A few hours passed. Buffy looked at her watch. 7:30 P.M. Where were the rest of them? Giles, Willow, Xander? The sun was setting. Buffy's stomach rumbled. She probably shouldn't have eaten all those nachos. She heard someone's cellphone ring. It was hers. She quickly picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Buffster. It's Uncle Lorne. Just wanted to thank you. Are you here? In L.A.?"

"Yea, we're in a hotel a few blocks from Wolfram and Hart. Listen, what's the lowdown? When, where...?"

"Hold on tiger. It's all tonight. The gang is going to meet in the alley behind the big Corp. I'm leaving though, I won't be there."

"Okay. Thanks Lorne, but I need to know, who's the Black Thorn and what the hell do they have to do with Angel?"

"Look, I'd love to give you the skinny, but my chords are tired and I need to split. Angel will explain it. It's nothing you can't handle. I hope you guys... well... win." He hung up.

Buffy stood at the window. All she could think of was that damned amulet around Spike's neck. Then it dawned on her. Wolfram and Hart may have been responsible for bringing him back. Maybe it's a bad thing. Maybe that's why they're going to try to take them down? And why did Harmony receive the amulet? She needed answers.

"Angel's office, well used to be Angel's office, may I help you?"

"Harmony?"

"Yea, and..."

She could still hear that stuck up attitude Harmony had when she was still human. It's interesting how strong characteristics carry over, even after...

"Helloooo...?" Harmony sounded annoyed.

"Harmony. It's Buffy. I need information and don't even think about hanging up because I'm here in L.A. and I'll come right over there!"

"Buffy! Hi! How are you?"

Buffy was shocked at her friendliness. "I'm... okay, you?"

"Well, sorta okay. I think something bad is about to happen, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it has something to do with Angel. You know I work for him now. Angel. Yea, and Spike's back too. Did you know that? He's been really weird though. I can't get used to the whole soul thing. Although that didn't stop him from practically taking me right there on the desk! Oh and Fred is some Blue old one in a body suit thingy. Things are definitely weird."

"Tell me about Angel's plan!"

"Oh that. Well, him, and the rest of the wannabe good doers are going to take out the black circle and piss off the Senior Partners. I think he's just plain stupid, but he seems real intent on..."

Click!

Buffy froze. What was he going to do? Why was he forcing this battle?

Night was approaching. Faith and Robin were in one of the suites probably taking advantage of the peacefulness. Earlier, Faith, Robin and herself went over the plan with the girls. They would all be there when Angel met up with the rest of his crew. Simple. It was the best plan she ever had because it was so darn simple! They will all be there to help him, no matter how stupid his plan was. Giles should be here any minute. Xander too. Willow and Kennedy were going to just find them later in the alley. She knew they were taking the longest. Willow was great with her locator spells. She would have no trouble finding them.

Staring out the window Buffy noticed the sky getting dark. Not only from the night, but from the clouds. The moon was nowhere to be seen. This city still gleamed. It was alive but for how long? What were these Senior Partners capable of?

She heard a knock. Giles! She ran over to the door. There was Giles, and only ten maybe eleven girls? She let them inside. This isn't good. Why so few?

"Giles! I'm so glad you're here. Where are the rest of the girls?"

Giles looked around at the girls with him. "Oh, we were stopped at the start of the hallway. The rest of the girls are gathering in rooms. Seems some of them know each other."

Relieved, Buffy hugged him. Faith and Robin walked back in, looking serene. She knew why. Giles walked to greet them. Buffy thought of thought of Dawn, She promised to call her yet she can't bring her into this. She doesn't even know what this is. She picked up her cell and punched Speed Dial 1. Dawnie.

"Hello?"

"Dawn, it's me"

"Buffy! What's going on? I have been waiting all day!"

Buffy swallowed. She hates leaving her sister out of the loop, but until she... "I'm here. In L.A. I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. I've been trying to get a handle on things." Which was the truth, in part.

"Well, guess what. Andrew and I well, we're, uh, at the airport."

Buffy's eyebrows crinkled. "What airport?"

"Buffy, please don't be mad. It's just... Andrew knew some watcher guy here and he asked him to get us a plane to California and now we're here. Aren't you the least bit glad?"

Anger swept over Buffy like a tidal wave. Then she shook her head, thinking, My God, she's just like me.

"Dawn, get to the Grand hotel on Wilshire"

Dawn clapped and yelled over to Andrew to tell the cabbie where to go. Buffy sighed. She hung up and approached Giles who was in a deep discussion with Robin and Faith.

"Seems lil' sis made her way here after all and she's with Andrew. They're on their way."

"Brat is coming! Cool," Faith interrupted. Robin smirked at her.

Buffy rubbed her hands to her jeans. She was clammy. Ew! "Yea, brat is coming," Buffy sighed.

"Is that such a good idea Buffy? We still don't have any idea what we're up against," Giles asked.

"I know Giles, I agree. She came without my knowledge. Not much we can do now, I'm not worried."

Buffy was worried. What was going to happen later? They had weapons galore. More than they can even carry. Robin brought a few cool crossbows and battle axes. Buffy had her usual swords and her beloved Scythe. Of course Giles had his stash but it was still so unclear what was really going on.

"Giles, can I talk to you, alone?" Buffy asked.

Giles looked around and glanced back at Buffy. "Of course."

They made their way to a corner of the room. Everyone was in the excitement of the night, they barely paid any attention to them at all.

"You've spoken to Angel a few times this year. He didn't mention anything about Spike?" Buffy whispered.

"No, Buffy. Not a thing. I am just as shocked as you are. What do you think happened?"

"Ugh, I have no clue. Amulet, Wolfram and Hart, it all seems... unseemly."

Buffy wondered how many people were fighting along side Angel. Lorne mentioned Wes, Gunn, Spike and a blue Fred? That couldn't be all, could it? What role did they all play in this fight? Lorne said something about everyone having a job to do. Buffy wanted answers. She turned and looked at some of the girls laughing with each other. Here they were again. Danger afoot. Yet ease crept over her. There was no way this battle will be a loss. She had an army after all. A damn good one at that. They were ready.

"Hey, B. Looks like it's starting to rain." Faith said