The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 13- Desire

Synopsis/ Buffy goes into Spike’s fantasy world. Then, in 2002, Spike and Buffy face their feelings. /

 
May 13, 1998

They carefully moved Spike to the floor. Willow instructed Buffy to lay down beside him. Buffy complied, feeling a little awkward.

Xander handed Willow items as she chanted. She walked around Buffy and Spike in a circle.

Mind to body
Body to soul
What is lost is found
What is real is gone

A sinking sensation came over Buffy, like she was seeking into the floor. Darkness filled her vision. The next thing she knew, someone was kissing her forehead.

“Morning, sunshine.” She recognized that voice, it was definitely British.

She realized her eyes were closed, and fluttered them open. A bleached-blond man came into view. His hair was disheveled, and he was only wearing blue boxers. He smiled down on her from his seat next to her.

“There you are, luv, fraid you’d sleep all day.”

Buffy managed to sit up. She became aware of the window, which allowed light to stream through the blinds. She gasped, turning back to Spike. Then she took in his tanned skin. “You’re not burning up,” she observed vocally.

A chuckle escaped him. “No need to tease me about that nasty sunburn.”

Buffy blinked. “What?”

Spike leaned down. His lips took her so much by surprise that she didn’t have time to resist. He pulled back. “Lay off now, it’s almost healed. It was your fault anyways, not wanting to leave and all. Anyone ever told you that more than three hours on the beach is bad?”

Her mouth parted in a gape.

There was a knock on the door. “Buffy? Spike? Breakfast is ready,” someone called.

Spike stood up off the bed. “We’ll be right down, Joyce.”

What, he lived her? In her house, with her mother?
She watched him as he grabbed a pair of jeans to wear. They were followed a green t-shirt.

Buffy struggled to get to her feet. As she did so, she gasped. Her stomach was. . . round. Her hand went to it in shock. “I’m pregnant?” she muttered.

Spike came over. His arms wrapped around her. “We’ve known for five months and it’s still hard to believe, I know.” He smiled at her.

She shook her head. “This isn’t real, Spike. You made this all up.”

He began to nuzzle her neck. “It is too good to be true.”

With a slight push, she got him off her. “Listen to me, we have to. . .”

“Buffy, Spike, get your butts down here!” came a young female voice. “I’m going to eat all the muffins if you don’t!”

Whoever had yelled that was unfamiliar to Buffy.

Spike tugged on her arm. “Better get down there before nibblet gets all the food,” he expressed.

Taken by confusion, she let him lead her downstairs. Entering the kitchen, she became aware of her mother and a teenage girl.

“Finally,” said the girl. “What were you two doing up there? Was it something I can’t know about?”

“Dawn!” Joyce scolded.

“Mom, I know where babies come from, they must by doing the nasty now and then.”

Spike laughed. “No, bit, we weren’t doing anything indecent.” He whispered for only Buffy to hear, “We did that last night.”

Her eyes widened. What a world he had here. Who would have guessed that he longed for a family. With her.

They all went into the dining room. Buffy kept a curious eye on Dawn. She was her sister. A strange, yet comforting feeling.

“So, what do you two plan on doing today?” Joyce asked the couple.

Spike swallowed some bacon. “We’re going too look at houses,” he informed.

“Be sure to get one with three bedrooms. I want at least on more grandchild before you’re done.”

Buffy’s head spun as she listened to the conversation. They were a normal, happy family. She almost wished it were real.

“Luv, are you all right? You’ve hardly eaten a thing. You know vitamins are essential for the baby. At least eat the eggs, they have lots of protein.” Spike had an expression of concern on his face.

She took in a deep breath. “Spike, we have to talk.”

Total worry came over him. He set down his fork. “Okay, Buffy, let’s go into the living room.”

Both of them left the table for the couch. Buffy didn’t want to look at him. This was going to shatter his dreams. For some reason that hurt her.

“What is it?” Spike questioned.

“This whole thing was made up. You’re not human, you’re still a. . .”

A gasp escaped her. Spike touched her arm. “Pet, what is wrong?”

There it was again, a jab in her stomach. Her fingers rested over the spot. She stared down in amazement. “Oh my God. Something is alive in there.”

“Maybe you should lie down,” Spike suggested.

She shook her head. She met his gaze. Tears shimmered in her eyes. “We’re having a baby,” she murmured.

A radiant grin spread over his lips. He moved closer, kissing her softly. It was so right. Her arms went around him, never wanting this to end.

That was when everything from the outside slipped away. All that was left was the world Spike had created for them.

February 19, 2002

Spike walked the cemetery, trying to clear his head. He was so mixed up. He no longer knew who he was anymore. His whole identity had blown away in the wind.

Just then the very person he dreaded to find came into view. She was twirling a stake, coming closer. She halted when she saw him.

“Spike.”

“Slayer.”

“What do you want, Spike?”

He growled. “I want to fight.”

She sighed. She stuffed the stake into her pocket. “Fine, if that’s what you want.”

Spike charged at her. She was ready for him and blocked his swing. The matched each other’s strength and agility. Adrenaline flowed, frustration breaking free.

Buffy sent a kick in his side. He savored the pain that shot through him.

Spike hit her in the face. Her head threw back. “I hate you!” he spat. He punched again. “I hate you for making me love you!”

She ducked his next blow. She sent her own. “I hate you too! You make me hate myself because. . .” Her foot met his stomach. “I love you!”

He regained his balance. A smirk appeared on his mouth. “I tried to stop.”

“So did I,” she answered.

They stepped toward each other until only an inch separated them. He could feel her hot breath and beating heart.

“Buffy.”

“Spike.”

Their lips locked. Arms wrapped around the other. They stumbled into a tombstone. A minute later, both were on the ground. Limbs tangled together.

Buffy sensed his coolness, and him her sizzling skin. Hands were everywhere.

Panting, Spike gasped out,” Oh, Buffy, I want you.”

She moaned. “Take me then, I’m yours.”

So he did. They made love amongst the graves, in the depth of darkness.

_______________________________________________

Well, he he he, there you have it. Now, I just want to say that right now these times are separate from each other. But, when the past Spike gets sent home, well he can very well change things now can’t he. : ) Hint hint hint.