Chapter 7: Breathless


Days passed in emotional misery...

Buffy mentally pulled herself together. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Spike opened his front door, blinking at the brightness of the afternoon sunlight. He looked startled to see her.

"Buffy...I--I told you I needed time to--to think..." He swallowed a lump in his throat. She looked just as amazingly beautiful as ever.

"Um, I know." She looked down. Spike saw the sadness in her face now. It was obvious that Buffy had been going through a rough time herself. "But it's Friday. My lesson day. I had to come or my mom would have wondered why."

Spike blinked again. "It's been a week?" he asked incredulously. On one hand, it had seemed like an eternity. On the other hand, it seemed like he'd just seen Buffy yesterday.

"Yeah, a very long week. Can I come in?"

Spike stepped aside, running a hand down over his forehead and eyes. Buffy went into the living room, not taking off her jacket or sitting down. What she had to say wouldn't take too long.

She looked at him, then around the room. The house was messy, that was unlike him. Spike usually kept a tidy home. There were cans (beer and soda) sitting around and laying on the floor, discarded pizza boxes, napkins and other trash. Spike, himself, looked unkempt too. His hair looked like he had just rolled out of bed (it looked very sexy like that though), he had a few days worth of dark stubble on his face, his black t-shirt was wrinkled.

"Sorry about the mess, I--I didn't realize what day it was. Buffy," he said, then paused, struggling to figure out what to say.

It had taken him a week, and he still kept going in the same circles about continuing a relationship with her. Spike flip-flopped: He shouldn't be with her, but he wanted to be with her. He craved her, but it was wrong to want her.

Buffy put up her hand. "Let me say something, okay?"

He closed his mouth and nodded.

Buffy took another breath, hoping to get through her speech without crying like a stupid little girl. The rehearsals in front of her mirror hadn't gone very well.

She began, "I'm not going to ask you to decide anymore." Spike's brow creased. "When you didn't call me or anything for a week after the way we left things...That was my answer. I can see that you don't really want me, I won't push you, or stalk you. I'll leave you alone." This was the hardest thing Buffy had ever had to do. But she had to be mature about it, no matter how it was killing her inside. It was best for both of them to end things as cleanly as possible.

Spike just listened to her silently. Part of him was so relieved! Buffy was taking the decision out of his hands, no more days spent fretting and worrying about what he should do. But there was another part of him that was anything but relieved.

Buffy thrust her hands into her jacket pockets, toeing a stack of newspapers at her feet.

"Let me get those out of your way," Spike said, feeling nervous and embarrassed about her seeing his house (and him) in this chaotic condition. He started to crouch down to get the trash out of her way.

"No, it's okay." Buffy waved off the offer. "I'm leaving in a minute. I only came today to tell you that you're off the hook. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered you." Buffy tried not looking at him, feeling her eyes getting wet. "I'm sorry, Spike. I seduced you and made you all crazy with guilt because of it. I--I didn't want to hurt you or cause you pain in any way. I just...I wanted you so much, I didn't care about consequences before."

Spike looked away with sorrow. "It's not your fault, Buffy. I'm the adult. I should have...I should have been stronger."

"I'm dropping the lessons with you." Spike looked up at her. "I can't...It would be too hard seeing you every week. I'll tell my mom that I quit because I got tired of trying. She'll believe that, because I always quit things that are too hard for me. You won't have to see me again." Her voice shook, Buffy couldn't look at him. "I'm really sorry that I upset you so much. I didn't mean to...I'd better go now. Bye, Spike."

Buffy hoped to make a quick retreat, so that she could cry privately.

"Don't," Spike said, just loud enough for her to hear.

She stopped, not turning around. "What?"

Spike breathed deeply, turning his head to look at her back. "Don't stop taking lessons. Don't stop coming here."

"I have to, Spike!" Buffy whirled around, almost panicking that she'd start blubbering if he didn't let her leave this second.

"Don't go."

"I can't see you and--" Buffy hated to hope, but there was more than just concern that she would stop taking piano lessons in his eyes.

It was the thought of never seeing Buffy again that finally made Spike's mind up about it. The reality hit him hard, making him realize how very much he needed her in his life. As his friend and lover. He ached to see her bright smile, her twinkling eyes and hear her sweet voice. A life devoid of Buffy was unthinkable. Spike didn't want to go back to the isolation, misery and loneliness he'd had before she came into his life. She made him feel something besides despair again. Something much more pleasant than despair. It was probably a monumentally bad decision, but he didn't care quite so much as he had before. Hell, at least he'd tried. Spike needed her in his life, the problems could be dealt with. Sixteen really wasn't that young....

Spike straightened his posture, looking directly into her eyes. "I didn't call you because...I've spent the last week holed up in this house, hating myself for being weak--and missing you, wanting you. I wanted to call you, if just to hear your voice, so many times. But I stopped myself before the call went through. I've--I've been going crazy."

"You really wanted to call me?" she asked with a hope tinged, small voice. "You missed me?"

Spike nodded, closing his eyes. His voice was rougher, "So much! I can't get you out of my bloody mind! Every time I close my eyes, you're there, imprinted on the backs of my eyelids. It's been like that for a while now. And I can't stop thinking about--about last week, when we...were together."

"Neither can I," Buffy said, short of breath. She wanted to run over to him and fling arms around him, but she wanted confirmation that he really wanted her first. She'd look and feel like a total idiot if he was going to add a 'BUT...' to the end of his speech. So, Buffy stood there waiting and listening, trying not to tremble too much.

He took another breath. "You said that morning that it had been the best night of your life." Buffy nodded vehemently in response. "It was...the best night of my life too. I don't want it to stop. I want...more with you. I want you. I'm wild about you. I can't stop wanting you, Buffy."

Spike was nervous about admitting it, but determined. He wouldn't fight his powerful feelings for the sweet blonde any longer. If he wound up in jail, then so be it. Having Buffy, for even a short time, would be worth the risk.

"Y-You do? Are you sure?" Buffy asked. The tears in her eyes were turning to tears of happiness.

"Yes. I--I can't be without you. I've tried. I can't do it. I need you too bloody much. You still want me too...don't you? I'm so sorry that I made you cry last week, I really hated myself for that. Right or wrong, I
need you, Buffy. If you aren't angry that--"

Buffy ran to Spike, her arms flew around his neck. She kissed him hard on the lips, letting out all of her built up need and longing for him. Spike moaned, strongly bringing his arms around her and holding her against his body.

They moaned and crushed their mouths together with growing passion. Their hands started pulling at the other's clothing.

Spike wanted to push her down on the carpet and make love to her on the very spot on which they stood. But the floor wasn't exactly spic-and-span. The bed. That was the cleanest thing in the house at the moment, since he hadn't slept much over the last week, and when he did, it was on the couch.

Spike picked Buffy up in his arms. "Want to go to the bedroom, pet?" he asked.

"Yes! Bedroom--Good!" Buffy replied, kissing the side of his face and neck frantically. She preferred him clean-shaven, but there was something ruggedly sexy about his beard stubble and how rough it felt against her lips and skin.

Spike carried her into his bedroom fast.

He set her on the bed, then stood up straight, pulling his t-shirt over his head and tossing it away. Buffy smiled, loving the sight of his chiseled chest and abs again. She put her hands on his sides and pulled him down on the bed with her. They kissed hungrily, rubbing and groping.

Spike lifted his head. "Pet, I should really get a bath or something first. I'm not as springtime fresh as I'd like to be."

Buffy giggled, "I don't care if you smell more manly than usual. I just want to make love with you." She kissed his neck. "Please, Spike, I've missed you so much. Don't make me wait!"

"Well, I don't want to get my stinkiness all over you, Buffy. I'll just be a few minutes."

Spike kissed her, then stood up, intending to take a quick shower.

"Um, Spike?" she asked, biting her lip and giving him a kittenish smile.

"Yes, luv?"

Buffy sat up. "I, um, wouldn't mind helping you out. This might sound weird, but can I bathe you?"

"You'd like that?" Spike asked.

"Uh-huh." Buffy nodded. "I'd like to give you a bath, get you all soapy and clean. That's not too weird, is it?"

"Not at all, Buffy. It's very sensual. I like the way you think, pet."

Buffy giggled as she took his hand and walked to the bathroom with him. She wanted him thrusting inside of her, but she could wait a bit longer if she got to do this.


10 minutes later...

Spike sat, reclined in the tub, with a smile on his face and his eyes closed. The first thing he'd done was shave. He preferred having a smooth, non-bristly face. Especially when he planned on spending a significant amount of time with his face between her thighs. Didn't want to scratch the girl up. It was liberating to give himself fully over to his desire for her. No more tortured thoughts about it. Buffy wanted him. Spike wanted her. She was smart enough to know what she wanted. And he was helpless against his lust and need.

Buffy had added lots of bubble bath. Spike had objected to that at first, saying that bubbles baths weren't manly. But he had laughed and given in when Buffy pointed out that the bubble bath was in his house, he bought it, so he must use it sometimes. He confessed to sometimes indulging in a bubble bath to relieve stress.

Buffy had also dimmed the lights and lit a few candles, she'd had a dream about bathing him and wanted to duplicate it as closely as possible. Her loins were vibrating for him. Seeing him strip naked and sink into the water of the bathtub had almost made her knees buckle.

Buffy knelt down beside the tub, starting with his hair. Getting it wet, lathering the shampoo and rubbing it gently into his hair and scalp. Spike felt like he was in a dream, a very nice, erotic dream. Even Buffy's
fingers in his hair and massaging his scalp felt like heaven. He wanted to drag her into the tub with him, but resisted the impulse. Bathing your lover (or being bathed by them) was undeniably sexy and titillating.

Once they had lathered, rinsed and repeated, Buffy got to the good stuff - the washing of his body.

Buffy took a washcloth and soaked it in the water, then rubbed the bar of white, creamy soap on it until there was a good buildup of suds. She stroked his chest with her washcloth covered hand, cleaning around his neck, shoulders and the top of his chest. She couldn't resist rubbing around his nipples a little harder than the rest.

Spike opened his eyes and smirked. "I think they're clean, pet." He was getting too turned on.

She giggled, "Sorry, I'll move on. Lean forward, I want to do your back."

Buffy moved behind him, running the washcloth from the back of his neck, down over his shoulder blades. It was a bit hypnotic, feeling his muscles under her hand as she glided the soapy cloth over his broad back. She leaned over, placing a soft, unhurried kiss to the nape of his neck.

Spike moaned, "Almost finished?"

She went back on her heels, rinsing the soap off his back. "Nope. I still have lots more to wash."

Buffy then washed his arms, taking her time.

"You're getting wet, Buffy," Spike said, noticing that water had dripped onto her clothes.

She giggled, "Mmmm, yes, I am! Oh, you mean from the bathwater. Well, that's an occupational hazard - giving classical pianist hotties baths, often means getting wet yourself. You think I should take off my clothes to prevent further...wetting?"

"I don't see any other recourse," he said, his smile turning up at an angle.

Buffy stood up and undressed slowly, smiling at him.

Spike licked his lips as he watched her, eager to see her beautiful body unclothed again. "You've bewitched me, you little vixen."

"Good," Buffy said, stepping out of her panties. She held them up to her eye level, then let them drop to the floor. "There, now my clothes won't get any wetter." She knelt back down next to the tub.

Spike leaned over, kissing her on the lips. His hand ran up her arm to her shoulder, pulling her towards him.

Buffy smiled and pulled away again. "Ah-ah-ah! So naughty. You're not finished yet."

Spike leaned back in the bathtub. "Alright, but it's getting...harder to keep still."

Buffy smirked, getting more soap on the cloth. She washed downwards on his torso, over his ribs and abdomen. His body was sublime. Buffy could touch and stroke her fingers over him all day. His upper body looked even hotter than usual with the thin layer of soap smeared over the muscles. All glossy
and slick. Their eyes met and gleamed as her hand disappeared under the water and bubbles.

"Well, what do we have here?" Buffy giggled, her fingers brushing over his cock. "Do you have a tub toy under there? A submarine, perhaps?"

Spike breathed in through his teeth. "Could be. Why don't you investigate further?" Spike arched an eyebrow.

Buffy encased his cock in her hand, stroking the washcloth over his rock-hard flesh. "Mmm, that feels like a big submarine! Can I play with it too?"

Spike's eyes kept wanting to roll back. "Play with it all you like, pet," he moaned.

Buffy twittered laughter, moving her hand down to give his sac a good washing as well. When she was finished, he was breathing heavily and his eyes were darkened.

"Oooh, I'll get the loofah!" Buffy stood up to get the sponge from the sink.

Spike growled, leaned over and took her by the waist. Buffy squeaked and giggled as he hauled her backwards into the tub with him. Water and bubbles sloshed over the sides.

"Spike! I didn't do your legs yet!" Buffy protested weakly, smiling and
squirming on top of him with her back against his chest.

"I'm clean enough. Can't wait any longer! If I don't kiss you, I'll explode! Not in the good way."

Buffy grinned, turning her head towards him. Spike captured her lips with his. His hands made upward circles over her stomach, coming to cup her breasts. Buffy groaned as he began squeezing her tits and rubbing her stiff nipples between his fingers.

"You got the floor all wet," Buffy mumbled.

"I'll mop it up later," he said, giving her another wet, lingering kiss.

The only things that existed in Buffy's universe were her, Spike and the bathroom. His warm mouth, his supple lips, his damp, hard body under her, his hands stroking her breasts and stomach, his hardness against her back under the water. Buffy's heart hammered, she could feel his strong heartbeat on her back. It was almost perfect. She wanted to be chest-to-chest with him.

"Mmmm, Spike," Buffy moaned, trying to turn around to face him. The slippery surface made it tricky to find purchase.

Spike helped her turn. They smiled at each other as she straddled his waist and slid her hands up his chest. They were drenched, covered with patches of bubbles, flushed and breathless. They had to giggle a little.

Buffy pressed her body against him, kissing under his ear, then sliding her mouth back over his. Spike's hands moved from her hips around to her ass, giving both cheeks rhythmic squeezes. Buffy moaned softly, feeling his turgid cock pulsing between their bodies and his hands on her. Buffy's tongue entered his mouth, Spike slowly circled it with his own.

"Ohhmm, Spike," Buffy broke the kiss, leaning back and panting. "I'll explode if we don't make love right now! Not in the good way..."

Her knees kept slipping as she tried raising up enough to put his cock inside of her. And her knees kinda hurt from kneeling on the bottom of the unyielding bathtub. Buffy whimpered and groaned.

"Easy, pet." Spike's hands held her hips still. "Why don't we exit the tub, yeah? There's not a lot of room and it's not the most comfortable place."

Buffy's lower lip stuck out. She agreed, but she needed him so bad that she didn't want any delays.

Spike smiled. "Mmmm, look at that lip...Gonna get it..." He leaned forward sucking on her bottom lip.

They both giggled, kissing again. They rinsed the suds off their bodies, then helped each other out of the tub.

"Oh, the floor did get really wet," Buffy said, standing in a puddle.

"S'alright. I'll take care of it later. We've got more important things to attend to right now." Spike raised his eyebrows.

Spike got two large, fluffy blue towels from the linen closet. He wrapped one around Buffy's shoulders, bending his head to kiss her lightly on the shoulder. Buffy shivered. The cool air on her body and his soft, hot lips made her break out in goosebumps.

Spike rubbed the towel over his wet hair, then put the towel around his waist. After throwing another towel over the puddles of water on the floor, he blew out the candles. He took Buffy's hand and led her back out to the bedroom.

They stood by the bed, embracing, their lips connecting again. Buffy pulled the towel from his waist. She ran the towel over his side, her other hand trailed down his back to his ass. She rubbed and squeezed - Damn, he had a fine ass! Spike's sweet English muffins of love were all hers to enjoy. Buffy smiled at her zany thoughts, not stopping the endless kiss.

They both thought that they could do this forever - hugging, rubbing and kissing - until the end of time. It felt so very right for them to be connecting this way. The air was thick with their mutual desire, they felt
the other's excitement and anticipation coming off in waves.

Spike knew that he was a fool to be doing this with the underage Buffy. The last week, being without her and berating himself for his weaknesses, had been pure hell. Spike hadn't planned on falling for a teenager, he'd done his best to suppress his longing. The only thing that he knew for sure was that he was crazy about her. Buffy made his heart do a jig, she made him feel alive. And she obviously enjoyed being with him too, hence her very successful seduction of him a week ago. He prayed that she wouldn't tire of
him too soon; Spike knew that there was no way he could ever tire of her. So, he'd give into the inevitability of it all, jump into a relationship with both feet. And most of all, he wouldn’t hate himself for it. He would embrace the bliss he felt at being with her.

Buffy felt weak and wobbly. She had only felt this dizzy from lust once before, last week. The past week had been horrible. Thinking that Spike didn't want her, that he'd tell her to go play in traffic the next time he saw her. Then she had decided to do the grownup thing by telling him that he didn't have to choose. Buffy had felt even worse when she saw the state of his house and his appearance, she felt so guilty that he'd been agonizing over what they had done. But now the sadness and guilt had turned to unbridled joy. He did want her, he did miss her, he did enjoy the sex.

They rubbed their bodies together, getting the other as dry as possible with the towels. Buffy was gasping for breath, she put her arms around his neck and lifted her leg to his waist. Spike slid his hand from her ass, along the underside of her thigh, caressing and holding her leg up under the knee. Buffy groaned, hopping up and wrapping her other leg around his waist. Spike would have chuckled at her eagerness, but he was feeling it deeply as well.

Spike moved both of his hands to her butt, holding her up and pressing her tighter to him. Buffy left one arm around his neck while her other hand moved down between them to touch his cock. She grasped it in her hand and shifted her hips until the tip was slipping between her pussylips. Buffy wriggled down onto his hard prick, they moaned as her pussy swallowed him up.

“Ahh--Buffy,” Spike whispered, kneading her tight ass. He remembered something important as Buffy raised and lowered herself on him. “Pet, I--Ahh--think we should use a condom from now on.”

Buffy moaned, shaking her head. “No, I--Ohhhh!--want to feel you! I‘m on the pill, we don‘t have to use rubbers!”

“We have to, Buffy,” Spike said determinedly. “W-We need a second line of defense, just to make sure...” He didn’t want to finish the sentence, ‘just to make sure that I don’t get you pregnant’.

“I guess...but I’d rather not use one.”

Spike kissed over her face: near her eyes, her cheeks, the tip of her nose, the corners of her mouth and then her lips. He turned to the bed, climbed on with her still impaled on his cock and laid her on her back.

“I’ll get a condom,” he said.

Spike got the box out of his nightstand. Buffy sat up, pushing him to sit back on his heels. She took his staff in her hands, stroking and leaning in to kiss and lick around the knob.

“You can wear one only when you’re in my pussy. And when possible, I want you to pull out when you’re about to cum so that I can at least taste you.” She slurped at his cockhead.

“Uhhh--Fuck, Buffy!” Spike hung his head back, swallowing hard.

Reluctantly, Buffy took the condom and put it on him herself. She understood his concerns about not using one, but Buffy had faith in birth control pills. It felt so nice to have his warmth flooding her when he came.

Then they were ready - more than ready.

Spike laid over top of her, moving his hips so that his cock slid back and forth between her labia. Buffy raised her legs up. Spike moved inside of her again, sinking in slowly. They started moving together at a slow pace.

The pace quickened with each passing minute. They’d both gotten too fired up to wait long. Spike pushed into her, deeper and deeper. Buffy grunted, rolling over with a strength that surprised Spike. For a moment, he just laid there beneath her, blinking at the quick reversal.

Buffy bounced, riding him fast and hard, gyrating her hips and panting. “Uhh! Uhh! Ohhh!”

“God--Ahhh!” Spike gasped, grasping her thighs.

“Oh Spike!” Her eyelids started flapping, her mouth forming an ‘O’.

Spike could see and feel her orgasm letting loose.

“Annggh! Ooooh! Ohhhh--YES!” Buffy gulped, shivering.

Spike growled, pushing up into her pulsating heat. Her pussy locked down on his throbbing cock, clamping and releasing with her spasms.

“Oh--Fuck, pet! Uhh--I’m cumming!” Spike pumped into her frantically a few more times.

Buffy displayed some of the agility and grace he’d seen in the backyard during her cheer. Fast - faster than he, or she, thought she could move - Buffy lifted off of him, then spun around so that her knees were on either side of his head, and her face was at his groin. She swiftly removed the condom just as Spike was starting to squirt.

Spike hardly had time to process the new situation, but he adapted quickly. He was suddenly looking up at her shiny pussy. He grunted as he came, taking her slim hips in his hands and pulling her pelvis down to his eager mouth. His tongue dove into her slit, her juice quickly saturated his tongue, running into his mouth.

Buffy jacked his cock while sucking on the head. She massaged his balls to extend his orgasm as long as possible. She squealed and humped his face when he sucked hard on her clit. Spike gripped her ass, leaving white handprints on her flesh. His tongue lashed at her wildly.

“Mmmm! MMMM! MMMmmm!” Buffy exclaimed around his dick, a second orgasm was wrung from her. She suckled at the tip of his cock until there was no more jiz to suck up.

Spent for the moment, they disengaged. Buffy tiredly turned around and dropped on top of Spike. They panted.

Spike put his arms around her. “Wow,” he cuddled her and stared up at the ceiling.

Buffy cooed, "I'll see your 'Wow', and raise you a 'God damn'!"

They laughed, encasing each other in their arms.

"Hmm," Spike said, "we got a bit messy."

Buffy looked up at him. With a devilish smile, she scooched up his body slightly, then bent her head down. Her face a short distance from his. Spike thought she wanted a kiss, but Buffy stuck her pink tongue out and licked a line up his face, from his jawline up to the top of his cheekbone. She repeated this a few more times, licking up her juice from his face.

Spike groaned as she licked him like a happy kitty cat. He turned his face to put his mouth on hers, sucking her tongue into his mouth. They moaned and kissed, rapidly feeling another bout of love making in the offing. Spike rolled her onto her back, laying half on top of her.

"You are the sexiest girl I've ever seen, Buffy," Spike whispered, kissing the rim of her ear. "I can't get enough of you. I adore you."

Buffy moaned happily, stroking his neck with her hand. One of her erotic Spike dreams came back to her: They had been in that big satin covered bed. And Spike had said that he adored her. They didn't have the silk sheets and pillows, or the candles everywhere, but this was a million times better. This was real.

"Oh Spike," Buffy breathed, tilting her head back.


They made love several times over the next few hours. As far as Spike and Buffy were concerned, this evening was perfection. The planets were aligned, the stars shone only for them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The sweaty, tired lovers were taking a break.

Buffy was draped over Spike's chest, her cheek resting on his pecs. She heard his heart thudding within, slowly resuming a normal beat after his exertion. Her head moved with the rising and falling of his chest. Her hand glided from his side to his abdomen, then back again, tenderly caressing his skin. Spike's fingers lazily traced up and down Buffy's spine with soft, feathery touches.

She felt like a little pillow talk.

"You've probably had loads of classical music groupies drooling over you," Buffy said. "Have you had lots of girlfriends?"

He shrugged. "There were women that would come on to me, yeah. But I've only been with two--make that three, now, women sexually."

"No way!"

"Way." He smirked. "I've always been very discerning."

Buffy snuggled up against him, smiling. She was proud to have been his third, and wondering how he could be so good with limited experience. Maybe he was a sexual prodigy too?

"How many men have you been with?" he asked curiously.

"Just one. I had a boyfriend, Angel. I broke up with him right before I met you. But the difference is like--it's like having a sweet, sugary ice cream cone, with scoops of French vanilla, chocolate fudge and strawberry one on top of the other. Compare that to a sad crumbly cone with only a melty scoop of vanilla."

"I hope I'm the delicious, heaping cone in that analogy," Spike said humorously.

Buffy laughed, nodding and kissing the crook of his neck. "Yes, you are the yummy, mouthwatering cone. Angel is the drippy, gross cone."

Spike chuckled, smoothing his hand over her bare back. "That's a relief."

"When was the last time you did it before me?"

Spike didn't respond right away. "Four years ago."

Buffy lifted her head to look at him in shock. "Huh!?"

"It's been four years since I was with someone."

"Wow..." Buffy's mouth hung open. "That's a really, really long time! Why?"

He sighed, stroking her back with his fingertips. This subject was one he steered clear of with anyone except psychiatrists. But Spike felt the need to tell Buffy everything. He wanted to pour his soul out to her, and let her decide if he had too much baggage for her tastes. "Drusilla, my former, dumped me with extreme prejudice. I loved her with all of my heart. She cheated on me with other men, and when I found out and confronted her about it...she left me. It crushed the life out of me," Spike said quietly.

Buffy pouted, giving him a small kiss. "I'm sorry, Spike. That's horrible. What kind of idiot woman would leave a man like you?" Buffy would beat the shit out of that Drusilla bitch if she ever crossed paths with her - No one was allowed to hurt Spike and get away with it.

"Yeah, it was horrible. Dru was everything to me. We started dating when I was 16 and were together for four years. I was happy. I thought she was too. She was front row center for practically every concert I gave since I was 16, then suddenly, she wasn't there."

"Is that why you stopped performing concerts?" Buffy asked astutely.

Spike nodded. "It was...too painful a reminder that I'd lost her and she didn't love me anymore. I wasn't enough for her, in some way that I haven't been able to determine. And I'd lost my passion for playing for an audience. Dru was my muse, my inspiration. I wanted to make her proud of me. I didn't know how important it was for Dru to be in the audience until I didn't have her. Having her there, her eyes on me as I played, smiling at me...I needed it. I craved it like an addict craves heroin. Even when she couldn't physically be there, I knew that she was with me in spirit. So...I quit performing publicly." Then he sighed, "I'd lost my soulmate and didn't particularly care about anything else for a very long time."

Buffy ran her hand over Spike's chest gently as he talked. She couldn't help feeling jealous and sad that he'd called another woman (especially that woman) his 'soulmate'. After what that bitch did to him, he could still call her that?

"Right after Dru left, I went on a drinking binge and bedded a brainless rich girl at an after-concert party. It was a mistake, and it didn't help solve anything, it made things worse. I realized that cheap, meaningless sex wasn't going to do anything but depress me even more. I need to feel something for the woman I make love to, otherwise it just leaves me feeling hollow. It got to the point where I had no sexual desires at all. I associated sex with pain and heartbreak. But...I've obviously changed my attitude recently."

Spike came back to the present, happily leaving the past behind. His arm tightened against Buffy's back. He smiled at her.

"And now there's you, Buffy."

She smiled weakly. "You don't feel hollow after being with me, do you?"

"No, not hollow. I feel...I feel full and sated. Like I've just had the most satisfying meal in the world. I haven't wanted or needed someone as much as I have you...in so long. I'm not scaring you by saying something like that, am I, pet?"

Buffy's grin was large and natural. "Uh-uh! You can say stuff like that all the time, I don't mind at all! I encourage it wholeheartedly." She giggled and kissed him. "It makes me feel so good to know that you enjoy being with me." The fact that she'd been the one to put the 'snap back in his turtle' after four years was a big ego booster!

"I do, Buffy. I really, really do." Spike pulled her on top of him, running his hands over her back. They kissed again, this one more heated.

Buffy had to know, "Spike, do you really think Drusilla," she said the name with a twist to her lips, "was your soulmate?"

"Clearly, she wasn't. I felt that she was though, at the time. I loved her so much...I'm going to say some more of those potentially scary things again, so just shut me up if it gets too weird, alright?"

Buffy smiled questioningly, furrowing her brow. "Okay. I'm tough. Lay the scary stuff on me, baby."

Spike breathed deeply, looking up into her face. He couldn't believe he was going to say this to someone of such tender years. Maybe he was crazy--Maybe he wasn't. Spike didn't know and didn't care - He just felt.

He put a hand to the side of her face, touching the backs of his fingers along her cheek. "Being with you, being around you, it makes me...feel like I'm alive again, Buffy. Really and truly alive. A part of my soul that I thought was dead and shriveled is back, thriving and blooming. I've found joy again. I've found my joy in you. The moment I looked into your eyes....I was a fool to think that I could fight wanting you. You make me so happy."

Buffy sighed, melting on top of him like a stick of butter on a hot plate. "Ohhh, Spike," she said dreamily. She thought she might cry from happiness again.

"It's true, Buffy. I haven't felt this way since--I didn't know that it was still possible for me. Mind you, this scares me to say it, but...to quote Hugh Grant--who himself was quoting David Cassidy when he was with the 'Partridge Family'--I think...I love you."

Her eyes were like silver dollars. "You love me? You're in love with me?"

"There's, uh, a very strong possibility...yes. Does it 'wig' you?" he asked, using one of her phrases.

Buffy answered by dropping down to kiss him, ravishing his lips. "Mmm! Oh Spike, that's so NOT wiggy! I'm definitely in love with you, I just never thought that you'd feel that way about me! But it scares you? I don't want it to scare you. I want it to make you feel as wonderful as it makes me feel."

"I do feel wonderful, Buffy. But there are problems, pet, you know that," Spike said gently. "If your Mum found out...God, she'd kill me. If I were lucky, she'd make it a quick death and not string me up by certain parts of
my anatomy before she gutted me with a rusty, dull knife."

"My mom won't find out. She's cool, but clueless in many, many ways. And she'd have to go through me first to get to you. No one hurts you on my watch. I'm very fond of certain parts of your anatomy," she giggled, moving her body on top of his. "No one gets to touch them except me. Especially with malice."

"You asked me about the soulmate thing before." Spike kissed her softly. "Maybe that's why I couldn't fight wanting you anymore, why you haunted my thoughts and dreams, and why Dru and I weren't meant to be... Maybe you're my soulmate."

"I want to be," she said. "I'd never hurt you like she did, Spike. I love you."

"So did Dru, once upon a time. She wouldn't have wasted so much time on me if she didn't."

"I'll never stop. Real love doesn't just stop." Buffy smiled into his eyes. "When Buffy Anne Summers loves someone, they stay loved."

Spike sighed happily. "You're such a beautiful girl, I adore you, pet."

"There's one problem with that last statement."

"Oh?"

"I'm a woman, baby. Not a girl," she growled, nipping at his lips.

"Just a figure of speech, I assure you. I'm well aware of your womanly status."

"I don't know," Buffy licked up his chin to his lips. "I think you need to be reminded." Buffy applied soft kisses down his throat, her hips shifting to rub their tingly parts together.

She made her way down his defined torso, taking his hardening cock in her hands and swirling her hot tongue around the head.

"Ohh--Ahh! Buffy!" Spike moaned, smiling and bending his head back. He lifted his head and looked at her when she suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?"

"Um," Buffy softly stroked him, looking shyly away. "I have to confess some things to you. I don't want to keep anything from you."

"Confess?" Spike sat up. "What could you possibly have to confess?" It usually wasn't good when your lover said that.

"I didn't give you Anya's number," Buffy said, releasing his cock and running her fingertips over the tops of his thigh.

"Come again?"

"Anya from the club that night, the hoochie mama. She gave me her phone number to give to you. I took it and ripped it up, and burned it later. I didn't want to take the chance that you might like her...I know that was really petty of me. I'm sorry."

Spike relaxed, smiling and shaking his head. "That's what you had to confess?"

Buffy nodded.

"Pet, that's nothing! You scared me there for a minute." He reached out and took her by the arms, bringing her to lay back down with him.

"You're not mad?" she asked.

"No, not even close. I don't think I would have called her anyway."

"I purposely wore sexy stuff to get your attention and flirted with you too. I wanted you to like me."

Spike chuckled, "I figured that part out, love. After the seduction last week, I decided that all of the things you did that drove me wild were done on purpose."

"One more thing...I lied about being let out of school early the day that we...that we made love. I cut out early because I couldn’t wait to see you and try using my feminine wiles on you. Not mad?" Buffy asked, chewing on her lip.

"Not mad," he said, then kissed her. He chuckled at all of the trouble she’d gone through to seduce him. She was one determined little thing! "I'm glad at the way everything's turned out. I have you now. I can do all of the things that I dreamed about."

Buffy smirked, kissing him harder. "Care to show me any of that stuff you dreamed about?"

"I'd love to." Spike growled, hugging her and rolling them over.

Buffy giggled and smoothed her hands over his back while he sucked and bit her neck lightly.


Their regular Friday afternoon lessons were different after that night.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The next Friday, they flew into each other's arms as soon as Buffy was in the door.

They burned each other's lips with searing kisses, their hands tried to touch everywhere at once. Buffy and Spike had talked on the phone during the week, but hadn't actually seen the other.

"Missed you," Spike moaned, recapturing her lips.

"Missed you too," she mumbled, kissing him back. "I was going crazy with wanting to see you!"

Buffy backed him up until the backs of his legs met the piano bench. She started pulling his t-shirt from where it was tucked into his jeans. Spike stilled her hands and broke the kiss.

He breathed with effort. "Pet, I've got the same thing on my mind, but we've got a lesson to do."

Buffy blinked. "You're kidding, right? You think I can concentrate on anything other than stripping you naked and having my way with you? That's all I've wanted to do for a week!"

Spike squeezed her hand in sympathy. "I know how you feel. But you still want to learn to play, don't you?"

"Yeeeah," she answered slowly. "But I want you." Buffy pouted.

"Let's give it a try, alright?"

"Um, okay. But only if you do something for me first." Buffy smirked.

Spike smirked back. He raised her hand to his lips and kissed it softly. "And that would be?"

"Play me another Jerry Lee song."

"Then you'll be good and be attentive for the lesson?"

"Yep! I'll be good," Buffy promised, crossing the fingers of her free hand behind her back.

Spike was dubious, Buffy had that kittenish smile on her lips. But he was keen to let out some energy and give her something she wanted. "Okay. Give me some room."

Buffy backed away, giggling. She sat on the couch to watch. "You going to kick over the bench again? That was cool."

"Maybe. We'll see. If the urge comes upon me, I'll do it," he chuckled, sitting down on the bench.

Spike put his hands on the keys. "'kay, here we go. This one's called 'Breathless'." This was his second favorite Jerry Lee song.

Buffy smiled and moved her body to the beat as his hands started hitting the keys.

Spike looked at her, beginning to sing in that imitation Southern accent he
used last time:

"Now, if you love me,
Let's please don't tease
If I can hold you then
Let me squeeeeze
My heart goes 'round and 'round
My love comes a' tumblin' down

You leave me..." Spike breathed out, "Ahhhhhh," Then he whispered,
"Breathless-ah"

Buffy's insides quivered. She thought, ‘There’s no way I’m not gonna fuck the hell out of him as soon as he's done playing this. Lesson, schmesson!’ She loved the Rock-a-Billy inflections Spike had in his voice when he sang these songs--he sounded like Elvis.

"Well, I shake all over and
You know why
I'm sure it's love and
That's no lie
'cause when you call my name
You know I burn like wood in flame

You leave me..." Spike breathed out again, "Ahhhhhh". Whispered, "Breathless-ah"

Buffy got a delicious chill. Oh yeah, he was getting screwed into the floor, or bench, or wherever they happened to land when she tackled him.

"Ooh, baby! Mmm-mmm! Crazy!
You're much too much
Honey, I can't love you enough
It's all right to hold me tight,
But when you love me
Love me riiiiight!" Spike sang the word 'right' in a higher register,
squeezing his eyes shut.

"Now, come on, baby
Now, don't be shy
'cause love was meant for you and I
Wind, rain, sleet or snow
I'm gonna be wherever you go
You have left me..." Breathing out, then whispering, "Breathless-ah"

Spike stood, knocking away the bench, his hands pounding the keys. He flung his head up and down, his hair coming loose from the gel once again. He pursed his lips and bounced on his heels, getting into it.

'Yummmm!' Buffy thought, smiling and dancing in her seat. Damn, his hands moved so fast! Mmm, such good hands!

"Oh, you know it!" he exclaimed, his hands flying up and down the keyboard.

Buffy felt so happy watching him. He looked so joyful, and sexy as hell, of course. He kept glancing at her and smiling. It was just as much a delight for her as it was for Spike. She pressed her thighs together, it was getting harder not to squirm. Her pussy was bubbling over for him. Buffy hoped it was a short song.

"Welllll, oooh, baby! Mmm-mmm! Crazy!
You're much too much
I can't love you enough
Now, it's all right to hold me tight,
But when you love me
Love me riiiiight!

Wellll, come on, baby
Now, don't be shy
'cause love was meant for you and I
Wind, rain, sleet or snow
I'm going to be wherever you go
You leave me..." Spike breathed out, "Ahhhhh," then whispered, "Breathless"

His hands struck the last two chords. Spike straightened up and smiled. "Well? What do you think? I love that song, it's..."

Buffy swung her hips, walking to him. Spike knew he was in trouble by the fire he saw smoldering in her eyes.

"Let me answer your question this-a-way," she said, putting her arms around him and kissing him hotly.

Spike was quickly lost in the burning kiss. He couldn't resist returning her affection. His blood was still pumping hard from performing, and he'd missed her kisses, her touch, for a looooong week.

When she started nibbling at his neck, he moaned, "The...lesson....we...should..."

"Sod the lesson," Buffy growled, pushing him down. "I'm going to do what I wanted to do the first time you played for me!"

She dived on top of him, ending all protests for now.


TBC...