HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
Author’s note: Disheartened by the show’s poor treatment of my beloved Spike, I thought I would have to take poor Spike’s fate into my lily-white hands. And there it is, all bundled up, swathed in the spuffiest of nests. For those like me for whom there is no BTVS worth speaking of without Buffy and Spike together, for your pleasure… NB: No Dawn ever existed in this story. NB: I had great fun writing this story, and I hope I managed to convey that fun to you. Let me know.

Type: humour, romance.
Rating: NC-17 my favourite.
Spoilers: Season 6.
Disclaimers: Btvs and all its characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. Although both Spike and Buffy are begging me to adopt them as they’re having so much fun with me.
Distribution: anyone can have it as long as you ask first.

HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
PART ONE
At the furthest end of the plush velvet seat, Spike was waiting for her, casting regular glances towards the entrance door to the Bronze scanning every new entry for that vision of elusive beauty. There she was with her faithful army, Red, the Whelp, Demon Girl and Glinda… Buffy, god…
He could still feel her lips on his when she had attacked him in the abandoned house. Her lips, he remembered her hair too, her face in his hands, her hands on his body, and his on hers. Her skin, so soft, so silky, so blessedly warm to the touch… He recalled how she had not wanted to go home to Red and her bird, hell, he hadn’t wanted her to, but he had wanted her to remain in touch with her world, a world she was distancing herself from day after day.
Tonight she seemed to have heeded his warning, as he saw her smile at her friends, a big genuine smile, one he hadn’t seen again until that night at the abandoned house when she had plunged her triumphant loving eyes into his as she impaled herself upon him inch by agonizing inch. He felt the familiar stirring in his groin at the memory.
But now it was time to wear the guise complete with mask he and Buffy had decided they should don with her friends.
The group was slowly making their way towards his table, not having noticed him yet. Well, she had, the others hadn’t. She had lifted her eyes to him just then and the corners of her lips had lifted a little at the sight of him waiting for her. Buffy managed to elbow her way through the packed crowd of Saturday night Bronzers, her target was in sight and no one would deter her from it.
He and Buffy had planned this beforehand. They would meet with the Scoobies in tow though they would keep their relationship a secret. Spike understood that Buffy was not ready to confront her friends with it. Just as she had done with “I was in Heaven” she would do anything to preserve the fragile truce that existed at the moment.
She knew she could count on Tara, perhaps even Anya to be on her side, but Willow or god forbid Xander…
Spike understood all that, she had told him it was only temporary and he accepted it. Besides, he loved a dirty little secret just like the next person, and what they’d been doing in the abandoned house, on every available surface at the crypt, in the dark alleyway behind the DMP, well, if that wasn’t a “dirty” little secret, he didn’t know what was.


TBC