Title: Figured it Out
Rating: PG/PG13
Pairing: Spike/Buffy
Summary: They looked at each other in silence for several moments, the back of Spikes hand still touching the swell of her breast. Then, in a move that rivaled the most clichéd movie romance scenes, they simultaneously reached forward, Buffy going for Spikes head and hair with both of her hands as Spike wrapped one arm around her sitting form, pulling her towards him and laid the other hand on her cheek as their lips meet in a passionate kiss.
Spoilers: AU- Post- S4 Spoilers. i.e. that Spike is somehow going to join the Scooby gang. Mentioning of some “Something Blue” scenes.
Total Story Word Count: 7 402
Author Notes: This is written for Hils for btvs_halloween on livejournal. The assignment was Fluffy Spuffy. Thanks to my beta Angela (spikesbint) for the editing & Jaqui (shagmedraco) for being my bouncing board and giving me the support I needed.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters from either Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel: the Series, they belong to Joss Whedon, David Greenwalt, Fox, WB, ME, UPN and the other affiliates the shows might have. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

~*~
Figured It Out – (2/2)


The ceremony was being held in the Sunnydale Park. Everyone, including the guests wore white clothes, as the invitations had insisted on. The theme for the wedding was white, white, white and some silver and Buffy had wanted the guests to match.

Jaqui, the High Priestess who married them, had combined the classical wedding ceremony that everyone recognized with several unorthodox ones, creating a personalized ceremony for the two warriors. When they had first met, through Willow and Tara who belonged to Jaquis’ coven, there had been an instant likeness. As neither Buffy nor Spike was religious, she’d been the best choice and they’d been very happy when she’d agreed to marry them.

The Park they were in had been rented for the day, as had the nearby reception hall where Angel waited and no one would be there but them.

Earlier that day, as Willow did her maid-of-honor duty and helped Buffy into her simple yet elegant white wedding dress in lace and sheer silk, she’d broached the subject of the dates. That was something she’d been wondering about for a while, as when everyone found out they would be getting married, they’d expected them to do so on Halloween, as that was their anniversary.

Buffy had grinned like a Cheshire cat as she let Willow in on the reason for the date. On that day, 4 years ago, when they had first claimed each other, and they’d been discussing dates for their wedding, they had both agreed that although getting married on the day they first got together was a good idea, getting married the human way on the anniversary of their first ‘wedding’, was an even better one.

The two girls had giggled and blushed, reduced to the high school girls they had never really been, as the moment called for it while Willow fixed Buffys’ hair, making sure that the long locks cascaded down her back. Her hair was very long now and the only thing holding it up was a few silver barrettes with blue flowers on the sides, representing her ‘something blue’, which pulled the hair back from her face. Once, when they’d begun dating, Spike had mentioned that he loved Buffys’ hair, all bounce and sunshine just like her, and ever since, she’d let it grow. Just for him.

After putting on her silver and white toe slippers, and Willow finished the light make up Buffy wore, she was good to go. She picked up the wedding bouquet, which consisted of white roses, while Willow smiled secretly behind her.

Just then there was a knock on the door, and Willow, after making sure Buffy couldn’t be seen from the door, opened it. She met the smiling faces of Joyce, Giles, Tara and a very pregnant Anya and she let them in with a smile on her face.

“Mom? Why aren’t you guys outside?” Buffy asked, bewildered. She didn’t know why they were there. If it hadn’t been for the smiling faces and the fact that Spike wouldn’t leave her, she’d start thinking something was very wrong.

“Honey, you look beautiful,” Joyce whispered with tears in her eyes. And Buffy did. She glowed with happiness and the smile on her face was wide. The right below her knees-dress glittered in the light and her eyes sparkled. Buffy really was a beautiful bride.

“Thank you mom.” Buffy said, and the two women embraced, Buffy doing the best she could to keep her tears at bay. They pulled away from each other and Joyce traced Buffys cheeks with her hands, smiling down at her. Giles cleared his throat.

“We come bearing gifts.” Anya said, taking Giles’s hint, and showing Buffy a small blue box with a white ribbon around it, covering the words ‘Tiffany’s’. Buffy accepted the gift and after opening it she gasped. Inside the box, a pair of diamond studs in platinum settings sparkled at her. She looked up at Anya with more tears in her eyes, and at a loss for words. “They are from me, Xander, Willow and Tara.” Anya explained, “They represent your ‘something new’.” She finished proudly. After thanking her and the other two girls, exchanging hugs and kisses; Buffy changed her old earrings for the new ones, smiling in happiness.

“And this,” Giles said, handing Buffy an old carved wooden box, “is your ‘something borrowed’.” Buffy opened the box, and found inside the most beautiful bracelet she’d ever seen. It also was set in platinum, and diamonds and rubies were scattered across the link. She looked up at Giles, afraid to even touch it. “It was my mothers.” Giles said and Buffy smiled at him, throwing her arms around him. He gladly hugged her back and they stood like that for a few moments before he pulled away taking the box from Buffys hands. He picked the bracelet up and after Buffy had raised her right hand and presented her wrist to him, he clasped it for her. Buffy wiped away the tears falling from her eyes as she smiled up at the man she now considered to be her father.

“I guess its time for your ‘something old’ then.” Joyce said and presented Buffy with another wooden box. This one didn’t have carvings on it though. “Open it.” She urged Buffy who accepted the gift and opened the box, a big smile on her face.

“Mom…” Buffy gasped, stunned at what she saw. Inside the box laid a very old looking pendant necklace, made in silver. It was very simple, but the elegance of its simplicity only added to the charm. Buffy glanced up at her mother in wonder. “Its been in our family for generations,” she answered Buffys’ unasked questions, “my mother gave it to me on my wedding day, as her mother had done before her. And now, it is my turn to give it to you.” She said, tears falling from her eyes as she looked at her beautiful daughter, proud of the woman she’d turned out to be, and proud to be part of her life.

Mother and daughter embraced, and tears fell from both of their eyes. After several moments, they pulled away, once again wiping tears from their eyes as Giles glanced at the clock on the wall. Seeing that it was time to go, he began to usher everyone out of the small room, but Willow and Tara held back.

“There’s something else for you.” Willow said, smiling at Buffy as Tara handed her a bouquet of wild flowers. “We picked this for you to use as your wedding bouquet on the day that you and Spike announced your plans on getting married.” Willow explained and Buffy smiled.

“But they are fresh, and new…” she said, looking oddly at the flowers as she accepted them, ignoring the old bouquet lying on the table beside her.

Willow smirked at her. “We’re witches Buffy. We’ve been preserving them with magic.” Buffy smiled at the two of them.

“Its supposed to bring happiness and good fortune for the newly weds.” Tara explained and Buffy thanked them. She was moved by the gesture and found herself loving the two witches even more.

“Well,” she said with a smile, “I guess there’s nothing else for me to do but get married.”

~

The ceremony had gone off without a hitch. It had been beautiful, the gazebo they’d been joined in had been dressed with flowers, inside and out, and the chairs the guests sat on were also dressed with flowers.

When Giles had walked Buffy down the aisle and her eyes had met Spikes for the first time in the 24-hours they’d been apart, she could feel her breath hitch in her throat. Her mom had insisted that some traditions were hard to give up and even though both she and Spike had complained about it at the time, seeing him now, she realized it had been worth it.

In the beginning, Buffy had been very adamant about Spike wearing a tux, but after much pouting, puppy-eyes and romantic gestures, not to mention all the amazing sex, Spike had persuaded her in letting him forgo the suit jacket. Instead he and Xander, his best man, only wore the white dress pants and shirts, leaving the ties at home with the jackets.

Buffy had to admit that Spike did look extremely good like that, the top buttons undone and his hair disheveled, something that made her smile as she just knew he’d been running his hands through it repeatedly and had forgot to look in the mirror afterwards.

To Spike, Buffy had never looked more like an angel. The light reflected of her dress, the skirt of it flared slightly and swayed behind her as she walked, as the sun caressed her skin and hair.

The happy smile on her face and the love he could see shining in her eyes made him smile in turn, knowing it was him that had put that look on her face.
Giles had led her up the rest of the way, then with a kiss on Buffys cheek and squeeze of Spikes shoulder; he had sat down next to Joyce who was silently crying into a handkerchief. He smiled down at her, taking her free hand in his own and giving it a squeeze. She looked up and they smiled at each other briefly, before turning back towards the just starting ceremony, both looking like the proud parents they were.

The ceremony was over fairly quickly and after congratulating the newly weds, the guests left the park and walked together to the reception hall, waiting for the bridal party to arrive. While they waited, they mingled and caught up with each other. Happy to meet not only family members they hadn’t met in a while, but Buffy and Spikes friends as well.

The wedding photographer was a very enthusiastic young man named Andrew who seemed especially interested in taking pictures of Spike, and had used several rolls of film during the wedding and after, finishing up with a few more of the bridal party in different combos. He’d too gone to the reception hall, waiting for them, so he could take more pictures as they arrived. While waiting, Andrew got quite a few shots of the guests who were all happy to be memorialized by him.

Jonathan, the wedding planner, and his assistant Warren, had been busy all day with making final arrangements and changes. The reception hall was swimming in white, and there were large flower arrangements standing all around the hall. The tables were set in white, with just a hint of silver, and the dance floor had been lined with small lights, which would be lit once it got dark. The band they’d hired, ‘Dingoes Ate My Baby’ who came back and played just for Buffy and Spike, were already up on the stage, playing softly in the background.

Later that night, after dinner, the first dance and feeding each other with cake, -and of course rubbing the cake pieces in the others face and then “helping” in the clean up-, the newly weds left the still on going party for their honeymoon.

When they had discussed where to go on their three week long honeymoon, Spike had suggested that he took care of everything regarding their trip, while Buffy worried about the wedding together with the Trio. The Trio, which consisted of their wedding planner Jonathan, Warren and the photographer Andrew, weren’t Spikes kind of people and he’d rather leave all the wedding details to Buffy. She had reluctantly agreed, and despite the numerous times she’d tried to threaten and seduce their destination out of Spike over the weeks, he’d never let anything go. Her husband could be very tightlipped when he felt like it, which he did usually when he knew she’d be annoyed by it.

The destination had been a secret to everyone except for Spike himself, Giles and the Council. When the Council had heard of Buffy and Spikes wedding, they’d called Spike and asked him where he’d been planning on taking Buffy for their honeymoon, wanting to pay for it all as a wedding gift. Spike had told them, and after just a few hours, everything had been taken care of. They’d fixed a townhouse for the two of them to stay in, in the heart of London. Spike had been meaning to take Buffy to England for years, but something had always come up. Not to mention the fact that Spike wanted to go back home for a while and show the love of his life around his hometown.

~

Three weeks later, they came back from England, happy and rested. They’d spent some time walking around, and Spike had managed to show Buffy around a big part of London, but most of their vacation had been spent in bed.

As they hadn’t had the time to open up their gifts after their wedding, and hadn’t wanted to do it during the reception, as they didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable if they gave them something they didn’t want, they decided to do it after their honeymoon.

The gang had already taken the gifts and left them in their apartment, and the day after they returned they began to open them all up.

They received the usual things; beautiful china, knick-knacks, books and weapons from everyone, and they were happy with everything. As Buffy began to fill out the thank-you cards her mother had provided them with, Spike noticed an envelope, lying underneath the all the other gifts. He picked it up and looked on both sides, but there was no text on either side.

He frowned before opening the envelope, taking out the single sheet of paper.

‘By the power invested in me by the Powers that Be, I, Whistler James, hereby grant you, William ‘Spike’ Giles and Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Giles, one wish. It is my wedding gift for you. Talk it over and once you decide what you want, call on me. I will come and make it so. No consequences and no hidden agendas. You can have anything you want. I promise.’

Spike read silently, glancing up at Buffy. She sat with her back against him and hadn’t noticed a thing. Silently, now worried that she might sense what he had just found, Spike folded the paper and put it back into the envelope, sliding it into his back pocket before continuing to clear up the room of all the boxes and wrappings.

~

Later that night, as Buffy lay asleep in their bed, satiated and blissfully unaware of the wish they had received from the Powers, Spike stood outside on the balcony, waiting for Whistler to show up. He’d just called on him, and now he was nervous that Buffy would suddenly wake up and find out what he was about to do.

He’d already decided, once he saw and realized the possibilities of the gift, that he wouldn’t let Buffy see it. He knew it wasn’t fair to her, but he also knew that she’d wish that vampires weren’t real, that demons didn’t exist and it was not her place to do so. He was going to be selfish, extremely selfish, but he didn’t care. This was his shot, and he was going to take it.

“You called.” Whistler said suddenly behind him and Spike whirled around, shushing him.

“Yes. I have made up my mind about the wish.” He said quietly, not wanting to take any chances of waking Buffy up. She was the slayer after all and her hearing was almost as good as his.

“What about the Slayer? Has she agreed?” Whistler said, already knowing the answer. It was no coincidence that Spike had been the one to find the letter, nor that Buffy was otherwise occupied at the time. The only reason he’d written that the wish was for the both of them to make was because of his bosses. They were the most powerful beings in this universe after all. Thankfully, he’d been able to get some help in distracting them while working his magic on the newly weds. He also already knew what Spike was going to ask for, which was the sole purpose of the gift. He didn’t have the power to execute the plans without the Powers help and thankfully, they had thought it a good idea as well when he’d broached the subject. But they were all about equal share these days, which was why he’d had to include Buffy in the wish making.

“She doesn’t know.” Spike said, knowing he wouldn’t be able to lie to Whistler and deciding that it wasn’t even worth trying to do so.

“Alright.” Whistler said, “What do you wish for?”

~*~

Two months later.

Buffy stared dumbfounded on the stick in her hand. It wasn’t possible yet here it was plain for her to see in white and blue. She stood for a few moments, just looking at the stick, not believing her eyes.

When the front door opened and closed, she broke out of her reverie and stuffed the stick back into the box together with the manual before hiding it behind some cleaning supplies.

“Luv?” Spike called from the living room. “I have the movies and food.” He continued and Buffy glanced in the mirror, making sure she looked normal as she called back out to him that she’d be right there and walked out of the bathroom.

Later that night, or early morning as it were, as they laid in bed, basking in post- coital, Buffy turned to Spike with a serious expression on her face.

“Do you believe in miracles?” She asked him and he glanced down at her, wrapping an arm around her.

“Of course. I have you don’t I?” he answered and placed a kiss on her forehead. She smiled a sappy smile at him but then sighted. “What is it?” he asked, pulling away from her slightly to be able to look her in the eyes.

“I…okay, don’t freak now.” She warned and Spike nodded

“Okay.” He said and Buffy took a deep breath.

“I’m pregnant.” She said, worried about Spikes reaction. They had never talked about kids and whether or not they wanted them, as Spike wasn’t able to produce any and it was a mote point anyway. She didn’t know if he wanted any, and what if he thought she’d slept with someone else and gotten pregnant? If he did that, she didn’t know what she’d do.

All her worries had been for naught she realized when Spikes face lit up like a Christmas tree and he began to rain kisses all over her face and down to her tummy.

“Ehh…Spike?” she asked, interrupting his monologue with their unborn baby about all the things he would show him and all the things they would do. He looked up at her, smiling broadly. When he realized she was confused about his behavior, happy, but confused, he crawled up to lay next to her again.

“I already knew.” He said, and she looked at him in shock. “Not that you were pregnant now, but that you would be.” He explained, but Buffy only looked more confused and shocked.

“How?” she asked him and he gave her a sheepish smile.

“We might’ve received a wedding gift which I might’ve made use of.” He said. Seeing that she had no idea what he was talking about he heaved a sigh before telling her the whole story, the risk of getting thrown out of the bed be damned.

After he finished, Buffy laid in silence for a while, letting it all sink in. They had received a wish from the Powers, and Spike had, instead of wishing that all the demons were wiped out from the face of the Earth, except for a selected few, or something equally as good for mankind, he’s wished for them to be able to have children.

“You have to understand love, that yes, the thought of wishing all demons were good, or turned human with souls, I realized I couldn’t do that. No matter how much we both don’t want them to exist, the truth of the matter is that they do, and for a good reason. I might’ve been selfish, but so what? We deserve this, and I know that no matter what everyone else might say, most would do something selfish too.” Spike said, and Buffy turned her head towards him.

“I know. I was just…I mean…its kind of…I think I’ve had one to many surprises today.” She said with a smile and Spike smiled back, leaning down to kiss her. He was happy and relieved when she reciprocated and he sank into the kiss.

“Spike?” she asked a few moments later as they broke the kiss. He looked at her questionably, as one of his hands had slid down under the covers to stroke her still flat belly. “I won’t be allowed to patrol anymore will I?” she continued and Spike smiled at her, shaking his head.

“Of course not.”

“Then, are you going to do it alone?” She asked, and Spike shrugged.

“I wouldn’t mind. Have to keep you and the bit here all safe.” He said and she smiled, happy to be able to get a rest from slaying for a while.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They met in a passionate kiss and were soon lost in each other as outside, the dawn rose on the horizon, proclaiming the beginning of another day.

The End.