Chapter 8 – Shooting Stars



“You’re crazy you know that, right?” Spike chuckled as Buffy began to climb out her window out onto the roof. She looked at him, giggling as she shook her blonde hair.

“What’s crazy about wanting to watch the meteor shower?” she asked. She hopped out onto the landing, walking up before settling herself on the top, looking out into the clear sky full of stars. Spike was soon sitting next to her, his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She smiled, sighing as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Nothing love. So, have you talked to Willow?” Buffy smiled, nodding her head.

“Yea. She’s going on a date with Oz right now as we speak. She’s calling afterwards to fill me in on the goodness.” Spike only smiled and stared up at the sky. He used to do this with his mom, back in England. Since they lived in the city, lights were always around so they only saw glimpses of the shooting stars but it always made his mother smile. “This is my first time ever watching a meteor shower.”

“Really?”

“Yea. When I was five, one happened and my dad was going to take me up to the park and we were going to camp out and watch it. I waited for four hours after the shower had started for him. He didn’t come home till after three morning. Turns out it was one of those nights where he was sneaking off to do his secretary.” Spike looked down at her, a fown across his lips as he watched the beginnings of tears began to start at her eyes. He sighed, tilted her head up towards him, brushing the tears with his thumb.

“Shh, love. Don’t cry. It’s time to make new memories.” Buffy smiled nodding in agreement, causing Spike to smile also. His thumb caressed her cheek as his lips met her in a chaste kiss, soft, and innocent. His smell surrounded her, liquor and cigarettes with a hint of cinnamon. Comforting. She smiled against his lips, her tongue coming to trace his lips. Spike growled playfully, pulling her on top of his lap, holding her up as her tongue slipped between his lips. Her fingers played with the soft hairs at the nape of his neck as her tongue danced in tangles and dominance with his own. They just weren’t close enough, she pushed up against him as he did the same. He pulled away slowly when he became aware of the hard on he was sporting. “Buffy,” he whispered, raggedly. She looked at him sheepishly, a small smile upon her swollen lips. His blue eyes traced her face as his fingers traced her lips. “I’m going to drown in you,” he whispered.

The phone could be heard ringing in her room through the open window. “It’s Willow,” she whispered. Spike nodded, swallowing what moisture was in his mouth. How much he wanted to taste her again. The phone rang a few more times as the sat, staring at each other, both not wanting to break the moment first.

“Some one should probably get it.” Buffy nodded, not moving, her breath coming in short pants. His fingers traced her lips as his eyes stared at hers, trying to read the feelings that were swimming there.

“Buffy! It’s Willow!”

“Coming mom,” she called, sighing with a small smile as she began to climb off him and climb into her room. Spike watched her a small smile playing on his lips.

“I am defiantly going to drown in her.”




“So, what are you doing?”

“Well Spike and I were going to watch the meteor shower.”

“Spike’s there! Why didn’t you tell me! If you had told me, I would have called back later!”

“It’s ok, he’s fallen asleep on my bed anyways. I think shopping with me today wore him out.”

“Ah, so how’s the couple?”

“We’re great, excellent even.”

“But?”

“I don’t know, something happened…”


Buffy sat next to him, looking out her window at the stars as her fingers interlaced with his. She sighed, running her other hand through his hair, caressing his cheek with the back of her hands. He looked so peaceful, so young. She looked out the window, a smile upon her lips as the first shooting star wizzed by. She looked down at Spike, shaking him gently. “Spike, it’s started.” A groan escaped his lips as he opened one eye to find Buffy smiling down at him. “Time to make new memories,” she whispered. He smiled, nodding as he sat up on the bed pulling her to sit between his legs as the both watched the meteor shower outside her window.

“What are you going to wish for?” he whispered against her ear, his arms tightening around her waist.

“Can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“Because then it won’t come true.” Spike chuckled, turning her so he could look her in the eye.

“I promise what ever you wish for will come true.”

“Promise?” she whispered, taking in her soft blue gaze. He smiled, nodding.

“I promise.” He leaned down, his lips softly grazing hers as they kissed under the moon and the shooting stars in the dark night sky.




Next Day


It had to be the most horrible thing that had ever happened to the gang. The talent show. Their principal, Mr. Snyder who had a habbit of ruining every child’s life, had told the gang that they had to perform in the talent show. Buffy sighed as she sat between Xander and Willow on a bench in the courtyard. Willow with her hands over her eyes, Buffy with her hands over her ears, and Xander with his hands over his mouth. “What’s up with the no evil monkey act?” Oz asked as he and Spike made their way over to where the three sat. Spike shrugged smiling as her pulled Buffy up from the bench, kissing her gently. She gave him a small smile and then rested her forehead against his chest in defeat.

“What’s wrong, love?”

“I have two evil words for you,” Xander began looking at him. “Talent. Show.”

“I have another two evil words! Principal Snyder!” Willow exclaimed as Oz took the seat next to her which Buffy had vacated.

“Oh, Snyder’s making you guys do the talent show too?” he asked, putting his arm around his new girlfriend. Willow sighed, her shoulders slumping as she nodded. “I saw him in action. Cordelia and Angel got hit too.”

“Did you?” Willow asked. Oz smiled and shook his head no. Willow groaned, resting her head against his chest. “What are we supposed to do?”

“I know! We can reenact a scene from Star Wars!” Xander exclaimed excitedly, smiling. Buffy turned around, leaning against Spike as she crossed her arms.

“No. A world of no.” Xander sighed, his shoulders slumping in defeat as he rested his head in his hands.

“Well, I don’t hear you guys coming up with anything.”

“Why not do Oedipus? We’re reading it in English. Lets just do an excerpt from that. Plus we can wear masks!” Buffy shrugged, nodding.

“Well, it’s better than anything Xander and I could have come up with.”

“Hey! I still stand by my Star Wars idea, ok?"?


TBC