Buffy nervously sat in the seat of a jet that had been chartered for her. With her, was Adriana, Sabrina, Patricia and Bianca. The only slayers she'd been training that she felt were strong enough. Bianca, the youngest of the group just stared out the window in awe commenting on how excited she was to be on a plane for the first time. Patricia rolled her eyes. She was the sassy one. All attitude. She reminded Buffy of Kennedy. Sabrina was the quiet one. Never really had anything to say, unless spoken to. Then there was Adriana, well, Adriana was a little sex-crazed and passionate. She always spoke of slaying as some sort of sex metaphor. Sometimes she'd say things that reminded Buffy of stuff Spike would say about fighting being like foreplay.

Spike.

Now here they were, on their way to L.A. Their lives would change after this. Buffy's life would change. What was she going to say to him? 'So, I hear you've been alive all this time. How's it been?' It all sounded stupid in her head. Maybe they were already... no. Death wasn't an option.

It disturbed her a little that she had to find out about this plan through Lorne. Angel was an annoyingly secretive guy, but why would he jump into a battle he knew he'd lose? He came to help her last year, but she sent him away. Was that why he didn't call her for help? Something didn't sit right with Buffy about the fact that Spike has been with Angel all year. She and Giles both spoke with Angel since then. Why didn't he say anything? Even if Spike asked Angel to keep his miraculous return a secret, Angel wouldn't care. He has no loyalties to Spike. There was a lot about their past she didn't know, but loyalty wasn't a part of it.

The memory of Angel coming to Sunnydale last year popped into her head. She kissed him 'hello.' She tried to explain that to a jealous Spike. He understood.

He always understood.

A pain stabbed her heart. Maybe Spike didn't want to see her because of the way she treated him in the past. Buffy believed the last few months together with him was different. She thought there was a mutual respect and trust, but what if he didn't see it that way? What if he just saw her as a tease who didn't care about him? Is that why he told her that he didn't believe she loved him? Oh God! Why should he have believed it?

She never gave him any reason to believe it.

And this Black Thorn, was it part of the corporation Angel was running now? Why the hell did he make such a stupid move like that? She couldn't trust him. It was just way to weird and wait, maybe Spike is being held hostage there? No, can't be.

Her mind was on overload. She decided now would be a good time to get some rest. She advised the girls to do the same. There, with the constant noise of the flight, she drifted.

Buffy was alone. It was dark. She heard a strange sound in the distance. She walked slowly in the dark, arms outstretched in front of her. She could barely make out a light up ahead. It was faint, but she followed it anyway.

It had to lead her out of this darkness.

A sound came from the same direction as the light. A tapping. It grew louder as she got closer. Then the light grew brighter. She was in a room. Her room, her old room in Sunnydale. Buffy smiled at her stupid posters on the wall. She felt so at ease. This was her haven for so long.

There was a tapping sound still. It turned into a loud banging. Her bedroom door. She approached it, and opened it without thinking.

There stood Spike. Light shining behind him. He smiled at her. He had a twinkle in his eyes.

Were his eyes always this nice?

He lifted his hand and ran his fingers through her hair. Buffy felt a shudder, then a feeling as though she was going to fall. As she fell back, he caught her. She felt safe in his embrace. Buffy looked down and noticed that he saved her from falling into a pit of lava. When she looked back him, he was crying. Blood pouring down his face. Before she can say anything, he pulled her into the hallway.

"See luv, there much going on. Lava all around us. If your not careful, I may lose you. That can't happen again, got it?"

Buffy looked back down at the floor, but it was back to normal. Spike was gone.

"What the...?"

She walked over to the window and looked outside. She saw Dawn and Spike outside. In the sun? Spike? He looked up at her and smiled. He blew her a kiss then it seemed he was trying to tell her something. She couldn't hear him though the glass. As she opened the window, his voice was clear.

"Now arriving, buckle up."

Buffy woke to a start. The girls were all buckling up for the descend. We're here? Already? She looked at her watch. Oh God, they were here. She quickly adjusted her watch to L.A. time. 1:35 PM. She shook off the dream she had. The image of Spike crying blood made her shiver.


Faith and Robin walked through a very sunny Los Angeles. No sign of any big bad or battle anywhere. They've been here for a few hours, but nothing. The newbies were stationed at the hotel room awaiting Faith's call. As for now everything seemed, well, normal. Her cellphone rang. She looked at the display. "Buffy," she said aloud.

"Hey B, ya here yet?"

"Yea, we just landed. A car is supposed to pick us up. How are the girls, how's Robin?"

Faith smirked at Robin who was checking out some girl in a mini skirt. "The girls are cool and ya know, Robin. Wicked horny."

Robin looked at her shocked.

"Uh...Okay Faith. I won't ask. Listen, I have four girls. How many were you able to bring?"

"I have at least twenty. They're back at the hotel, awaiting our word."

"Great. I think we should all meet there. Whatever is about to go down, seems hairy and we need a plan."

Faith skipped ahead of Robin so he wouldn't hear what she was about to ask Buffy. "Hey Buffy, what's the deal with Spike. How did he survive? I mean, there was no getting out of that."

"He didn't. He did die but now he's back. Some sort of Aladdin thing … or something."

Faith turned to Robin who was window shopping. "Uh... huh? Like someone rubbed a lamp and out he came? Oh, or did someone find a genie and wish him back? Was there a magic carpet?"

"No, I mean... I don't know. It had something to do with the amulet and a package and Harmony."

"Harm?"

"Look, we'll get the answers when we see him. For now we need to focus on getting a plan together... ok?"

"Sure thing. No problem." Faith sounded sympathetic. This must be a real slap in the face for Buffy. "Our hotel is on Grand and Figueroa. See ya there!" and she hung up.

"C'mon lover, we have a party to attend."


Buffy and the girls piled out of the car. Buffy tipped the driver and thanked him. He drove away in a rush, almost knowing what was about to happen. Good on him since Buffy still had no clue what to expect. Just then, Bianca leaped in front of Buffy almost childlike.

"So, whena are we gonna see the rest of de girls?"

Buffy thought her accent was cute. "We're here Bianca.".

Bianca looked up at the Grand hotel and almost tipped backwards. "Eccellente!"

Buffy walked ahead of them. They were so anxious. Not as anxious as Buffy, though. She wanted to find out once and for all what in the hell was going on. She was mad at Angel for not telling her anything. He's been so secretive since he joined this Wolfram and Hart crapolla. He kept Spike a secret too. Spike working with him? Spike would never join this dumb corporation. So what was he doing there? What was he thinking?

Why didn't he tell me?

The door of the suite opened. A girl about Dawn's height stood at the threshold glaring at Buffy and her girls. She wore a tight leather bustier and tight denim jeans that looked painted on her. Her hair was in a slick ponytail. She looked Irish, or maybe Scottish. She had a pale complexion with freckles everywhere. She was quite a sight. One of Faith's girls, that's for sure.

"Hi, I'm Buffy. This is Bianca, Patricia, Adriana, and Sabrina."

The girl stood there with a blank look on her face. Buffy saw Faith in the background. She waved at her. Faith motioned for her to come in. "Jenna, what's your damage? Let them in!"

"Hey, all." Buffy looked around the room, greeting them with a smile.

"Yo, B!" Faith said hugging Buffy. "I kept telling them you'd be here soon. They're all stoked to meet you, well, except for our host Jenna. She doesn't like anyone, but hey, who ever said slayers gotta be perky, right?"

She gave a light punch on Buffy's right arm. Buffy laughed as the two of them walked over to Robin. He hugged Buffy. The girls all gathered around one another, talking. They were so full of life and energy. It almost looked like a big slumber party. Buffy wished that's all that it was. Faith booked them the entire floor. Each room held at least four girls. Except for a few rooms that were only meant for two people. Obviously for her and Robin, no doubt. She was sure Giles would want his own room...wait, what was she thinking? How long did they plan to stay?

"Faith, thanks for getting all these rooms, but do you plan on all of us staying here after tonight?"

"Well, Maybe. I mean, who knows what'll happen right? Best be prepared!"

Buffy smiled. The thought of all of them being okay after this filled her heart with hope. Maybe they will all be all right. Maybe.

Rona approached Buffy with a smile. "Hi Buffy. Long time."

"Hey Rhona," Buffy smiled. "I'm so glad you all came. We need the best."

Rona smirked. "Yea, I figured that."

Buffy scanned the room for more familiar faces. She saw Vi talking to a few girls in the corner. This was promising. She knew Faith did a great job with these girls. They all seemed confident, strong, like real slayers.

"So, what do ya think B? Ya like the Cavalry?" Faith asked her.

Buffy turned to Faith. "You know Faith, I have to hand it to you. You've really done a great job. I can see it in these girls. You always had a way with..."

"Buff, I just train them, that's all. The rest is up to them. They're slayers. Like us. All we can do is show them the way, right?"

Faith had watcher issues. She lost her watcher to Kakistos, then Wesley, well, that didn't quite work out. She didn't realize how important her role was. Without Faith, these girls would just be girls... but with super powers of course.

Buffy leaned her hand on Faith's shoulder. "Yea, well, they all seem ready."

"Are you?" Faith asked. "I mean, with Spike. Are you ready to see him?"

Good question.