A couple of hours later, Spike heard the main door slam shut.

Huh, he thought. Back already?

It was barely after midnight.

He heard two dainty knocks on his door. Heard it creak open slightly. Then the sweet sound of the blonde’s voice wafting through.

“We have pizza,” Buffy said. Perkily. “Wanna share?”

No thanks, he almost said. But then he realized he was starving.

“Sure,” he said. “I’ll be out in a bit, yeah?”

“Cool,” Buffy said.

Spike put the guitar down. Then, putting on a T-shirt, joined them in the living room.

The women, still in their fancy outfits, were on the couch. Absolutely demolishing the pizza. It was one of the sexiest things Spike had ever seen. Somehow, he managed to tear his eyes away from them.

“What movie?” Spike asked. Picking up a slice.

“Wild Things,” Buffy said. Her eyes glued to the screen.

“Never seen it,” Spike says. “What’s it about?”

Buffy’s jaw dropped.

“What?” she said. Horrified. “This is like the greatest movie ever!”

“B,” Faith said. Rolling her eyes.

“Guess I’m not much of a movie fan,” Spike said.
Shrugging. “Sorry.”

“You should be!” Buffy said. Glaring at him.

“Don’t mind her,” Faith said. “Her mother dropped her on her head when she was a baby.”

“How dare you!” Buffy replied. Indignantly. She pounced on Faith. Trying to tear a pizza slice out of the brunette’s hands.

Spike found himself looking away as the women playfully wrestled.

Christ help me. Spike thought.

“You know, I think I should head back to…”

“Oh, come on,” Faith said. “You mean you have something better to do on a Saturday night than watch a crappy movie with us?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said. “Do ya punk?”

“Hey!” Buffy added. When she realised what her girlfriend said. Faith threw her hands up in apology.

“Fine, fine,” Spike said. Not wanting to give offence. He plopped down on the beanie bag. Heavily. Folding his arms. “I’m in.”

“Damn straight,” Buffy said.

By now, a courtroom scene was playing. Denise Richards was testifying on the stand. Weeping profusely.

“The bloke’s guilty as sin,” Spike muttered. His feelings, in no small matter, no doubt influenced by the gorgeous blonde on screen. “Poor bint.”

“Shhhhhh!!!!” Buffy hissed

“Sorry,” Spike whispered.

Only for Faith to make a ‘she’s nuts’ gesture behind Buffy’s head.

Twenty minutes later, Spike found himself bored out of his mind.

He looked up from his phone. To see Matt Dillon is checking into his room on screen. He subtly checked out both women. They were both watching the screen. Completely engrossed in the action.

Christ, they’re both so damn sexy, he thought. What a bleedin’ shame.

“Oi,” he cried out. When Denise Richards suddenly popped up on the large TV screen. Menacingly.

“So, you got my mom’s money?” she asked. Stepping forward threateningly.

“How much?” she asked again. “How much?”

“You know how much,” Dillon said.

“Your turn to pay,” Richards said.

“Mate,” Spike says. Shaking his head. “Run. You best…”

When Denise Richards whipped off the cover to reveal a bottle of champagne, Spike’s eyes nearly popped out of his head.

“No,” Spike said.

He looked at Buffy. Who gave him the ‘I know, right?’ look.

Spike let out a little laugh.

“Fuckin’ hell.” he said.

Snickering when Richards and Dillon began passionately making out.

“So how much is 8.5 million divided by three?” Neve Campbell asked.

“Wow,” Spike said. Shaking his head. Letting out a whistle. “Jesus.”

Spike, staring at the screen, entirely missed the meaningful look the women shot each other.

“Well, we’re here aren’t we?” Dillon said.

Undoing Denise Richard’s top, the lucky bloke began fondling her tits through her bra.

“Lucky sod,” Spike muttered.

“Tell me about it,” Faith said. Wistfully.

Only for Buffy to slap her girlfriend on the arm.

Spike found his assessment even more valid a moment later. When the lucky sod in question, his hands still filled with the blonde’s breasts, kissed those luscious lips.

“Gentlepersons prefer blondes,” Buffy said. “Which is why we get to have all the fun. Right, Spike?”

“Right you are pet,” he said. Chuckling and giving Buffy a
wink.

“Not all the fun,” Faith said. The teasing lilt giving her husky voice an even sexier quality. At the very moment the lucky sod in question turned to Campbell. And began snogging her as well. “As you can very well see.”

And as arguably the hottest threesome in film history began unfolding before Spike’s eyes – it hit him.

A gorgeous blonde. A bombshell brunette. And one extremely lucky bloke: Hooking up.

Then the thought that he had consigned to the back of his mind for the past few days – except in the darkness of night in his room – settled squarely at the forefront of his mind.

Was a threesome with Buffy and Faith on the menu tonight?

Suddenly, everything snapped into hyper-focus. The sound of his own breathing. The dryness of his mouth. The heaviness of his limbs.

The ache in his groin. The tingling in his balls. Most of all, the two bloody gorgeous women on the couch. Watching him.

Spike could feel their eyes on him. Their interest in him. It was so palpable, that he could practically taste it.

Come off it mate, Spike thought. They’re bloody gay. Prolly just messin’ with ya, ya wanker.

Still, Spike didn’t move a muscle. He barely even blinked. Or breathed. He just sat there. Stiff as a board. In more ways than one.

“Pretty hot, right?” Faith asked. Her tone was exceedingly casual, but with the slightest hint of tension. Shooting a playful look at her girlfriend.

Play it cool mate, Spike thought. You cold as ice.

“Yeah,” Spike said. His voice, despite his best efforts, sounding slightly strained to his own ears.

“If you like happen to that sort of thing,” he added. Dismissively. Chuckling as if he’d made some joke.

“Do you?” Buffy asked. Playfully. “Like that sort of thing?”

Christ, Spike thought. They really are fucking with me.

“As much as any other red-blooded bloke,” Spike said.
Casually shrugging his shoulders.

His outwardly calm in sharp contrast to his inner turmoil. His eyes still glued on the screen.

Onscreen, the trio had moved to the bed. The lucky sod was, at this very moment, licking champagne off Richard’s tits. Lucky sod, he thought again.

“So that would be a yes?” Buffy enquired. With an adorable little giggle.

A moment passed. Spike blinked. As the screen faded to black. Leaving the rest of what happened that night to the viewers’ imagination.

“Yeah,” Spike said. “I mean, which bloke wouldn’t, right? Two gorgeous women and all that.”

A moment passed.

“Right,” Buffy said.

“Right,” Faith said.

Suddenly, the pair dissolved into fit of giggles.

Finding himself at a distinct disadvantage, and not liking the feeling one bit, Spike decided to go on the offensive.

In a careful and as casual a manner as possible, he turned his face to look at them. Training his baby blue eyes on both lovely ladies, he spoke slowly. And carefully.

“Sadly,’ve never had the pleasure,” Spike said. Affecting a pregnant pause. For maximum effect.

“Yet,” he added. Smirking his patented Spike™ smirk.

When the two lovely ladies in question turned their heads to each other, Spike knew he’d won at least a momentary victory.

Nicely done mate, he told himself. Nicely done.

“Well, colour me surprised,” Faith said. To Buffy.

“I know!” Buffy said. To Faith.

When Buffy looked back at him, he could see her eyes gleaming with amusement.

“Figured a stud such as yourself would have had ample opportunity,” the blonde said. Affecting a ditzy southern accent that somehow made her even more desirable.

“If only,” Spike said. Wistfully.

“Now, I know men always say that,” Faith said. “Like. I get it. Two ladies, ya know? Preaching to the choir here. But…”

Spike said nothing. Just raised an enquiring brow. By now, the movie was entirely forgotten.

“But I bet half would run screaming for the hills if the opportunity ever presented itself,” Faith added.

“More than half,” Buffy said. Pointedly. “Too much pressure, ya know? Satisfying two women.”

“Way too much pressure,” Faith added. Agreeably. “I mean, most guys can’t even satisfy one. Right?”

“Right,” Buffy said. Giggling.

“But I think he could handle it,” Faith told Buffy.
Conversationally. Turning her entire body to face her lover.

“You think so?” Buffy asked. Skeptically. Turning her entire body to face her lover.

“I dunno,” Faith said. Shrugging. “Maybe.”

Giving her lover a sly little smile.

“Maybe,” Buffy said. Spike could see a little smile tugging at the corners of Buffy’s mouth as well.

For the past minute, Spike had done naught but hold his tongue. Watched the conversation flow between the two women. Waiting. Biding his time. His thoughts growing ever more feverish.

Careful not to push it mate, Spike told himself. Just let it happen.

Both women turned their bodies to face him now.

“You think you could handle it, Spike?” Faith asked. Fixing him with a sultry stare.

“Satisfying two women?” Buffy said.

Christ, Spike thought. This is really happening. Steady on, Will. Steady on.

“Two women …” Spike repeated. Lips curling into a little smile. “Such as yourselves?”

The women, almost in unison, raised their brows.

“Purely hypothetically of course,” Spike added.

Eager to take the pressure off them. Keep things light and fun.

“Purely,” Buffy said.

“Of course,” Faith added.

“Well,” Spike said. Considering his words carefully. “Speaking purely hypothetically.….”

With great care, he twisted his body sideways to face them. Then leaned back and spread himself out on the beanbag. Making himself as large and physically imposing as possible. As he allowed his words to trail off. Suggestively.

When he had their undivided attention, he suggestively hooked both fingers in his jeans. Drawing both lovely ladies’ eyes to his crotch.

“I wager I’d… more than rise to the occasion,” Spike said. Then offered up his best panty-soaking smile.

Buffy blushed. But Faith only leaned forward. Her dark eyes gleaming.

“Yeah?” Faith said. “And how would little scenario that play out?”

Spike turned his face away from them. Staring off into the distance, he contorted his face into a contemplative expression. Then let out a little laugh and shook his head. As if to say ‘no way.’

“Come on,” Faith said.

“Humour us,” Buffy added.

“All right,” Spike said. “Since you insist…”

When he turned to look at them again his expression was amused. The corners of his lips were turned up. But his eyes were deadly serious. His mouth was slightly parted to reveal gleaming white teeth. Like a predator.

“The three of us,” Spike said. His low, gravelly voice barely more than a whisper. “Would party till the sun comes up.”

“A right wicked party, yeah?” Spike added. Flashing a
wicked grin to match. “Wet. Wild.”

“I mean, a real right and proper tumble,” he said. Slowly.
Paused to let the women picture all that entailed. Letting their imaginations run wild. “The three of us.”

“All. Bloody. Night,” he added. For emphasis.

He saw Buffy bite her lip. Her cheeks turning a lovely shade of red. Faith’s lips had parted slightly. And her little tongue was flickering out.

“And come morning,” Spike said. His tone growing boastful. “I’d leave the pair of you right bloody knackered. And smiling ear to bloody ear.”

Spike knew he needed one final flourish. He curled his upper lip in a well-practiced manner he knew women of all stripes found utterly irresistible.

“And that’s a guaran-goddamn-tee,” Spike concluded.

Then, time stood still. No one spoke. For what seemed like an eon.

Spike just watched them. And Buffy and Faith sat there. Watching him. Spike could feel the tension in the room between the three of them. It built. And build. And build. As if his words alone had cast some dark spell.

“Well,” Faith said. Finally. Sounding slightly breathless. “That does sound like one hell of a party. Right B?”

“Right,” Buffy said.

Yes, Spike thought. When the women snuck a glance at each other. As if to gauge each other’s interest such an encounter. He could see it in their eyes. Read it on their faces. This was really going to happen. Him and Buffy and Faith.

Holy shit, Spike thought.

It was as if his words and will alone were manifesting the possibility of such an encounter into being. The words were on the tip of Spike’s tongue. In the forefront of his mind. Well, shall we?

“Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to get an invite,” Faith said. Looking squarely at him now. Her eyes teasing. “Someday.”

“Someday,” Buffy added. “Maybe.”

Right, Spike thought. Looks like you’re going to have to make the proposition mate. Time to lay out yer cards, yeah?

“Maybe…tonight?” Spike enquired. Flashing a wolfish smile. Tongue firmly embedded in his cheek.

Spike knew this was the moment. Everything was riding on this. Make or break. Heaven or hell. Right or wrong. The women looked at each other again. Spike saw their eyes meet and hold. Saw them silently debate it. And then reach an agreement. And then they looked back at him.

“You wish,” Buffy huffed.

“What she said,” Faith added. Grinning.

Spike forced a smile on his face despite the bitter taste of disappointment in his mouth.

“Frequently,” he quipped. As if it was no skin off his back. He turned around and took a breath.

Shite, Spike thought. Well, it was worth a bloody try.
A few moments of silence passed.

“Well, I’m right about dying to take a piss,” Spike said. Getting to his feet. “Be right back, yeah?”

“Sure,” Buffy and Faith said. Together. But both women’s eyes were glued firmly to the screen now. As if he simply didn’t merit their attention.

Fuck, Spike thought. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck…

And with that, he stalked off towards the bathroom. Never looking back. Once safely inside and the door securely latched, Spike let out the deep breath he’d been holding.

“Christ,” Spike said. Shaking his head. “What the bloody hell was that?”

He looked in the mirror. Found himself looking dazed and confused.

“What the bloody hell was that?” he asked himself. Again. And received no answer.

Had he misconstrued the signals?

Spike asked himself that question myriad times as he replayed the events of the last few minutes in his head.

Surely not, he thought.

He’d been so sure where things were going. It all seemed so perfect. So inevitable.

Him and Buffy and Faith. Hooking up.

He could practically see it. Smell it. Taste it.

And then… nothing. Not a damn thing.

Somehow, he’d let the opportunity of a lifetime slip clean through his fingers.

“Dammit,” Spike growled. He felt breaking something. Anything.

And then it hit him. They’d been messing with him. All along. The pizza. The movie. Clearly, they were just having a bit of fun. And here he was, getting all worked up.

“Christ,” Spike muttered. Looking at himself in the mirror. “They were messing with you, ya right wanker. And you thought…”

Bloody dolt, he thought.

Snickering at his own foolishness.

But then the thought hit him again: Him and Buffy and Faith. Hooking up.

It was a thought he couldn’t get out of his damn mind. And he had to get back out there. And fairly soon. If he wanted them to not think he was a bigger weirdo than they probably already did.

“Jesus,” Spike muttered. He splashed some cold water on his face. “Get it together mate.”

The cold water didn’t help a bit. Spike looked down. Then looked at the door. Which was securely locked. Then looked down again.

Spike’s head dropped. In defeat. He knew what he had to do.

When Spike finally emerged from the bathroom, the first thing he saw was the clock in the hallway. He’d been in there for nearly a half an hour.

Christ, he thought. Lost track of the time.

Now, he found himself torn between his choices:
A: Return to his seat and pretend as if nothing happened?
B: Maybe make a joke or two about it?
C: Or bid them a quick goodnight while beating a hasty retreat for his room? And perhaps another round of taking care of businesses.

Regardless of whatever option he chose, Spike would pass through the living room. Where they were seated. He knew he had to make a choice. So he did.

I’ll take my lumps like a man, Spike thought. Bring on the pain.

“Right,” Spike said. Stepping into the living room. “Now where were…”

The living room was empty. The telly was off. The beer
bottles empty. Pizza boxes askew.

“Huh,” Spike said. He expected to feel relieved, but only felt disappointed. He let out an exhale and shook his head.

Well, I guess that’s that, he thought.

But even as he stepped towards his bedroom, his eyes couldn’t help being drawn towards the master bedroom. Buffy and Faith’s room. The door of which was slightly ajar.

It stopped Spike dead in his tracks. He stared at the creamy, white door. And the soft, golden glow emanating from inside. Warm. Inviting. Beckoning him closer. Like a Siren’s Song.

Just gonna close it, Spike told himself. With every step. Not gonna look. Not gonna peek.

Now, he was right by the door. Spike found his spirit willing but his flesh weak.

He reached for the handle, then began craning his head to sneak a peek.

Think of what your mum would say, Spike thought. That thought froze him in his tracks.

How proud she’d be of her William. Ya right bloody wanker.

Spike scoffed. Shaking his head.

What was he bloody thinking?

But before he could pull the door shut, heard the sound of a hushed conversation. Buffy and Faith were talking. Their voices low and soft.

Suddenly, Spike felt like a major creep. It didn’t help that he was standing right outside their bedroom. Their door knob in his hand. Trying to eavesdrop on them.

He loudly cleared his throat and rapped on the door with his knuckles.

“Hey,” Spike said. As loudly as he could without shouting.
“I’m turning in. Just wanted to say night.”

“And thanks. For the movie and the pizza, yeah?” Spike added.

He heard the bedsprings creak. The hushed conversation continued for a moment. Then ceased entirely. A moment later, the sound of Faith’s sultry voice came wafting through the open door.

“Could you come in for a sec?” Faith asked. “Buffy and I… need to ask you something.”

Spike blinked. And then the thought hit him again: Him. Buffy and Faith. Hooking up.

Stop it ya wanker, Spike thought. Come off it.

“Spike?” he heard Buffy ask. After a moment. She sounded amused. “Are you there?”

And then he thought he heard two stifled giggles.

Christ, Spike thought. Say something, ya wanker. Anything. Just say it.

“Yeah,” Spike said. Wincing at the word he’d chosen. Smooth. Real smooth.

Quickly, he searched for a better riposte. And said the first thing that came into his head.

“You both decent right?” Spike asked. Wincing a moment later at how creepy he sounded. He chuckled as loudly as he could. As if to underline that he was only joking.

“Why don’t you come in and find out,” he heard Buffy say. Playfully.

“If you dare,” Faith added. Equally playfully.

Again, he heard two barely stifled giggles.

Right, Spike thought. Right

Now, pushing the door firmly open, he stepped forward and into the door frame.