A/N:Giles does exist. For the purposes of this chapter, Buffy (and her mother)have already met Giles and they are all pretty close.

Chapter 10

Buffy walked into Biology class the next day with a bounce in her step. She signed in and walked up the steps to take her seat next to Andrew.

“Hi Buffy.” Andrew chirped, taking a sip from his juice box.

“Hi Andrew. Want to go get a snack with me when class is over?” Buffy asked.

Andrew looked down at the pretzels Buffy was munching on.

“Isn’t that your snack?” Andrew asked.

Buffy pouted.

“But I wanted a smoothie.” she stated.

Andrew leaned over closer to Buffy.

“Is this a food craving thing? You know, cause of the eggplant?” Andrew asked.

“Eggplant?” Buffy questioned. “I don’t like eggplant. And…is there something wrong with your eye?”

Andrew stopped trying to wink and sighed.

“I meant, the eggplant, as in…” Andrew started making motions over his stomach and winking idiotically again.

“Oooohh.” Buffy said slowly. “Why are you calling it that?”

Andrew shrugged.

“I just figured you didn’t want me to say it out loud.”

“Oh…well. Thanks I guess.”

“So when are you going to tell everyone else? Or did you already?” Andrew asked.

Buffy was about to answer when the professor walked in with a scowl on his face.

“Uh oh. Someone’s had a bad day.” Someone in the back muttered, causing the class to chuckle.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy and Andrew walked into the Student Union and headed towards the café. Buffy ordered her smoothie and paid and walked back over to Andrew, who was sitting in a booth munching on a taco.
“These are kinda good. They’re not as good as the ones from Taco Bell, but they will suffice.” Andrew said.

Buffy smirked and wiggled the straw in her cup.

“So, how is dorm life?” Buffy asked.

Andrew sighed dramatically.

“It’s horrible. I told you before, right, that we’re in the ‘party’ dorm. So, they have parties like every night and the other day and naked girl was walking down the hall.” Andrew said, looking horrified.

“Oh no! A naked girl!” Buffy asked, sarcastically.

“I know! She was naked!” Andrew agreed, shaking his head.

Buffy giggled.

“Well, anyway, Spike and I were talking last night, and well, we need to ask to others, but we have an extra room at the house. It’s about as big as the ones in the dorm but you’ll have your own bathroom. We wanted to ask you if you and your friend want to move in.”

“That would be so cool!” Andrew gushed.

“Well, I’ll talk it over with the others and let you know tomorrow.” Buffy told him, checking her watch. “Right now though, I have to get to class.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy flopped down onto the couch with a pint of ice cream in her hand. Spike walked in a few moments later and dropped himself down unceremoniously next to her. Buffy leaned over to lay against him and sighed.
“Ice cream?” Buffy asked, offering her spoon.

Spike shook his head. “You talk to your friend, kitten?”

“Yep.” Buffy answered, popping the ‘p’. “He really liked the idea.”

“Good. He seemed like a nice bloke.” Spike answered. “When do you want to talk to the others?”

“As soon as possible. I figured we could also throw in ‘Hey I’m pregnant!’. Kind of get the shock over with, ya know?”

Spike chuckled. “Don’t worry, luv. They won’t have a problem with it. But what about your mum? We still have to tell her.”

“What about your dad?” Buffy countered.

Spike suddenly had a flash of dear ol’ Rupert furiously cleaning his glasses and repeating ‘Oh dear lord’ over and over. Then he pictured Joyce hitting him over the head with an ax while yelling at him. Spike winced inwardly and looked at Buffy. She smiled at him and went back to her ice cream.

“So?” Buffy asked.

Spike thought quickly.

“Well, we could tell the others. Go eat dinner somewhere and then start with my dad. Then we go to your mum’s.”

Buffy nodded.

“How about we tell the others, call your dad, invite him to dinner at my house then go eat said dinner. I really don’t think I can handle surprising my mom and your dad at two different times. I’d rather do it all at once.”

Spike nodded.

“Good idea.”

“Ok. Go.”

“Go what?” Spike asked.

“Call your dad.”

“Shouldn’t you call your mum first?” Spike asked.

“Oh yeah. I guess I should do that.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After getting ready for their dinner, Buffy and Spike met the gang downstairs in the living room.
“So, what’s the what?” Xander asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

“Yes, why did you call this meeting? I was getting ready to read Cosmo while sitting on my bed in my underwear.” Anya stated.

Xander started to cough and Jesse handed him a bottle of water that was sitting on a coffee table. Xander took a swallow and gagged a little.

“How old is this water?” Xander asked. “It tastes like pond water.”

“Oh. That’s where it went to.” Willow said, suddenly. “Actually, it is pond water.”

Xander stuck out his tongue and rubbed it furiously.

“I just drank pond water.”, he stated.

“And I associate myself with this lot? I must be going daft.” Spike commented, smirking.

Buffy smacked him playfully on the chest.

Oz cleared his throat suddenly causing the others to look at him. “What?”, he asked.

Spike whistled getting the others attention.

“Well, we have two potential candidates for the room upstairs.” Buffy said.

“Who?” Fred asked.

“A friend of mine from class. He and his roommate are looking to move somewhere else.” Buffy explained.

“We were wondering if you lot would mind if they took the room upstairs?” Spike asked.

The others looked around at each other.

“Sure. As long as they keep up the rent.” Anya said. “Money is important to me and I don’t like having to pay extra every month.”

“Oook.” Willow said slowly. “It’s fine with me too.”

The others nodded giving their consent.

“Ok. Well, Spike and I have to go to mom’s for dinner. Bye!” Buffy said quickly before running out the room. She quickly ran back in and stopped. “Oh, by the way, Spike has something to tell you guys.” She ran back out again, this time out the front door.

The others looked at Spike expectantly while Spike looked at them with a deer-caught-in-the-headlights look. He darted out the front door after Buffy.

“Well, that was interesting. I’m gonna go start on my Cosmo.” Anya commented, getting ready to stand up.

Suddenly, Spike rushed back through the door with a reluctant Buffy in tow.

“Ok. Maybe not.” Anya said, sitting back down.

“We have something to tell you guys.” Spike said, holding on to Buffy.

Buffy and Spike looked at each other for a moment.

“Let’s do this as quick as possible.” Spike murmured.

Buffy nodded slightly looking as if she was going to be sick.

“Well, Spike and I are going to have a baby!” Buffy yelled.

Before the others had a chance to respond, Spike yelled a quick ‘bye!’ and ran out the door with Buffy, leaving the others sitting in the living room with their mouths hung open.

“Huh.” Oz said.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Oh my gosh, I thought I was going to be sick. Again.” Buffy said, rubbing her stomach.
Spike looked over at Buffy and frowned.

“What do you mean ‘again’?”

“Well, that’s kinda the reason why I ran out the door. I threw up in the bushes.” Buffy said, guiltily.

“Oh, well, you’ll be ok. At dinner. Telling the folks.” Spike said, looking a little pale.

Buffy reached over and placed her hand over his.

“We’ll be ok.”

Spike pulled into the driveway at 1630 Revello Drive and turned the car off.

“Your dad’s already here.” Buffy commented, staring blankly at the house.

“Yeah. Your mum’s already here.” Spike answered.

Buffy looked at Spike.

“My mom lives here.” Buffy said.

Spike looked at Buffy.

“Oh, right.”

Buffy sighed dramatically.

“Let’s go.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy helped her mom clean the dishes off of the table before they joined Spike and Giles in the living room.
“So, what’s with the sudden dinner?” Joyce asked. “Not that I don’t mind, I love having everyone over for dinner.”

“Is there something wrong?” Giles asked.

Buffy and Spike shared a quick glance.

“We have something to tell you guys.” Buffy said.

Joyce and Giles looked at them expectantly.

“You guys are going to be grandparents.” Spike said, smiling.