Well love it’s over now, the wedding that is. We just sent the happy couple off on their honeymoon. You would have liked the wedding luv, it was beautiful. Cordelia and Angel spared no expense which was obvious to everyone.

We held the ceremony here in the house, in the atrium and the backyard held the reception. They covered up the indoor pool to use as a floor and the whole place was lit with twinkle lights and candles with rose, lily and orchid flower arrangements and upon Angel’s request pots of Irish Heather. They decided that we would hold the wedding here rather than the Hyperion as everyone demon and human could be here without any question. The girls got ready in the guest wing and the men got ready in the family area.

The outside, decorated the same as inside, and it made the grounds romantic or like fairy land according to Dawn. I spent the day ordering people around, which gave me a headache worse than the Initiative’s chip. Afternoon was spent trying to keep an agitated and nervous Angel from making a beeline to the nearest airport and to Tibet. He was getting on my nerves, so much that I came close to knocking him out. If it wouldn’t have been for Cordelia kicking my ass because I messed up Angel’s face I would have done just that. Instead I cornered Lorne and made him fork over some of his Valium which I slipped into Angel’s blood when he wasn’t looking. Luckily that worked or I would have had to hurt him and took whatever I got from his beloved. But hell what is best man for anyway.

The ceremony was beautiful. Willow performed the ceremony along with Lorne who just also happens to be a licensed minister. We all seem to learn more about him as time goes by. Cordelia was smashing in a designer gown and her maid of honor was Fred and her bridesmaids were Dawn and a couple of other chippies I don’t know. Angel wore the traditional tux as did the rest of us groomsmen. In the line up it was Angel, me, Wesley, Gunn and Connor.

Until Cordelia walked down the aisle, Angel fidgeted in the way that he does when he is nervous. I put my hand on his shoulder to keep him from bolting and for comfort. If anyone would have told you a decade ago that I would be offering support to my sire on his wedding day, I would have told them they were off their gourd. Then I would have drunk them dry just for even suggesting such a notion. Just goes to show you how we all have changed.

As she walked down the aisle she was enchanting, a smile lighting up her face and fresh tears were shining in her eyes along with love for the man that stood in front of me. Even I in all of my badness couldn’t help the tears that formed in my own eyes. Tears for you, and for the life we may or may never have. She was beautiful pet, but not nearly as beautiful as you would be.

When Angel saw her, I saw and felt all the tension leaving him and as he took her hand I knew that he was ready. Squeezing his shoulder as he took his bride’s hand and led her in front of Willow and Lorne. Today they would join them legally and spiritually in front of the Powers, man and demon. My heart ached for us, but it was also joyful for them. I would do whatever I could to see that they made it. After all this time they deserved whatever happiness that life could afford them.

So many thoughts were running through my head that I almost missed giving Angel the ring and would have if Wesley wouldn’t have poked me in the back. No one objected the marriage which almost seemed to come as a surprise considering that very few things happen in all of our lives that don’t lead to chaos. Looking out over the crowd when Lorne gave the announcement, I looked at Xander, who had tears running freely down his face. He alone knew how I felt, his love was lost for him the same way mine sometimes felt for you. Xander should have been sitting there happy with Anya by his side, but for whatever reason it was not meant to be. Someday soon I was going to have to get him pissed drunk and let him get it all out. Heck I had done so much counseling lately I was getting to feel like the group therapist, damn William and his pooftiness. No longer was I the Big Bad for these people I had turned into a flaming mother hen.

Turning just in time I caught Angel bending down and kissing his wife with passion, tears on his face along with the smile that lit up the room. A moment of perfect happiness. Reality dawned on me and I felt the room’s energy change, growing darker by the moment. Cordelia saw it too and threw her bouquet to Fred, immediately getting into a fighting stance. Why had none of us thought about it? You see I told you pet, we just can’t have functions without a little bit of chaos. The moment Angelus arrived I felt it in my blood, the sire calling out to his childe. Knowing for a few moments he would be dazed I followed my instinct and grabbed Angel by his arms holding him back and away from Cordelia.


“Red, I hope you were prepared for this, if not we’re going to have trouble.” Angelus was now starting to struggle in my grasp and I honestly didn’t know how much longer I could hold him. If he regained full strength, heavens help us all.

“Spike, down!” I heard Cordelia’s shout and ducked just in time as her fist connected with Angel’s jaw with enough force that his head snapped back into unconsciousness. The only thing holding him up was the fact that I had his arms.

“Nice shot ducks.” I said looking at her with new respect. Yep, if there was any match for Angelus she was standing in front of me now, still smiling and happy. Which made me wonder if they had this planned from the start? Laying Angel down I could see that Willow and Cordelia had planned this probably figuring that if anyone knew Angel would get wind of it and ka bosh the whole thing.

Terra, Aeris, Ignis, Aqua
that from which he is made
Let him return
Never to leave again.
Together that which
Belongs below
And that which
Is above
Becoming a perfect mesh
Of light and dark
His soul ruling over all
Grant him that which he desires
To be a part of this world
Leaving only at a time
Of his choosing
Grant him traits he will need
To battle dark forces
Sending them to where they belong
He is to never come to harm
Invincible and immortal
Being as he was only more
Vampire and human.


I watched next to Angel as Willow laid her hand on his chest a beam of pure light coming from her fingers. Then watched as she pressed her other hand to my chest causing me to cry out as pure energy ran through my body. Power burned through every cell in my body and I could feel its strength as much as I could feel my soul. It was neither dark nor light, just pure power from the earth, creation and destruction melting my demon and my soul into one.

Then I heard it, faintly from my chest then in my ears, ringing loudly in cacophony. It was my heartbeat. I could feel my skin warming making sweat trickle down my back and my lungs taking deep ragged breaths as my body fully functioned for the first time in a hundred and twenty-five years. It was amazing and incredible. I had the overwhelming urge to shout that I was once again a real boy. As the light faded and my mind started functioning back on all levels I looked at Willow who was sitting back on her hunches staring at both Angel and me, her miracle children. Without a second thought I raised to my legs and grabbed her twirling her around while she laughed and scorned me until I was forced to put her down because she looked a little ill.

At this point Angel started coming to his senses and looked up at Cordy who was cradling his head in her lap. Grabbing her, he started laughing and crying before doing to her what I had down to Willow, twirling her around in front of our audience. Lorne came up beside us and shouting over our joy.


“I now pronounce Cordelia and Angel husband and wife. I also now pronounce Angel and Spike, human with benefits.”

Lorne started the clapping and the hundred or so odd guests that had watched the spectacle stood up with the applause. There were also some wolf whistles from the humans along with grumbles from the demons telling us that we were sell outs. But who cared I was happy, jubilant even. Putting my hands on either side of Willow’s head, taking her yet again by surprise and kissed her full on the lips before giving her a fierce hug and letting go.

Running to Dawn I picked her up in my arms and swung her around too. Her laughter making my heart beat faster and making me feel as if I was on air. This was the happiest moment of my life and everything was happening so fast that I didn’t even stop to think. I wanted to run the joy for as long as possible. Hoisting Dawn on my back piggy style I carried her out the doors and into the darkened garden for the reception making her promise that as soon as she had the time we were going to the beach. After all these years I couldn’t wait to be in the sun.

I have to finish this for now pet, even though the happy couple has left for a tropical isle somewhere, there are still guests mulling around. Dawn has been at the door three times now telling me that I am neglecting our guests. I came back here as soon as I could to get everything written down before I forgot one detail.

I just wish there was something that could be done for us pet and I know by hook or by crook I will find it. You just hang on for me okay. I love you Buffy.


**************************************************************

Spike set his journal aside and took Buffy’s hand in his, kissing the palm gently before laying it against his cheek. Staring at her, feeling his heart beat he cried. Great hoarse sobs came from his freshly breathing lungs. He didn’t know how much longer he could go on seeing her like this, loving her this much and yet again not able to be with her. It was tearing at his heart and soul until he honestly didn’t know if there would be anything left, even with Willow’s magic.

Every day he saw her and every day it got harder to hold firmly to the hope. The hope that someday she would come out of it like Cordelia and they too would have their fairy tale and happily ever after. Laying his head down in his hands, he cried until there were no more tears to be had. Until his chest burned and his heart ached so much that he wished it would stop beating.

Spike heard the door open and could tell by the soft gentle perfume that it was Fred. At this moment he didn’t bloody well care what anyone thought of him. Not even bothering raising his head, he motioned at her to come on it. The heels of his hands dug into his eyes brutally wiping the tears away. If only he could wipe away the pain in his soul the same way.

“How long has it been since you’ve been away from here Spike.” Fred put her hand on his shoulder, no one but her sometimes saw the hell that he was in. Not even Dawn.

“Not really sure sweetling. But you know I can’t leave here. Not until she’s awake.” Spike raised up his eyes blood shot and his nose running. His breath was coming in gasps.

“You need to get away from here for a while Spike. It’s not doing you any good to be like this.” Taking a handkerchief from her sleeve she handed it to him and turned away while he wiped his face.

“I can’t and you know that pet. I have to be here for her when she wakes up.” He bestowed a kiss on her forehead and shoved the handkerchief in his tux pocket, knowing he just might need it again later.

“And what if she never wakes up Spike. Will you also cease to exist? She has a nurse to stay with her Spike, one that won’t fail to call you on a moment notice. You don’t have to go far. Stay with us at the Hyperion, come with us when we patrol. But for heaven’s sake you have got to get on with your life. Accomplish something other than this everyday so that when she does wake up she’ll be proud of you. Proud that you had the courage to make a difference, to change and do something with the gift that you have been given. Even if it’s not helping us. You’ve earned the break just as all of us have from time to time. We’ll know where to find you if it’s something we can’t handle. Every one of us in the past six months have taken some time off. It’s your turn.”

Dawn walked into the room in pure Dawn style. Her head held high and her long hair flying behind her. Her rose and gold colored gown flowed on the floor in a whisper. She looked radiantly beautiful. School was agreeing with her and had let her finally build her own confidence and self esteem. There was a flash of fire in her eyes, her chin was pointed forward and her hands were on her hips. Spike took one look at her and knew she meant business even though he would be able to change her mind into his way of thinking shortly.

“I can’t Nibblet, I need to be here for her. She deserves it. My life is nothing without her.”
Spike didn’t stand, just kept sitting over hunched like he had been when she walked into the room.

“You’re wrong. If I have to Spike, I’ll put her away. You can’t do this to yourself, and make the rest of us feel guilty for moving on. I love Buffy too. But if you step away for a while then I’m moving her out of her and into a full time care facility.” Standing over him Dawn looked him square in the eye and dared him to make a move. She knew putting Buffy in a home would make him angry and she wasn’t disappointed.

Standing up in anger, Spike looked at the one person who thought would understand. He was here for Buffy, not to run off and leave her here alone. All of the men had done that too her in her short life. He wasn’t about to be the one to follow that pattern. His eyes were raging and flashing from blue to yellow, the blood boiling in his veins.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Watch me, you seem to forget Spike. I’m Buffy’s only relative and I decide what gets done about her care. If I wanted to go over there right now and unhook every one of those cords, it’s my legal right.” Dawn knew she was dangerously close to making Spike snap, but if that’s what it took, then at least she would be the one to do it.

“You so much as move an inch and I’ll drink you dry. Who are you to decide what happens to her. You have your own life to live. Why don’t you go back to it and let me get on with mine.”
Spike’s fury was rolling off of him in waves and it took all of his control not to grab Dawn and physically see her out of the room.

“Do what I ask Spike, leave tonight. If you don’t, I’ll have her moved from here tomorrow. You need to get on with things. I’m tired of seeing you brood around this house. I thought Angel was bad, but you, sure take the cake. You need a vacation of this. The rest of us love her too you know. Why don’t you give us a chance to show it to her” Dawn took Spike by the arm and pulled him to the door and into the hallway.

“You can come by once a week to see her. You never know, maybe she’ll start missing your presence being around and it might help. It’s going to help you more in the long run. Now I want you to pack up some things and go. If you don’t, I’m going to go get Willow, and you don’t want to mess with her. We’ve already talked about this and it’s for your own good.” Dawn crossed her arms over her chest and prayed that their idea would work.

Everyone was tired of seeing Spike mope. He really did have to get on with his life, Buffy would come out of this mess when she was good and ready. Spike needed to learn to live for himself for once and if Dawn had to make good on every one of her threats she would. He was too important to her to lose him in a pity of self pity and anguish.

Spike full of fury pushed past her and down the hall to his bedroom, slamming the door open as he went. Changing clothes in a hurry he pulled a duffel bag from the closet he haphazardly began filling it from the closet and drawers, not really paying much attention to what went in it. It’s not as if most of it wasn’t black anyway. Grabbing his journal as he went into his bathroom and got stuff there before slamming the door to his room and again pushing away from Dawn. Heading into the garage without saying a word to anyone, he saw just how well they had worked on their little plan. Inside was a new black and chrome motorcycle, for once he didn’t bother checking it out just stowed the bag and pressed the button for the garage door. Once it had opened all the way he gunned the powerful engine and pealed out into the night in a fist of fury, never looking back for the ones who were betraying him.

He never got to see the three women holding each other and crying, knowing they were doing what they had to for him. Spike needed to learn to live and they were going to make sure that somehow and someway he would. They knew that if something ever happened to Buffy now he wouldn’t be able to live with it and he would find a way of killing himself. Dawn, Fred and Willow stared into the night from the opened cage door and prayed that Spike would learn to fly on his own.


I'm working on the next chapter right now and it should be up in a day or two. Thanks for reading and remember to review even if you don't like it.

Aerialla