Author's Chapter Notes:
Banner by xoChantelly
William woke up with Buffy cuddled against his side. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful. He lightly brushed her hair away from her face. Yesterday's events rushed back to him. So many questions and fears ran through his mind, he needed to think clearly. How was he going to handle this situation?

He gingerly slid out of bed, careful not to wake her up, and put on his robe. He had some serious pondering to do, and would prefer he got his thoughts in order before talking to Buffy. He freshened up in the bathroom, and then went out onto the terrace to sit and think.


Buffy woke up an hour later, sighing in contentment. She'd done it -- she'd slept with William. And it was more amazing than she ever could have dreamed. And, judging by how many times he'd spilled inside of her and his numerous shouts of 'Oh God, yes, Buffy!', he'd had a great time too. She loved him now more than ever. It wasn't just that he'd played her body like a musical instrument and gave her lots of happys (though that part helped!), she'd felt an indescribable spiritual kind of bond, like their souls had connected along with their loins. She laughed softly, still half-asleep. It was kinda corny, but that's how she felt. Love can make you think and do the wacky.

She reached her arm out, expecting to feel his body next to hers, but he wasn't there. She opened her eyes and saw that he'd vacated the bed at some point. Her heart constricted. Did that mean that he regretted what they'd done? Buffy had no idea what she would do if William didn't feel the same way she did. How could she pretend that she didn't love him? How could she pretend that her heart wasn't being ripped out if he decided to stay with Cecily, after all? Just the thought of it made her feel like she might throw up. The clock said that it was 11:30 am, maybe he was just making some business calls or something innocuous. Just because he didn't want to stay in bed didn't necessarily mean that he was sorry their relationship had taken an unexpected turn... or so she told herself to avoid panicking.

Buffy didn't care if William wanted to be with her only because of the great sex, the important thing was to make him see that Cecily was all wrong for him. Well, Buffy cared if he didn't love her too, but hoped that even if William wasn't in love with her yet, that he would come to love her in time. He clearly had feelings for her, he liked spending time with her, and he'd loved the hot sex too -- those were great starting points for a long-lasting relationship.

She climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash up. On her way back to the bed, she caught sight of William sitting out on the veranda. He was wearing a blue robe and sitting at a small table, staring out on the woods behind the mansion. What was he thinking? Buffy wanted to run to him and run away from him at the same time. She was terrified of possibly being rejected. Now that she knew how incredible a lover William was in addition to the qualities that had initially attracted her to him, it would be excruciating if he didn't want her. But they had to have 'the talk'. She had to lay all of her cards out on the table and tell him how she truly felt, that she wanted them to be together.

Buffy wrapped the bed sheet around her nude body, she felt way too... vulnerable being naked right now. She took a calming breath, and then opened the glass doors.

William jumped in his seat and jerked his head toward her.

They smiled and laughed nervously, each trying not to let on how scared they were about the upcoming conversation.

"Oops, sorry I scared you."

"Th-That's okay. Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Yeah, I did. You?"

"Yes, quite soundly."

"That's good..." Buffy said, fidgeting. "I hope you don't mind that I swiped a toothbrush. I found one in a unopened package in the bathroom closet."

They had both slept better than either of them could remember. Hot sex tended to tucker one out.

"No, I don't mind at all. It's a lovely day, isn't it? I thought it'd be nice to take tea out here on the terrace today." William winced at his own lame attempt at avoiding what they needed to talk about.

"Yeah, it's a nice day." Buffy squinted and looked at the pretty scenery.

"Do you want... a robe or something? I can get one for you," he offered, already starting out of the chair.

"No, I'm okay in this for now." She sat down in the chair next to his.

"Would you like some tea? Or lunch? You must be famished. I'll just go and --" He started to stand up again, but Buffy held up her hand and smiled.

"No, really, I'm fine. You can sit back down and relax. If I need something I can get it."

They sat in silence, looking out on the greenery and listening to birds singing.

Buffy looked down at her lap and took a breath. "William, about last night..." She had to pause for a second, her nerves were so bad, it felt like she had no spit to talk with.

The moment those words were out of her mouth, he knew how she felt about it. 'About last night' followed by a pause -- that was the beginning of the classic 'we made a mistake' talk. William would save her the trouble and embarrassment.

He steeled himself and began. "Buffy, you don't have to say it. I know."

"You do?" she asked, looking up at him hopefully.

"Yes. I know what we did was a mistake. We had too much to drink and... we lost control. I'm m-married and I should have been able to control my... urges. I shouldn't have taken advantage..."

They both knew what happened could never be construed as him taking advantage of her, but he said it to help her feel better.

Buffy felt her heart break in two; it was actually physically painful to hear him say those words. She stared at him blankly for a few moments, then looked away abruptly. "Yeah... we both made a big mistake."

"I hope you're not angry with me," William said, wishing she would look at him so he could tell if she were disgusted with him. "I value your friendship so much."

"No... no, I'm not angry. Not at you. It was all... my f-fault, I shouldn't have... I need to get dressed," Buffy said, getting quickly up from the table and going back inside the bedroom. Her eyes were swimming with tears; she didn't want him to see her cry and make a bigger fool out of herself.

Last night she'd fully believed that William wanted her for keeps, that he was maybe a little in love with her. How could she have been so wrong? The way he'd looked at her, the way he'd touched and kissed her... After they'd gone upstairs and gotten into his bed, the sex had been slow and tender, she'd thought of it as lovemaking... which William apparently had not. He thought what they did was a mistake.

Scalding hot tears began to run down her face. She had to get dressed and get out of here. She searched frantically around the room for her clothes -- not remembering that her clothes were still downstairs in the study where she'd stripped them off. Buffy couldn't think straight about anything; her brain felt broken too.

William came in through the glass doors, he'd thought he'd heard a sob and had to try to comfort her if he could. He felt like a complete bastard for making her cry. He saw her on her knees and seemingly searching for something under the bed. "Buffy? What are you doing?"

"I can't find my s-stupid clothes!" She couldn't pretend that she wasn't crying.

"I believe our clothes are, um, still downstairs," William said, ducking his head and rubbing at the back of his neck.

"Oh... yeah, right. I forgot." She started sobbing again.

William frowned, fighting tears himself. He incorrectly surmised that she was crying because she regretted what they'd done. "Buffy, I'm so sorry. If I could take back what happened last night..."

"Stop trying to make me feel worse!" she cried and plopped down on the bed, putting her hands over her face.

"I-I'm not! I'm trying t-to make you feel better!" William stuttered. "I never meant to hurt you or m-make you cry."

“Even though you don’t want me...” her voice cracked. “Please get away from Cecily! She’s going to suck the life out of you, she’s going to destroy you if you don’t leave her! Run, don't walk!”

William blinked, wondering if he'd heard her correctly.

Buffy wept and ranted, "And now you probably hate me, and you won't want to see me again, and I'll have to move away, and I ruined everything because I couldn't control myself anymore! I love you so much -- I don't know what I'm going to do! Oh God, I'm pathetic!" she blubbered.

Her rant ran out of steam and he was finally able to get a word in edgewise. William let out a shaky breath and said, "I lied."

She looked at him from between her fingers, still snuffling into her hands.

"I don't think what we did was a mistake." His voice got rougher, "It was a bloody revelation. I-I only said that because I was under the impression that that that was what you wanted to hear. I thought that was what you were about to tell me, and... I didn‘t know if I could bear to hear you say it, so I said it before you could."

Buffy sniffled and wiped her eyes, afraid to believe she was hearing what she thought she was hearing. "R-Really? You don't... regret it?"

William shook his head. "I could never regret being with you." He sat down on the edge of the bed with her and took her hand in both of his. "Did you mean everything you said? I couldn't make out all of it because you were talking so fast and crying, but I think I heard the important bits."

Buffy nodded. "I meant every garbled word. I'm in love with you... and I have been for a really long time."

William smiled, awed that she loved him. "I'm in love with you too, Buffy. I was such a fool not to see it... You were right there, the perfect woman was under my nose for the past two years, and I didn't see it."

"Did you say that you love me? Are you sure?" Buffy asked, wanting to make sure she hadn't heard only what she wished to hear.

"God, yes, I love you so much, pet," William said with certainty.

Buffy threw her arms around him and kissed him hard on the mouth. William wrapped his arms around her, kissing her back just as madly.

She pulled back, panting for breath. Then she put a hand over her eyes, laughing a little crazily. "I could beat the shit out of you for scaring me the way you did!" She cuffed him on the shoulder. "I thought I was gonna puke I was so upset! I still might puke, my insides are all floopy."

William pouted and looked down. "I'm sorry... I always manage to do the wrong thing. Why am I so bloody clueless when it comes to emotional matters?"

She sighed and touched the side of his face. "It's okay, William. You didn't want to get hurt either. Believe me, I totally understand that."

He met her eyes again, both of them smiling a little. He gently wiped some tears from her cheek with his thumb.

Buffy sniffed and wiped at the tears on her other cheek. "God, I must look like shit."

"No, you look beautiful, as always. But it breaks my heart to see you in tears... especially when I'm the cause of them." William went to the nightstand and plucked a few tissues from the box, and then handed them to her.

Buffy dried her eyes and blew her nose, then felt much better. "Thanks," she said, going to the wastepaper basket and tossing the tissues in. She shuffled back to where he was standing and hugged him tight, laying her head on his shoulder. "I've been awake less than a half hour and it's been a big ol' roller coaster ride already."

"No more ups and downs, I promise," William said, rubbing her upper back.

Buffy giggled and looked at him, waggling her eyebrows, "Not even the naughty kind?"

William smirked. "I wouldn't object to those." Then he nuzzled her neck and moved his hands down her back to her waist. "We just declared our love for each other... seems like we should commemorate the moment." He pulled at the bed sheet that she'd wrapped around her to loosen it.

They laid down on the bed together to get more comfortable. William got the sheet off of her, and then kissed along her collarbones as his hands slowly roamed over body.

Buffy untied his robe, and pushed it down his arms. She was happy to see that he was naked underneath it, no more pesky clothing to remove. William finished taking off the robe, tossing it over the side of the bed, and then went immediately back to kissing and touching her. His tongue swirled around her stiffening nipples.

She closed her eyes and arched her neck, relishing the feel of his lips and hands on her skin again. Her pussy was getting wet, paving the way for his huge, luscious cock like it had done last night. But there were one or two important things they needed to discuss before they totally lost themselves in lust and love.

"Um, wait a sec," Buffy said. The sex-obsessed portion of her mind was screaming at her to 'shut the fuck up!', but there were burning questions that she needed answered right away.

William stopped suckling at her and raised his head. "What's wrong, pet?" His hands kept moving slowly on her body, one massaging its way upward on her left thigh.

She had to refocus. The touching, and him calling her 'pet' made her all swoony. "It's just that... well, we love each other, right?"

He grinned and nodded, leaning up to give her a soft kiss. "Aye, that we do."

"And that's fantastic, it's what I've been praying for. But, um, what about... her? Are we going to sneak around behind her back, or --"

William looked at her in disbelief. "There's only one thing that I want besides you, and that is to get a divorce as quickly as possible."

Buffy smiled hopefully. "You sure?"

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life. Buffy, I adore you, and every day that I can't officially call you mine is one bloody day too long. I've got some calls to make this afternoon to get the 'divorce machine' rolling."

Buffy took his face in her hands and mashed her lips against his, kissing the breath out of him. "Oh William, you don't know how happy you just made me!" she said between frantic kisses.

He laughed and let her smother him with kisses. Then he planted a long, deep kiss on her lips. "I want to be rid of her, once and for all. Even if I considered playing around behind her back instead of getting a divorce, I wouldn't ask you to be 'the other woman', Buffy. I have too much respect for you to ever put you in that role."

She brushed her fingertips over his cheekbones. "Say that you love me."

He turned his face to kiss the inside of her wrist. "I love you madly."

"You were madly in love with her too... once."

He sighed and acquiesced. "Yes, I did love her. Once. Rather, I loved who I built her up to be in my mind. It's almost as if she were a witch who cast a love spell on me... because it makes no bloody sense, otherwise. I'd prefer to believe the love spell scenario than dwell on what an imbecile I've been. I was blind." William kissed her again. "What I thought I saw when I looked at Cecily is what you actually are. You're the beautiful mirage I saw."

"Let me say that I'm not trying to talk you out of loving me. I'm just asking this stuff because I want you to be sure, and I need to know the answers, okay?"

He smiled and gave her a soft kiss. "Okay. Are you sure that you want to be with an idiot like me? Took me two years to realize that I hated my wife and that I was in love with you."

"I don't care if you're a little slow," Buffy giggled. "I love you anyway."

William frowned, then chuckled. "I was going to object to the 'slow' comment, but I can't argue with it, it's true. When it comes to my heart, I've been a bloody fool. Until now, that is. I'm positive that I'm right this time." He cleared his throat anxiously. "There's something I need to ask you, too. I'm hoping that you won't take offense to it."

"Hmm, okay... go ahead."

"Are you certain that your feelings for me have nothing to do with wanting to get back at Cecily for how bad she's treated you too? I want you to be as sure as I am that your feelings are real. It would kill me if you woke up one day and realized that you weren't truly in love with me."

Buffy did feel offended at first. But then she reminded herself that poor William was used to the idea of no one being able to love him, as Cecily had been systematically breaking down his fragile self-esteem. He would need a lot of finessing. He was looking at her, clearly nervous as he awaited her reply.

She gave him a kiss to show that she wasn't mad, and then said, "I love you because of who you are; I love how sweet, funny, compassionate and smart you are. I love the way you look, how you walk and talk, and it turns out that you're amazing in bed too. Is there the added bonus of stickin' it to Cecily by stealing her husband? Yes. But I'd want you if she wasn't even in the picture." Buffy hoped that her honesty wouldn't backfire on her. She wanted to be truthful about the stickin' it to Cecily thing.

William smiled a bit, he really couldn't blame her for getting a secret thrill at taking something away from her cousin. But he also believed Buffy when she said that there was much more to her affection for him. "Fair enough. And I want you to feel secure that I really do love you. It's not getting back at her, it's not just because we had great sex all night. You're the one I want to talk to about my day; you're the one that can always make me smile; you're the one who makes my heart pound in anticipation of seeing you... You're the one, Buffy."

They started kissing and touching again. Their tongues rubbed together, one hand went to the other's naughty bits to softly stroke.

"Anything else you need cleared up?" William asked, kissing her neck as his fingers circled her clit.

"Ohh God, that feels good... Thinking isn't easy when you're... Ya know, I think we got the big questions out of the way, more talking can wait. I wanna make you swear like a convict again." They giggled. Buffy pushed him onto his back, and draped herself over him. "Mmmm, let's give this bed some more good memories and get rid of those icky Cecily cooties."

He kissed a path from her shoulder to her ear. "Her room's down the hall."

Buffy frowned and tugged on his hair to get him to look at her. "You're kidding? She doesn't even sleep in the same room as you?!"

William shook his head. "Well, we sometimes sleep in the same bed, but she said she likes to have the bed to herself. She always had me come to her room, she wouldn't sleep in here."

"William, do you think she's a lesbian?"

He burst out laughing.

Buffy giggled, but said, "I'm serious. I wondered that last night."

"I don't know. That would explain a few things." He tapped his chin in thought. "But lesbians aren't known to be evil."

Buffy laughed, "That's true, but I'm sure there are a few evil ones. I knew she was an evil bitch from the way she treated you. But when I got a look at your manliness last night? Holy shit!" Buffy looked down to admire his cock, stroking it reverently. "You've got a dick that any red-blooded, straight female would kill to have attached to her man." William was laughing, she nudged him with her hip. "I speak the truth. You could hire yourself out to stud if you wanted to -- there are women prepared to pay for what you got between your legs."

William wiped tears of laughter from his eyes. "How did I miss my calling? William Giles, Male Prostitute. It's all so clear now."

"Uh-uh." Buffy grinned and kissed his chest. "No gigolo'ing for you, not now. You're all mine, William." She punctuated her statement by giving his cock a little squeeze.

"Ahh, of course I'm all yours, Buffy. Why would I want any other woman for anything? You fulfill all of my needs."

"Mmmhmm, there's one need I just love fulfilling." Buffy meandered her way down his body, kissing and rubbing her hands on his muscles.

She laid his hardening cock against his stomach, giving long, firm licks from balls to tip. William's moans were more subdued than the ones he'd let out the first time she'd done this to him, the intense pleasure wasn't a shock to him this time. His moans were deep and throaty, but it didn't sound like she was murdering him.

He pulled her hair back and held it to watch her slobber on his cock. "Let's try that 69 thing again, with you on all fours above me this time. Wanna taste that sweet quim again." William smirked, loving being naughty with her.

Buffy winked and eagerly turned herself around to straddle his face. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply when she felt his tongue flick lightly along her pussylips and his hands sliding up and down her thighs. She pumped him gently, swabbing his cockhead with the flat of her tongue.

William licked the length of her slit, still using feather-light touches of his tongue.

Buffy growled, yearning for more. But she didn't want to order him around like someone else (whose name she didn't want to even let enter her mind at the moment) would do. Instead, she chose to tease him too. Her licks to his cock became just as light as his on her pussy were, the strokes of her hand light enough to tickle.

She smiled when William groaned and pushed his hips up. "Somethin' you need, William?" she looked under her body at him and raised her hips.

He gave her a mock glare and smirked. "Vixen. More tit for tat, eh?"

Buffy gasped as he pulled her hips back down and started eating her pussy in earnest. She reciprocated by taking his cock in her mouth and sucking hard. It only took a minute or two of his excellent tongue-work for Buffy to wail and hump his face in the throes of an orgasm.

She was a moaning, panting mess and let William turn her around and lay her on her back without any resistance. He placed gentle kisses to her face and chest as she got her breath back. His left hand delicately rubbed her pussy. Buffy thought about asking him how he'd gotten so good at pussy munching, he could reduce her to a puddle of goo within minutes. But she decided that she'd rather not know how much 'practice' he'd had before her.

"Ready for more, pet?" William asked, and flicked at her nipples with his tongue.

"Mmmhmm!" Buffy grinned and wrapped her limbs around him, pulling him fully on top of her.

They kissed slowly as he wiggled his hips against her hot center.

"I want you, William," Buffy breathed.

"You've got me," he replied, slowly sliding his cock into her.

This time was more intimate than the others, they tried their best to keep their eyes from fluttering closed in pleasure to gaze at each other as he pumped in and out of her. They muttered and moaned 'I love you', again and again. William supported himself on his elbows to have both hands free to caress her face and tangle in her hair. Buffy's hands drifted over his back, moving down to hold and squeeze his butt.

"Love your ass." Buffy smiled and squeezed, sticking her tongue out.

William sucked on the tip of her tongue. "Love yours too. I -- Ohhh -- love how your hands feel on me." He moaned loudly when she clenched and unclenched her inner muscles. "Ohh fuck!"

Buffy giggled, clasping and unclasping around his thick cock.

He moaned again, then laughed. "That feels so bloody amazing, I only wish I had a trick or move that would compare."

"I don't know, if you did have some thing fancy, it might make me lose my mind." They laughed softly. "Just the normal stuff you do to me makes my insides all chaotic and twirly."

"Is that a good thing?" he wondered with a broad smile on his face.

"Mmmhmm, you bet it is."

They made soft moaning sounds and murmurs, their bodies ebbing and flowing together for 15 minutes William went at a slow pace, wanting to draw out their lovemaking as long as he could. Buffy didn't make his goal an easy one, what with the little nasties she whispered as she clutched his shaft inside of her, and she came twice more.

William stopped to wipe beads of sweat from his brow. Buffy raised her legs up and put them on his shoulders, her feet touching behind his neck.

William kissed her left calf. "My word, I can't get over what a limber li'l thing you are!"

She giggled and wriggled her feet. "Yes, I am. Not a contortionist, but I'm quite bendy."

"Mmmmm," he agreed, resuming his thrusting.

Buffy moaned and ran her hands up and down his biceps. "Fuck me hard now, William. I want it hard." Slow and gentle lovemaking was amazing, but they were both now in the mood for some headboard rattling, ass-slappin' sex.

William's rhythm quickened, his cock dove into her harder and harder.

Buffy clenched her toes, feeling another climax building fast. "Oh God! Y-Yes! Cum with me, baby!" she yelled and arched up.

Her request was like magic, he felt his testicles draw up suddenly and he started spurting inside of her with a strangled cry. His rhythm faltered for a moment, then he fucked her vigorously as her pussy quaked around his cock. He fired off ten sizeable wads before he was spent.

They collapsed against each other in post-orgasmic bliss. Buffy moved her legs down from his shoulders, feeling completely relaxed and sated (for the moment).

"I love you, Buffy," William whispered and kissed her ear.

"I love you too, William." She ran her fingers through his perspiration-damp hair.

William kissed her lips, then rolled off to lay on his back. Buffy cuddled with him, her hand traveled unhurriedly over his chest and abs.

"Bloody hell..." he panted. "I didn't think I'd cum that much. After how many times I did last night, I thought maybe only air would come out."

Buffy tittered. "Nope, definitely not air. And, God, how I love feeling you cum inside me." She kissed his chest, then they rested a few minutes in silence . "Hmm, I noticed your bathroom has a really big shower when I was in there," she said, smiling in a way that said she had more naughtiness on her mind.

He looked at her, smiling and raising an eyebrow. "Yes, I suppose it could fit two, couldn't it?"

"Let's test that theory in a few minutes. I wanna lay here in your arms for a while longer first." She laid her head back down on his chest.

William put his arms around her, holding her close.

This was how it was meant to be, there wasn't a doubt in either of their minds. They were meant to be.