Chapter 8

“Are you going to talk to her?”
Spike was so startled at the unexpected voice that he spit the water he had been drinking on the window in front of him.
“That’s just gross.” Angel commented, grabbing a few paper towels and handing them to Spike.
“You shouldn’t be sneaking up on a bloke like that.” Spike grumbled, wiping the water off of the window. He smiled slightly when he saw Buffy laugh.
“And no, I haven’t talked to her yet.” Spike said offhandedly, walking to the trashcan and tossing the paper towels inside.
Angel nodded.
“I’m going to go get James.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Buffy paused in front of her bedroom door. She took a deep breath and opened the door, walking inside.
Spike was lying on the bed with his arm thrown over his face, covering his eyes. When he heard Buffy come in, he moved his arm away from his face and looked at her questioningly. He sat up on the bed and patted the empty space next to him. Buffy fidgeted with her hands nervously before sitting on the bed next to Spike.
“Spike…”
“Buffy…”
Spike grinned slightly.
“You go, luv.”
“I just…I just wanted to say I’m sorry for not telling you my suspicions earlier. I-I was scared. I didn’t really want to believe it at first, but now…now I’m happy. There’s still no guarantee that I am pregnant until I go to the doctor, but Darla said that if the all of the tests were positive, then I most likely am pregnant.” Buffy stopped, trying not to babble so much. Instead of saying anything else, she grasped Spike’s hand, holding on to it tightly.
Spike smiled at the gesture and squeezed her hand.
“I love you Buffy. And I guarantee you I will love our baby. I didn’t mean to yell at you last night. I was upset, because you didn’t come to me first. I wanted to be with you Buffy, the entire time. And I will be with you the all the way. I promise you that.” Spike told her.
“Even in the delivery room?” Buffy teased.
“Of course.” Spike answered.
Buffy giggled and Spike stuck his tongue out.
“I’ll make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.” Buffy told him.
“Good. I’ll take you.” Spike answered, absently rubbing circles on the back of Buffy’s hand. “Are we ok?” Spike asked quietly.
“Yes.” Buffy answered, leaning over and brushing her lips against Spike’s in a soft kiss.
“Good.” Spike said, leaning over the side of the bed. “I have something for you.”
Spike handed Buffy a small bag. She glanced at Spike curiously and he smirked. She grinned and opened the bag. She pulled out a pair of white booties.
“These are so adorable!” Buffy squealed, throwing herself onto to Spike.
Spike chuckled and wrapped his arms around Buffy.
“Thank you.” Buffy whispered, resting her head on Spike’s shoulder.
“I’d do anything for you.” Spike answered quietly, rubbing Buffy’s back.
“I know. And I’d do anything for you.” Buffy told him, smiling into his shoulder.
They held each other in silence for a moment before Buffy jumped up.
“I have something for you too.”
Buffy jumped up and ran out the room. Just as Spike was about to get up and follow, Buffy ran back in holding a paper bag. She handed Spike the paper bag and sat back down next to him.
“Go on, open it.” Buffy prodded.
Spike opened the paper bag and pulled out a pregnancy test. He started to laugh.
“I suppose you want me to take this?” Spike teased.
Buffy rolled her eyes.
“Ok, so it’s for me. I thought you might like the gesture.”
Spike’s look turned serious.
“I appreciate it, luv.”
“Good.” Buffy said, grinning. She grabbed the test from Spike and headed toward the bathroom. “I’ll be out in a minute.”
Spike got up to follow, but Buffy stopped him, giggling.
“The part where you come in is after I take the test.” Buffy giggled, and went into the bathroom.
Spike sat on the bed and waited for Buffy. She came out a few minutes later.
“Now, we have to wait.” Buffy said, sitting next to Spike.
Spike looked at her and cocked his head to the side.
“How ‘bout we take a bath, kitten?”
“A bath? Now?” Buffy asked, giggling.
“Yeah. I feel like taking a bath.” Spike said, smirking. He stood up and held his hand out to Buffy. Buffy took his hand and stood.
“Oh I see.” Buffy said, smiling. “This is just a way to get me naked, isn’t it?” Buffy teased.
Spike led her into the bathroom.
“Kitten, I don’t have to tell you to take a bath to get you naked.”
Spike leaned over the tub and turned the water on, getting it to the perfect temperature.
“Pretty cocky, aren’t we?” Buffy asked, pulling her shirt over her head.
“You know it.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After taking a shower, Anya walked downstairs, tying her hair up as she went. She spotted Xander sprawled out on the sofa and smiled.
She debated whether or not to wake him. She settled on cuddling up next to him. Xander stirred as Anya laid her head on his chest. He threw his arm around her and pulled her closer.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Spike and Buffy sat in the steaming bathtub. Buffy leaned against Spike, and he had his arms wrapped around her, absently rubbing her stomach.
“Is it time?” Spike asked.
“Spike, you asked me that like two minutes ago.” Buffy teased.
“So? Is it time?” Spike asked.
“Yes, I think.” Buffy answered, scooting to the end of the tub and grabbing the test off of the counter.
She settled back against Spike and placed the test in his hand.
“Well?” she asked.
“Positive.” Spike answered, placing the test on the floor next to the tub.
“Good.”