Chapter 3


Buffy stared at the dark-haired beauties.

“Oh, well, come in. We weren’t expecting you today.”

The girls walked in and stood there looking around.

“Well, I’m Buffy. And this is my boyfriend Spike.”, she said, moving over to stand next to Spike, who was staring intently at the ground, something that did not go unnoticed by Buffy.

“I’m Faith McCoy.”, the brunette said, then pointed to the girl with raven hair. “This is Drusilla Wellington, my cousin. Her flight from England got in early last night. That’s why we’re early.”

Drusilla moved closer to Buffy and Spike.

“What a pretty little ball of sunshine.”, she said, looking over Buffy.

Buffy looked at Faith, who shrugged.

“Her mom did a lot of drugs when she was pregnant. Dru thinks she can see the future or some shit.”

Buffy nodded slowly, then looked over at Spike. Drusilla stood in front of him, running her hand down his face. Spike shoved the hand away, scowling.

“Leave me alone, Dru.”

“You two know each other?” Buffy asked, upset.

“We knew each other back in England.” Spike said, rubbing his hand down Buffy’s back in a calming gesture.

Buffy managed a tiny “oh”.

“Yes, he is my dear William.” Drusilla cooed, moving closer to Spike.

Spike moved back, bringing Buffy with him.

“I was never yours Drusilla. Back off.”

Faith leaned against the wall watching the scene in amusement.

‘D’s right. This will be fun.’ Faith thought, catching Xander’s eye as he came down the stairs.

“What’s up?”, he asked.

“I’m Faith, your new housemate.” Faith said, slinking over to Xander. “And you are?”

“Xander.”, he said, then noticed Faith’s hand trailing up and down his arm. “And taken.”, he added, moving away.

“That’s Drusilla.” Buffy said, shortly.

“And we’re leaving.” Spike added, dragging Buffy up the stairs.

“Me too. Gotta go unpack.” Xander said, suddenly alone with the girls.

“Need some help? Our stuff doesn’t come until tomorrow, so I got plenty of time on my hands.” Faith offered suggestively.

“No, no.” Xander stuttered. “I think my girlfriend and I can handle it.”

He turned and ran up the stairs.

Faith went into the living room, where Drusilla was sitting.

“I give him a week, tops, before he’s in my bed.” Faith said, grinning.

Drusilla pouted.

“My William is attached to the sunshine. Will you help me put it out?”

Faith grinned.

“What’s family for?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Spike sat side-by-side on the bed in silence.

“Did you guys go out?” Buffy asked, breaking the silence.

Spike sighed.

“Yeah, when we were thirteen. It was before I moved here.”

Buffy nodded.

“I think she still has a thing for you.”

Spike shook his head.

“She never had a thing for me. She just wanted me as her playtoy.”

“Playtoy?”, Buffy repeated, looking at Spike. “Did you have sex with her?”

Spike turned toward Buffy and looked her in the eye.

“The first and only person I have ever had sex with was you, luv.”

“Me? But I thought…”

Spike sighed.

“Rumors that were started when I moved here. I never said they were wrong, so everyone just believed it. Now, you’re the only one that knows.”

“So the others don’t know?” Buffy asked.

“No. Just you. It was kind of embarrassing to say otherwise. Xander and Jesse would never let me hear the end of it, you know, about lying about something that important. I guess that’s why I never told you. Actually, that’s the reason why I dumped Drusilla. She was pushing and I wanted to wait for someone special.”, he finished, looking at Buffy.

Buffy smiled.

“I understand, I guess. I completely trust you, but it just upsets me that she’s going to be living here. And Faith too. Did you see the way she was coming on to Xander? What a ho.”

“Well, we could talk to the others. All of us together pretty much own the house. We could make them leave.” Spike suggested.

“That sounds really ungrateful, but I think it would be for the best. For all of us.” Buffy said, hugging Spike.

“Me too, luv.”

“We’ll talk to them tonight at dinner. I just have a very bad feeling that those two are going to be trouble.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Three hours later, a few paint cans and ruined clothes, Buffy and Spike stood in the middle of their room. They had painted the walls and ceiling a midnight blue, and Buffy had used glow in the dark paint to draw stars and constellations on the ceiling. Spike had watched in amusement, as she had painted each constellation from memory.

Buffy looked down at her clothes and then at Spike.

“I think we should get ready for dinner.” Buffy said.

“Shower?” Spike asked, staring at what he thought was the Big Dipper.

“Yep.” Buffy said, then took off running, Spike chasing after her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Freshly washed, Buffy and Spike met the gang downstairs. Darla and Angel were going to stay behind to try to finish setting up the baby’s things. Faith and Drusilla were nowhere to be seen, so Buffy and Spike motioned for them to make a run for it.

They now sat at a large table at the Huddle House.

“What’d you guys think of the newbies?” Jesse asked.

“Drusilla’s a psycho loony.” Fred said.

“I agree with you on that one.” Spike said.

“Faith’s a bitch.” Willow said. At the others’ looks of shock and amusement, she added, “What? I can say it. She’s a bitch.”

“I thought she lacked…manners.” Oz said.

“She’s trouble.” Buffy and Xander said simultaneously.

“Which one?” Anya asked. “Both of them look like trouble to me.”

“Exactly.” Xander said. “Faith kept coming on to me. It was creepy.”

“She what?” Anya asked.

“Ahn, calm down. I told her I was taken.” Xander said.

“Doesn’t mean she won’t try. Drusilla too.” Buffy commented.

“Drusilla? Who would she…oh.” Willow said.

“What? What’d I miss?” Xander asked.

“The British accent.” Oz said.

“I say, even though they may be trouble, that we give them the benefit of the doubt.” Fred said.

“I kinda get what you’re saying. Imagine how we’d feel if someone thought we were trouble and kicked us out on the streets before we even got a chance to move in.” Willow stated.

“Damn our morals.” Buffy huffed.

“Fine.” Spike said. “We give them a bloody week, then we kick them out and find someone else.”

“Yeah. There are plenty of people that would jump at the chance to live in a house instead of a dorm.” Xander said.

“I agree with Xander.” Anya said heatedly. “The sooner we can kick them out the better because no one touches Xander but me.”

“There’s my little green demon.” Xander said, kissing her.

“Sound good to you, pet?” Spike asked Buffy.

Buffy nodded.

“I guess.”

Spike stood up abruptly and went to pay for his and Buffy’s meals.

“We’re gonna go on ahead. See you guys later.” Buffy said, before joining Spike at the door.

“Are you ok?” Buffy asked.

Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and they started walking.

“I’m fine. I just wanted to be alone with you.”

Spike wrapped his hand around Buffy’s waist and pulled her to him. Buffy rested her head against his shoulder. They walked in silence for a while before Buffy realized they were on campus.

“Where are we going?” Buffy asked.

“Just walking.” Spike said, pulling a paper out of his pocket. “I have a map. I thought we could walk around campus, see where things are.”

“Good idea. I’m afraid I’m gonna get lost.”

A little while later, they reached a tall oak tree. Spike sat down, pulling Buffy with him. Buffy sat between his legs and rested against his chest.

“Nice night.” Buffy said.

“Nice tree.” Spike said.

Buffy giggled.

“Nice tree? How romantic.”

“Well, I was thinking that we needed a tree. We had one in high school, so now, I dub this one our tree.” Spike told her.

“Hmm. Our tree.” Buffy commented, rubbing her stomach.

“Yep.”

And they sat in silence, holding each other and contemplating the next few days.