Angel bounced to his feet. He brushed himself off and headed over to Lorne who was leaning against the stairs. "Lorne, you okay?"

"Well considering I just became really intimate with floor, yea, peachy keen." Lorne joked. They both ran over to Gunn. Angel helped him up, brushing off pieces of concrete from his shoulders.

Dawn came running in, "Oh my God, what happened to you guys?"

Faith limped over to her. " We just met our hostess with the mostess... or host with the most."

"Yea, and he bitch slapped us through a wall, see..." Xander said pointing to the missing wall, except, it was back to normal, like nothing happened. "What the...?"

Dawn stepped in front of Giles. "Giles, the spell. It's a power of suggestion spell!"

"Are you sure, Dawn?" Willow asked her.

"Yea, I was IM-ing the coven, using your sign on, sorry... but I told them who I was and they immediately helped me out. They had all this info on Jean!"

"This isn't good. Those spells are hard to break. Only the person who is under the spell can break it. But if Buffy and Spike are convinced that what they're seeing is real, there may be no coming back from it," Willow said.

"And Spike thinks he's going to die, so he most likely will and we have no idea what Buffy's going through. God this sucks," Dawn cried.

Willow wrinkled her nose. "Wait, hold on. The Power of Suggestion spell has to be the one in the books that Eve brought. It was for Spike. I think what Angel experienced was a different one. Like an alternate reality spell. One that affected Buffy as well."

"And maybe Spike is under this alternate reality one too, plus the suggestion spell," Issa added.

"All of this magic is making my head hurt," Lorne complained.

"Can Jean do that? Dawn asked

Giles laid his hand on Dawn's shoulder, looking down at her. "That's why we need to find them. Jean is very powerful. We have to figure out a way to get past him and get to Buffy and Spike."

Faith paced around the room, clutching her ax tightly. "Guys, there has to be some way, we have to find them."

Eve sat in the back of the room, eying Faith. "It's not going to be easy. You guys are pretty helpless in this house, "

Faith raised her ax. "This is all your fault. If you hadn't brought those books over, we wouldn't have to be here now. I should just kill you right here..."

Xander ran over to Faith and grabbed her ax. "Not now Faith. We need to focus on getting Spike and Buffy back."

Faith looked like she was going to explode. But she agreed and walked away from Eve who sighed with relief.

"I think some of us should go back to the hotel and contact the coven once more. Maybe they know more on how to get past Jean undetected," Giles said.

Andrew raised his hand, Giles ignored him. "Dawn, I think it's best you go back. Find out all you can, take notes," Giles told her.

Dawn agreed and quickly walked to the front door.

"Can I go with her? I can help," Andrew insisted.

"Fine, but please hurry," Giles told him, looking back over to Dawn.

Dawn and Andrew ran over to The Immortal's limo. Dawn opened the door and peered in.

He was gone. As was his driver.

"Damn it!" Dawn shouted.


Spike carried Buffy out of the school. They were still in Sunnydale. He didn't know how they were going to get out of this strange plane of existence. He released Buffy to her feet when she appeared to be okay.

She looked around in a state of confusion."Spike, why are we here?"

"Not sure, luv. This beats where I was before, though," he said looking around them.

Buffy walked to the curb and sat. The eeriness of what she had just seen still surrounded her.

Spike sat beside her. "Buffy. I think someone is playing a cruel joke on us. I saw Drusilla. A mirage Drusilla."

Buffy widened her eyes. She thought of the dream she had about Drusilla and Spike, how Drusilla turned him back in to a...

Buffy leaned in closer to Spike and wrapped her arm around him, thanking God he was here with her.

"Spike. We need to get out of here."

"How are we going to do that?"

Buffy gazed straight ahead. She had no idea how. But sitting around wasn't an option.

"Let's walk, see where our feet take us," she suggested.

Buffy and Spike strolled through downtown. The streets were empty. But everything was how it was before. All the stores still there, The Bronze. The Magic Box, yet it all felt surreal. The air was still. There was no wind. No animals. No birds. It was almost they were on a film set.

They stood outside Buffy's house. There it was. The way she remembered it. Buffy turned to Spike. He seemed anxious. She squeezed his hand and led him to the front door.

Spike stopped. "Buffy, are you sure you want to go in there. We don't know what we'll see. It may get ugly," Spike said.

Buffy looked on, as if she didn't hear him. She opened the front door and crossed the threshold, Spike apprehensively followed her.

The rooms were dark. Buffy walked into the living room, seeing all her knickknacks, pictures, television, furniture. All in place, as they were before. She turned to Spike. He seemed edgy. He glanced around the room, unsure of what to think.

"Spike, maybe we can get our minds together here. Figure out a way to get back to reality. This place is safe to us. Maybe it's where we should be right now."

He nodded as he lowered himself on to the sofa.

Buffy walked slowly around the room. This was her home. "I don't know what's happening, Spike. I saw awful things. I felt awful things."

"Buffy, it's all fake. None of it real. Reality is being tweaked. We're seeing things that aren't there," he told her.

Buffy looked around again. "Yea, like this house," she said.

Suddenly there was a deafening rumble. The house shook slightly. Buffy stood in her tracks. Spike shot up to his feet, eyes bulging.

"What the bloody hell was that?" he cried.

"Don't know. Seems to be okay now..." She was interrupted by a more violent tremor. It didn't stop. Buffy struggled to stay on her feet.

Spike hopped over the coffee table to Buffy's side. He held her tight as they lowered themselves to the ground. Spike hovered over her, holding her. The shaking grew more violent. Pieces of the house began to fall on top of them. He covered her with his body.

"Spike, what's happening?" Buffy shouted.

Spike felt heavy, big things crashing over him. He roared in pain, but kept Buffy under him.

"It's okay, it's okay, it's okay," Spike whispered.


Dawn stormed back into the house. Giles looked at her surprised.

"Dawn, what is it?" Giles asked her.

"The Immortal. He's gone, and his driver... gone. Their limo is still here, though!" Dawn told him.

"Great. I knew something was up with that dude, just like Italy, huh Angel," Gunn said turning to Angel.

Angel was gone. "Angel?" Gunn said looking around

"Angel's gone too?" Andrew cried.

Faith stepped up. "Where the hell did he go?"


Jean ran his hand across his crystal ball. He laughed at the image of Buffy and Spike. He wished Drusilla was here to see it. Where was she anyway? She couldn't still be taunting Spike. Just then, the door opened. The Immortal and his driver both stared at Jean. The Immortal clenched his teeth. "You told me you would leave Buffy out of this!" he shouted at Jean.

Jean rose to his feet. "I didn't have anything to do with it. She somehow fell under the spell too."

The Immortal stepped aside, making room for his driver to enter the room. Jean seemed a bit uncomfortable by this.

"The plan was for you to distract Spike and Angel. That's what I hired you to do. Now you screwed it up," The Immortal said.

"Don't worry, it's not finished. There's much more..."

Jean was interrupted by a strong push. The driver held his hand out, magically holding Jean against the wall. "I don't give second chances... and hidden Shanshu texts? Couldn't you think of something more clever? You should have known they would figure that out, " The Immortal scolded.

Jean gasped. He felt pressure around his throat like Vader's force grip. "Please, let me finish the spell. I'm so close...," Jean begged.

The Immortal motioned for his driver to tighten his grip on him. Jean choked from the imaginary hands around his throat.

The Immortal continued. "Luckily I showed up when I did. If I hadn't lured them here, they would have broken your stupid spell. This is why I hate magic. Too unpredictable." He turned to his driver. "No offense Sergio."

Jean lifted his hand and created a ball of energy and threw it at Sergio. He flew back and crashed against the wall. "I said... let me finish the spell!" Jean shouted.

Sergio slowly rose to his feet. He lifted both hands and slammed energy into Jean, causing him to crash through the wall into the next room. Jean tried to get back on his feet, but the impact was too hard, causing him to fall back to his knees.

"And I said, Senore Trevaud, that I don't give second chances. You had a job and you failed," The Immortal said, stepping over the rubble to the next room.

The Immortal searched the room. It was huge. There were paintings and mirrors covering the walls. Sofas and chairs scattered about. Then he could swear he heard something. It sounded like someone was whispering. The Immortal followed the sound. He lifted a candle off of a shelf to light the way.

Jean looked around anxiously. There was too much here he didn't want The Immortal to see. Jean rose to his feet, panicked. "Please, don't go any further, you'll ruin it!"

The Immortal ignored him. He neared the sounds of the whispers. At the corner of the room was Spike and Buffy. Spike had Buffy tucked under him, holding her tight.

"It's okay, It's okay...," Spike whispered.

The Immortal looked pleased at his discovery. Please to see Buffy, not Spike. "What's wrong with them?" The Immortal asked Jean.

Jean limped over to them, trying to catch his breathe from the ordeal. "They're under an illusion spell. They think they are somewhere else," Jean told him.

The Immortal walked closer to Jean and grabbed his collar. "Get her back. You can leave Spike, but I want Buffy back. Now!" The Immortal demanded.

Jean swallowed hard under The Immortal's grip. "I...I can't. Only they can..." He was cut off by The Immortal throwing him across the room. He fell, unconscious.

The Immortal looked back down at Buffy and Spike. He didn't know what to do. "Buffy, can you hear me?" She didn't look up. They were still lost in their own world.

He paced around the room. Sergio joined him. "There has to be a way to..."

"You never know when to quit, do you?" Angel stood at the doorway, holding a long sharp sword.

Sergio raised his hand to try a spell but Angel punched his face, knocking him out before he could do anything.

"Angelus, I should say the same to you. Didn't you're women come to me for things you couldn't... help them out with?" The Immortal sneered.

Angel closed in on him. "It must kill you that Buffy wants nothing to do with you," Angel said.

"Ah, it must kill you that Spike gives her everything you couldn't. How does it feel to be so incompetent... and impotent?" The Immortal spewed.

Angel moved closer to him, noticing Buffy curled up under Spike. "Is that all you got... Morty? I mean, all of this for the affections of a woman who thinks you're a step below a sewer rat?" Angel said.

The Immortal held his ground as Angel came face to face with him. He made a fist and punched Angel sending him across the room. Angel rose to his feet and ran towards the Immortal with the sword raised. Angel got a good slice in the Immortal's coat.

"Bastard!" The Immortal yelled. He threw another punch at Angel.

Angel caught his fist and pushed him back a few feet. "Give up. Go back to Italy, we don't want you here."

The Immortal moved towards Angel. He brushed himself off. "Angelus, I plan on returning to Italy... with Buffy."

He punched Angel again. Angel fell back and onto the floor. The Immortal came towards him and lifted his fist for another punch. Angel drew his sword and sliced The Immortal's leg. The Immortal winced in pain. Angel bounced back to his feet and smiled at him.

"Come on... give me all you got," Angel teased.

The Immortal reached for Angel. He grabbed him by the shirt and held him in the air. He tossed him over to Spike and Buffy. Angel leaned over Spike and tapped his shoulder. "Spike, come back to us. Spike!" Angel said to him.

Spike raised his head in a daze. His face was red and eyes bloodshot. He looked around the room, then at Angel. "Angel?"

Angel smiled to have him back to reality. But it was short lived. The Immortal sent another punch to the back of Angel's head. Angel winced in pain and stood. The Immortal now held a sword as well.

"Do you think I came unprepared?" The Immortal said.

Angel raised his sword and began dueling with him. He led The Immortal to the other side of the room. They locked swords, and Angel pushed him back against the wall. With a second to spare he looked back at Spike.

"Spike! Get Buffy out of here!" Angel instructed.

Spike still in a daze nodded at Angel. He looked at Buffy. She was covering her head, rocking. "Buffy, luv. Come back to Spike. Buffy?"

Buffy slowly lifted her head. She looked at Spike, then to Angel sword fighting with The Immortal. "Spike? Are we..."

Spike rose to his feet, helping Buffy to hers. Reality was coming back.

They were finally back.

Buffy glanced over Spike's shoulder at The Immortal. "It was him. All along," Buffy said.

"Yeah, him too I wager." Spike said as he pointed to an unconscious Jean Trevaud.

Angel looked back over at them, pissed they were still there. "Spike, Buffy! Get the hell out of here!" Angel shouted.

They knew Angel would be fine. The Immortal was strong, but Angel was stronger. He probably couldn't kill him, but he definitely could put him out of commission for a while.

Buffy and Spike looked back at him as they walked over the rubble to the next room. She walked ahead of Spike, spotting the crystal ball sitting on the small table. She lifted it and threw it against the wall, shattering it in pieces.

Angel sliced The Immortal's chest, leaving a gaping wound. The Immortal slumped back in pain. No one has ever had the balls to fight him like this. He hated Angel for humiliating him. He hated Buffy for getting away and Spike for helping.

"So, have you had enough? Cus I can keep going if ya like," Angel teased.

The Immortal was grabbing his chest, feeling the blood pour out of the gash.

Angel elbowed him to the ground. The Immortal fell to the floor. Angel lifted his boot and pounded The Immortal's head. He lay still.

"There, now it's better when you don't talk," Angel said. He raised his sword and drove it through The Immortal's arm, into the wood floor.

"Now, you can stay here and think about what you have done," Angel teased. He walked to the door and grinned. He had wanted to do this for a long time. "Man, I wish I had a camera."

Spike and Buffy walked through the endless hallways. They all looked the same, it felt like they were going in circles.

She stopped.

"What is it?" Spike asked her.

"Where the hell are we going? It all looks the same," she said.

He stepped closer to her and noticed her expression change from confusion to fear. Her eyes widened as she glanced at his neck.

"Spike, what happened?" she said, brushing her fingers across his neck.

He didn't know what she was talking about. He felt his neck.

Bite marks.

He felt his entire body heated up. His throat tightened as his he became dizzy.

"Spike, what?" Buffy asked.

"I... I think I ...killed Drusilla," he choked.