The first thing she felt was a warm comfortable bed and the warmth of the sun warming her face where it peeped through the curtains. Everything was right with the world until the headache started. She timidly clapped a hand to her head and howled in pain. She had never had a hangover but she guessed this was what one was. She was about to get up out of bed when she heard the chuckling and her eyes snapped open to stare at the source of the laugh. Spike! In her room…in morning time.

“Spike?”
“Morning pet. Your head hurting?” He asked as he moved closer to her. She nodded mutely and took the painkillers he handed her with a thankful smile.
“What happened?” She asked as she tried to remember what happened last night after her 3rd or 4th bottle.
“I brought you home cos you passed out in the bathroom. Didn’t want to leave you here alone when you were that drunk so I slept in your roommates bed. Don’t mind do you?” He asked knowing he had gained points when he saw the smile blossom on her face.

He cares that much! He spent the night just to keep me safe! She was doing a little dance inside but just nodded at him with a little smile.
“Thanks. Sorry im not much of a drinker.” She admitted sheepishly.
“You should have told me luv.” he smiled.

Man he was good! The way she was looking at him he would be surprised if it would take a week before he bedded her.

“Look I brought you coffee and some breakfast but I thought you might like to shower before you actually had it.” He grinned knowing exactly what she was going through.
“You’re a god send.” She moaned before going to her dresser picking up a change of clothes and her toiletries and leaving the room with a smirking Spike behind.

“Hmmm this is some nice coffee.” Buffy moaned taking a light sip while she nibbled on her bagel.
“Yeah its from The Espresso Pump. ..right nice place it is. Maybe we can go there sometime.” He shrugged hiding his smirk when he saw her stop moving suddenly.
“Like a…date?” She asked gulping nervously.
“Well uh yeah.” He said giving her his best shy nervous smile which immediately melted into a leering grin when she squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“So I gotta get moving I got some serious studying to do. I’ll meet you tomorrow morning okay?” He said softly as he stood in her doorway saying goodbye.
“Yeah. That would be great.” She nodded still in awe that he had asked her out.
“Well then goodbye Buffy.” he smiled kissing her cheek softly before backing away. Buffy didn’t move from where she stood, her hand touching the place his lips had touched almost reverently and that was how Willow found her.
“Are you okay?” She asked her friend worriedly as soon as she saw the distant look in her friends eyes. Buffy’s smile and squeal was answer enough though.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Here you go you bastard.” Angel grumbled good naturedly dropping the roll of money on the table on which Spike was sitting. Parker, Riley and Forrest all took seats next to Angel also giving Spike annoyed looks.
“What’s that for?” Spike asked picking up the wad of money.
“200 bucks each. You won.” Angel grumbled really annoyed that the blonde had won for the third year running.
“What? No I haven’t. I aint fucked her yet.” Spike shrugged dropping the roll of money back on the table.

“You didn’t!? Then where did you spend the night last night?” Parker asked confused.
“In Buffy’s room. I slept on a separate bed is all. She’s a virgin remember she wasn’t just gunna jump into bed with me so soon.” Spike explained.

“She was wasted dude! She was easy pickings! Has our Spikey gone all soft?” Forrest asked to the amused chuckles of the guys. Spike however didn’t find it funny at all and he practically growled at the boy.

“I have not gone soft you tosser. I got a bloody good plan all right! She’s a gorgeous piece of ass and if I had just fucked her last night then I wouldn’t get a second go now would I? I get her to fall for me and she’ll be following me around like a puppy! Besides none of you have got closer than I have so when any of you limp dicks get a poke at her then we can discuss my tactics okay?” He snapped.

“Jesus okay Spike. Calm down. We know you. We don’t think you’ve gone all warm and fluffy god I don’t think you can be soft okay so calm down.” Riley assured him.
“Yeah sorry dude never thought about it your way.” Forrest apologised.
“You may as well take the money anyway Spike. None of us have got a chance now.” Angel sighed handing the money to him again. Spike just shrugged and tucked the money into his pocket.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Oh my god he’s gunna be here any minute!” Buffy panicked as she rushed to apply her make up.
“Calm down Buffy. You look great as always.” Willow laughed watching how happy and excited her friend seemed.
“Oh god he’s here.” Buffy said her face draining of colour when she heard the knock on the door.
“Okay go go. You look great.” Willow encouraged her, pushing her to the door and opening it.

“Morning ladies.” Spike smiled charmingly at the two girls who opened the door.
“These are for you.” He smiled handing Buffy one red rose and handing Willow a white one.
“Aww thanks!” Willow beamed liking this guy already. Buffy sure had a great catch here she was sure of it.
“Thank you.” She smiled handing hers to Willow so she could put them both in water.
“Ready to go ducks?” he asked holding out his arm which she linked hers through. Spike held his chin up high acting like a snotty rich gentleman while Buffy giggled at him. He was so cute!

“So how are you liking college?” Spike asked. They were on their second cup of coffee by now and hadn’t run out of things to talk about.
“Its been amazing. I love the classes love the professors and everyone is really friendly and nice.” Buffy smiled.
“Im one of those friendly and nice people right?” He joked.
“Of course.” Buffy laughed.
“Good cause I was planning on taking you to lunch and I so wasn’t going to pay if you didn’t like me.”
“Lucky I do then right?” She smiled shyly.

They ended up at a small diner just down the road from The Espresso Pump. It was done out like a diner from the 60’s and they even had girls were on roller skates. Spike’s eyes had widened comically when he found out how much Buffy ordered.
“No way will you eat all that.” he snorted at her order of a cheese burger with extra bacon a large order of chilli fries a side order of onion rings and a large chocolate milk shake.
“Wanna bet?” She grinned.
“Well if you do it’s a miracle. You’re bloody tiny!” He exclaimed.
“Yeah but im one of those people who can eat what she wants and not gain any weight. Its great…besides I eat a lot cause I need the energy. I do karate, kickboxing and yoga.”

Spike perked up when he heard that.
“You do karate? What belt?” He asked.
“Black.” She admitted with a proud grin.
“Seriously? So am I!” Spike replied excitedly. He had never met someone who was into karate as much as him and he immediately launched into a debate with her about it barely noticing when their food came.
Half an hour later and Spike watched with a hint of admiration as Buffy swallowed the last bite of onion ring on her plate.

She had cleared the plate completely and Spike had to praise her for that. Not even he could have eaten that much. Spike paid the bill and took her hand as they walked back to campus together. Neither were in a rush and Buffy couldn’t wipe the smile from her face. He was holding her hand and they had spent practically all day together!

When they got back to her dorm it was almost three and she let go of his hand with a sigh.
“Well then I guess this is goodbye.” She smiled.
“Yeah….have a good time?” He asked.
“The best.” She beamed.
“So we can do it again then? How about we have lunch some time this week?” Spike suggested.
“Really? Yeah sure!”
“Tuesday?” He asked knowing he had no classes that day.
“I have one class at eight but im free after that.” She nodded happily.

She thought she looked like a fool with how much she was smiling but her smile only got bigger when he leant down and captured her lips with his soft ones. Her eyes fluttered closed at the contact and Spike kept his eyes open watching her and smirking into the kiss when he saw her melt. He wrapped his arms around her waist and swept her bottom lip with his tongue groaning when her mouth opened to give him access. She was surprisingly good at this and he found himself getting caught up in the kiss too. It wasn’t until she had to break away to breathe that he realised what had happened and he shook his head trying to clear the haze as he took a step back.

“I guess I’ll see you then.” He faked a smile at her. She didn’t seem to notice however and she just nodded with a huge goofy grin on her face. He turned around and left rather quickly banging his head against the door when he got outside the building.
What was wrong with him! He had never gotten that lost in a kiss before! He had almost completely forgotten who he was.

“Spike?” He looked up when he heard his name be called and he grinned when he spotted the brunette beauty in front of him. Just the perfect distraction!
“Claire! Just the person I was looking to see.” He grinned walking closer.
“I….you came here looking for me?” She asked nervously with a bit of hope tinting her voice.
“Of course sweetie! Who else would I be here for?” He smiled while inside he was laughing. Who else would I be here for? Maybe the other 11 girls he had had sex with in this building!
“I…I thought…you said you didn’t want to…you haven’t called.” She stammered.
“I know baby and im so sorry. I’ve been real busy…look why don’t we take this somewhere more private?” he asked waggling his eyebrows suggestively. Claire blushed a bright pink but couldn’t help her smile that he wanted her again.
“Sure.”