Chapter 3 - Hands Down


Her lips were soft as they grazed his own. It was chase it the beginning but the tone changed instantly. Her tongue swept across his bottom lip before pushing through the barrier into his mouth. He moaned desperately, fisting his hands in her hair, battling for dominance in the kiss. Soon, his left hand snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him, crashing hips against hips. Her lips pressed harder against his as her legs wrapped around his waist. She ground herself against him, her arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers fingering his soft curls. “Buffy,” he moaned, pulling back slightly. Before he had a chance to tell her what was screaming in his head, she had crushed her lips to his again and he soon stumbled towards a wall, pushing her back against it. Her hand reached down in between them, fingering to try and undo his restraints as his hand hiked her skirt up around his waist. Soon he found himself within her. He gasped, pulling back from her and looking up at her. He opened his mouth, swallowing mounds of unneeded air as he began to move inside her slowly.
“Faster,” she whispered and he eagerly complied, thrusting in and out of her, fast and harder. The world seemed to fall around him, the old house creaking under their combined weight. She bucked her hips against him, pushing him in farther with each thrust. She let her head fall back against the wall, her mouth open as she gasped for air.


“Spike, wake up.” Buffy gently shook the sleeping vampire who growled dangerously in his sleep. She sighed, sitting down next to him. His face scrunched up as he tossed and turned in his sleep, letting gasps and growls escape his throat. “Probably dreaming of the good old days back when he was soulless.” She watched him silently for a few moments before his face relaxed and a silly smile graced his lips. She smiled, letting her fingers trace his cheeks, reveling in the feel of his soft skin. “Oh I’ve missed you Spike.”
“Buffy,” he whispered, turning his face into her fingers, trying to recapture her touch once more.
“Yea?” she whispered, wondering what was entertaining his mind.
“Love you.” She smiled lightly, knowing she wasn’t far behind. The past week had been amazing as he told her of the adventures he had while in his ghost form. He had managed to wiggle his way back into Dawn’s heart and even Xander was taking a liking to him. She knew it wouldn’t be long till she gave into her heart and stopped listening to her stubborn mind but she wasn’t about to admit it to herself either.
“I know you do,” she whispered. “But it’s time to get up unless you want to end up like the ashes in my fire place.” His eyebrows scrunched together and he opened one eye slowly.
“I hate you. You woke me up from a very excellent dream,” he growled, sitting up. Buffy chuckled shaking her head.
“No you don’t,” she stated simply. Spike hung his head low in defeat before smiling up at her. “Listen, you can go upstairs and go back to your dream but you can’t sleep on my couch all day. I’ve got social services coming over and I don’t want another disaster like the last one.”
“They’re still bugging you? If you want I could get dressed and act like a boyfriend so Dawn could have a ‘father figure’.” Buffy shook her head smiling as she stood holding her hand out to the bleached vampire in front of her. He took her hand in his, standing up and towering over her. He looked down at her, worry etched across his features. “You sure?” Buffy nodded, looking down at there still joined hands. Maybe loving him wouldn’t be so bad.


Spike chuckled when he heard her rambling to the social service woman. He shook his head, putting on his black t before heading down the steps. “Well I see Dawn’s grades have been picking up this past week. What has changed?” the woman, Miss Finkle, asked kindly.
“Well. Um,” Buffy looked for words, knowing Spike had been tutoring her in English and Math.
Spike walked into the room smiling, bending down and placing a kiss on Buffy’s cheek. “Morning luv. Dawn at summer school?” he asked before sitting down next to her. All Buffy could do was nod as she stared at Spike, wondering what was going through that bleached head of his.
“I’m sorry but who are you?” Miss Finkle asked. Spike smiled, holding his hand out.
“William Crawford. I’ve been going out with Buffy for the past four years but I was away last year because of my work. Just got home last week actually.” Miss Finkle smiled warmly, shaking his hand briefly.
“Excellent. It’s good to see Dawn has a father figure.” Spike shrugged, taking Buffy’s hand in his and squeezing it gently.
“Well I usually think myself more as an older brother but yea, I guess you could call me a father figure type.” He looked over at Buffy, seeing her still staring at him. “You don’t mind if I steal Buffy away from you for a second do you?” Miss Finkle smiled and nodded, looking down at her file as Spike ushered Buffy into the kitchen.
He chuckled slightly, pulling out a mug and pouring some pig’s blood into it before setting it in the microwave. “If we’re going to pull this off, you can’t stare at me like that pet.”
“If I remember correctly, I said I didn’t need your help.”
“Yes luv but I didn’t fancy being stuck in your room listening to you ramble on and make a fool of yourself. And even though I love that voice of yours,” he stated, walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her waist. “I wanted to come down and spend time with you. Now, say you forgive me.” Buffy laughed lightly, nodding as she tried to step away from him.
“I forgive you. Now let go of me so I can get back to Miss Finkle.” Spike almost burst out laughing out the sound of the woman’s name.
“Alright but can I get a kiss first?” Buffy’s eyes went wide before she shook her head, pulling away. His grasp tightened on her and he jut out his lower lip in a pout. “Please?” Buffy chuckled shaking her head before leaning in a placing a small kiss on his cheek. His shoulders sagged and his head hung low. He sighed, hearing the microwave beep. He took out his mug and walked back into the dining room where Buffy and Miss Finkle were seated. He took a sip of his blood, licking his lips of any excess before placing his mug down on the table.
“Well, it seems you two have everything under control and let me tell you that I’ll have a good report written up instead of a bad one. It’s great to see that Dawn is lucky enough to have you two who care about her and each other greatly.” She sighed, picking up her purse to leave before standing along with Buffy and Spike. The three walked towards the door, Buffy’s hand safely tucking in Spike’s. Just as Miss Finkle turned to leave, she looked at the two and smiled. “Mr. Crawford, I do hope that you do not waste time in asking Ms. Summers. She’s a beautiful young woman and if I were you I wouldn’t want to let her escape.” Spike smiled, wrapping his arm around Buffy, pulling her close to him. “What Dawn needs is a stable family and I have no doubt that you can give her that.” She sighed happily waving them good-bye before heading out.
“Now what do you think she meant by that?” Spike asked as Buffy closed the door, a small smile upon his lips. Buffy didn’t say anything, only took a step towards him. She smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head upon his chest.
“Thank you William. For everything you’ve done in the past. For showing me that it’s ok to love even though you can get hurt.” Spike raised an eyebrow, looking down at her. “Thank you for showing me that even a monster can become a man.” She smiled, pulling away before leaving him in the hall way to think about what she said.



TBC...