Ch. 3: Mighty Aphrodite's Hot Tub

“Wowie. This place is—uh—wow. And not all in a bad way,” Buffy said as she looked around the room. “Oooh, hot tub! Definitely doing that first. And a round bed! That is just unbelievable! I thought that was only in movies.” She ran to the bathroom and squealed. “Look at the size of this shower! Two showerheads, and bathrobes! We are going to live it up!” Buffy emerged from the bathroom holding two plush terry cloth robes. “Thank God they have these, because I really need to change out of these wet things. I’m going to change in the bathroom, so you can change out here. And then we’ll call my mom.” Handing Spike the robe with Groom embroidered on the chest, she went back into the large bathroom.

“Un-fucking-believable,” Spike muttered, looking at the robe, then at the hot tub in the shape of a heart, the round bed with red satin sheets, and the mirror above the bed. “Un-fucking-believable.” Tossing the robe on the bed, he threw off his shirt and hung it up in the closet. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to shake off the excess water. He began to pull down his jeans when Buffy walked out of the bathroom.

“Oh my god I feel so much better. Don’t you love this—eek!” Buffy quickly shut her eyes and turned around. “Why are you taking so long! Hurry up and cover yourself, please!” Buffy kept her eyes closed while she heard the rustling of clothes. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment. Nothing else, she told herself. Not because of how hot his chest is or how I almost saw him naked or anything like that.

Spike quickly threw off his jeans and wiped his body with the robe before putting it on. He tied the belt around his waist and looked over at Buffy. The short robe skimmed her thighs, and her wet hair hung down her shoulders. Shit, he thought to himself. I hope my cock is not going to show himself tonight. His cock always seemed to jump when Buffy was around, despite his reminders to self that she was always going to be his best friend.

“You can turn around now and get that look of disgust off your face. I’m all covered up.”

“Didn’t mean to walk in on you,” said Buffy. “I just figured that since I was done, you would be as well. And I didn’t see anything, in case you were wondering. And I’m not really babbling--I’m just a little cold from our long walk and thought that maybe we should, you know, take a bath or something, except we don’t have any clothes, but I guess you figured that out already.” Buffy bit her lip and looked around the room, trying to rein in her nervous yammering.

“Pet, a bath sounds lovely. Tell you what. You call your mum and tell her what we’re doing so she won’t worry. I’ll start the bath. When it’s ready, you can close your eyes again while I get in. And then I’ll do the same for you. And we’ll just pretend like we have bathing suits and enjoy the water—it’d be a total shame not to use the heart tub.” Spike waited for Buffy’s response, scared that she’d say no and scared that she’d say yes. They’d been friends for a long time without any kind of sexual tension, but they also had never been half naked with a jacuzzi and a satin-clad bed beckoning to them.

“You’re right. It would be a shame. And it’ll just go in the book of our exciting Spuffy adventures, right? I’ll call Mom, and you start the bath. And look! Bubbles!” Buffy squealed as she looked at the vanilla scented bubbles that were on the bath stand next to the tub. “And champagne! You know, we should go all out. Do the whole deluxe thing. I mean, when are we ever going to be in a place like this again?” Buffy smiled again, looking completely innocent.

Spike smiled and nodded in agreement. “Whatever you say, pet.” He tried to get rid of all the connotations that arose with “going all out,” as Buffy put it. This hotel must be rigged with aphrodisiacs or something, Spike thought to himself. It’s just Buffy, good ol’ Buffy, first person I met after moving to the States Buffy, sexy thighs in a robe Buffy, wet and near naked Buffy…

“My mom said not to worry about coming in tomorrow and that she hopes we’re okay.” Buffy’s voice broke into the montage that was flying through Spike’s mind. Yup, that made the images go away, he thought to himself.

“Bath’s ready. Close your eyes.”

Buffy heard water splashing and tried not to imagine what he looked like naked, felt like naked, tasted like naked…This is Spike. Friend Spike. Best friend Spike. Who just happens to have a kick-ass body and gorgeous eyes and a really nice ass. Yeah. Best friend Spike.

“Whoa, hot.” Spike’s voice broke into Buffy’s meandering thoughts.

“Huh?” Was I saying those things out loud? Oh, the water. Hot water. Hot water with Spike. Hot water with hot Spike.

“Ready, pet? Come. I’m in.”

Oh boy… “Okay, don’t peek.” Buffy hastily threw her robe off and climbed into the water. “Ooh, that feels so good. I’m in, so you can open your eyes now.”

They both looked at each other and blushed.

“Look, I—“

“Let’s just—“

“Go ahead.”

“No, you—“

“Okay. Look, we’re both naked, but it just has to be that way with the whole drenched clothes and lack of suits. So we’re best friends who happen to be naked in a tub together. Perfectly normal right?” Spike said, trying to make light of their mutual discomfort.

“Exactly. It’s not like we’re dating or about to have sex or anything, so it’s all good.” Why did I say sex? Now I’m thinking about it!

Did she say sex? “Let’s have a toast to this crazy night, shall we? Since the champagne is complimentary, right?” Spike said, reaching over to grab the bottle and glasses.

“Yes, a toast to this crazy night.” Buffy held a glass while Spike poured. “Of course, I’m trusting you not to take advantage of the truth serum effects that alcohol tends to have on my system, Spike.”

“Like you could lie to me anyway,” Spike said, filling his own glass with bubbly. With raised glass, he said, “To Aphrodite’s Oasis. May our thirst be satisfied.”

“To Aphrodite’s Oasis.” They clinked and then sipped. “Yummy. Much better than beer.”

“And much easier to get drunk on, so don’t down it all at once.”

“I don’t want to get drunk. Then I won’t remember all of this. I’ll just drink enough to get comfortable with the idea that I’m going to be partly naked for most of tonight. I think we could both use some of that.” Buffy sipped again and tried to ignore the fact that her legs were intertwined with his.

“Yes, indeed.” Spike drank a little more and then put his glass down. He looked directly into her eyes to avoid the way her creamy breasts were being caressed by the whirring jets of the tub. “So is this place the way you envisioned it to be?”

“I don’t know,” said Buffy slowly. “Maybe I thought it would have more Greek-inspired decorations and less, well, sex-inspired decorations. I mean, I never thought I’d sleep in a round bed.” She shifted against the tub and moved her legs slowly, allowing them to settle on top of Spike’s thighs, which she oddly felt was less intrusive then having them tangled with his.

“Yeah, well, this is the Honeymoon Suite. The Deluxe Honeymoon Suite. I don’t think many people come here just to cuddle.” He tried not moan at the feel of her legs pressing against her thighs, and he hoped that she wouldn’t move anywhere near the erection that was now jutting out and directly being pushed and stroked by a jet stream.

“So, you’ve been working out,” Buffy said, poking him in the chest and trying to own up to the fact that she’d been staring at his chest for the past minute. “Does that mean you have that six pack again? I know you lost it with that whole freshman 15,” she teased. She poked him again, relishing the hardness under her fingers.

“Oi! No need to be mean. And yes, I have quite the abs now. Feel for yourself if you don’t believe me,” Spike retorted, pretending to sulk.

“Oh yeah? I think I’ll do just that.” Buffy began moving her hands down his chest. She knew she was acting rather flirtatiously, but she didn’t really care. She wanted to feel his abs, had always had a great opinion of his body, and hell, if he was offering, she was there feeling it. She was not disappointed. “Not bad, not bad at all.”

Spike closed his eyes and savored the feel of her hands on his chest. In the back of his mind, warning bells were going off, but he still felt they were just doing friendly things. He snoozed the alarms.

“This is pretty nice. Not exactly what I envision for my honeymoon, but it’s still got its perks.” He shifted his leg and accidentally kicked Buffy’s hip. “Oh, sorry about that. Hm. How should we do this?”

“Why don’t we lean on the same wall? I’ll come over there, and then we can both put our legs this way.” Buffy put down her glass and began moving towards his seat.

Spike shifted over and glanced at Buffy, her movement revealing more of her breasts. Oh, and there was a nipple, all rosy and flushed from the heat of the water. Spike quickly pressed his legs together and felt her body slide next to his. His cock was throbbing, from the visual stimulation and the pulsating jets. He breathed in slowly, trying to control his body.

“Are you okay? Not too squished?” Buffy asked, feeling his arm behind her head. She tried not to revel in his closeness and reminded herself that they were just friends. She reached over and filled her glass again.

“Yeah, I’m fine. We probably shouldn’t stay in here too long, though, so we don’t become prunes and all.” Spike held his glass out to Buffy and watched her fill it again.

“Not your honeymoon idea, you said? So what is your ideal honeymoon?” Buffy asked, hoping that conversation would distract her from naughty thoughts.

“Well, I’ve always wanted to go to Italy.”

“Oh, me, too! And see Venice and ride in the gondola—“

“And see Florence and all the museums—“

“And maybe get a villa—“

“Off the coast of Naples—“

They both grinned at their mutual excitement over Italy. Spike impulsively kissed Buffy’s forehead and pulled her to his chest.

“Exactly, pet.”

He lightly stroked her shoulder, enjoying the intimate moment; Buffy feathered her fingers over his chest and nestled her head into the crook of his neck. They sat like that for a few moments, savoring their ability to enjoy each other’s silence.


“We should probably get out of the tub now. It says we shouldn’t be in for more than 15 minutes at a time.” Spike stretched his chest a little, pushing Buffy forward.

“You’re right. We can always do it again in the morning. So you want to get out first?”

“No, you go ahead. I’ll close my eyes again.” He closed his eyes and imagined her stepping out of the tub, slipping on the robe. He tried to banish the images from his mind again, reminding himself of their best-friend relationship, but the images seemed to flow so naturally from his mind. It’s not that he had never thought about the possibility of their dating; they had just never done it, and Spike wasn’t about to risk the friendship they had for something that he wasn’t sure of. He didn’t want his hormones to ruin one of the best things in his life.

“I’m good. I’m going to use the bathroom, so you can come out then. And I promise to call out before coming out,” Buffy said, tightening the sash on her robe. She reached up to pull her hair into a ponytail, lifting her robe higher.

“Sure thing,” Spike said, enjoying the view. When he heard the door close, he stepped out of the tub and stretched. As he put on the robe, he thought about their sleeping conditions. This robe is gonna be uncomfortable to sleep in, but I guess going naked isn’t an option. He usually slept naked, but he wasn’t going to subject Buffy to his habits. While he waited for Buffy to finish in the bathroom, he sat on the bed, propped on the numerous pillows.

“All done,” said Buffy, coming out of the bathroom. She stopped, halted by the image of Spike lounging on the round bed with his robe falling open. She tried to talk to cover her flustered state. “So, you chose that side of the bed, hey? Well, you’re lucky that I happen to like the other side.” She came around the other side and bounced onto the bed. “Ooh, comfy.”

“Yup. I’m gonna use the loo. Be right back.” Spike walked away, oblivious to Buffy’s staring.

I’m going to sleep next to Spike. I’m going to lie next to his almost naked body. Buffy began to stress. What if I snore? Oh, what if I talk in my sleep and he finds out I had all those dreams about him? Buffy bit her lip, remembering the surprise she had awoken to after dreaming about hot, wild sex with Spike. And her surprise that she had continued to have these dreams; eventually they became the image that helped her cum when she was touching herself and needed something to push her over the edge.

So what if he does find out? What if he’s had dreams about me? How would that make me feel? She began to grow hot and wet at the possibility of Spike having dreams about her. Maybe I want him to fantasize about me. I certainly think about him. He is hot, and I know he thinks I’m pretty. And then it hit her; the idea that had always lurked in the back of her mind now completely emerged from beneath. What if something happens between Spike and me, and I like it? What if we’re meant to be together? We are best friends, and I always say I want my man to be my best friend first. Buffy began clenching her robe with her fists. Oh my god. It is Spike. He is the one I want. I’ve always wanted him—even my dreams knew before I did. We’ve always had this spark, this connection, and I just assume it was only friendship—but it could totally be more. There have always been other guys that I dated, but I’ve always compared them to Spike. And I just dated them because they asked. But Spike never asked. The epiphany crashed over her in waves. She allowed herself to embrace the idea fully, reflecting on their comfort with each other and mutual respect, their ease with each other’s families, their similarities in humor and life perceptions, his ability to understand her and know her thoughts. She had always loved him as a friend, been attracted to him as a female—it was only natural that, put in this situation meant for honeymooners, she would realize maybe they could have more, could have it all.

Suddenly, Buffy dropped her robe from her clenched fingers. What if he doesn’t like me? What if he really does only see me as a friend, and that’s why he never asked? What if he’s never fantasized about me?

“Whatcha thinkin’ about, luv?” Spike asked as he casually slipped in between the covers.

“What? Huh? I mean, yeah, sure,” Buffy said quickly, trying to hide the thought train that was now whistling its arrival in her mind. She looked at him, eased in bed with his hands behind his head, and made a decision. Her thoughts still fluttering around, she frantically contemplated what to do. Unable to decide, she merely turned over and switched off the light.

“Oh, so we’re sleeping now? Okay,” said Spike, surprised at her sudden action. He followed suit, and they were soon plunged into soft darkness, the sign outside casting an ethereal glow on the room.