The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 15- Rude Awakening

Synopsis/ All Buffys and Spikeys have a very interesting awakening./

February 20, 2002

Buffy awoke feeling very content. She turned her head, finding out why. Spike was snoozing peacefully next to her. She snuggled closer to him. She had missed his touch so much. That night had been . . . well, wonderful. And surprisingly, not very violent. This was chipless Spike, and still he was more gentle than the chipped had been. Could it be because she had told him she loved him? Was that what made the difference?

Her fingers lightly traced his perfectly sculpted cheekbone. A smile formed on her lips. He was so beautiful. She had never met a man that filled her with so much desire before. She longed for him to wake up. The spot between her legs burned for another go.

Then she took in where they were. The cemetery still surrounded them. She lifted her gaze to the sky. There was a hint of the approaching morning. Her eyes widened. She took a hand and shook the vampire beside her. “Spike, wake up!”

He rolled over, not obeying.

She rocked him harder. “You dumbass! Do you want to burn up? The sun’s rising!”

That did it. His eyes opened and he shot up. He grabbed the slayer’s hand, pulling her. “Let’s go to my crypt.”

She let him drag her inside his dark dwelling. She heard him give a sigh of relief, knowing he had escaped the coming rays. Her brain processed what had happened, and she burst out laughing.

Spike glared. “S’ not funny,” he told her.

That made her laugh more. She pointed at him.

“What?” he asked, annoyed.

“You. . . left your. . .” She fought for control. “Clothes outside.” She held up her retrieved garments, that she managed to get before dashing inside.

Spike looked down at himself. Sure enough, he was butt-naked. He smirked, focusing back on her. “I was too busy worry’n about Mr. Sunshine.” He stepped forward. “This isn’t exactly a problem, slayer.” His voice was deep and hungry. He brought her smashing against him.

A moan escaped her lips, sensing his growing erection. She roamed to his ass, pushing him closer. “No, it’s not,” she agreed.

Somehow they were able to make it to the bed.

* + * + * +*

Buffy and Spike lay exhausted in his silken sheets. They had gone through a couple rounds, and couldn’t go anymore.

Buffy suddenly sat up. She met Spike’s eyes. Realization was shown on her features. “What are you going to do when I leave?”

Confusion crossed his face. “I don’t know, why?”

She swallowed. “You don’t have anything holding you back.”

Comprehension came over him. “Oh, you’re afraid I’m gonna go get myself a happy meal,” he stated.

“I just . . . Spike, you are a killer. It’s in your instincts, it’s what you’re meant to do. Now I have to know, are you going to feed off people?”

There was a long silence. Finally, Spike said, “I dunno.”

She raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know? Well I suggest you figure it out. I have to know if I can love you or not. Because, I can’t be with a murderer, got it? It’s against who I am.”

“Well, your do gooder ways are against who I am. Are you suggesting I go against my nature?” Spike questioned. He raised himself up on his elbow, staring at her intently.

“Yes,” she replied. “If you want to be with me, yes.”

Spike sat up. He nodded. “I can’t pretend to care about any of the pathetic humans walkin’ around. But I love you. So, I’ll try to control myself,” he informed.

It wasn’t satisfactory, she knew. He was still a beast at bay. But, she cared about him so much, and she didn’t think that she could go another day without him. “That’ll do. For now.”
With that, Buffy leaned over to kiss him.

May 13, 1998

Buffy blinked. She saw her friends gather round. She moaned, struggling to sit up.

“Buffy, you’re awake,” Willow confirmed.

“Yeah, I’m awake,” she muttered, groggily. Alertness took over when she remembered what happened. Her head flung to the side. Spike lay there, unmoving, eyes shut.

Her hand came to rest on his shoulder. She looked at Willow. “Why isn’t he waking up?”

Giles frowned. “He was coming back with you?”

“Yes, I convinced him to,” she explained.

“Buffy, it’s been all most six hours. I think it’s too late for him to come back even if he wanted to,” he watcher expressed.

The words filled her with dread. They sunk deep, cutting into her chest. She shook her head. “No,” she protested. Her eyes widened. “He just needs a healthy body to come back to. We need to do the healing spell.”

Xander came over. “This is insane. Give up, already.”

Her menacing gaze made him take a step back. “I will not give up! I don’t give up, ever! Slayers don’t do that!”

Buffy turned to Willow. “Get all the stuff to do it. Please.”

Willow nodded. She went off to get the magic supplies. Before she did, she saw a pitiful look. And Buffy knew. They all thought she was crazy. She probably was too. But she didn’t care. She couldn’t let him die. Why? she wondered. Because, because he saved my life. Is that all, Buffy? Yes. Then why did you kiss him before? As a gift of thanks. Why on the lips then? Grrr.

Willow came back with an armful of things. She mixed a bowl of herbs. Buffy watched with heaviness. These plants were going to save him? They didn’t make her feel confident.

The witch said a few odd phrases, moving her hands over the blend. Then she went over to Spike. She took a handful of herbs, sprinkling them on him. Some more incoherent words sprang from her mouth. Soon, the entire contents had been spread over Spike.

Willow raised her arms. She lifted her head to the ceiling. “Cantaga conto vuga lago!” After saying that, she jarred out of her magical daze.

All eyes went to Spike. The herbs seemed to evaporate. While doing so, his body began to convulse. Buffy yelped in alarm. “Is this supposed to happen?”

“I . . . I don’t know,” Willow confessed.

Soon Spike jerked less, and then finally stopped. Stillness settled over the room. Not caring what her friends thought, Buffy went over to Spike. She knelt beside him.

She took a hand and gently stirred him. “Spike?” She held her breath in wait. When there was no response, she could feel warm tears fall. She closed her eyes, succumbing to her sorrow. She had failed.

Going into his mind had been for nothing. It only allowed her to see what kind of person he was. Know how much he loved her. God, all it did was make his loss more painful.

Something brushed her tears away. Her eyes came open. She froze, being caught by blue orbs.

“Hello, there,” she heard him say.

Taking a moment to process, she didn’t react at first. But after she did, a huge smile hit her. “Hello, yourself.”

Not being able to stand it anymore, Buffy threw herself at him. “I thought you were gone,” she admitted.

He snorted. “Can’t get rid of me that easy.”

Spike took in their location. He stiffened, also seeing who was around them. There was an audience. “Uh, hello all,” the vampire greeted to a very stunned Giles, Willow, and Xander.

____________________________________________________

Very proud of myself, got this out rather quick. And this is a good chapter, it satisfies my standards. Well, hoped you all liked it too.