The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 9- Exposed

Synopsis/ Buffy comes clean. Spike gets a very big surprise. Guess who./

 
February 17, 2002

Everyone was staring, mostly with shock. Except Xander, who seemed to have come to a sudden revelation.

Buffy sat up straight. She surveyed the group. Determination filled her.

“I’m sick of hiding. I’m tired of trying to be right. Yes, I love Spike, I can admit it now. I’m not proud of it, I don’t want to, but I do,” she told them.

“Have you lost your mind?” Xander burst out.

Frustration built up. “Maybe I have. All I know is I feel the most complete when I’m with him. Ever since I’ve been back. . . I feel lost. But now around him, he understands me.”

Willow, who was sitting next to Bufy, touched her arm. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“I was scared, Will, and . . . ashamed. I mean, Spike’s an evil vampire.”

Willow gave Buffy a hug. She knew what the slayer was going through. She had felt the same way about her relationship with Tara. “You can’t help who you fall for, I should know.” The ex-witch peered up at Xander, urging him to be supportive.

A sigh came from Xander. “I don’t like this. I don’t like Spike, and I’m not going to pretend I do. But I won’t preach to you about it being insane. You already know that. And as much as I hate to say it, Spike will never leave you. So, if you want to be with him, I won’t stand in your way. But don’t expect me to watch you two smooch in public or anything. I’m going to turn my head.”

Buffy slightly smiled. “Thanks, that means a lot to me.”

Spike propped his feet on the table. He leaned back and put his arms behind his head. “This is a touching moment you lot got here, but I sort of want to get back to where I belong, so if you could. . .”

The slayer glared at him. Then she turned to Anya. “Is there a way to fix this time fold? I don’t know how much I can take. I want my Spike back.”

“I don’t know of a way. That doesn’t mean there isn’t one, though,” Anya answered.

Willow gave Buffy a reassuring look. “We’ll research. If there’s a way, we will find it.”
Buffy nodded. She was empty inside. She glanced over at Spike. He was the person she loved. . . yet not. It was so confusing. She hated the way he acted, but she still wanted to get lost in his arms.

The gang gathered books, except Anya who was dealing with costumers. Spike just sat there.

After a couple minutes, he said,” This is bloody boring.”

Buffy raised her head. She grabbed the thickest book she could find and threw it at him. He caught it. “Hey now!” he exclaimed.

“Make yourself useful,” she instructed.

“Can’t I leave?”

“Fine, do what you like. It’s daylight out, and I doubt you’d like to rush around town flaming, though. If you’re a good vampire and wait a couple hours, I’ll drive you to your crypt,” she told him.

Spike dropped the book on the table with great force. He violently flung I open, and began to scan the pages.

*+*+*+*

After a long, tedious time of worthless research, the scoobies decided to quit for the day.

Buffy drove Spike to the cemetery. She had recently received her license after Dawn complained about transportation problems.

“I trust that you will stay put. I can’t have you wandering around eating civilians. Tonight, I’m gonna patrol, so don’t be surprised if I drop by to check up on you.”

“So I’m under surveillance?”

“I don’t trust you. That’s all.”

He nodded and got out of the SUV. He ran to his crypt, managing to not fry.

The darkened sanctuary was refreshing. He examined the place. A smile appeared on his lips at the sight of the television. He was rather impressed wit the furniture and rugs.

His eyes traveled to the ladder leading downward. He recalled being down there with Buffy. The thought made him shiver.

For no reason he caught himself descending to the lower level. What he found there could have started his heart.

There, on his king-sized bed, was Drusilla. She was stretched on her back, beautiful in the nude.

She lifted slightly and said, “Hello, William, I’ve been waiting for you.”

______________________________________

Sorry, this was a short chapter. I kind of struggled on Xander’s reaction. I wanted him to be upset, but not stand in the way. Did I pull it off? Warning about the next chapter, *cough* it involves Drusilla and Spike. Um. . . You know. And, sorry if that may disgust some of you, but it isn’t that detailed. And let me remind you, I’m a total B/S shipper, so there has to be some sort of twist to shift things, let me assure you.