Everyone was gathered in Buffy's living room.

Xander was looking down sheepishly, embarrassed at being caught earlier in the throes of passion with the Bot in Buffy's closet. Anya was ticked off that she missed yet another sexual encounter. Tara and Willow sat together on the couch. Giles stood in the doorway to the living room, massaging his temples. Spike stood next to Giles while Buffy stood in the middle of the room. Spikebot was in the kitchen preparing more snacks for the guests. Everyone was now up to speed on the situation.

"Okay. I know that something has to be done with the Bot --"

"Too bloody right! Incinerate it! Or take it apart, I don't care as long as it's gone! With my luck, it's like the bloody Terminator..." Spike said.

"No, Spike. The Bot is...I can't explain it, but he’s a person. It would be like killing an innocent and I won't do that." Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, giving him a 'no arguments' look.

"It’s a soddin' machine, Buffy! It doesn't feel anything."

"We don't know that," she said simply. "I've seen genuine emotions from the Bot. I won't let anyone hurt him."

Spike mumbled a few curse words under his breath.

"The problem is that he's in love with me. He tried to kill Spike to have me to himself. Willow, do you think you can alter Spikebot's programming so he won't...feel the same way about me?"

"Do you have to call it that?" Spike screwed up his face. "Can't you give it another name? Like John or Percy or --"

"Shush." Buffy held up a finger to silence him.

He pouted and lightly kicked at the wall.

"Willow?"

"Um, I think I could. I'd have to take a look inside him..." Willow scratched her chin in thought.

"You can do it. I know you can." Tara smiled and put her hand over her girlfriend's. Willow smiled and gave Tara a peck on the lips.

Spikebot came in the room with another tray of food.

"Ooooh! Chips and salsa!" Anya dug into the food, Xander joined her. "Mmm, you're very handy in the kitchen," she said to the Bot with a mouthful of food.

"Thank you, luv. Warren programmed me to cater to Buffy's every whim, including any culinary needs," Spikebot said happily.

The real Spike harrumphed.

“Spikebot, Willow’s going to try and change your programming...just so you won’t be in love with me anymore. You’ll still be you, otherwise,” Buffy said. “We’ll have to turn you off for a little while --“

Spikebot’s face was panic-stricken. “No, please! Don’t turn me off!”

Buffy hugged him.

“Shhh, it’ll be okay, I promise. We’ll turn you right back on as soon as Willow’s done.” She touched his face gently.

“Hey! Do you need to get all touchy-feely with it?!” Spike said jealously.

“Spike...cut it out,” Buffy said with a sigh.

She could understand his jealousy but she needed to reassure the frightened Bot. She smiled comfortingly at the Bot. “Do you trust me?”

He looked at her for a moment. “Yes,” he said quickly. “I do.”

“Then trust me when I say that everything will be alright. Willow can fix your programming, then you’ll be good as new.”

“But...I don’t want to stop loving you,” Spikebot said sadly. “You’re everything to me, you’re my world...”

Everyone except the real Spike thought ‘Awww!’ Real Spike snorted. Buffy cast a warning glance in his direction.

“It will be even better for you. You’re going to have freewill. You’ll be able to decide who you’d like to be with. Doesn’t that sound good?”

He nodded slowly.

“So, you’ll let Willow help you?”

“Willow is very smart and good with computers...I trust her too,” Spikebot said with less enthusiasm than usual.

“That’s right, she is.” Buffy patted the Bot’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, okay?”

“I will try, pet.” He looked down.

“Okay, I’m going to need some micro-circuitry tools, my laptop, a cable to hook up to Spikebot...” Willow thought out loud.

“Get what you’ll need, Will.” Buffy smiled at her friend.

If all went well, she and the real Spike could start their relationship unfettered and the Bot would move on to someone else. She caught Xander winking at Spikebot.

‘I guess Xander has dibs...’






A few hours later, the Scoobies were once again gathered in Buffy’s living room.

Spikebot stood in front of Willow. Panels were opened on his back and the side of his head, revealing his complicated and intricate circuitry. Willow had a kit of tiny tools made for delicate machinery spread out on the table in front of her.

"Amazing... You're really a marvel of modern science, Spikebot," Willow said shaking her head in awe.

She'd never seen anything nearly as sophisticated as the Bot. Warren may be a bottom-feeder but he was undeniably a genius.

"Thank you, Willow." Spikebot smiled, pleased at the compliment despite his concern about the situation.

"Can you fix his programming, Wills?" Buffy sat on the arm of a chair next to the real Spike.

"I think so. Repairing the circuits in the future will be tricky, but only changing the programming shouldn't be too hard." Willow smiled sweetly at Spikebot as she hooked a fiber-optic cable into a port in the side of his head, the other end was connected to her computer.

"I'm...scared," Spikebot said in a small wavering voice. "What if I don't wake up again?"

‘Poof!’ Real Spike thought with disgust.

But he knew better than to chime in again with his feelings on the matter. Buffy had read him the riot act about his comments in front of the Bot. It made him squirm with resentment and jealousy that she was so protective of that walking tin can. A walking tin can that had rocked her world repeatedly...

"It'll be okay. I promise." Willow patted Spikebot’s anxious face.






Buffy, Spike, Anya, Xander, Giles, Willow and Tara reconvened in Buffy's living room to see if Willow was successful. Spikebot stood next to Willow’s work area, motionless with his eyes closed.

"Did it work?" Buffy said chewing on a thumbnail.

"Let's see," Willow said. "Spike!" she called the Bot's name to reactivate him.

His brilliant blue eyes snapped open, the familiar wide, bright smile appearing on his face almost immediately.

"Spikebot?" Buffy walked over to him. "How do you feel?"

"I'm fine, pet. Thank you for asking!"

"Uh, do you still...love me?" she asked nervously.

"I like you very much, Buffy, but I don't love you like I once did," Spikebot said.

Buffy blew out the breath she had been holding. "Thank god! Great job, Wills." She patted her friend on the back.

"Piece o' cake!" Willow smiled, wiping sweat from her brow.

"So, Robbie the Robot won't be moonin' over you anymore? He won't try to do me in again?" Spike asked from the chair.

"Spikebot, do you still want to kill the other Spike?" Buffy asked.

"No. I like him now. He could be my boyfriend too if he wants to be!" Spikebot said smiling at Spike.

Spike rolled his eyes. "Not bloody likely, mate. And you'd better not try anything. I'm keepin' my eye on you," Spike warned the Bot.

Spike had no interest in having sex with a robotic replica of himself...well, not much interest. The Bot was a handsome devil and had a certain...naive charm... But he wouldn't go near the thing with a ten-foot pole after Harris...defiled it. And, he reminded himself, he had Buffy now. She's all he'd ever need or want for the rest of his unlife.

Spikebot smiled.

Buffy grinned and walked over to Spike, bending down to kiss him softly. To say she was relieved would be an understatement. Now she could be with Spike without a rogue Spikebot trying to kill him in a jealous rage. She was just a bit disappointed that she didn't get to indulge in her two Spikes at the same time fantasy... Oh, that was a gooood one!

Spikebot went to Xander. "I still like you a lot, Xander-pet. Do you still like me? I'd like to have more sex with you."

"Ugh!" The real Spike stuck out his tongue, his handsome face contorted in revulsion.

"Um, yeah...I still like you a lot too." Xander gulped. The thought of more sex with the Bot was very...stimulating to him. Spikebot leaned into Xander, pressing their lips together.

"Bloody hell!" Giles put his hand over his eyes.

"Took the bloody words right out of my mouth, Rupert!" Real Spike yelled. "Stop that! Stop it now before I start to heave! Why do I have to watch this?! Like a bloody train wreck..."

Spikebot pulled away from a glassy-eyed Xander.

"Hey! What about me?" Anya stood next to the Bot. "You two aren't leaving me out again. Do you...like me too, Spikebot?" she asked, twirling a strand of her hair around an index finger girlishly.

He smiled. "Yes, Anya, luv. You are beautiful and have an aesthetically pleasing shape."

"Well, thank you! You're so sweet!" She beamed. “That’s the nicest thing --“ She squeaked when Spikebot suddenly grabbed her around the waist and pulled her hard against him, plastering his mouth over hers.

She "Mmmphed" and waved her arms around, within a few seconds her eyes were rolling up and her hands fluttered over his shoulders. He broke the kiss and pulled back. Anya's legs felt like wet noodles from the brain-melting kiss, she panted for breath.

"Oh good Lord..." Giles said, wishing he was home with a glass of scotch in his hand. ‘I’ve got to get a life!’ he thought.

"Did you enjoy that?" the Bot purred.

"Uh-huh." She held onto Spikebot’s shoulders to keep from collapsing, staring glassy-eyed at his beautiful mouth. ‘If that’s what just his kisses make me feel like...’ Anya swooned.

Xander adjusted his position to relieve the sudden tightness in his pants. Seeing Anya and the Spikebot together made him instantly hard. They looked so hot together, and they had a strangely similar lack of tact when it came to vocalizing their thoughts.

'I like to watch too...whaddya know about that?' Xander couldn't wait to get them home for more fun & games.

"Okay!" Xander clapped his hands together. "Time to get you home! Don't worry, Buff. Ahn and I will take good care of him."

"Bollocks! You mean to tell me that I have to live with the knowledge that Harris and his demon bird are getting it on with my doppelganger -- doin' unspeakable things to it -- all the time?!" Spike's complexion was looking a little greenish. "It's not bloody right!"

"Spike..." Buffy stroked his face and spoke in soft tones. "Everyone is happy this way. Xander and Anya get a...new friend and we get each other..."

Spike stared at her, losing his train of thought as he looked into her big green eyes. "Yeah...but...I still think that thing belongs on a scrap heap somewhere..."

"Spike, I told you. He'll be able to help with slaying. He's strong and he follows orders... Well, he sometimes does..." Buffy said.

"Can we go?" Anya said anxiously, having recovered the powers of speech and mobility.

"Yeah, we got...stuff to do. Getting the Bot settled into the apartment and all..."

"Here's Spikebot's things," Willow said with a smile, handing Xander a duffelbag that Buffy had packed with a change of clothes, the Bot's recharging unit, his special ointment to keep his synthetic skin soft and supple, a few bottles of fluid he had to drink to keep his inner-workings well oiled and a few of his favorite CDs (including Bette Midler's Greatest Hits). "Let me know if he needs any tweaking, I'll come over and fix him up."

"Thanks, Will. You guys ready?" Xander's voice was shaky with barely contained excitement.

"Oh yeah!" Anya linked one arm through Spikebot's arm and the other around Xander's, they walked quickly out of the house.

“Goodbye, Buffy!” the Bot called.

"Geez. In a hurry much? See ya!" Buffy rolled her eyes, although she couldn't blame them for wanting to get down to business with the Bot. He was quite...gifted.

"Gah...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Thinkin' about what they're doing..." Spike shook his head.

"Hmm, I'll just have to take your mind off it then. How could I best accomplish that do you think?" She smiled devilishly.

He couldn't help but smile back. "'ve got a few ideas..." he trailed off, bending his head down to kiss her.

"Well, umm, why don't we head back to the dorm, sweetie?" Tara stood up.

"Yeah, good idea. Let the lovebirds do their thing." Willow giggled. She and Tara joined hands. "See you, guys. Bye Giles!" The witches left.

Giles stood up. "I think I'll be going as well... We should meet at the shop tomorrow, Buffy. To..."

Spike and Buffy continued kissing and touching each other without acknowledging him, they were clearly in their own little world.

"Right! I'll call you tomorrow." He grabbed his coat and beat a hasty retreat before he saw anything that would make him have to gouge his eyes out.





Later that night...


Spike and Buffy stood in front of her bed, their arms around each other, kissing feverishly as they groped.

“Spike! I want you!” Buffy exclaimed.

She pushed away from him and took off her clothes quickly. He was staring at her as if in a trance, his eyes lit with passion and longing. Her pulse raced. She felt giddy and dizzy with lust as she crawled onto the bed.

She smirked. “Aren’t you a little...overdressed?”

Spike hadn’t moved a muscle (well, maybe one muscle) since she’d disrobed. He blinked, coming out of his daze. “Yeah...sorry, luv.” He smiled, trying to recover.

It was difficult to think with Buffy naked in front of him. It was still hard to believe that this was actually happening. He took off his duster and shirt, tossing them on the floor. Buffy sat up straighter, getting even hotter and wetter as she ran her eyes over his beautifully muscled torso, she was anxious to see the rest. He undid his jeans and pushed them down enough for his hard cock to bounce free.

Buffy’s face lit up, another flood of wetness rushed between her legs.

‘I was right! It’s just exactly how I thought it would look only by feeling it through his pants last year! Am I good, or what?!’

She couldn’t stifle the giggle that forced its way out of her.

Spike’s face fell, humiliation and shock overwhelming him. She had laughed at him. Laughed at him naked. He swiftly tucked himself back in his jeans and zipped up.

“Wha--What are you doing?” she asked in confusion.

“Leaving,” Spike said coldly, clenching his jaw.

He went and grabbed his shirt and coat. There was nothing quite as emasculating as having a woman laugh at you while you were naked. He stormed out of her bedroom.

Buffy was stunned into immobility for a second.

“What?! Why?!”

She jumped out of bed and ran downstairs after him, grabbing her bathrobe and pulling it on as she ran. He was just opening the front door when she caught up with him. She threw herself against the door, causing it to slam shut and stood there blocking his way.

“What’s wrong with you?” She looked pleadingly into his eyes. “Did I say something wrong?! What did I do?”

Spike’s jaw muscles clenched and unclenched, as he struggled not to break down in front of her. His eyes were shiny with tears. He laughed humorlessly.

“Just get out of my bloody way!” he said roughly.

“Spike, what did I do? What happened?” The pain and sadness she could see on his face was killing her. “Please tell me!”

“You laughed,” Spike said in a small voice, turning away from her. “You fucking laughed at me. I suppose you equipped that soddin’ Bot with mammoth genitalia and I’m a big letdown, eh?” he said angrily. “Well, FUCK that!”

He turned to leave out the door in the kitchen.

Buffy spun him around. She felt like a complete idiot. Of course he had misinterpreted her giggling.

“Spike, I swear I wasn’t laughing at your --- at you!”

“Then what the fuck was so funny?” his voice cracked. “What was so amusing when I was standin’ there with my dick swingin‘ in the breeze?”

“I’m so stupid... I was just -- I was feeling all loopy with the lust and it struck me as funny that I got -- your size and shape right...”

“What?” he asked, furrowing his brow.

“Um, when I had the Bot made, I had to guess-timate what...that part of you looked like. Remember that day we were engaged? Well I got a pretty good idea about how big you were when I felt... I was proud that I guessed right. I’m so, so sorry that I hurt your feelings. My brain packed its bags and went on vacation. Please believe me. And may I add that 9 inches is nothing to sneeze or laugh at."

"Okay..." he sniffed. "I got it." He was relieved, but didn't like the idea of her comparing him to the Spikebot.

"What?" she asked softly, she could see that there was still something bothering him.

"The Bot...it... What kind of stuff did it do...to you?" Spike fidgeted nervously.

"I don't want to talk about the Bot." She put her arms around his neck. "I don't want to talk at all." She kissed his throat.

"I, uh, only ask ‘cause...well, it sounded like it was killing you when I, uh, happened to be passing by your house that night..."

"Spike, forget about the Bot. It's you I want. Only you." She smiled.

Spike swallowed. "'m not a machine, Buffy. I'm good -- I'm damn good. But what if you find me...lacking?" He looked down at his feet.

Buffy went back to placing kisses to his neck and jaw. She never would have imagined that Spike could be so insecure, it was so cute. Now it was her job, her responsibility, to fluff up his ego. He was her man. She pulled back and looked deeply into his eyes.

"I want you, Spike. There's no way you could disappoint me. The Bot was a substitute for you. I thought I could never have the real you so I took what I could get. But I wasn't happy because it wasn't you. I...love you." It felt right and wonderful to say it to him.

Spike tilted his head and looked at her for a moment, trying to gauge her sincerity. The truth shone in her eyes. The most beautiful smile Buffy had ever seen spread across his face.

"I love you too, Buffy. But --"

"Uh-uh! No 'buts'!" She grinned wickedly, moving her arms around his waist and squeezing his ass.

He jumped and looked at her in surprise.

"'Cept this one!" she laughed.

He dropped his shirt and coat on the floor and put his arms around her.

"God, you're so bloody beautiful when you laugh!" he breathed. "Just not when my tackle's hangin' out." He winked at her.

Spike leaned down and kissed her lips. She turned his back to the stairs as the kiss increased in intensity. She walked him backwards, not wanting to separate for even a second. They'd only made it up a few steps when Buffy pushed him down on the stairs. Her passion for him was so great that she had to have him right this moment.

"Spike! I need you now! Please!"

She unfastened his jeans and pushed them down to his knees.

"Luv, it's not that -- Ahhh -- much farther -- Oh god! -- to your room," he moaned.

"Can't wait! Want you now!!" she rasped, becoming 'Cave Buffy'. She kissed him frantically, mauling him with her lips.

"Right, then!"

Spike opened her robe and ran his hands over her bare flesh as she straddled him. She grasped his cock and moved herself over it. They groaned as she sank down on his staff. Buffy whimpered and moaned, beginning to move up and down on him.

"Buffy! Ohh--Fuck! So fucking hot!" he cried, putting his hands on her hips, holding them in a vice-like grip.

"YES! Spike! OH GOD YES!" She bounced on his cock faster.

Being inside his Slayer was the most wonderful feeling Spike had ever experienced. But the stairs were putting a damper on their activities.

"Buffy, the stairs --Uhhh! -- they're diggin' in my back!"

She paused when what he was saying sunk into her fevered brain.

"Oh. OH! Sorry!"

She squealed when he grasped her ass and stood up, pulling her flush against him. One of his hands went to the banister, the other held onto her backside. He stepped carefully backwards up the stairs. It wasn't easy with his pants around his knees and Buffy groaning while still raising and lowering herself on his cock, but he did the best he could.

"Fuck--Ohh--Buffy!" He stumbled at the top of the stairs and fell onto his back on the landing with Buffy still on top.

"Almost there!" Spike gasped, referring to her bedroom.

"UHH--OHH--Me tooo!" she cried, referring to her orgasm.

She rode him at a pace normal men wouldn't be able to take without bruises and broken bones. He gave up trying to get to the bedroom and gave into his desire, gripping her hips and thrusting up into her with abandon.

"Spiiiiike!" she shrieked as her orgasm tore through her body like wildfire.

Without missing a beat, Spike flipped them over and drove in and out of her quivering pussy like a man possessed.

"UUNNGGH! SPIKE!" she wailed as the best orgasm of her young life had her spiraling up higher and higher.

Spike plastered his mouth over hers, swallowing her cries and moans of ecstasy. She dug her nails into his shoulders and scratched down his back, leaving trails of red in their wake. Spike stiffened and groaned loudly, shooting load after load of cum into her depths.

"Buffy--Christ!--Ahhh!" Spike slipped into game face and gasped in pleasure.

She put her hands on his face and pulled him down for a kiss, fangs and all. His golden eyes locked with her green eyes, both sets of eyes glazed with passion and love for the other. Buffy gently caressed the bumps and ridges of his vampire visage, trying to demonstrate to him that she accepted and loved this part of him too. She just wasn't very good with words.

My beautiful beast. She smiled.

Spike closed his amber eyes, deeply moved by the gesture. He understood what she was trying to say. He nuzzled into her touch, purring contentedly from deep in his chest. He reminded her of a big cat. A big, gorgeous, sexy and sleek jungle cat.

He brushed his lips over hers.

"Love the purring..." she said, grinning. “Very hot!”

She ran fingers through his tousled curls. She was dying to find out what his hair looked like ‘au natural’. She knew it would look sexy as hell. ‘Why didn’t I jump him a long time ago again? Oh, that’s right! I’m stupid!’

“Mmm, the purring thing, it’s involuntary. I only do it when I’m very, very happy.” He kissed her sweetly. “Think I’ll be doin’ that a lot from now on.”

“How about we make one more try for the bedroom?” She giggled.

He pulled out of her slowly and stood, pulling his pants up enough to walk without tripping. Buffy grinned and skipped like a little girl into her bedroom, feeling freer and happier than ever before. Sex with the real Spike was even better than she had fantasized. Fucking the Spikebot was awesome, but sex -- making love -- with the real Spike was even better. They had a bond, a spiritual and emotional connection that went deep. She dived onto her bed.

Spike smirked and followed her, holding up his jeans with one hand. His unneeded breath hitched in his chest when he saw her laying on the bed wearing nothing but a wide smile, waiting for him. She was a vision of loveliness. A golden Goddess sent down from the Heavens just for him. He gazed at her, awestruck. He would gladly worship at her altar for the rest of his existence. Was this one of his many dreams about her? He knew that he would meet the sun the next morning if it turned out that this wasn’t real.

“Spike?” Buffy sat up, she was getting concerned by his silence and immobility. “Is something wrong?”

“No, pet.” He ambled over to the bed and sat next to her, placing a loving kiss on her lips. “Just waxin’ poetic in my head.” He smiled and set about removing his boots and jeans.

“Poetic, eh? Tell me!” She bounced on the bed, intrigued. Her hands roamed over the smooth skin of his back.

“Nah, it’s nothing,” he said self-consciously.

“I love poetry! Come on...” She pouted.

Once he was nude, he joined her on the bed, kissing her neck and stroking her side. He hoped to make her forget about the poetry. He felt like a git for letting that slip.

“Spiiiike!” she whined. “Recite me some poetry!”

Spike growled.

“Hmm, I bet you don’t even know any good poetry...” she tried using reverse psychology. “You aren’t exactly the poetry lovin’ type...” she teased.

“Is that so? Are you tryin’ to use some of that fancy book learnin’ on me?” He tickled her.

“Spike! Stop it!” She laughed and squirmed.

He stopped tickling her and kissed her instead.

“Buffy want poetry!” She stuck out her bottom lip and crossed her arms over her chest.

Spike planted another kiss on her swollen lips, pouring all the love and affection he felt for her into it. When he pulled back, she was panting, reeling from the intensity of it. He ran a hand slowly over her body and began to recite a poem, in a low, resonant voice that sent shivers up and down Buffy’s spine:

"My lady's presence makes the roses red,
Because to see her lips they blush for shame.
The lily's leaves, for envy, pale became,
And her white hands in them this envy bred.
The marigold the leaves abroad doth spread,
Because the sun's and her power is the same.
The violet of purple colour came."


Buffy sighed and stared into his eyes, dissolving into a puddle of goo. His voice caressing and gliding over her body as surely as his hands were.

He continued:

"Dyed in the blood she made my heart to shed.
In brief: all flowers from her their virtue take;
From her sweet breath their sweet smells do proceed;
The living heat which her eyebeams doth make
Warmeth the ground and quickeneth the seed.
The rain, wherewith she watereth the flowers,
Falls from mine eyes, which she dissolves in showers."


“Oh, Spike...that was so beautiful...” she drew in a shaky breath, she was hot and wet and aching for him again. “Why didn’t you ever tell me --“

“We were enemies before, pet. You would’ve laughed at me and maybe punched me in the nose. You always went for the nose,” he chuckled.

She leaned up and kissed the tip of his nose.

“Sorry, nose. Does Mr. Nose forgive me?” she said in a funny voice, giggling.

“If you keep talkin’ like that I really am leavin’,” he said with mock-seriousness.

They laughed lightheartedly and cuddled against each other.


It wasn’t long before their passion re-ignited. They made love through the night, raising each other to new heights of pleasure.