“Remind me not to help anyone else move in,” Buffy said, stretching her arms after bringing in Spike’s last box. “And I think you have a lot more stuff than I do, mister.”

“I told you that you didn’t have to help,” he replied, walking up behind her and beginning to massage her shoulders. She smiled softly and shut her eyes, enjoying the feeling of his hands on her sore muscles.

“Why do you two have to be so damn cute?” Willow asked, smirking. Buffy looked at her friend. “It makes me feel like I need a man around.”

“You can borrow me whenever you’d like,” Spike said, winking at her. Buffy elbowed his ribs as Willow blushed and walked to her room. “What? I’m just trying to be helpful.”

“And you love seeing her cheeks turn as red as her hair,” Buffy replied, turning around to face him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and smiled at her. “So, how does it feel to be living with us officially now?”

“I’ve been here every night over the last week- doesn’t feel much different,” he said, running his hand over her hair. She leaned up to kiss his cheek before opening one of his boxes. “What’s in that one?”

“CDs,” she answered, looking at them. “Let’s see what’s in Spike’s music collection…” He opened up a box and began to pull clothes out of it. “No surprises here so far- Billy Idol, the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Ramones…hold up.” She pulled a CD out and stared at it. “Spike, why the hell do you have a Barry Manilow CD?” He blushed and grabbed it from her quickly. She began laughing uncontrollably, sitting down on the bed.

“I didn’t buy it,” he said. “It’s a gift from my half-brother Liam.” She continued laughing, clutching her stomach. “It’s not that bleeding funny, pet. The guy isn’t all that bad.”

“So you admit to listening to him?” she managed to get out before laughing hysterically again. He sighed defeatedly and tossed the CD on the bed, next to her. She picked it up and looked at it, seeing what songs were on it. “You know, I think Mom used to have this. It seems familiar.”

“See, then he must not be so bad,” Spike replied, shoving some of his stuff into his closet.

“No, he’s still that bad,” she said, giggling a little still. “How can you listen to his? It’s horrible.”

“He has some good stuff,” he said defensively, walking over to sit beside her.

“If you ever play one of his songs to try to seduce me, it’s not going to work,” she said, smirking. He chuckled and took the CD away from her, tossing it aside before kissing her. “Besides, you’re only 28- you shouldn’t be listening to music like this yet. It’s for older people, not you.”

“It’s for anyone,” he said, laying back on the bed and stretching his arms out.

“Or maybe all of your British punk stuff is just a façade to cover up the fact that you’re a die hard fan of Mr. Manilow,” she said, bursting out into laughter again. He frowned and began mercilessly tickling her, causing her to shriek loudly.

Willow ran down the hall to see what was wrong and wasn’t surprised to see Spike tickling Buffy. She laughed and watched them for a moment, noticing how happy they both seemed.

‘It’s a nice change,’ she thought, leaning against the doorframe. ‘I wish I had what they have.’ Buffy saw Willow and managed to get away from Spike’s fingers, straightening out her clothes and taking a deep breath to calm her giggling.

“Hey, Will,” Buffy said, and Spike looked at the redhead, smirking. “What’s up?”

“Just wanted to see what all the commotion was,” she answered, smiling. “I thought maybe something was wrong.”

“No- Buffy was just insulting my music again,” Spike said, shrugging. Willow laughed and walked back to her room. He looked at his girlfriend, her cheeks slightly flushed. “So, kitten, want to help me unpack some more?”

“Am I going to find a Barry Manilow poster?” she asked, giggling again. He attacked her ribcage with his fingers, and she squealed louder than before.

As Willow sat down on her bed and heard her friend again, she shook her head, grinning.

‘And this is just day one,’ she thought.

* * *

That night, Buffy and Spike were lying on his bed, talking as the sun set outside, holding hands, their fingers laced together.

“Excited to work at the gallery again?” he asked, looking at her. She sighed, shrugging.

“Yeah, I guess I kind of missed it,” she answered. “I don’t think working there and going to school is going to be that hard.” He nodded and looked out the window. “Besides, working with you and Fred is fun.”

“That’s because you two like to gossip and talk about me behind my back,” he replied, smiling. She giggled and curled up against his side, resting her head on his shoulder. He began to slowly stroke her hair, enjoying the feeling of her silky locks sliding between his fingers.

“But you’re so fun to talk about,” she said, yawning. He kissed the top of her head softly.

“Want to go to sleep, kitten?” he asked, looking at her. She shook her head, sighing. “You seem tired.”

“I am, but I don’t want this moment to end yet,” she said, looking out the window. “And it’s still really early.”

“It’s been a long day, though,” he replied. “If you want to sleep, we can.”

“Are you going to let me sleep in here tonight?” she asked quietly, looking at him. He nodded and held her closer to him. “Do you ever think about that night, Spike?” He took a deep breath.

“All of the bloody time,” he answered. “I’ve blamed myself for it going wrong ever since.”

“I’m the one who told you to go- it’s my fault, not yours,” she said quietly, running her hand over his abs slowly.

“But I’m the one who came over in the first place,” he replied. “If I hadn’t come here that night-”

“We wouldn’t be where we are today,” she cut in, looking at him. “I doubt we’d be together.” He looked into her eyes. “And I know things in between then and now haven’t always been a hoot, but I think things are getting a lot better for us, don’t you?” He nodded, grazing her cheek. “I don’t regret that night. Maybe it shouldn’t have been after my mom’s funeral, but I’m happy it happened.” She sighed. “Maybe Mom’s death really did bring us together.”

“I think you’re right, pet,” he replied, kissing her softly. “I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too, William,” she said, slowly dozing off. “I’ll always love you."