Chapter 8


Buffy got up at 11:00. She was still very tired, but she couldn’t shirk her duties.

She had peeked in on the boys on her way downstairs. They were all bundled up under their covers, looking peaceful and angelic. Buffy had smiled at the smile on Spike’s face. Apparently, she had done something right. Her tongue unconsciously wet her upper lip as she imagined going in the room, and waking them up in a very unconventional way. Spike would be naked (of course) under his covers. William looked so adorable in his sleep. He was probably wearing pajama pants, maybe those loose-fitting blue cotton ones that gave just a hint of what delights were contained within...Buffy shook her head to come out of the horny haze she'd put herself in.

She would most definitely ravish Spike again later today. But William...she couldn't; she shouldn't. As tempted and as hot as she was for him, she couldn't do that.

Then she had gone down to the kitchen to have some coffee and plan lunch. She wanted to make a big lunch. Spike deserved something special. What an amazing lover he had proved to be! After the initial animal-like coupling on the kitchen island (which she scrubbed down, first thing) he had taken his time with her, exploring her body. Buffy hadn’t met a man who enjoyed foreplay as much as he did - he was quite a find! His tongue was a thing of beauty: He could curl it, wiggle it and manipulate it like a finger.

Their time in her bedroom had been the longest-lasting and most satisfying sex Buffy had ever had. Yes, she did feel guilty and wicked for giving in and sleeping with him. But she also felt so fulfilled and happy. She also couldn’t help wondering again what a threesome with William would be like--sugar and spice. Oh, it would be so hot! But she couldn’t drag him into this too. He was much more innocent than his brother, more like a 16-year-old should be.

Her bad inner-voice said, ‘Hey, you’re already going to Hell, right? You’re already up to your neck in trouble. Go for it! Spike’s a freaky little bugger, he’ll agree. You know that he and William do things to each other. They possibly do more than what you saw. William wants you too. Think of the pleasure of both of them touching you!’

Buffy sighed and shook her head. Concentrating on the He-Man lunch she was fixing.

William came into the kitchen, attracted by the aroma of the food.

“Good morning, William,” Buffy said cheerfully.

“It’s afternoon,” he said, going to the refrigerator. His voice was devoid of his usual good humor.

Buffy didn't notice at first, attributing anything seeming out of the ordinary to just waking up. And she was feeling kinda loopy after Spike fucked her like a champ all night. “Yeah,” she chuckled, “I guess it is. You hungry? I made pancakes, bacon and sausage.”

“Yes, I’m hungry.” William took the orange juice and sat down at the island.

Buffy put a heaping plate down in front of him. “There you go. I love buttermilk pancakes, don’t you?”

“Yes.” He poured a glass of orange juice and drank it fast.

“Do you like maple syrup? We have blueberry too, I think.”

“This is fine.” William covered his pancakes with syrup.

Buffy frowned. William's gloominess finally registered in her mind. “You okay?” All of his answers had been said in a kind of monotone.

“Yes. I just didn’t sleep well.”

“You do look tired. You’re not coming down with anything, are you?” Buffy went to put her palm against his forehead to feel for a temperature.

William jerked away from her hand.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy said, startled.

“Nothing. I don’t like people touching me,” he said, meeting her eyes for the first time.

Buffy was surprised to see anger in his baby blues, directed at her. He had never acted like or looked at her like this before. Had...Spike told him after all?

“’ello, all!” Spike said, breezing into the kitchen. “Mmmm-MMM! Somethin’ smells gooooood!” He grinned and sat on a seat next to his brother.

“Good morning, Spike,” Buffy said, taking her eyes from William’s icy glare.

“I could eat a horse.”

“Sorry, no equines. But there are pancakes.” Buffy smiled slightly.

“Eh, those are good too. Lay some flapjack goodness on me, luv.” Spike winked at her.

William’s stomach was turning, remembering what he saw happening on the very table that his food was sitting on right now. Hearing their cute banter made him sicker. He pushed his plate away and stood up.

“Not eating, Will?” Spike asked.

“Lost my appetite.”

Buffy put Spike’s plate down in front of him and looked at William with concern. “Maybe you are getting a cold or something. Why don’t you go back upstairs to rest for a while?”

“I’ve got plans for today,” William said flatly. “Can’t lay around in bed all day. I’m going out.”

He left the kitchen, going upstairs.

“Spike, did you tell him?!” Buffy whispered, her eyes still fixed on the archway where William had gone.

Spike shook his head, frowning. “No, I swear I didn’t say a word.”

“Well, something’s wrong with him. He’s acting seriously wiggy. I tried to touch his forehead to see if he felt hot and he acted like I was trying to wipe a booger on him. And he was really unfriendly, he looked at me like he hated me.”

Spike thought about it. “He was strange with me too when I went to bed.”

“He has to know! What else could it be?” Buffy said, her heart pumping harder. “Oh God, he knows and he’s disgusted with us! What if he tells someone?!”

Spike took her hand, squeezing it lightly. “He won’t tell, Buffy. We don’t even know what’s bothering him, not for sure. Keep my food warm, will you, pet? I’ll talk to him and see if I can get it out of him.”

Buffy nodded, chewing on a fingernail anxiously as she watched Spike go.

Spike went upstairs to their bedroom. William was brushing his hair, he stopped and looked emotionlessly at Spike in the mirror.

“Will, what’s wrong?” Spike asked, entering and closing the door.

William returned to brushing his hair. “What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean. You were weird with Buffy, and--”

“Is that what she told you?”

“That’s what I saw. And she did tell me that you were actin’ strange before I came down.”

“So, I’m not allowed to have a bad day? I’m not allowed to be anything but William the bashful, blushing git?” He threw his hairbrush down on the dresser.

Spike’s brows knit. “Okay, what the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Nothing. I’m just fine.” He buttoned up his shirt hurriedly.

“No, you’re not. Are you pissed because I didn’t come to bed until so late? Did you want to do stuff?”

William chuckled. “You’re so stuck on yourself, Spike. Yes, one night without you and I’m a mess. Get real. Just leave me the hell alone and I’ll be happy.”

“I’m not leaving you alone. Not until you tell me what’s really wrong.”

“Then I’m going to leave you very disappointed. I’ve got errands to run.”

“Did...something happen last night that’s put you in such a piss-poor mood?”

“Why?” William stared him in the eye. “What could have happened?”

“That’s...what I’m asking you.”

“I don’t know what you could possibly mean. Did something happen that I should know about?”

Spike cracked his neck to both sides and grimaced. “I’m not in the mood for a bloody Abbott & Costello routine, William.”

“Neither am I,” William said, throwing some clothes into a duffelbag, and then zipping it closed.

“What’s that for?” Spike asked, pointing to the bag.

“I’m spending the day and staying overnight at my friend Andrew’s place.”

“So you’re just buggering off for the whole day and night?”

“Yes.” William strode towards the door.

Spike stepped in front of him. “Okay, that’s it. I’m just coming right out and asking you. You know about me and Buffy, don’t you?”

William’s face changed, openly showing his contempt. “Yes. Don’t worry though, I’m not going to blab about it.”

“Why didn’t you just bloody say so!?”

“Because it’s a big secret, isn’t it?” William’s eyes narrowed. “Just between you and Buffy.”

“She asked me not to--”

“You don’t need to explain it to me. I’m doing you a favor by leaving. Now you can shag anytime that you want without worrying about me catching you. Again.”

Spike winced. “You saw? Will, I wanted to--”

“Just shut up! Shut the bloody hell up! And get out of my way, wanker!”

“No.” Spike’s jaw muscles twitched. “You’re going to let me explain everything. And don’t fucking talk to me like that.”

“You going to beat me up? I don’t care, go ahead.”

“I don’t want to beat you up, Will! I just want you to hear me out.”

“I don’t want to hear anything you have to say. You weren’t going to tell me about it at all. I had to find out like--like that! You lied to me. You slept on the couch, eh? Go to Hell! You can have each other, I hope you’re both very happy.”

“I WAS going to tell you! I want to include you too. But Buffy is--”

“I DON’T CARE! Don’t do me any bloody favors, Randy. You know, that name really does suit you more than ‘Spike.’ I‘m leaving.”

Spike grabbed him by the arm, gritting his teeth. “You’re being a big, huge fucking baby about this. Let. Me. Explain!”

“Sod off!” William growled, pulling his arm away. “I want nothing to do with you OR her.” He had to leave or he was going to start crying. He was the big loser, as always. “Like I said, I won’t tell anyone about you. Rest easy.”

“Will! Just--”

William slammed the door on his way out.

“Shit!” Spike closed his eyes.

William had seen them last night and had been hurt by it. He didn’t know what exactly what was going through his little brother’s mind (the ponce wouldn’t let him get out more than five words at a time without interrupting), but he obviously felt jealous, left out and cast aside. If he would have only let Spike explain the situation...It hurt Spike that William was hurt. If it were the other way around, Spike would have been upset too. Spike loved his brother, in both familial and intimate ways. He had to show William that.

“I should have guessed it. Shit, now what?” He sat on his bed, thinking about how to approach William the next time he had a chance to talk to him.

Buffy came in. “What happened? William just stormed out of the house!”

Spike sighed. “He does know.”

“Oh...” Buffy gulped.

“He won’t tell anyone. But he’s upset.”

“Wh-What did he say?”

“Not much. He wouldn’t let me say much either. I’ll straighten it out with him tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? Why not sooner?”

“He said he’s staying over at his friend’s house tonight.”

“Spike, what are we going to do? I feel so terrible. Do you know why he’s so upset about it?”

“I’ve got an inkling. Will and I...have a special relationship.” Spike knew that she already knew, so it wasn’t a big bombshell. “I think he’s jealous. And pissed that I lied to him about where and how I spent last night.”

Buffy blushed, knowing just how ‘special’ a relationship the twins had. “I...have to confess that I did know about you two.”

Spike smiled a little. “Yeah, I know that you know. I saw you peeking once.”

“Oh my God.” Buffy put her hands over her eyes. “I’m sorry! I knew I shouldn’t have been doing that--but I couldn‘t stop watching!”

Spike got up and put his arms around her. He kissed her hands. “Don’t apologize, pet. I was worried what you might think though. What...did you think?”

“I--I thought it was the hottest thing I’d ever seen in my life.” Buffy took her hands away from her face, putting them on Spike’s arms.

He kissed her lightly. “Good. He really fancies you too, Buffy. You think, after I calm William down, that the three of us can...” Spike waggled his eyebrows.

Buffy swallowed hard, wanting to say ‘YES!’ But she shook her head. “I can’t, Spike. I shouldn’t have started th-this with you. I can’t bring him into it, too. I want to try and save at least a little piece of my soul from Satan’s clutches.”

Spike looked disappointed. “First off, I don't believe in Hell. Second, how can you go to Hell for making two men the happiest blokes on Earth?”

“Do you think he’ll be alright? I hate that he’s upset about this. I’m not trying to take you away from him if that’s what he thinks.”

“Maybe that’s part of it. There’s also the being pissed because he liked you and I was the one who got you into bed. He's doubly jealous--about both of us. I’ll talk to him, make him understand. Until he comes back, there’s not much of anything I can do about it. He’ll brood for a bit, but he’ll be okay.”

“I hope so.”

Buffy took his hand and walked with him back downstairs to the kitchen. She’d heard Spike’s growly stomach rumbling, he still needed to get some food in him.

Spike didn’t feel much like eating, but his body was demanding some nourishment. He was troubled about the whole thing. He wasn’t used to seeing William like that; it was jarring. They had fought quite a lot over the years, but this was different. William was wounded to his very core this time. It took a lot to get William that riled up. Buffy really did want them both. But she was holding back. With some gentle prodding, he was sure that he’d convince her to give both of them a go. Not now, though. Now things were a little too emotional.

Would William even go for it? Maybe he was too angry? No, the more he thought about it, the more Spike was convinced that William’s biggest problem was feeling like the odd man out. Spike would have to show him that he still wanted him too, while also trying to get Buffy to cave in about including William in their sex. It was going to be exhausting.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That night...

Buffy got all of the household chores done for the day and was relaxing on the living room couch with Spike. They were both trying not to dwell on William and the unpleasantness that had occurred, wondering how he was doing over at Andrew's place. Until he came back home, it didn't do any good to fret over it.

"We've got the house to ourselves, Buffy." Spike kissed her neck, having a good idea on how to get their minds off of anything except mutual pleasure. "We could do it anywhere we want. The pool, the jacuzzi, the dining room table, on the living room carpet, on--"

Buffy giggled, "Okay, I get it! We can have sex anywhere in the house. But--"

"But?"

"I have to go to the store first. There are some essentials that I need to get."

"Can't you go tomorrow? We've got all night, pet."

"Mmmm...No. I have to go tonight. I'll be quick as a bunny." Buffy turned around in his arms and put her arms around his neck, smiling at his pouting lip. "You'll survive a few hours without me."

"Not happily." Then he brightened. "Hey, maybe you can pick up some things we can use. Like chocolate sauce and whipped cream?"

"Hmmm, that does sound interesting. I'll see what I can find." She gave him a peck on the lips then pulled out of his embrace. "I'll be back soon."

"Okay," he said unenthusiastically.


A half hour later, Buffy was arriving at the grocery store and Spike was kicked back on the living room couch.

He had a plate of spicy wings, a six pack of beer and a soccer game on the telly. It was a good way to pass the time while he waited for Buffy to come back. And to get his mind off of William. He kept wanting to call over Andrew’s house and see if William was okay, but that wouldn’t be a good idea. Spike needed to give William his space for tonight. Tomorrow they could talk it out and get back to normal, hopefully.

Spike drank, ate and smoked cigarettes, shucking off his troubles for the time being.


"Spike, I'm back," Buffy called, coming in the front door. "I could use some help bringing the bags in. Spike?"

She heard the TV in the living room blaring loudly and walked in. Buffy shook her head with her hands on her hips. He looked over and saw her.

"Hey, pet! When did you get h-home?"

"Just now. Could you turn down the TV? My tympanic membranes are about to burst."

Spike used the remote to lower the volume. He stood up, swaying a bit.

"Did you drink all those beers?" she asked, looking at the 6 empties on the coffee table.

"Yep. Had to do something to wile away the hours."

"I was only gone an hour and a half."

He walked slowly to avoid staggering over to her. "It was an hour and a half too bloody long. Seemed like an eternity." He smirked. "C'mere."

Spike took her into his arms. He kissed the side of her neck, sniffing her floral perfume. Buffy's nose scrunched up, finding his aroma less intoxicating and more intoxicated--not terribly sexy. She wouldn't mind if she were drunk too, but now it wasn't getting her in the mood.

Buffy put her hands on his chest, gently but firmly pushing him back. "No, Spike. You're stinky and drunk. We'll talk after you've had a shower and had a little nappy-poo."

"C'mon, pet." Spike nuzzled her neck and gripped her waist. "Gimme, gimme some lovin'."

"I stand by my earlier assertion that you're stinky and drunk."

"'M not drunk!" He frowned, stepping away and releasing her. "'An I don't stink!"

"Spike, there's practically a visible halo of smell around you, it's making the air all wavy. Spicy wings, beer, cigarette smoke and sweat are not nose-pleasing aromas when combined. Are you hard of smelling? And you're swaying. How can you deny that you're drunk?"

Spike's lower lip jutted out in a sad pout. Buffy's heart melted; he looked so adorable. Drunk, but adorable.

"Fine," he said. "I'll just remove my smelly, drunk ass from your presence, Your Bleedin' Majesty!"

"Spike," Buffy put a hand on his forearm, but he jerked away from her, "Don't be upset."

"Yeah, the woman I--care about most in the whole bloody world, just told me that I make her sick and shoved me away. How am I supposed to feel? I'm goin' to my room."

He spun around, lost his balance for a moment before recovering, then stalked to the stairs. Buffy followed behind him.

"I did not shove you! At worst, it was a gentle pushing. And I didn't say that you made me sick."

"Ha! You did, too! Well I don't buh-bloody care!" He hiccupped.

"Spike, don't be like this. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings, okay? Just--Why did you have to get drunk while I was gone? I wasn't--"

"GOOD-Bloody-Night!" Spike said, ignoring her and going upstairs.

"Shit," Buffy sighed.

She considered going up to talk to him some more, but it would be best if he got some sleep. It was nearly impossible to talk reasonably with someone who'd had a few too many. Maybe after she put the groceries away she'd take a bubble bath, have a glass of wine and read in the tub for a while. It wasn't the sexfest that she'd been thinking about while shopping, but it was a relaxing way to end the evening.


Spike paced around the bedroom for a minute, mumbling to himself about Buffy and her bitchiness. He bumped into one of the beds and crawled up onto it. He was feeling kind of tired, a catnap might do him good. He collapsed onto his stomach and fell asleep almost immediately.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Earlier that night, at Andrew's house

"Give me piece 125 A," Andrew said, like a surgeon performing a serious operation.

William wearily sought out the plastic piece Andrew needed. They'd been at this forever! "Here," he said, handing it to his friend.

"There!" Andrew sat back after putting the piece in place. "The Millennium Falcon is ready for action!"

William smiled. He didn't feel much like smiling, but he had to humor Andrew.

"Let's have a juicebox break, then start on the Deathstar!" Andrew said, standing up and stretching.

"Yeah, sounds...good."

"Later we can watch, 'The Living Daylights', starring Mr. Timothy Dalton as James Bond! I just got the DVD. He was the best Bond, don't you think?"

"Yeah, he was alright."

"He's just so cool," Andrew said with stars in his eyes. Then he snapped out of it and smiled more broadly. "Speaking of cool, you've taken on an air of coolness yourself."

"Me? I think you have me confused with someone else, Andrew."

"No, you totally do! Haven't you noticed how people at school look at you since that party? Some girls even asked me about you today! They must have wanted to know about you bad. No girls ever talk to me for anything!"

"I hadn't noticed, to tell the truth. I just do what I always do, avoid eye contact and shuffle from class to class. Girls really asked about me?"

Andrew nodded and grinned. "Yeah! They wanted to know if you had a girlfriend and stuff like that. I told them that you were a swingin' bachelor, available and open."

William shrugged, not caring much about his change from 'geek status' in some people's eyes.

Andrew looked at him. "Is something wrong?"

"It's just some...stuff at home that has me preoccupied."

"Oh," Andrew nodded in understanding, "Your brother the butt-head is bothering you. Am I right?"

"Uh, yeah, kind of..." William couldn't admit what the real problem was.

"I feel your pain, my friend." Andrew put a supportive hand on William's shoulder. "My brother Tucker is home from college and--"

"Well, well," Tucker came in, as if on cue, "What do we have here?" He walked over to the worktable.

"Get out of here, Tucker," Andrew said. "We're busy. Mom said you have to leave us alone."

Tucker sneered and slapped Andrew in the forehead, making his head rock backwards.

"OW! Cut it out, jerk!" Andrew whined and put a hand to his forehead. "If you give me another nosebleed Mom will kick your ass!"

"Get bent, dickless," Tucker said.

William moved away from Tucker, not wishing to be hit, too. "Why don't you just go away? Don't you have anything better to do than harass us?"

"Shut your pie-hole, Nerdlinger. I want shit outta you, I'll squeeze your head."

"Don't talk to my friends like that!" Andrew said, turning red with anger.

"What do you mean, 'friends'? You don't have any friends besides this nerd." Tucker jerked his thumb at William.

"I do so! And he's not a nerd! He's cool--Cooler than you! Get out, Tucker!"

"Let's take a look at what you were doing, girls. Hmm, another one of those shitty models you waste all your time putting together." Tucker inspected the freshly assembled model on the table.

Andrew tried getting to it to pick it up, but Tucker held him off with one arm.

"Gimme it! Come on! The glue's still wet!" Andrew cried.

Tucker picked it up in his other hand and pretended to appraise it. "Nice work, Andy. Oops!" He brought it down forcefully on the table. The model broke apart.

"NO!" Andrew screamed. "You asshole! We spent hours putting that together!"

Tucker laughed, shoved Andrew back and stepped away from the table. "I said, 'Oops'. Sorry about that."

William had watched with disgust. He was also getting very angry at Tucker's boorish behavior. William didn't deal with anger well, unlike Spike, he was unaccustomed to it...when the source wasn't his own twin brother, that is. It made him feel shaky and a bit queasy. He felt like he did the night of the party with Riley Finn: Pissed off and wanting to do some serious bodily harm.

"You're a real asshole," William said to Tucker. "I thought my brother was bad, but you're much worse than he ever was."

"You talking to me, Wilhelmina? Why don't you two just play with your dolls and--"

"They're action figures!" Andrew cried in protest.

"Whatever." Tucker rolled his eyes.

William stepped up to Tucker, looking him in the eyes. "You had no bloody right to come in here and destroy something that Andrew worked hard on."

Tucker giggled. "Hard on!"

"Grow up. You're in college, for Christ's sake! And you have the sophistication and temperament of a grade schooler.”

“William...” Andrew whispered, trying to convey that he should stop talking.

“Oh yeah?” Tucker looked down at William. At 6’1”, Tucker was a few inches taller.

“Yeah,” William said, staring right back at him.

“I should kick your fag ass.”

“You’re welcome to try.” William glared at him, setting his jaw.

“Guys! Stop, please!” Andrew begged. “It’s okay, William! I don’t even care about the model!”

William and Tucker didn’t make a move for several moments, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Tucker blinked first. He sniffed and took a step back, then chuckled.

“I wouldn’t want your mama to get upset because I sent you home all bloody. I’ll give you a pass this time, Nancy.”

Tucker gave William a rough shove on the shoulder, intending to let it end there. But William, after he got his footing back, grabbed Tucker’s wrist. In a fluid movement, he twisted Tucker’s arm behind his back and put his other arm around his neck, holding him from behind. Tucker was taken completely off guard.

“Let go of my arm, you priss!” he yelled and struggled. William replied by jerking the arm up to Tucker’s shoulder blades. Tucker screamed, “OWWW!”

William bared his teeth with effort and anger. “You’re a miserable, sorry excuse for a brother, or a human being, for that matter. Your reign of terror ends now!”

“Stop it!” Tucker said, starting to cry. “You’re going to break my fucking arm!”

“I should rip off your arm and beat you to death with it! You’re going to stop fucking with Andrew! You’re going to respect him and his property! Do you hear me!?” William jerked the arm further up.

“OWW! YES! I un-understand! Just let go!” Tucker yelled.

William pushed him away hard, letting him go. Tucker stumbled forward, he tried to catch the desk so that he wouldn’t fall, but his left arm was so weak that he couldn’t use it properly yet. Tucker fell on the floor in a heap.

Andrew had watched the whole thing in astonishment. He had never seen William act like that or seen his big brother bested and made to cry like a baby before. It was awesome! Too bad his video camera was in the shop!

“And if Andrew tells me that you hurt him later when I've gone home, I'll be back to discuss it with you. Now, get out,” William said, deadly serious.

Andrew and Tucker’s mother appeared in the doorway. “What on Earth is--Tucker!” She rushed over to him on the floor. “What happened?!”

“Andrew’s freak friend attacked me!” Tucker said, cradling his arm and massaging his shoulder.

“Mom, Tucker came in and--” Andrew started to say.

Mrs. Jones narrowed her eyes at William. “How dare you come into my home and assault my son!”

William frowned. “But he--”

“I don’t want to hear excuses! Get out of my house!” she screeched, coddling her injured son.

“But, MOM! Tucker tried to--”

“Shut up, Andrew!” his mother shouted. “How could you bring this thug into my house!?”

“Thug?!” William said. He’d never been called anything approaching that before. “I don't want to cause any trouble. I’ll leave.”

“Yes, leave before I call the police!” Mrs. Jones said.

“William, I’m sorry.” Andrew hung his head.

“It’s alright. Call me tomorrow.” William got his duffelbag, put it over his shoulder and left quickly.


On the drive back to the Giles estate, William was ashamed of himself for resorting to violence, and enjoying it.

Tucker did deserve to be taken down a peg or two. Andrew had suffered from his brother's bullying for years. For that reason alone, Tucker needed to be dealt with. William was tired of being pushed around by the Tuckers of the world and seeing them picking on those weaker than them. Maybe he should make himself a superhero costume and make it his mission to defend nerds and geeks around the world. He chuckled at the image of himself wearing a cape that billowed out behind him majestically, and the requisite mask and tights, of course. No superhero was complete without those.

William switched mental gears as he pulled into the driveway. The altercation with Andrew’s brother was forgotten. Now all he could think about was Buffy and Spike. Would he see them together? William hoped that he wouldn’t catch them flagrante delicto. Why couldn’t Buffy have wanted him? He wasn’t that repulsive...he hoped not. And surely Spike wouldn’t have the time or need for William anymore. Not now that he had a beautiful, desirable female for sex.

William couldn’t help but once again feel worthless and alone, very alone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


William made his way quietly into the house and up to his bedroom. He listened at the door for a moment before going in. He didn’t want to walk in on anything. But all was quiet. He went inside.

The lights were on and Spike was laying on his stomach on William’s bed . William furrowed his brows and walked over, bending down to look at his twin. Spike was passed out or deeply asleep and the smell of beer rose up from his sleeping form. Passed out, most likely.

William shook his head in disapproval.

“Spike,” he jostled Spike’s shoulder, “you’re in my bed. Spike? Get in your bed.”

“Wha? Naggrumps,” Spike mumbled, turning over but not waking up.

William sighed. “Fine. Stay there.”

William stripped down to his jockey shorts, turned on the radio at low volume for some kind of noise to drown out Spike’s light snoring, then turned out the lights. There was some dim light from the digital clock to find his way to the bed.

He climbed in Spike’s bed and tried to get comfortable under the covers. He removed his glasses and set them on the nightstand. It was a bit disorienting to be on this side, William was used to being on the other bed. His bed was always to Spike's right. And Spike’s mattress was too firm, whereas William preferred a soft, cushiony mattress that he could sink into. He tossed and turned, finally settling on his side, facing his own bed.

William got halfway comfortable and started to doze off.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy sat in bed nude and reading an issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine. She felt relaxed from her bath and the wine, but she didn’t feel tired enough to sleep. She sighed, putting the magazine aside and thinking about what she should do.

The 'William situation' had her tied up in knots. The poor thing. Buffy hated that he felt unwanted and unneeded. That couldn't be further from the truth. She wanted him alright, but she had to resist that temptation. She was already in so much hot water if anyone found out about her and Spike.

'Yeah, you'll resist your lust for William, just as well as you resisted your lust for Spike? That worked out well. Now you can't get enough of him.' Buffy growled at the traitorous thoughts.

She felt bad for hurting Spike’s feelings earlier. Maybe she could make it up to him by slipping into his room and apologizing. Maybe they could sleep together, actually sleep. Though she wouldn’t turn him down again if he offered her his body. Whether they had sex or not, it would be nice to wake up with him next to her in the morning. Buffy could ignore the haze of stinkiness for tonight if it meant patching things up after their little fight.

Of course, this was assuming that Spike wouldn’t still be pissed off, and he wanted her to curl up with him in bed. Buffy got up and pulled on her green satin robe, cinching it around her waist.

With the hope that he’d want her to stay, Buffy went to Spike’s bedroom.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


She silently entered the bedroom, leaving the door open, and went softly over to his bed. The faint light from the hallway showed her the shape of the lower half of his body under the covers. She untied her robe and dropped it on the floor.

Buffy slipped into the bed next to him, gently pressing her naked chest against his back. She loved his back. It was the sexiest back she’d ever seen or felt: all muscular and smooth and perfect, just like the rest of him. She snuggled against him, resting her cheek against his back, just below his neck. Her arm draped over his side, her hand splaying over his stomach. She moved her hand tenderly over his hard muscles.

William’s eyes shot open as Buffy cuddled and touched him from behind. He didn’t know what was going on, but whatever it was, it felt terrific!

Buffy felt him tense up, signaling that he was awake.

“Sorry, I woke you. Mmmm,” Buffy moaned, inhaling. “You smell sooo good.”

She was happy that he had apparently taken her advice and showered. He smelled mouth-wateringly yummy now. Her fingers brushed back and forth over his six-pack abs. She could feel him quiver under her fingertips and against her body.

She rubbed her face on his back. “Is it okay if I want to sleep with you tonight?”

“Uh-huh!” William squeaked. He wanted to say more, but he wasn’t capable of it.

William was almost paralyzed with lust and surprise. She wanted him! Buffy wanted him and she had come to him! Was it a dream? He didn't care. He was so excited and aroused that he didn’t think about the situation, if he had, he would have known that she was under the impression that it was Spike that she was coming on to and snuggling with. But thinking wasn’t William’s strong suit right now. The blood in his brain had begun racing to points south the moment he felt her touching him and felt her bare breasts pressed against his back.

“Are you still mad at me?” Buffy asked sweetly, applying soft kisses to his shoulder and the nape of his neck.

William groaned, “Uh-uh!” He was vaguely aware that he’d gone mono-syllabic, but he couldn’t muster up anything more intelligent.

“Mmmm, that’s good. I don’t want you to be mad at me.” Her hand drifted down to the waistband of his underwear.

Buffy frowned for a second. Spike didn’t usually wear anything to bed, she’d found that out the hard way. Well, he had been pretty tipsy, he must have had them on (for a change) and didn’t have the energy to take them off. She could help him out with that.

She snapped the waistband playfully, making him gasp. “You’re such a kinky little thing,” she said, jokingly referring to him wearing underwear. “You want me to touch you?”

He moaned.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes‘,” Buffy giggled. Her hand slid over his bulge, cupping and caressing it. “Ohhh, that’s a BIG ‘yes’. You’re so hard already,” she moaned, feeling his cock growing by leaps and bounds through his underwear. 'Just sleeping' wasn't the plan anymore. She wanted him.

William was beyond speech, his mouth was hanging open in pleasure, his eyes shut tight. His body was trembling with barely contained lust.

Buffy was even more aroused by the need she felt coming off of him in waves. He wanted her so badly with his entire body; she could feel him vibrating like a bowstring. She slid her hand under the waistband and touched his hot, twitching maleness directly, eliciting another gasp of pure bliss from him.

“I love your body.” Buffy kissed and licked his shoulder while stroking his length. “So hard and tight and ready to please. Do you want me?” she asked huskily.

“Yes!” he hissed.

“Don’t make me wait any longer! God--I want you!” Buffy moaned, letting go of his cock and running her hand back up over his stomach.

William flipped over in a flash, finally getting the brainpower to remember how to move. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her passionately. His hands roamed over her body, trying to touch all of her at once. His tongue plunged into her mouth demandingly.

Buffy moaned and whimpered at his ferocity. She loved it! She wanted him to take her like a ravenous beast. His lips mauled her mouth then moved to suck on and bite her neck, like he thought he was a vampire or something. Rough stuff could be a lot of fun when you’re in the mood for it, and Buffy was definitely ‘in the mood’.

She could feel his rock-hard prick against her thigh. She frantically pushed down the underwear to free his erection. He rubbed against her while continuing to kiss and grope all over her body.

“Oh! Oh yes!” Buffy exclaimed, raising her legs to his hips. “Fuck me! I want to feel you inside of me!”

William groaned loudly at that. His cock slid along her slit, picking up her juice as it moved back and forth. He wanted to be buried in her more than anything in the world. He jerked his hips at her, stabbing at her with his cock and trying to find her hole. His level of thinking was little more than caveman or animal.

Spike woke up from Buffy’s loud exclamations. He was confused by what he was hearing and not fully awake. He reached over and turned on the lamp on the nightstand, blinking at the sudden brightness.

“Wha’s goin’ on?” Spike asked groggily.

Buffy froze and blinked when the light was turned on. William had his face buried in her hair, nibbling at her neck, he stilled too. It took a few moments for their eyes (and brains) to adjust.

“Hey!” Spike said, frowning and sitting up. “What the hell’s going on here?”

Buffy stared at Spike, extremely confused. William raised his head to look at Spike, then down at Buffy. Buffy looked up at William’s face that was hovering a few inches away. His hair hung down, brushing against her face.

Her eyes widened, her mouth opened in shock. “William!? I--I thought--”

The truth came crashing down on William: Buffy hadn’t meant to be with him at all. It was Spike that she wanted, not him. If she hadn’t mistaken him for his brother, Buffy never would have wanted to touch him. He jumped up off of the bed, pulling his underwear back up.

“When did this start?” Spike asked. “Why didn’t either of you say anything? And why are you shaggin’ in my bed?”

Buffy was thoroughly embarrassed that she had mistaken William for Spike. He wasn’t supposed to be home! When had he come home?! God, his lips and hands had felt so good on her body! She wanted him so badly! Her mind was muddled with confusing, conflicting thoughts. Maybe that threesome she’d dreamed about could come true now? But...she shouldn’t go even farther than she already had. Oh, but she wanted to! Her resistance was at an all-time low.

While she tried to absorb this new situation Buffy sat up and pulled the covers modestly up to cover her chest.

Spike growled. “Hey! Will one of you answer me?”

“Spike, it’s not...what you think,” Buffy said quietly. “William, I--I--”

“You don’t have to say anything.” William raked his fingers through his messy hair. “I know you thought I was Spike. I should have figured it out, but I d-didn’t. I know you’d never willingly touch me in a million years.” It was obvious that he was trying not to cry: His voice shook, his face was taut, his chin trembled.

“William,” Buffy reached a hand out to him, “that’s not true!”

He backed away out of her reach. “Yes, it is! Why don’t you like me too, Buffy? Why can’t--” William shook his head vigorously. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

“Will, calm down. Let‘s talk. We should‘ve talked about this before,” Spike said softly.

“No, just...please leave me alone,” William said, running out of the room.

Buffy groaned miserably, putting her hands over her face.

“This isn’t some weird-ass dream, is it?” Spike asked.

“Not unless I’m having the same fucked up dream.”

“Shit, I was afraid of that...I’ve got lots of questions, but they can wait.” Spike got up and stretched. “I need to talk to him.” He was still a teensy bit dizzy from the alcohol he'd consumed and groggy from waking up so suddenly, but his head was beginning to clear.

“Tell him I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for...I thought he was you.”

“What else should I tell him?”

“I--I don’t know.”

“He’s bug-shagging crazy for you too, pet. He wants you in the worst way. I was going to strongly suggest a threesome again after a little while longer,” Spike said. “How do you feel about him? Really feel.”

Buffy sighed shakily. “I want him too. I was...I didn’t think I should act on it considering that I’ll be in enough trouble if anyone finds out about me and you. But...I do want him. God help me, I know I’m going to Hell, and jail too, probably...But I want you both,” she confessed. Her shoulders visibly sagged, having gotten that out in the open.

Spike smiled. He’d been hoping for this. Now he just needed to calm William down and get him on board the love train.

“You’re sure now, pet? I don’t want to dangle the Buffy-shaped carrot in front of his nose then have you change your mind and yank it away. William can be kinda...fragile.”

Buffy took a deep breath, letting her nervousness bleed away. She was into this up to her neck, what was the harm in taking one more bite of the Forbidden Fruit? “Yes, I’m sure. I’ve wanted the two of you at the same time for a while.”

Spike smirked, nodded, then left to find where William had run off to.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After checking almost everywhere else first, Spike found William in the gym upstairs.

William was sitting on a weight bench, looking down at the floor with a hangdog expression.

“There you are,” Spike said, walking over to him. “I’ve looked up and down the whole bloody house for you.”

“Leave me alone,” William said wretchedly.

“Nope. Have you ever known me to leave you alone?” He sat on the bench next to his brother.

“I’m an idiot, Spike. I thought--I thought she really wanted me. Me. Then I top it off by crying like a nancy boy. You were right. All the names you‘ve called me over the years, they‘re true.”

Spike frowned. “Stop it, Will. I called you things...just to get you riled up, to give you some hell. I didn’t really mean them.”

“Doesn’t matter. You were right. You probably hate me too since Buffy‘s your girl and I was...d-doing things to her.”

“No, I don‘t hate you. Listen--”

“I can’t ever face Buffy again. I can’t stay here with her. I made a fool of myself again. That‘s all I ever do.”

“I’m gonna beat the shit out of you in a second if you keep talkin’ like that,” Spike growled. “Will you shut your bloody gob and listen to me?”

William shrugged, still looking down at the floor.

“For starters, yeah, that was an...interesting situation that I woke up to. I’m not pissed and I don’t hate you. I was confused as hell, but now that I can think straight, it doesn’t bother me a bit. As far as Buffy’s concerned, I had a little chat with her before I came to find you, brother dear.”

“Don’t tell me what she said, I can’t bear any more--”

“Shut up. Buffy said that she does want you too. She liked you and was itchin' to get both of us between the sheets for a while now.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“No, I’m bloody well not! That’s what Buffy told me.”

“Then...she’s just being nice. Doesn’t want me to feel like a complete loser...as if I didn’t already.”

“She’s. Not. Just. Being. Nice!” Spike ground out. “She meant it, mate. If I thought for a moment that she didn’t mean it I wouldn’t be telling you right now. I don‘t want you to get hurt.”

William sniffed. “I can’t bring myself to believe it, Spike. She likes you. You’re cool, confident and better looking than me. You have that...je ne sais quoi that I don’t possess.”

“Better looking than you? We’re identical twins!”

“You carry off the looks better than I do.”

Spike looked heavenward and sighed heavily. “I’m sorry, Will. I know that I’m largely to blame for your basement-level, low self-esteem...all the insults and shit I’ve done to you over the years..." Spike put a hand on William's shoulder, giving it a little squeeze. "I’m telling you the truth about Buffy’s feelings. And you know how I feel about you.”

“No, I don’t really know how you feel. Since you’re with Buffy now, you don’t need me...for anything.”

“Are you joking? I’ll always need you, William. I don’t want things between us to stop. Not now, not ever. I still want to be with you too. When we're together...it‘s like nothing else in the world.”

William sniffled again. “Aren’t you happy with just Buffy now?”

“I’m happy to be with her, yeah. But I won’t remain happy unless you and me are together too.”

"So, what it comes down to," William smiled a bit, "is that you're a very greedy person?"

Spike smiled and laughed, "Yeah, that 'bout sums it up. I want it all, Will. You and Buffy with me, that's what I want."

Buffy came in, wearing her robe. She hesitated near the doorway, not wanting to intrude.

“Um, hi, guys.”

The twins looked over at her. William groaned, putting his head down and covering his face with his hands.

“I...can leave if--”

Spike waved her over. “Buffy, please tell him what you told me. He won’t believe me.”

Buffy went over and kneeled on the floor next to the weight bench.

She touched William’s arm. “William, I--”

“Please, don’t,” he mumbled. “I don’t want you to lie to try and spare my feelings.”

Spike pinched him hard on the back of the neck.

“OW!” William jumped, batted Spike’s arm away and scowled at him. “What did you do that for!?”

“’Cause you’re being stupid! Shut up and let Buffy say her peace!”

William looked back down, staring at his hands in his lap.

“Go on, Buffy,” Spike said.

“William, what Spike told you is true. I have wanted to be with both of you. But I was afraid to include you too because of all the trouble I could get into.”

“How can you want me for anything? I’m nothing, I’m--” William stopped and glanced at Spike, who was giving him a dangerous look and getting ready to pinch him again.

“That is so untrue, William,” Buffy said, touching his knee. “You’re sweet and kind and so smart and very, very sexy.”

“I’m not sexy,” William disagreed with a shake of his head.

“Yes, you are. You’re different from Spike, but just as desirable. I’ve...thought how amazing it would be to have both of you in bed. I’m crossing more and more lines here, but what‘s the phrase? In for a penny, in for a pound,” she laughed anxiously.

“But...you chose Spike, not me.”

“I don’t know how much I chose Spike. I tried for a while to ignore my lusty feelings for both of you, but Spike is hard to ignore.”

Spike smiled proudly.

“He actively tried tempting and seducing me at every opportunity until I didn’t have the will to resist anymore. Until I didn’t want to resist anymore.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” Spike grinned. “Wore her resistance down to a nub, then moved in for the kill.”

Buffy lightly punched Spike in the thigh.

"Ouch," Spike pouted, rubbing his leg.

She looked at William. “So, here’s the situation as of now. I’m sorry that our first contact had to be like that. I mean, I was really, really enjoying it until the light came on and I got surprised, but I would have wanted it to have been different. Like both of us knowing exactly what was going on.” William listened mutely, finally looking into her eyes. “And,” Buffy continued, “I do want you. I want you so much. I hope you believe me.”

He gauged her sincerity. She did seem to be speaking honestly.

“You really like me? For...sexual-type stuff?” His face was flaming and radiating heat.

Buffy smiled. “Yes. Very much, yes.” She moved her hand up his leg to caress his thigh.

William gulped. Buffy rose up on her knees, craning her neck and pursing her lips. William stared at her for a moment before leaning down to touch their lips together. This kiss was soft and gentle instead of ferocious like the last one they’d shared in bed.

“You still want me, don’t you?” Buffy asked, nibbling at his bottom lip.

“Yes,” he breathed.

They continued kissing, pressing more firmly against the other’s mouth. Spike smiled and observed, starting to get horny himself. He was so excited that the threesome was finally going to happen! He could make things right with his brother again and enjoy the pleasures of Buffy's body at the same time.

Buffy got to her feet and planted herself on William’s lap. She put her arms around his neck and went back to sup on his sweet lips. William’s arms wove around her, holding her against him and stroking her back.

Spike stood up, clapped and then rubbed his hands together. “Well! Now that we’ve got that all sorted, how about we go to bed?”

Buffy pulled back, smiling. “Sounds good to me. Let’s go.”

She was buzzing with anticipation too. She knew it was wrong, but she didn't want to be right anymore. Damn the consequences, she would take both of the Giles boys as her lovers tonight. Buffy took one of William’s hands and tried pulling him along with her. But he was still sitting on the bench, looking nervous.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy asked.

He blushed. “I’m not sure what to do.”

“You were doing great before,” Buffy said reassuringly. Her excitement went up several notches at the notion of having her first virgin. “Your instincts are better than you think.”

Spike kissed the top of William’s head then rumpled his hair lovingly. “Buffy’s right, you’ll know what to do when it’s happening. And if you don’t, I’ll guide you around all the curves.” He waggled his eyebrows at Buffy.


TBC....