The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 10- Destruction

Synopsis/ Drusilla and Spike have a little reunion. Then in 1998, Buffy comes to fetch Spike. /

 
February 17, 2002

Spike stood there, frozen. “Dru?”

She grinned at him. “Miss Edith whispered for me to come back. She says my Spike has returned. Is it true? Say it’s so.”

He crawled ontop of her bare skin. The cold body beneath him felt so inviting.

“That’s right, baby, the big bad is back. Want me to show you how bad I am?”

“Oh, yes, please,” she chirped.

Spike discarded his clothing in a frenzy. Then he rushed at his sire in an animal passion.

It was as if he had never been caught in a time fold. As if Angelus had never put his hands on his mate. It was like it used to be, just the two of them. This was the way it was supposed to be.

Drusilla arched her back in pleasure. Her long nails dug into his flesh, causing blood to seep out. The pain was intoxicating.

She cried out about seeing the stars as he licked her hardened nipple. He had missed her rantings, even if they were tiresome at times.

He plunged into her hard. She screamed, a shattering explosion of emotion. He moved faster and more rough. Reaching his peak, his game face emerged. Hers followed.

Ripples of ecstatic electricity ran through them. A calm settled straight after.

Spike gazed into the dark depths of her eyes. And he saw nothing. Not hate, hurt, or love. A void of hollowness.

His features shifted back to human form. He slid off her, not sure what came over him.

She looked over at him with concern. “What is wrong with you? Was it not pleasuring?” She snapped her teeth. “I can be more naughty. Would you like Mommy to bite you this time?”

He blinked. “In a minute, pet.”

Something as wrong with him. He had been enjoying himself tremendously while shagging. Afterwards, it was. . .

Drusilla pulled away from him. “It’s her, isn’t it?” she accused.

“What ,“ he asked, confused.

“You’re my Spike, but she still floats around your brain. I can smell her, she’s covered all over you. Why didn’t I see it before?” She retrieved her disheveled dress.

Spike propped himself on one elbow. “What in the bleeding hell are you goin on about!?”

Her expression was filled with grief. “The slayer.”

It took a moment for him to process her words. Then he laughed. “That’s . . . Buffy’s my enemy. We dispise each other. Or, well. . . I do her.”

Drusilla ignored him. She climbed up to ground-level. Spike traveled behind her.

“We can team up again, luv, kill her. Would that make you happy? We can still dance on her grave, you and me,” he pleaded.

“You couldn’t do it. Not back then, and not now. She’s gotten stronger. You wouldn’t go through with it even if you had a chance.”

She sounded sane, right then. He’d never heard her be so reasonable before.

Desperate, he proposed,” We can go somewhere. I’ll take you anywhere you’d like to go.”

Drusilla shook her head. She stepped toward the door. He snatched her arm, keeping her from going.

“You are staying with me, Dru. We belong together.”

She wriggled in his grip. “No, no! The stars call to me, the stars call!”

He held her tighter. Tears stung her eyes. “The stars!” she wailed.

Spike touched her pale cheek. “Come on, baby, we can be a family again.”

She yelled out. Her hand came up, and she scratched his face. “The stars are my family.” She looked up to the ceiling. She swayed. “They dance with me.”

Spike released her. His poor Drusilla.

Gracefully, she danced to the door. Then she was gone.

Rage flared through him. It was too much to bear. He took an empty whiskey bottle and threw it at the wall. Glass shattered into shards.

“I’ll kill you, slayer! I swear I’ll kill you!” he shrieked.

*+*+*+*

May 13, 1998

It had been three days. He was going to explode, being impatient and bored. He had almost gone to confront Buffy the night before, but hen her face popped in his head. Her being so sad as she stabbed his grandsire. She needed to recooperate. A sane, well minded, slayer was his best bet at getting him home.

Just then, Buffy burst in. His head snapped up in her direction.

She scrunched up her nose. “You live here?”

“Yeh, luv, fraid so. It’s right nice in the future. Got furniture and everything. Even have the telly.” He said all this with pride.

“I’m sure you’re eager to get back to it. I didn’t forget about you.”

Spike hopped off the sarcophagus. “So, the scoobies are ready to roll?”

She nodded. “They’re at the library. The gang’s kinda wondering what for.”

“You didn’t tell them?”

She sighed. “I don’t know how. What would I say? ‘Hey, we’re gonna help Spike. Yeah, the vampire who wanted to kill us four days ago. But this one’s from the future.’ ”

“Well, they always did say seeing is believing.”

“Come on, let’s go get this over with.”

They ventured out into the graveyard. He was surprised when she handed him a stake. It brought a smile to his mouth.

“We might meet a few fangy friends,” she explained.

“It has been pretty active out here lately,” he agreed.

She turned in amazement. “You’ve been patrolling? By yourself?”

He shrugged. “What else is there to do? Besides, need to release all that built-up energy somewhere.”

Giving him a peculiar look, she replied,” Uh. . . right.”

The couple went on. Suddenly, a green creature hurdled at Buffy. She was caught off-guard, her stake flying out of her hand.

Spike was about to go help when another one came at him. It had piercing, glowing red eyes. Pale green fins ran down its back. He fought the demon, while Buffy battled her own.

The thing snarled, trying to swipe at Spike. “Don’t think so.”

Spike kicked the demon in the stomach. It stumbled back. Spike reacted by moving to break his neck. He did with not too much trouble.

After killing the monster, Spike spun to see how Buffy was doing. She was busy blocking the demon’s attacks.

Spike’s eyes widened as sharp claws patruded from the demon’s fingers. It was preparing ot strike.

Without thinking, Spike crashed into the demon before it could hurt Buffy. The demon was knocked away from her. It scrambled to its feet again, then charged at Spike. The demon ended up scratching him. Its nails tore through his t-shirt, digging into his chest.

Buffy sneaked up behind the demon. She cracked his neck. She looked over at Spike. He was doubled over.

“It wasn’t that bad, it’ll heal,” she told him, coming closer.

He collapsed to the ground. Surprise, Buffy knelt beside him. He winced in pain.

Tearing his shirt, she examined the wound. “I don’t understand, it’s not deep.”

“Elctra demon. Poisoness,” he rasped. “Even to vampires.”

She gaped. “What? Why would you do that? Why would you pust it away, knowing it would scratch you instead?”

Spike smiled, weakly. He reached up and touched her face. “You haven’t figured it out yet?” He swallowed. “I love you.”

With that, the vampire fell unconscious.

___________________________________________________
That was a fun chapter to write. I hope you all enjoyed it.