More unbeta'd fic ahead...

Chapter 18

Buffy studied the bowed head intently. "Spike, your fangs are in my boob."

If he heard her, there was no response and Buffy was suddenly very much aware of the sensations caused by the almost languid pull of her blood into his welcoming mouth.

And god help her, it felt good.

It was that shocking revelation alone that managed to register on her scale of freakage and the unhurried afterglow she had experienced in the wake of her first mind-numbing orgasm fled with a sudden hitch of breath and a subtle stiffening of every muscle her body possessed.

"Spike?" she whispered fearfully.

Spike was in a state of perfect bliss; surrounded by the overwhelming perfume of the Slayer's release, the nirvana that ran through her veins was sliding effortlessly down his throat, and her warm body was pliant under his. This was a place he didn't ever want to leave.

Until the scent of her fear broke through his self-absorbed paradise.

That was when he realized her body was no longer pliant beneath his -and with a heavy sigh, he extracted his canines from her succulent flesh, catching the renegade drops of blood that followed their exit, his tongue swirling over the shallow marks he had made.

With just as much consideration, he slid his hand from between her legs - barely managing to refrain from bringing his digits to his mouth to lick the juices he knew coated them.

But what gave him pause was not knowing if her fear was in response to the man or the vampire, and not wanting to add further torment, he grabbed hold of his base instincts that wanted nothing more than to rip her panties off and fuck her into the couch.

Instead, he allowed his features to shift back to the face Spike knew the Slayer was familiar with. Once he had her attention, he captured her gaze and held it, his eyes probing intently.

"Wasn't trying to hurt you," he told her softly, feeling slightly pained at her apparent lack of trust.

Buffy nodded nervously as she found herself unable to look away. She had caught the glimpse of hurt that flashed across his expressive face making for a world of conflict for Buffy.

Reaching up to gently cup her jaw, Spike gave her a tender smile before taking a deep, calming breath.

"I'm a vampire, Buffy. You knew what I was when you came up here and let me touch you," he quietly reminded her, readjusting her clothing so everything was properly covered once more.

"I know," Buffy bit out, not able to help the telltale blush from rising to her cheeks.

"Then what?" Spike asked. When he saw the flood of color hit her cheeks, a slow, satisfied smirk graced his lips. "Ahh. I see. Liked it, did ya?"

Buffy made a weak attempt to glare into his smirking face, yet not protesting when he rolled them over and tucked her against him, smoothing her skirt down.

"You're a sensual creature, Slayer. I don't want you be embarrassed about anything we do, you got that?" He kept his eyes pinned on her until she nodded, then finally allowed himself to adjust the erection that was in no danger of going away any time soon.

"You... would have stopped, right?" Buffy asked in a halting voice, hating how weak she sounded. Didn't matter if he stopped or not, she was still the Slayer.

But it did matter.

Spike's jaw clenched as the implications of her question struck home, and he had to work hard to temper his initial anger. After counting to ten, he felt it safe to respond. "Yes pet, I would have stopped. I just needed to taste you, is all."

At the look of relief on Buffy's face, Spike was glad he had made the effort to calm himself before answering the unspoken question of 'would you have killed me?'

Guiding her head to rest against his chest, Spike remarked, "I suppose this is where I'm supposed to apologize for letting things get too far out of hand? I did tell you I didn't bring you up here to have my wicked way with you and all."

"Only if you mean it," Buffy replied, her voice back to normal as she continued to enjoy the feel of Spike's body pressed against her own.

"Nope, not sorry at all, actually." Spike's head jerked around to the entry way. "What in the bloody hell do you have in your purse? It's been growling ever since we got here."

"What?" Spike's abrupt change of topic was disconcerting to say the least.

"Something in your purse is making with the rumblies."

Her pager. Great.

Trying to extricate herself from his embrace, she threw him an exasperated look when his arms tightened their hold; effectively denying her passage

"It's my pager, Spike, let me up."

With an exaggerated sigh, Spike released her and watched as his golden girl padded across the room to where she had dropped her purse upon their initial entrance. His body already missed the soft warmth she had provided, his hard-on in no danger of going away soon, yet he felt no overwhelming urge to seek his own release.

He had almost blown it tonight by biting her and that was the only thing he regretted. Not the actual act of it, more that he had frightened her by doing so. But to seduce her into taking their relationship to a more physical level when he knew she wasn't ready for it...

That was something he was not willing to risk, supposedly evil creature or not. That was something he could wait for.

"Can I use your phone?"

Piercing blue eyes were quickly pinned on her as he took note of the wrinkles that were now creasing her forehead. Buffy gulped loudly, unable to stop herself from visually eating up the major piece of eye candy that she had left on the couch.

He looked so deliciously rumpled and sexy that Buffy was tempted to ignore her pager and throw herself back in his arms and further explore what being with a vampire meant.

But then her pager went off again.

"Stupid thing," she grumbled, checking the number even though she was certain it was the same one that had been left about twenty times already with a very telling 911 after the number.

"You need a phone?"

Buffy's eyes were torn back to witness Spike swinging to his feet in one graceful motion before her gaze traveled down to check out the status of his crotch, mentally slapping herself at her newfound addiction of becoming a crotch watcher.

By the obvious bulge still evident, Buffy realized with a flush of embarrassment that she was the only one who had gotten any release and mortification struck. Did guys really get that blue balls thing? Did vampires, for that matter? And he hadn't gotten off because she freaked over his sticking his fangs in her boob and....

"You know, if you keep staring at it, it's never going to go away," Spike announced, highly amused. Her face had been an open book, and he couldn't help but tease her.

When her face flushed again and she had trouble meeting his eyes-clearly mortified- Spike ate up the distance that separated them and wrapped her in his arms. "Told you not to be embarrassed about any of this, luv," he chided gently, tucking the top of her head under his chin. "Silly girl."

"Sorry," she mumbled into his chest. "Just felt, uh... bad that I was the only one that..., you know..."

"Had a mind-blowing orgasm?" he finished for her, feeling her answering nod. "S'ok. I'm a big boy."

He was interrupted by her snicker and a smirk curved over his lips as he kissed the top of her head. "Ooh, my little kitten has her mind in the gutter, does she?" To emphasize his "point", Spike rubbed his big boy against her. "Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I can handle a little unresolved sexual tension. 'Sides, if it gets too bad, I'll just step into the loo and have a quick wank."

Buffy took a step back and wrapped her arms around his neck, scowling. "Ok, that was so not a visual I needed."

He found his smile was instinctively tender as he peered into her expressive face. Oh, he was going to enjoy introducing her to the more carnal side of her nature, that was a given. His head lowered to place a brief chaste to her lips that spoke volumes before drawing back.

The infernal pager vibrated again. Cocking one eyebrow up, Spike regarded her with amusement. "Could have a bit of fun with that one, I'd wager."

Her response was automatic. "Eww, Spike!" Before she could ask for a phone again, Spike had a cell phone dangling in front of her face.

"Oh, thanks." Buffy took it and flipped it open, sneaking a quick peek at the vampire who held her. Impulsively, she reached around and pinched his butt before stepping out of his arms and flopping back to the couch, trying to remain nonchalant but Spike could hear her heart pounding away at a furious pace.

He was affecting her but good, and that was nice to know.

tbc...

I have got to say, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for all the reviews! See? Look! they inspired me to write another chapter. So, thank you!