Chapter 6 - Dressed to Kill


“Fuck! Da! Where the bloody hell is my tie?” Spike screamed as he buttoned up his shirt. He was going to be late. Real late. “Da?”
“I’m coming William. I’m coming. Do I need to remind you that I have Mr. Giles downstairs? You think you would cut back on the cursing when a guest is in the house but no. Can’t do anything for your old man can you?” Spike’s eyebrows shot up as he turned and looked at his dad.
“What the fuck is my English teacher doing here?”
“I asked him to come. Now shut your gob and let me tie your tie.” Spike sighed as he waited impatiently for his father to tie his black tie.
“Could you please hurry up? I’m late to pick up Buffy and Willow.” His father only smiled as he finished the bow before stepping back and looking at his son.
“You’re mother would be so proud you know?” Spike smiled, nodding his head. “You look so much like her. I swear I see her every time I look at your eyes.”
“I miss her too Da. You could always come back with me you know. You could see her again.” Spike’s father shook his head sadly.
“I’m afraid it can’t be William. You’re mother. Her parents. They don’t approve of me. Never did.”
“So! What does that matter? God, do you know how hard it’s been for her. I hear her cry herself to sleep every night and that annoying grand mum of mine keeps parading men in front of her. If you would come back then she’d be happy and you’d be happy too.” Not to mention me too. He sighed, shaking his head when his father didn’t answer. “I gotta go. I’m late anyways. I’ll be back late.” He shook his head again as he grabbed his jacket and car keys. His father made no move to speak and as Spike began to leave he turned to his father and looked at him longingly. “I haven’t had a father for fourteen years. Mum hasn’t had a husband for sixteen. You’ve given me two years of your life. Do you think you could give her the same if not more?”


“Buffy! He’s here! Spike is here!” Willow exclaimed giddily as she wrapped her shawl around her shoulders. “I can’t believe I’m going to prom with Angel Conner. As a friend that is but still! Angel Conner asked me to Homecoming!” Buffy laughed, smiling at her friend’s excitement. Buffy finished putting her lip gloss on before checking herself one last time in the mirror. She had decided to leave her hair down, falling in lazy curls around her shoulders. She wore a white satin gown which flowed gracefully to the ground, the top hugging her chest before flowing outwards. “You ready?” Willow asked, pulling on her fingers. Buffy turned to her smiling as she nodded.
“Buffy! Willow! William is here!” Joyce called up before running into the kitchen to grab her camera which she had left on the counter.
Willow rushed towards the door, about to bound down the stairs, ready to get to Homecoming and see Angel. “Willow!” Buffy half yelled, half whispered. “We have to make our entrance!” Willow sighed, rolling her eyes and pouting.
“But he won’t be able to see my entrance and I wanna go!” Buffy giggled, patting her friend on the shoulder.
“Alright, but we do this slowly. Come on,” she said, holding out her arm as Willow linked arms with her. They both giggled, walking out of her room and slowly down the stairs, one at a time.

“There’s Willow!” Joyce said in excitement after taking many blinding shots of Spike in his tux. He sighed, thankful to Willow for her entrance. He smiled, walking over to his friend and hugging her.
“You look beautiful. Angel’s gonna fall all over you,” he said smiling as Willow blushed. She hit at him, walking away from the stairs.
“Thank you Willy.” He could only blush at the use of his childhood name until his attention was turned to the stairs where Buffy was walking down. He smiled, wondering how he had managed to get the most beautiful girl in the school to go out with him. When she reached the last step, he held out his arm, handing her the white rose he had been hiding behind his back. She smiled, standing on her tip toes as she placed a small kiss on his cheek.
“You look smashing, luv. Good enough to eat,” he whispered in her ear, making her shiver slightly at the innuendo.
“Come on guys! We have to meet Cordy and Xander and Angel!” Willow exclaimed, clapping her hands and she jumped up and down.
“Wait! I need to get pictures.” Willow, Buffy, and Spike gathered for pictures, smiling as the flash blinded them. Finally, after five minuets of taking pictures, they piled into Spike’s old Black Desoto. Soon, they were outside their school, ready to go in. The thing was, none of them knew of the danger lurking inside the wooden double doors.



TBC...