Chapter 11

Well aware she was doing a Courtney Cox again but not much with the caring, Buffy braved being the subject of a whole lot of stare-age. Because she was with him again and for some reason, that made it all ok.

Oo yeah, a little baby
She want more
More, more, more, more, more
Oo yeah, a little angel
She want more
More, more, more, more, more
"OH MY GOD! Groupie much?" one of the teenage girls behind their table asked in a snotty tone watching the blatant flirting taking place.

"Wha? Huh?" Xander babbled, his mouth agape. "He was looking at ME! What is Buffy doing?"

"It would appear that er, she is dancing," Giles muttered, suddenly feeling very old.

"Dancing with Billy Idol... Wow. That's pretty deep." Willow announced as the intro music for the next song came on.
********
They circled each other on the stage, each moving in a instinctual rhythm of smooth movements; an orchestrated dance of raw, sexual innuendo. Their fights had given them this edge, this connection, and even with the sunglasses that Billy Idol continued to sport, everyone in the club could practically feel the heated looks that were exchanged.

Giles began to study the smooth, almost feral way Billy moved, and his sense of unease grew.

Then Spike picked up the mike and with a patented Billy smirk, his voice slid out seductively as he and Buffy continued their own private dance.

Well rock the cradle of love
Rock the cradle of love
Yes the cradle of love don’t rock easily it’s true

Well rock the cradle of love
I rocked the cradle of love
Yes the cradle of love don’t rock easily it’s true
Well now

It burned like a ball of fire
When the rebel took a little child bride
To tease yeah so go easy yeah

Cause love cuts a million ways
Shakes the devil when he misbehaves
I ain’t nobody’s fool
Come on shake it up
Whatever I do

Rock the cradle of love
Rock the cradle of love
Yes the cradle of love don’t rock easily it’s true
Sent from heaven above that’s right
To rob the cradle of love
Yes the pages of don’t talk decently it’s true

Yeah flesh for your romeo
Ah yeah baby
I hear you moan
It’s easy y’know how to please me yeah

'God, how much more musical foreplay could one girl take?' Buffy thought with more than a small hint of frustration, her heart struggling to keep up with the flood of hormones that was unleashed in her body. The thinly veiled innuendo of her being jailbait was more provocative than anything, which should have been way icky, but wasn't. The fact they were on the stage again in front of everybody only added to Buffy's heightened sense of wickedness that she had recently found herself craving. Buffy had never felt so alive, so free. His voice had awakened her, and now she knew the words he sang were meant as promises of things to come.

And it made her burn.

Suddenly desperate to see his eyes, Buffy closed the distance they had deliberately maintained between their bodies and in one quick stroke, tore the sunglasses that hid him from her searching eyes, basking in the raw, primal hunger she found waiting for her.

Feeling that burning need to be bad screaming to be released -consequences be damned- she gave him a sexy, seductive smile and slowly raised her arms above her head and allowed the music to fill her, guide her, as her entire body moved in a seductive sway in front of him.

Spike watched her with a burning need, the memories of the first time he had laid eyes on her slamming into him. The way she had moved her body instinctively on the dance floor of this very club, she had been a tempting siren behind the guise of an innocent angel. He had sensed her need for release just by watching the way she moved. All those wankers watching her, thinking they really knew her. They would never even come close to tapping into what she really was.

It had scared him, his instant understanding of her need, and there was not much that had scared him in the 100+ plus years he had been alive. Or dead, whichever way you wanted to look at it.

So he did what any frightened animal does when faced with uncertainty, he reacted with violence; striking out brutally with the sole intent on wiping out the threat.

But that just made it worse. Each altercation only cementing the knowledge that he knew with blinding certainty just what it was that this girl really needed.

Him.

And what scared him even more was he knew with just as much certainty that he needed her too.


Now here she was, right where she belonged.

With a determined growl, he hauled her against him, desperate to feel her skin against his again; her back now flush against his bare chest and this time there was no hesitation or need for playground mentality. Buffy was fluid against him, instinctively falling into his rhythm as he continued the musical serenade

*****

Watching the spectacle on the stage, Giles's alarm grew, tendrils of suspicion began curling their way through his system and taking root. What was he missing here?

"Well. I guess the Buffster is going to his Oh Billy Butt Monkey," Xander complained with more bitterness than should have been present. A pained look crossed his face. "Ok, now that was just a disturbing visual."

"Oh do shut up, Xander," Giles finally snapped, sick of listening to Xander's delusional ranting. He pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger as he tried to work through this problem.

"Giles, I have a wicked case of suspicious about this," Willow whispered to him, stunned by her friend's wanton behavior on the stage.

"As do I," Giles admitted, catching sight of a familiar figure out of the corner of his eye. "If you'll excuse me," he said to Willow, getting up and heading in the direction of the front door.

The pure, murderous rage on Angel's face had Giles hurrying his steps, not sure what type of a spectacle the vampire was truly capable of. He knew quite well Angel considered Buffy his property, and seeing her dancing in such a manner was surely to be quite a blow.

As he drew close, Giles could see just how hard Angel was fighting with his demon; his fists were clenched tightly at his side and his eyes flickered from amber to brown and back again.

What truly surprised Giles, however, was the seething anger that was directed his way.

"How could you let her dance with him?" Angel growled in greeting.

Slightly taken aback, Giles ripped his glasses off as he glared at the vampire in front of him. "I beg your pardon, I did not LET her do anything. I'm not her bloody father, you know. If she wants to prance around on stage with... whoever that is," Giles gestured wildly to the stage, "there is not a whole lot I can do, you berk."

Angel tipped his head as he regarded Buffy Watcher. Surely he knew? "You do know that is Spike, don't you?"

"Spike?" Giles echoed, the wide eyes and sputtering clueing Angel to the fact that Spike's identity had not been known, a fact that truly amazed Angel.

"Yes, SPIKE. So yes, I think there IS a lot you can do," Angel bit out angrily. His eyes traveled to the stage, and his thirst for vengeance peaked when he witnessed the intimate way Spike held HIS girl, their bodies moving together with all the supernatural grace they both possessed.

"Good lord, how could I have been so stupid," Giles muttered, staring at the stage. "He is rather convincing, I must admit."

Angel threw him a black look. "You didn't actually think he was Billy Idol, did you?"

"What? No, no. Of course not," Giles replied with little conviction. "Uh, Angel,... I'd prefer it if we handled this discreetly. Can I trust you to do so?"

"What? You mean I can't go up on stage and stake the bastard?" Angel mocked sardonically.

Giles threw him a dark look. Sighing heavily, Angel replied, "Yes, we can do it discreetly, ok? I just want to get Buffy away from him."

"Quite right," Giles agreed, turning to head back to the table.

As far as Xander was concerned, he was feeling a keen sense of satisfaction in seeing Giles leading Angel over to their table. "Hey Angel. Did you come to see Billy Idol?" he greeted casually. "And Buffy? They're doing quite the dirty dancing, aren't they?"

"Xander!" Willow hissed, kicking him under the table.

Angel lowered himself into the seat that Buffy had vacated. At Xander's words, he growled menacingly.

"What?" Xander asked with false innocence, quite satisfied to see Buffy sticking it to the broody bloodsucker in such a public manner. Dead Boy was not his favorite person.

"That's not Billy Idol," Angel announced darkly, his mighty brow furrowing over his eyes.

"Yeah, that's what I've been trying to figure out," Willow replied, continuing to watch her friend. "But the looks, the voice? He's all about the credible, that's for sure. But doesn't Billy Idol have a tattoo on his arm?"

"It appears that it is, er, Spike," Giles said with a weary sigh, feeling out of sorts that he had missed that identification.

"SPIKE?" Xander yelped, his eyes also drawn to the stage once more. True, most of his dealings with Spike had been while the vampire had been in game face, but surely he SHOULD have known it was him, shouldn't he?

"Are you sure? Because Spike? I just don't know. I just can't see him doing the whole stage thing and everything," Willow commented.

The look Angel sent her had Willow looking away muttering, "Sheesh, I was just asking."

******

Spike felt Angel before he saw him and his hold on Buffy tightened. "What?" she asked.

"Your boyfriend is here."
tbc

a/n-Can i just say THANK YOU for all your reviews? They really do make me update quicker!