Chapter 4

Monday morning, Buffy walked out of the bathroom, ready for class. Spike lay back on the bed, dressed as well. He looked at her as she walked in and smiled.
“Ready for your first day?”
Buffy rolled her eyes and sat down next to him.
“I’m terrified.” she admitted.
Spike sat up and hugged her.
“Hey now. Everything’s going to be fine. You’re going to be ok.”
Buffy nodded. Spike looked at her curiously.
“Are you feeling ok, pet?”
“Oh, yeah. I’m fine. It’s just nervousness.”
“Alright. If you say so.” Spike said, standing up and getting his book bag. “Ready for class?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Buffy sat next to Spike in Theatre 101. The professor had passed out the syllabi and was now droning on about the importance of studying and coming to class. Luckily for her, this was an eleven o’clock class, so she wasn’t really tired. She sat back and thought about the past weekend, which seemed like a blur.
Drusilla and Faith hadn’t caused much trouble yet, but that was because Drusilla stayed in her room and Faith had yet to return.
Suddenly, the room started to tilt, and Buffy closed her eyes waiting for the dizziness to subside.
Spike poked her side and she opened her eyes.
“What?”
“Class is over, kitten. Come on.” Spike said, pulling Buffy up.
They walked through the throng of students, over to the Science building, where Buffy had Biology 101. Spike had a different class at this time.
“I’ll meet you at the Student Union for lunch, ok pet?”
“That’s fine.”
Spike smiled and kissed Buffy, and then he was gone. Buffy sighed. This class was going to suck. Not only was it biology, but none of her friends were in it.
Buffy entered the large building. She looked at her watch.
“Ten minutes.” she muttered under her breath.
She pulled out her class list.
“Jeffers 311. Where the hell is Jeffers 311?”
“You have Biology 101 too?”
Buffy turned at the voice and smiled at the nervous boy.
“Yeah. You too, huh?”
The boy nodded.
“I’m Andrew Tucker. Freshman.”
Buffy shook the boy’s hand.
“Buffy Summers. Freshman also.”
“Well, I’m glad you talk to yourself. Otherwise I would be lost.” Andrew said.
“I don’t usually talk to myself.” Buffy stuttered. “And anyway, I’m lost too.”
“Well, at least I have someone to get lost with now.”
Buffy giggled and they made their way down the hall.
“Wait, when did Stevens turn to Jeffers?” Buffy said looking at the sign above their head.
“Huh. I had heard this building had three names. How stupid.” Andrew commented.
“Well, we have to be on the right track, right.”
“Lead on, Skywalker!” Andrew intoned.
Buffy looked at him curiously before continuing.
“Aha! Jeffers 311. Biology 101. There’s a sign.” Buffy said.
Buffy and Andrew made their way inside the large room, and sat in the back in the corner. Soon, the professor came in and called the role and went over the syllabus. The he explained the lab section and requested that everyone pair up and write their names on a sheet of paper to be handed in. The class exploded into groups, as everyone picked their partners.
“So, you want to be lab buddies?” Andrew asked.
“Sure. Why not.”
They sat in silence for a moment, watching the others.
“Are you excited about classes?” Andrew asked.
“Painfully.” Buffy answered, doodling on the pages in her binder.
“I bet there’s gonna be a lot of parties this week too. Not that I’m a crazy partier. And I’m not always this hyper either. I’m just excited.”
“Yeah. Me too.” Buffy said, amused.
“I’m really glad I’m going to be with someone cool. I can tell you’re cool. I just know this year is going to be super fun!”
Buffy laughed and closed her binder as the class was dismissed.
“Where are you headed to now?” Andrew asked.
“Lunch. You?”
“I brought my lunch. I have a class at one so I’m going to go ahead and find it.”
“That’s an hour from now.” Buffy said.
“Yeah. I have an hour to hopefully not get lost.” Andrew answered.
Buffy laughed.
“Is that your boyfriend?” Andrew asked, pointing to a picture of her and Spike at the beach in the front of her binder.
“Yep. That’s Spike.”
As they walked along, Buffy was struck with an idea.
“You live in a dorm?”
Andrew nodded.
“Yeah. My friend and I live over in the Cunningham’s. Of course we had to be placed in the party dorm. Not much sleep to be had there.”
“I see. Well, don’t get your hopes up, but there may be an opening at the end of this week in the house I live in.”
“House?” Andrew asked.
“Yeah. My friends decided to buy this old fraternity house. There will be an extra room I hope by the end of the week. Maybe you and your friend would like to move in.”
“That would be so cool.” Andrew gushed.
“Well, this is my stop. I’ll keep you posted about the room though.”
“Ok. Bye Buffy!” Andrew yelled, as he walked away.
Buffy walked through the mill of students.
“Party at Mill House!” a guy yelled, handing her a yellow flyer.
“We won’t take anymore! This must stop!” another girl yelled, shoving a purple flyer in Buffy’s face.
By the time she reached Spike, who was sitting at a table, she had ten different flyers for various events.
“Hello kitten.” Spike greeted, giving her a kiss.
Buffy sat down next to Spike.
“Hey yourself. How was class?” she asked.
“Ok. Not what I expected. I’m supposed to be taking British Literature, but most of the books are not even by British authors. How about yours?”
“It was ok. I made a friend!” Buffy said, grinning.
“Did you now?”
“Yep. His name’s Andrew. He’s going to be my lab partner. I have a feeling this will be an interesting semester.” Buffy said.
Spike chuckled.
“Let’s get some lunch before class.”
Buffy nodded and they headed inside.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Buffy and Spike walked into Psychology 101. They spotted Willow and Oz and sat down next to them.
The Professor walked into class and handed out the syllabi.
“I’m Professor Walsh. Those of you who fall into my good graces will come to know me as Maggie. Those of you who don’t will come to know me by the nickname my TA’s use and don’t think I know about: the Evil Bitch Monster of Death.”
The class chuckled and Buffy grimaced.
“Make no mistake. I run a hard class. I assign a lot of work, I talk fast, and I expect you to keep up. If you’re looking to coast, I recommend Geology 101. That’s where the football players are.”
Professor Walsh stared at the class a moment, and then waved her hand.
“First assignment is to read the first four chapters. Class dismissed.”