Well, this part ( and the next one, too) should be fun, at least I wish!

EPILOGUE (PART 1)

London 21 Nov 2010 5:30 pm.

“ I’m kinda nervous!” Buffy exclaimed, standing still in front of the entrance.
“ I’m sure everything will be fine!” Spike incited her, as they got in their children’s class at Elementary school, where the teachers were waiting for them.
After their marriage, thanks to the other Slayers that didn’t make anymore the patrol her main occupation, Buffy had decided to go back to College, she had got a degree in Psychology in three years, and at the end she had started to work in a consulting room, with a fair success.
His passion for Literature and Narrative, that had never left him at the very end, had helped Spike (who had become Mr. William Summers for all the other people) to write horror tales, but also more sentimental romances that had almost immediately became best sellers.
Poetry was still a private hobby of his.
With the first money, they had decided to move to London, because they both wanted their children to grow up in a quieter town than Los Angeles.
They lived in a small house, sure, but without any fences: Spike found them… dangerous!
Distance hadn’t spoilt the rapports with the others, because they paid each other visits and they constantly kept in touch.
Giles had also come back to London, where he worked as a librarian, but his second job was to look after Spike and Buffy’s kids, and he was fond of them.
Although many years had passed, the time seemed to have left no marks on their aspect: Giles had his first white hair, Spike had just a bit more marked features, plus he had forsaken his peroxide hair, coming back to his indomitable brown curls that his wife loved and that reminded her of the first day they met again, at Dawn’s school, after his journey in Africa.
Buffy was simply more woman, and she was the only one keeping the ‘ Bottle blonds ‘ flag flying, but she had a shorter hair cut.

By then, their children were already attending the first grade at elementary school, and that was their first Parents-Teachers Meeting of the first trimester.
“ Welcome Mr and Mrs. Summers, we were waiting for you!” one of the two teachers welcomed them.
“ If I’m not wrong, you’re Miss Marlow, Liam’s teacher, right?” Buffy asked.
“ Yeah, you’re right. Liam is a brilliant student, he’s smart and clever… but he’s got a terrible mark in conduct: he’s too lively and a bit aggressive, too… because he often bites the other children… just light bites, it’s not a serious damage … but it’s kind of disquieting!” the teacher commented.
“ Really?” Buffy wondered, making a mental note about lecturing Liam for the umpteenth time not to make him bite people, because it was a very bad thing.
“ Yeah, and there’s more: when he hurts himself, playing with the other kids or running and falling, grazing an elbow or a knee, instead of crying he licks and sucks his own wounds. I tried to make him stop and do you know what he answered me? ‘ But I like blood! ‘ “ the teacher reported, a little squeamish.
“ Oh my god, that’s worrying!” Spike pretended to be concerned, when inside he was dying to burst out laughing.

< Eh, eh, there’s no doubt: he’s my son!>

“ Besides, I had never heard so many times the word ‘ Bloody ‘ in a single sentence. I don’t think such a little child should talk like that!” the teacher added.
“ You’re right, Miss Marlow. I’m terribly sorry. Where could he have learnt such a bad word?” Buffy exclaimed, throwing daggers at her husband with her eyes.

“ What about Nikki, Mrs. McKennen ?” Spike asked the other woman that hadn’t spoken yet.
“ Oh, Nikki is an angel: she has got a lovely conduct, she is good in every subject… maybe she has got some troubles in History…” the older woman explained.
“ Anyway, there’s something I’d like to discuss with you…” she informed them, drawing out a sheet of paper from her folder.
“ I know that children have a big imagination, but… last week I set an essay about children’s parents’ job… and that’s what she has written: ‘ My Mommy used to dust lots of vampires, kill demons and save the world. Daddy was a Big Bad Master Vampire, but after meeting Mommy he also saved the world four or five times. So, after falling in love and dying twice each of them, now Mommy became a psilocol.. ‘ well, Nikky wrote that wrong, after all, it’s a very difficult word for her, ‘ … a psychologist, and Daddy a writer. Anyway, they still like killing vampires once in a while… ‘ See? It’s scary, you’d better do something about, maybe she watches too much TV, otherwise, how else could she put such ideas into her mind?”
“ Probably is the TV… “ Spike commented very quietly.
“ I don’t think it’s a big deal: I’m a psychologist, so I can say there’s nothing wrong in Nikki ’s mind! After all, you also said that before: kids have a big imagination!” Buffy smiled.
------------------------------------------------------------
“ So, it wasn’t such a big tragedy, after all!” Spike commented, setting the car in motion to go back home.
“ Yeah, it could be worse: Liam just has to learn how to behave, and Nikki, well.. the secrecy!” Buffy said.
“ You know, sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing telling them the truth immediately…”
“ Pet, I’m sure we had: they would have found out the truth sooner or later, and they would have hated us for not telling them it!” Spike convinced her.
“ Besides, they don’t seem to be scared…”
“ Quite the contrary, honey: they love when you vamp out… they call it ‘ the Funny-Face ’!” Buffy laughed.
“ And they are not the only ones who love it..” she added, looking at her husband seductively.
His only answer, he let his eyes flash golden.
Spike parked the car and the two blondes barely manage to get out of the car, because their kids, hearing them arriving, ran into them.

TBC