Chapter 9 – Confessions



The scratching of pencil on pen sounded through the empty room as he sat, his acoustic guitar propped up on his knee as he wrote down the notes to the song that was currently running through his mind. His clock blinked twelve thirty in its neon green light at him. He glanced at it, yawning while rubbing his eyes. “I gotta finish this,” he growled to himself, setting the pencil down on the paper. He picked up his lucky pick and began to strum the next couple cords, closing his eyes as he did so.

“William, are you still up?” his father called. Spike growled, opening his eyes, angry that his concentration had been lost.

“Yes da, now please leave me alone.”

“Alright, just keep it down. Night son.” Spike sighed, smiling as he nodded and said goodnight back. He turned back to his guitar and continued, finishing the music for the song within the next hour before finally falling to sleep.




“If I do fail, if I succeed!” Cordelia belted out with a smile, making Xander, Buffy, Willow, Angel, Spike, and everyone cringe as they tried to be supportive to their friend.

“Thank you Cordelia, I think that’s enough,” Giles called out from the seat in front of Xander.

“But I haven’t even finished!”

“Yes but this isn’t the really thing. Just the audition and your in so do sit down so we can see the others,” Giles asked politely, as Cordelia only shrugged before coming and taking her seat next to Xander who smiled a little too widely at her. “Next please!” Giles called in which Jonathan walked onto the stage with a tuba. “This is going to be a long day.”

“Don’t worry. Things could be worse. We could still be listening to Cordelia and at least his pretty good at it!” Buffy stated, smiling as she patted her favorite teacher on his back while Cordelia shot a glare towards her.

“True but still, I really don’t want to be here. I have better things to do just like all of you, yea?” The group nodded. “Exactly, Snyder is a horrible man who should die a horrible bloody death!”

“Do I Mr. Giles?” Principle Snyder stood next to Giles as he watched Jonathan and his tuba. “I see that everything is running smoothly. I’m sorry to be interrupting your alone time with Ms. Calendar although I’m sure you both are doing just fine, yes?” Giles glared at Snider while the gang kept their eyes on the stage. “Ms. Rosen burg, where is that short boy friend of yours? I told him he must participate in this little performance.” Willow’s head shot up, a smile lighting up her face.

“Oz? Oz is coming?” she asked excited. Snyder cringed, nodding. “Yay! Oz is going to suffer with me! I’m not alone!”

“And what am I, chop liver?” Xander asked, glaring at Willow who smiled sheepishly while returning her attention to the stage.




“I never want to do that again!” Spike chuckled lightly as he held her hand. “I mean, it’s bad enough that we have to be in this stupid thing and now it’s going to be on my birthday! I mean, does that bald little man hate me that much!” Buffy yelled, angry and annoyed that Xander had brought her birthday up while Snyder was standing there.

“It’s not that bad love. It could be a lot worse.” Buffy stopped, looking up at him, her hands on her hips.

“I highly doubt that,” she stated causing Spike to chuckle and pulled her into his arms. She smiled, standing on her tip toes and placing a small chase kiss upon his lips. He smiled, burring his head in the crook of her neck.

“I love you,” he mumbled against her neck, inhaling her scent as he did so.

“What?” Buffy asked, giggling after not quiet hearing what he said. Spike pulled away from her, looking down at her seriously causing her stop smiling. “What?” she asked again, confused.

“I love you,” he whispered. Buffy looked up at him, shocked. She tried to talk, tried to say something to convey that she felt the same way but found the words couldn’t come out. She opened her mouth, only to close it, causing Spike to smile. “You don’t have to say it if you’re not ready. I just want you to know.” She smiled, looking up at him as she stood on her tip toes. He leaned down, connecting their lips in a soulful kiss. “I love you,” he murmured against her causing her to giggle as they held each other in the middle of the street.




Spike smiled to himself as he sat on his bed, guitar in lap, as he thought of her. Her picture sat in front of him as Death Cab for Cutie played in the background. He said it. He finally got it off his chest. It was a great feeling. And the funny thing was he believed it was the first time he had meant it. Sure he had said he had loved Drusilla a million times over but had he meant it? What Drusilla and he had was something totally separate from what he and Buffy had. And he loved it. Hell, he loved everything about her.

His grin grew as he looked down at the music in front of him. She was going to love this. Strumming the first chords of the song, he began. “I can’t remember the time or place. Or what you were wearing. It’s unclear about how we met. All I know is that it was the best conversation that I ever had. Till this day I’ve never found someone with eyes as wide as yours. I’ve been searching up and down this coast. Over looking what I need the most. Did you notice I was afraid? I thought I’d run out of things to say. Two more hours until today burns this away and it starts all over again. The sky will never look the same again until show me how it could be. The sky will never look the same again until you show me how it could be. And every-“

“Is that the song?” Spike looked up from his guitar, seeing his father standing in the doorframe. Spike nodded, looking down at the papers in front of him. “She’s gonna love it. You’re very talented.”

“Thanks da. That means a lot to me.” His father gave a small smile.

“Hold onto her son. Don’t let her go or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.”

“Da! We’re only in high school!” His father eyed him, his small smile turning into a frown. Spike sighed, closing his eyes as a smile graced his lips. “I won’t da, not for the world.”

“Well then. Keep working on it son. You’re gonna make it big someday if you keep writing songs like that. I’ll leave you now.” Spike chuckled nodding as his father left but not without one more lingering glance at the son he never had.

TBC





A/N:
I know, it's been forever and this is a pretty short chapter. I'm sorry. My muse has skipped out on me. Give me lots of reviews and I promise I shall try to have another chapter up by the end of this week. If there isn't one up by 4/10, you all feel free to send me hate mail and all that ok! Hope you liked this chapter! Don't worry, Buffy will say it soon!!!

The Story So Far (C) by New Found Glory
(the song spike is singing)