Summary: The gang starts their first year at college. They’re living in an old fraternity house, with the addition of two new housemates. There’s fights, a baby, lots of Spuffy drama, new characters… Sequel to Pretend to Be Nice.


A/N: I know…sucky summary. But I’m afraid I’ll give too much away if I go any further. You should get the basic plot by at least the third or fourth chapter.

Prologue
The sun rode high in the sky on a lazy summer day. Children played in the sprinklers, enjoying their last days of freedom, the birds chirped…

A car screeched to a halt in front of a two-story house causing the birds to flutter away. Two figures stepped out.

“I told you to stop the car before pulling the emergency brake.”

“Sorry. I forgot! You know damn well that I suck at driving. I don’t know why you insist on teaching me.”

Buffy and Spike stood next to the Desoto looking at the house.

“You can drive well. You just tend to freak out every now and then. It’ll get better.” Spike told her, wrapping his arms around her.

“I can’t believe we’re starting college next week.” Buffy said, leaning against Spike.

“Yep. These are supposed to be the best years of our lives.” Spike said, chuckling.

“I bet they are.” Buffy said.

Another car parked in front of the Desoto. Anya and Xander got out and walked over to Buffy and Spike.

“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted.

“Have you been inside yet?” Anya asked.

“No. We just got here.” Spike answered.

“The driveway’s a wreck.” Xander commented.

“We’ll have to call and get someone to fix it.” Buffy said, kicking a chunk of cement.

“When are Jesse and Fred getting here?” Anya asked.

“They should be here pretty soon.” Buffy answered.

Just then, a truck parked on the other side of the street. Jesse and Fred got out and walked over to the others.

“Hey guys. Did you get everything straight with the owner?” Buffy asked.

Fred nodded.

“Everything’s taken care of. We’re paid until next semester.”

“Good. Glad we got that part over with.” Xander commented.

“Yes. Giving my precious money to that short man was very heartbreaking.” Anya said.

Spike chuckled.

“Oh yes. It was terrible for me too. Really, quite tragic.”

Anya smacked Xander on the arm.

“See. I told you that someone out there loves their money just as much as I do.”

“He was being sarcastic Ahn.” Xander said, rolling his eyes.

“No he wasn’t!” Anya yelled.

As the two began to argue, the others began to walk toward the house. It was a two-story house, with an attic and basement, and was originally used as a fraternity house until they moved to a newer house. The gang walked inside, a happy Anya and Xander joining them.

“The porch doesn’t look safe.” Fred said, eyeing the old boards that groaned as they moved across them.

“It’s not so bad.” Spike said, moving ahead to test the strength of the wood.

“Yeah, it’s nothing a few nails and some new boards can’t fix.” Jesse said, moving to stand next to Spike.

“Are you sure?” Buffy asked, looking at Spike warily.

“Positive, luv. We can fix-“ Spike was stopped mid-sentence as he and Jesse crashed to the ground.

After the dust settled, Spike and Jesse were standing in the middle of what would have been the porch, covered in dust.

“You’re right. It is safe.” Buffy said, bursting into laughter.

“Finally, someone else does the stupid thing! And it wasn’t me this time!” Xander said, laughing.

“Oh yeah, real funny. Boba Fett.” Jesse said.

Xander stopped laughing abruptly and reached over to help the guys out of the hole. Once they were out and standing on the porch again, Buffy started to giggle again.

“Why don’t you guys see if the door opens, and if the stairs are ok?”

Spike looked at her and grinned.

“Alright then pet.”

He grabbed Buffy and swung her into his arms, causing her to squeal. He stepped around the hole and opened the door, stepping in.

“We’re hooomme!”, he yelled, dropping Buffy.

The others stepped in to survey the house. There was a large room to the left with a fireplace, and a smaller room that led out of it. To the right was another smaller room, with a large dining table. Straight ahead was the kitchen, equipped with an oven and refrigerator. There was a set of stairs that led to the second floor, where there were seven rooms and three bathrooms.

The gang moved upstairs to pick out their bedrooms. Spike and Buffy picked a bedroom that was in the corner of the house. It had two windows, and luckily a door that led into a bathroom, which they would share with Anya and Xander, who had taken the room next to it. Fred and Jesse chose their bedroom that was across the hall from Buffy and Spike.

The gang flitted about the house, looking over the rooms.

They had decided to share a house so they could be together. Willow and Oz were moving in also, but they were currently in LA on vacation. Darla and Angel were also moving in with their baby, James. They were coming in from New York the same day that Willow and Oz were coming back. That left one bedroom, which had been rented out. The gang had yet to meet them. All they knew was that their new housemates were two girls and that they were freshmen.

They met downstairs before they left to discuss moving in and arrangements for repairs.

“So I’ll bring some boards and nails and stuff to fix the porch.” Jesse said.

“Ok. So that leaves the driveway.” Buffy said.

“I called someone to come by and fix it.” Fred said. “They said it should be done by tomorrow.”

“Good. Cause we’re gonna need it to move in.” Anya said.

“And what are you ladies going to do while us big manly men are repairing the porch?” Xander asked.

“Yeah. We’re going to be all sweaty and we’ll need someone to bring us drinks.” Spike said, grinning.

“We are going to be scrubbing the house.” Fred said.

“And fighting the evil dust bunnies.” Buffy said.

Anya’s eyes widened.

“Bunnies? There are bunnies in the house? Why wasn’t I told about the bunnies?”