Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone who has reviewed! Sorry I haven't updated this week I have been sick. Thanks for readng!
“No I don’t think you’re leaving…just yet,.” he smiled as his eyes flashed yellow.

Buffy heartbeat thundered in her ears. She knew that the vampire pressed against her had the advantage. His hold on her was that of a predator trapping it’s prey. She had to put some distance between their bodies, both forher own safety and reasons she was not yet prepared to admit.

Buffy relaxed her stance allowing her body to go lax. Hoping to distract him, she wiggled her hips pressing against his erection. Spike growled gripping her tighter. Well that backfired she thought panting. Spike buried his face in the crook of her neck. When she felt his fangs gently scrape along her jugular, a jolt of electricity that shot through her body, leaving a familiar burn in her stomach.

Buffy could feel her resolve weakening. Luckily Spike was also feeling her body begin to submit to his charms. His hold weakened momentarily giving the slayer just enough time to shove his body away and bring her foot up to kick him in the chest.

The vampire flew across the alley slamming hard into a row of dumpsters. Spike quickly recovered and was on his feet.

“There’s my feisty girl,” the vampire taunted bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“I’m not your girl!,” Buffy spat closing the distance between them.

She kicked him forcefully in the head, knocking him back into a pile of trash. Before falling, Spike grabbed her leg and launched the slayer into the wall.

Struggling to stand, Buffy immediately notices Spike is still on the ground. Her eyes widen when she sees the large broken mirror, the vampire had landed on.

“Oh my God!” She yelled limping toward the vamp.

Approaching him, she notices large shards of glass protruding from his torso. He was losing blood rapidly, Buffy knew she had to tend to his wounds.

“Come on,” she said offering her hand.

Spike looked at her questioningly for a moment, then took her hand. Buffy grabbed his arm and wrapped it around her shoulder walking towards the end of the alley.

Spike stopped suddenly ,“where are we going?”

“My apartment is a couple blocks away.” Buffy answers quickly, not able to meet his gaze.

Nodding Spike allowed the slayer to lead him the short distance to her apartment. Neither one spoke a word as she fumbled with her key and opened the door. Releasing her grasp she turned to him.

“Look, the only way for me to patch you up, is to invite you in. I have stakes all around my apartment and if you even think about coming near me, you’re dust! Do we understand each other?”

Spike smirked nodding.

Buffy sighed, “okay come in Spike.”

The invisible barrier disappeared and the two walked into the tiny apartment. Spike was shocked at how the slayer was living. It was a too small to even really call it a studio apartment. It was more like one small room. The only furnishings were a double bed, a small, dingy recliner and a television set. It was dank and dark, not at all like the pink, frilly room he imagined her having. The walls were covered in torn wallpaper, yellowed by smoke and time. The once plush carpet, was worn and stained.

He was about to make a snide comment about the shabby accommodations when he saw the uncertainty in her eyes. She is embarrassed he realized. He knew the demon in him should have relished in her shame, but the man in him wanted nothing more than to put her mind at ease.

“Thanks, this is much better than where I’m staying,” Spike lied

Buffy gave him a small smile and lead him to the small bathroom. She carefully removed his duster and hung it on the back of the door. When she lifted his shirt over his head she saw his body flinch with pain.

“Do you want something…to numb the pain?” Buffy offered.

Spike raised an eyebrow, “that depends what are you offering.”

Buffy’s eyes widened ,“you’re a pig Spike, I was offering some liquor, nothing else!”

“And you’re going to need blood,” Buffy commented surveying his wounds. “I’m not sure where the closest butcher is…”

Buffy was abruptly cut off. “I’m not drinking that bloody pig swill! I’m not some neutered vamp like your precious Angel…”

Spike’s words were halted by a fist slamming in his face. Falling back into the shower stall, he was immediately grabbed around the throat by a very pissed off slayer.

“Unless you want to be a big pile of dust, don’t ever let me hear you say that name again.”

And there it was. It all made sense now He knew Angelus was sucked into Hell, the pixies had told Dru and he had felt it through their familial connection. This must be the reason the slayer had been living like this. The reason she had run and allowed those vamps to get the better of her. Buffy must somehow think this is her penance.

Nodding, Spike struggled to his feet, then sat quietly on the corner of the sink, while she tended to his wounds. He couldn’t ignore how good it felt to have her hot little hands skim across his naked skin. It had been too long since he had been touched.

Spike knew what it was like to feel alone. After pairing up with the slayer, to stop Angelus, Dru had refused to forgive him. She even tried to dust him in his sleep, wailing that her daddy was gone. She had even gone as far as to say that the slayer had covered him in sunshine. He had been wandering around for months before coming to L.A.

“Why are you doing this?” Spike asked suddenly.

“You saved me… now we are even.” Buffy shrugged standing back to survey her handy work.

“Okay you are all patched up,” she smiled exiting the bathroom.

Putting some distance between her and the vamp, she let out a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding.

“Where are you staying?” She asked tentatively.

“I was staying at a warehouse across town, but it is too close to sunrise to make it there now.”

Buffy’s eyes widened “You can’t stay here!”

“So what you just patched me up to send me out into the sunlight?”

Buffy furrowed her brow. This was not part of the plan. Quickly scanning the room, she knew this was a bad idea. It wouldn’t be safe for her to sleep with a master vampire in her apartment.

“Okay, but you have to sleep on the floor,” she crossed her arms defiantly.

Spike crossed the small room and plopped down on the bed.

“Oh come on slayer, you can’t really expect me to sleep on the floor after how badly you injured me.” He said with a mock pout.

“Besides there is plenty of room for both of us.” He smirked as he patted the empty half of the bed.



Please leave a review