Chapter 6


Buffy managed to keep her raging libido and disruptive thoughts under control in the morning. Those crazy, wild, erotic dreams that she'd had all night didn't help one bit!

After a very cold shower, she fixed the boys breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and orange juice), knocked on their bedroom door to wake them up, and then went back downstairs to prepare their lunches. She heard them barreling down the stairs and put on a big smile for them.

"Mornin', Buffy," Spike said, looking sleepy-eyed.

"Good morning, Buffy," William said, coming in behind Spike. "Are you feeling better today?"

They sat down at the island in the kitchen.

"Yes, I'm feeling better, thanks."

They smiled at her, then dug into their food ravenously. Spike ate sloppily, William ate quickly but alert that Buffy was watching.

"You're going to choke, Spike," Buffy said. "Slow down."

He smirked, swallowed and wiped his mouth. "I'm getting better at not choking. Don't worry 'bout me."

William started coughing. His mind had gone to having fantastic oral sex with Spike. The way Spike could take all of him in was a thing of beauty. Buffy colored and turned away, her mind going to exactly the same place as William's. Damn, she'd been doing so well this morning, too. Spike looked at William and winked.

"Careful, William. I don't want you choking to death either." Buffy put the skillets in the sink.

"You alright, Will?" Spike asked, curling his tongue up over his top teeth, knowing exactly what his twin had been thinking of.

"Yes," William coughed, wiping his mouth. "I'm fine." He took a big drink of orange juice.

Buffy began cleaning up the skillets for something to do other than look at them and start getting ideas again. "I was thinking, would it be alright with you two if I went out tonight?"

Spike frowned. "What...you mean like on a date?"

"Kind of. I'd like to go out with some of my friends for dinner." Buffy felt the need to get together with 'adult' friends and to have a night away from the sexy twins. If she could regroup and get her head together, she'd be alright.

"Oh...yeah, sure. You deserve a night out." Spike breathed a sigh of relief that she wasn't going on a date. He didn't need any competition horning in on Buffy.

"Of course, we don't mind, Buffy. Go out and have a good time. We'll be okay," William said.

Buffy turned around and leaned back on the counter. "I feel bad, though. That will be two nights in a row that you guys have to fend for yourselves."

Spike grimaced and shook his head. "Ah, we'll be fine, luv."

"Well...if you're sure..." Buffy thought, 'Did he call me luv'? But she let it go without commenting on it. Actually, he had called her that before, but she hadn't noticed it.

"We're sure," they said.

Buffy smiled at how they said the same things at the same time occasionally. It was so cute. "Thanks. I have to go grocery shopping too, so I'll probably be gone all evening."

"Oh?" Spike said. William could tell that something was percolating in his brother's brain.

"Yeah, we're out of milk and peanut butter and some other things."

"We could do the shopping if you gave us a list, Buffy," William said helpfully. Spike thinned his lips, hardened his eyes, and shot William a 'shut up' look.

Buffy didn't notice. "No, it's my job. You guys go out with your friends or dates, whatever you'd like to do. Have fun, but be back by 11:30, okay?" She hoped, then hated herself for hoping, that they didn't have dates. The thought of girls touching them irritated her. (Any girl but her.)

They nodded as one.

"Oh," Buffy said, "I can make a casserole for you before I leave and put it in the refrigerator. That way I won't feel like a jerk for going out."

"That sounds great, Buffy." William smiled sunnily. Damn, he was so cute! "We have to get going, Spike." William dabbed at the corners of his mouth with his napkin, then stood up.

"Yeah," Spike sighed, "wouldn't want to be late for bloody school."

"Here's your lunches." Buffy handed them their lunch bags.

"Thank you, Buffy," they said. Spike smirked as he said it.

"You're welcome. Have a good day! And stay out of trouble," she looked at Spike.

"I will. Um, what time are you going to dinner with your mates?"

"I was going to leave about 5:00. Why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if I should call if I'm gonna be late coming home from school. Don't want to worry you."

"That's nice of you. But if you want to hang out with your friends or something, you don't have to call."

"Alright, bye!"

Buffy waved, seeing the boys off. She relaxed when they went out the front.

"Adult companionship, that's what I need. All of these crazy-bad urges will dissipate once I spend time with other people. Yep." Buffy nodded, trying to convince herself that it would be so.


Spike hummed, jogging down the front stairs.

William said, "Alright, Spike. What are you plotting?"

"Plotting?" Spike turned back to him, looking offended, putting his hand over his heart. "Moi? Why, William, I'm shocked and insulted that you could--"

"Spike," William groaned. "I know that you've got something sordid planned. I can't imagine what it is but--"

Spike giggled. "Yeah, you caught me. Use that big, squishy brain of yours, Will. Dad and Anya are outta town. Out of the bloody country, even! Buffy is going out for the evening, maybe she'll get drunk and spend the night at a friend's house. That means that you and me will be alone in the house all evening, perhaps all night."

William furrowed his brows. Did Spike mean that the two of them could do more sex-stuff? William wouldn't object to that. Still...what did he have in mind?

Spike sighed, seeing that William still wasn't getting it. "A party, you nit. P-A-R-T-Y. No adult supervision."

"We can't have a party! I don't want to have a party! We'll get in trouble!" William protested.

"How did I know that you wouldn't be down with it?" Spike shook his head ruefully. "I'm inviting my mates over for a bash, you do the same." Spike was being sensitive enough not to say anything about his brother's lack of friends.

"I don't want to." William said haughtily, crossing his arms.

"Then it'll just be my friends." Spike strolled over to his car.

William followed him. "Spike, we can't throw a party! Buffy will be so angry!" he said in a frantic whisper.

Spike growled and spun back around. "Our parents are out of town for two bloody months! The only one to interfere with our fun is going out--maybe all night! Do you know what kind of sad gits we'll be if we don't at least try to have a party under those circumstances?"

William shook his head. "I want nothing to do with it."

"Bloody hell," Spike grumbled, unlocking his car door. "Fine, you do whatever you want. Don't breathe a bloody word to Buffy or I'll kick your ass." He glanced at William, trying to look menacing.

William could tell it was an empty threat, they were beyond that sort of thing now. He watched Spike speed off down the driveway, then went to his own car. He didn't like this at all; Spike was going to get them both in trouble. But he couldn't say anything. Not because he was worried about Spike beating him up, but because it wouldn't be cool to tell on him. Though William planned on putting all of the blame on Spike (and rightfully so) when Buffy found out.

It worried him that their new relationship might be damaged, but William wasn't going to take the fall for something so stupid and ill-advised.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy left at 5:00 to get together with some of the girls from her old job, including Faith.

Spike waved to her in the front doorway as she drove away. When she cleared the driveway, he whooped and laughed, running to the phone in the living room.

William pursed his lips and shook his head.

"What's with the look? Will you relax? You're the most uptight teenager in the bloody world, William!" Spike started dialing one of his friends' numbers.

"This is a mistake, Spike. We're going to--"

Spike waved his hand at him to shut up. "Yeah, it's Spike," he said, talking on the phone. "It's go-time. Remember to bring the stuff. Yeah...See ya in a bit, mate!" He hung up, rubbing his hands together. "We're going to have lots of fun, bro!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy relaxed on Faith's couch, having a beer at Faith's insistence.

Faith plopped down next to her. "So what happened after we talked last night? Did you take my advice?" She raised and lowered her eyebrows.

"No, I most certainly did not. Thanks again, by the way. You're pure evil, you know that?"

Faith laughed, "Yeah, so I've been told. Really, B, I'd tap those tight asses if I were you."

"You're not me, thank God."

"They do have tight butts, right?" Faith turned, sitting sideways on the couch and grinning. "Real nice buns, I'll bet."

"Faith, I wanted to get together with my friends to forget about...their butts and other parts."

"I figure they must be super-smokin' hot for you to get so squirmy and horny over them. You know, you might need some help with them. Teenagers can be so hard to handle. I'd better move in to assist you."

Buffy could tell that Faith was joking, she just shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I'm dying to see what they look like," Faith said. "I can't accurately picture them going down on each other if I don't know what they look like. I just have a vague description."

"I'm not talking about them, Faith. Another topic, if you please." Buffy glared at her, letting her know that enough was enough.

"Ah, fine, be that way then."

To Buffy's relief, they talked about different, non-hot twin subjects until it was time to meet up with the rest of their friends at the restaurant.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The party expanded beyond just Spike's friends rather quickly. William hadn't invited Andrew (his one good friend), since he was protesting the whole affair to begin with. A few hours into it there were at least 50 people milling around the house, dancing, talking, drinking, etc.

The living room furniture had been moved to allow room for dancing. Dance music blasted from the stereo speakers.

William stood off by himself near a potted palm in a corner in the living room. Spike was dancing with a few girls and enjoying himself. He'd had a few drinks already and was feelin' no pain.

Spike looked over, seeing William being a wallflower, as usual. He sighed and excused himself from his dance partners for a minute. He stalked over to William.

"What are you doin' standing here by yourself? It's a party, Will!"

"I told you that I objected to this in the first place," William said.

"Well, it's happening. You may as well get into it. Stop doin' your imitation of that bloody plant," Spike pointed to the plant next to William, "and get out there and mingle!"

"I'm not a mingler. Actually, I think I'll go upstairs and read for--"

"Uh-uh, no." Spike shook his head from side to side. "You'll stay down here, have a few beers to loosen up and start chattin' up some girls."

"Spike, I don't want to talk to girls!" William was reddening just thinking about talking to a member of the fairer sex.

"You don't have to shag them, William, just talk to them. Consider it like practice. Try jokes out on 'em, flirt a little, use the ol' Giles charm."

"Spike, I don't want to! I don't even know any jokes!" William whined.

"Do it. Get a beer and get out of the bloody corner. Let people see you."

"Fine." William glowered at him, crossing his arms. "I'll stay, feeling awkward and miserable, just for you."

Spike smiled. "It won't be so bad, Will. You might end up having fun. I want you to be properly socialized. I won't be around forever to help, you know."

William frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that, in a few years, you'll be going to college. And I'll be going off to parts unknown to start my criminal empire." Spike laughed, punching him lightly on the shoulder. "You'll be on your own soon enough and I want you to know how to handle yourself. Now, have some bloody fun!" If he weren't tipsy, the thought of he and William being separated would bother Spike. But he was having fun and not delving deeply into any train of thought. He danced back to the girls who were waiting for him.

William felt scared suddenly, gulping anxiously and looking down. Spike was right. They would be splitting up within a few years. Not long ago, there would have been a lot of happiness at being rid of Spike. But now William didn't want to be apart from him, especially not after the new 'level' their relationship had taken on. He felt a strong connection between them again and didn't want to lose it. He loved his brother, much more than would be socially acceptable.

Spike had caused him so much aggravation over the years, but he had also looked out for him, in his own way. There was more to it besides the recent and startling intimacy between them. He felt silly for it, but William had always felt that he could live vicariously through his brother. Spike did all of the things that William was too chicken to try. He didn't have to take chances or stupid risks because Spike always did. Whenever he would see Spike smoking a cigarette, calmly and suavely talking to a girl, it was almost like William was doing it.

He was in a room full of laughing, dancing people, but William felt alone. What would he do without Spike around? He would be more of a nothing than he already was.

He went to the bar, snatched up a beer and drank it down. It tasted bitter. He felt the coldness of the liquid sliding all the way down to his stomach. He grimaced, but finished it. Spike was the drinker, not him. William took another beer and drank that one, too. By the third beer, he was feeling looser and more comfortable.

William watched the dancing teens. He wouldn't join them, he couldn't dance and didn't want to look like an idiot out there. He bopped slightly to the music, putting away another beer.

Two girls from school, Dawn and Gwen, eyed William. They whispered and giggled to each other, then bounced over to him at the bar.

"Hey, cutie! What are you doing here?" Dawn asked, taking a beer for herself and one for Gwen. William didn't respond. Dawn nudged him, getting his attention. He looked startled, making them giggle again. "I'm talking to you."

"Oh...sorry." William was feeling looped already from the quick intake of alcohol.

The girls screwed off the twist-off tops of their beers and took long swallows.

"We don't usually see you at parties," Gwen said, her eyes moving over his body.

"I didn't have m-much of a choice as far as this one was concerned. It's my house," he said. He was still nervous to be talking to girls, but felt more relaxed than normal. More often than not, he'd turn crimson and make nonsensical sounds. Now, he was stuttering a bit, but it was an improvement.

"Oh!" Dawn smacked herself in the forehead. "That's right, you're Spike's brother! I keep forgetting that! You guys look so different."

"They're both really cute, though!" Gwen said, pressing herself against William's side and putting her hand on the center of his chest. "I like your hair, baby. So sexy," she purred.

His eyes went wide.

"Yeah, they are both super cute." Dawn pressed against his other side. "You got a girlfriend, Wally?"

"W-William," he stammered, correcting her.

"You got a girlfriend, William?" Gwen asked, making patterns on his chest with a fingertip. "Oooh, Dawnie, I think I feel some muscles under here!" Her eyes were excited and surprised.

"Do you?" Dawn touched his chest too, her eyes lit up. "I do believe you're right, Gwen!"

William had never been pawed by anyone before, he didn't know how to react. So, he just stood still while they touched and rubbed up on him.

Dawn untucked his shirt from his pants and slid her hand up underneath it, her hand touched and splayed over his stomach.

"Um, you shouldn't--It's not--" William was becoming very uncomfortable. They were trying to undress him! That was rude!

"I feel a six-pack! And I ain't talkin' about beer!" Dawn giggled.

"Oooh, let me feel!" Gwen said, putting her hand under his shirt too. "Oh shit! That feels nice! All bumpy and ripply!" She tried lifting his shirt to see the muscles in the flesh.

William pushed his shirt back down and their hands away from his abdomen. "You shouldn't go around t-touching people without their permission."

"Aw, we're just havin' fun, baby!" Gwen pouted.

Dawn put her hand up on his chest and leaned into his ear. "You want to have some fun with us, William? We'd love to play with you."

He swallowed hard. Could this be 'the night'? The night that he lost his virginity and became a man? To two girls, no less. At once, he was frightened, nervous, confused and excited. William had always wanted his first time to be with someone he loved, though. One woman in particular had captured his heart. Buffy. He'd dreamed of it being with Buffy, not some girls that he remembered vaguely seeing in the hallways at school.

Dawn rolled her eyes at Gwen. Deciding that William was taking too long to answer, she put her hand on his face and turned him to her, then planted a hard kiss on his lips. Mmmm, he had soft, pillowy lips. Perfect for kissing!

William's eyes bugged out as Dawn kissed him hotly, mauling his lips with her mouth. It felt good, very good. The alcohol and the kiss were fogging up his brain--and glasses. He started kissing her back, winding an arm around her waist.

"Mmmmm," Dawn moaned, plunging her tongue into his mouth.

"Hey!" Riley Finn, Captain of the basketball team, and all-around asshole, clomped up to them at the bar. "What the fuck is going on here!?" he bellowed.

Dawn jumped away from William, he swayed slightly.

"Riley, baby, we were just talking!" Dawn said to her boyfriend, having forgotten that he was even around. That nerdy William was a damn good kisser!

"Ha! Yeah, people don't talk with their tongues!?" Riley shouted.

"Well, actually they do," William said, chuckling. He didn't recognize the imminent danger with his brain so muddled.

Riley narrowed his eyes at William, stepping up and towering over him. "You think you're funny, Geek Boy? Shut your fucking mouth! Who would have invited you to this party anyway?"

William leaned back against the bar, trying to put some distance between him and the burly jock. "No one invited me. It's my house."

"Riley," Dawn said, tugging on his arm, "Let's dance. Forget about him."

He shook her hands off of him. "I catch you making time with this loser and you want me to forget it!? I'll beat him to a pulp! Back off, Dawn! I'll deal with you later. But now," Riley looked menacingly down on William, "I need to teach this guy a lesson."

A few of Riley's musclehead friends, Graham and Forrest, flanked him, ready to assist in the beating if necessary. Dawn and Gwen were just having some drunken fun, they didn't mean to get anyone beaten up. Figuring that she was in enough trouble with her boyfriend, Dawn backed away.

William was scared, but getting more pissed. "I didn't know she was your girlfriend. She's the one who approached me."

"You calling my girl a slut!?"

"N-No, that's not what--"

Riley grabbed two handfuls of William's shirt and shook him. "I'm going to mess you up! No one hits on my girlfriend!"

"Hey!" Spike yelled, moving between his brother and Riley. He shoved Riley away from William, sending the larger man stumbling back a few steps. "What the fuck?! Don't put your hands on my brother!"

"Get out of the way loser, or you're next!"

"I don't recall invitin' you to this soiree, Finn," Spike said, looking him in the eye. He held no affection or feelings of friendship for the sports hero. Their cliques at school had clashed numerous times.

"A party's a party. It doesn't matter how big a freak is throwing it. Free beer, food and music is all good," Riley said.

The other partygoers had gathered around to watch and see what developed. A good fight was always an attraction.

"I suggest you leave," Spike growled.

"No way. Not until I've knocked this nerd's teeth down his fucking throat!" Riley tried getting around Spike, but Spike pushed him back again.

"I'm not telling you again! Get out of my bloody house!"

"I caught him trying to make out with my girlfriend! I'm kicking his ass!"

Spike took a moment to be surprised and impressed. Apparently William had taken his advice.

He glanced back at William. "You did?"

"I didn't know she was his, or anyone else's, girlfriend!" William threw his hands up, exasperated.

Spike looked at Riley again. "See? It was all a mistake. No harm done."

"Get out of my way, freak. There's going to be plenty of harm done."

"Let me put it in terms that you'll understand, Riley," Spike said. "You no fight brother. I kick your ass if you touch him."

Riley laughed, "Oh! I'm scared! I could mop the floor with you, asshole. Look how tiny he is, guys!" Riley laughed, pointing at Spike and nudging his buddies.

"You think so, do you?" Spike smirked, getting revved up for a bit of the old ultra-violence. "Try it, Captain Cardboard."

The events off the last few minutes had cut through William's buzz enough for him to see how dire the situation was. Riley by himself wouldn't pose too much of a problem, but his large friends were bristling to jump in, too.

He put his hand on Spike's arm. "Spike...don't. Let's try--"

Spike turned his head to look at his twin. Riley took advantage and swung. Spike saw the punch coming too late and got hit in the jaw. He 'Oooph'ed and fell back onto William. They both fell down on the floor next to the bar.

"Spike!" William shouted in panic.

"Bloody fucking..." Spike muttered, dazed, his eyes rolled around unfocused. His legs worked, vainly trying to lift the rest of his body up. The ham-fist of his attacker had dazed him good.

Riley grabbed William by the hair and pulled him towards him. William let go of Spike and held onto Riley's wrist as he dragged him along the parquet floor.

"Let go!" William said, baring his teeth in anger and pain.

Riley released William's hair and hauled him up to his feet by his shirt. William looked back at Spike, who was shaking his head and blinking. Blood ran down from Spike's mouth. Adrenalin rushed through William's system. He was enraged that someone dared to hurt his brother.

He glared up at Riley. "What's the matter? Can't win if you fight fair?! You sucker punched him!"

Riley smiled and shook William like a rag doll again. "I'm going to do worse to you, dickhole!"

William jumped up and head-butted Riley as hard as he could. Their skulls bonked together. Riley's grip loosened on William's shirt from the unexpected, stunning blow. William quickly brought his arms up, forcing Riley's hands away from him, then punched him in the face hard and fast, three times in a row. Riley's arms flailed, he stumbled back into his friends.

"Ri! You okay, man!?" they said, helping him to remain standing.

The crowd 'Oooh'ed and 'Aaaah'ed at the unexpected show of force by the nerdy-looking William.

William's chest heaved, waiting for Riley to come back at him. But then he remembered that Spike was hurt, and he needed to make sure he was alright. William crouched down next to his twin.

"Are you okay?" he asked, putting an arm around his brother.

"Yeah...motherfucker sucker punched me!" Spike mumbled, rubbing his face. He was regaining his senses, and becoming more pissed off by the nanosecond.

"You little prick!" Forrest yelled, rushing at William.

William looked up in time to see Forrest and Graham descending on him. They grabbed him and dragged him away from Spike.

"Hold him!" Riley yelled, recovering from William's attack. He was horribly embarrassed that the geek had hurt him in front of everyone. He was going to make an example of him.

William thrashed in the grips of the beefy men holding his arms. Riley roughly snatched the glasses from William's face and threw them down on the floor.

Dawn and Gwen were holding each other's hands nervously. "Riley, stop it! Let's just go!"

"Shut up, Dawn! I ain't finished here!" He ground the glasses under his heel, grinning with satisfaction at the crunch.

With a rebel yell, Spike leapt onto Graham's back, getting him into a headlock. Then it was a whirl of limbs and fists. Riley beat on William while Graham and Forrest were preoccupied with Spike. The crowd yelled support for their fighters of choice and tried to stay out of their ways.

Riley and William struggled. It was harder for William to do as much damage at these close-quarters. Riley had the advantage of size over him. Riley tossed him towards the fireplace. William caught himself before he cracked his head open on the marble mantelpiece. Riley put a meaty hand around William’s throat and punched him in the stomach a few times. William grunted and punched Riley in the neck. Riley gasped, backing away and holding his throat. William stayed where he was, not making a move to continue the fight. He hoped it would stop.

But Riley didn’t want to stop, he was angrier than ever. Riley grabbed hold of him again and threw William at an end table, the lamp on it crashed to the floor. He ran at William but got a kick to the gut from his intended target. Riley clutched his stomach, doubling over. William yelled and shot back up, feeling more primitive and aggressive than he'd ever felt. He spun around and roundhouse-kicked Riley on the side of the head, putting the star athlete out of commission. Riley was out cold, sprawled on the floor, an imprint of William's Nike on the side of his face.

Meanwhile, Spike had his hands full with Riley's friends. He'd taken several punches from both of them, but also landed several of his own. Forrest grabbed Spike from behind, holding his arms. Graham got ready to hit Spike, pulling his fist back for a hard punch. Spike grit his blood-stained teeth and kicked Graham hard in the groin. The bigger man immediately crumpled to the floor, whining, holding his crotch and trying not to puke. Then Spike propelled himself (and Forrest) backwards, slamming into a wall. The back of Forrest's head bounced off the wall, the jolt causing him to let go. Spike whirled, with an evil, demonic grin on his face, he rained powerful blows on his victim, hitting pressure points and punching in a flurry of strikes. Then he backed off. Forrest slumped down the wall in a daze.

The crowd looked on the bloodied, but victorious, Giles brothers in awe. Most of them knew that Spike was tough, but William had surprised the hell out of them.

William leaned up against a wall for support. The pain from Riley's attack was finally getting through his jumbled brain as the adrenaline rush dissipated. He and Spike exchanged a look, making sure the other was okay.

"Right!" Spike said, wiping blood off his mouth. "Anyone else want a go!?" he yelled.

Everyone either stared or shook their heads 'no' rapidly.

"Oh my God!" Buffy screamed from the entrance to the living room.

William and Spike's eyes got big, they jerked their heads to look at her.

"What the hell is going on!?" Buffy shrieked.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



A half hour later, all of the party guests had departed. Once an adult or the cops showed up that was the end of any party.

Spike and William sat on the couch side by side, with their heads down. William had put on his spare pair of glasses, since Riley had destroyed the other ones. Buffy paced in front of them.

She had had a little too much to drink and had Faith drive her home early.

Buffy had dozed off in the passenger seat when Faith nudged her awake, saying, "Uh, Buff...I can't get in the driveway. There's like 20 cars in the way."

Buffy had been so mad when she realized what was going on. Telling Faith to go home, and that she would walk up to the house. Buffy had stalked up the driveway ready to kick some twin butt.

It was worse than she'd expected. She had apparently just missed a battle royale in the living room. The twins were bleeding and bruised, the living room was trashed, lamps and other objects were in pieces, three other boys were knocked out unconscious or writhing in pain on the floor. Plus, there were tons of underage kids drinking and doing God knew what else!

"I can't believe you two! One night! I just wanted one night with my friends! And the moment my back is turned, you pull something like this! I thought I could trust you! Boy, was I wrong!"

"It's my doing, Buffy," Spike said, glancing up at her with his head still bowed. "It was all my idea. William didn't want to have a party."

“Well, DUH, Spike!” Buffy said sarcastically. “Like I couldn’t have figured out that you were the one behind this? You are soooo grounded!”

Spike looked back down.

“Look at you! You’re bloody and--why were you fighting!? William, I’m really disappointed in you for being involved in this.”

William pouted at her like a kicked puppy. “The fight was my fault, Buffy. Spike was just trying to protect me. I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean for all of this to happen.”

You started the fight?” she asked doubtingly.

William nodded. “There was this girl...”

Spike jumped in, “William was snogging with that Neanderthal Finn’s girl. He got pissed and tried knocking Will’s head off.”

“Snogging?”

“Kissing. Makin’ out,” Spike explained.

Buffy turned her surprised gaze to a blushing William. “Oh.”

“She didn’t tell me she had a boyfriend. Her and her friend just started...kissing and touching me. I responded.”

Buffy felt stabs of jealousy along with her shock that William had been bustin’ a move on someone. She shook off the confusing emotions.

“You’ve both been drinking, too! I’m so pissed right now, I wish I could kick your asses!” Buffy yelled. “Do you know how much trouble you could have gotten all of us in? What if the police had showed up and saw all those kids drinking? What if someone got seriously injured!? Look at the damage you caused to the living room!”

“We’ll fix it, Buffy. Please don’t be mad,” William said.

His puppy dog eyes got to her for a moment. They both had bloody faces and bruises, making her want to cuddle them and dress their wounds in spite of her anger. She got angrier still at her disloyal thoughts.

Buffy growled, “Get upstairs and clean yourselves up. If you need to go to the hospital, I’ll take you.”

They avoided her eyes, getting to their feet and shuffling miserably to the stairs.

“You’re cleaning all this up, you know?!” she shouted at their backs. “First thing in the morning, you’re getting your butts down here and cleaning!”

“We will,” Spike said.

"Damn straight!" Buffy huffed.

When they were gone, Buffy groaned, looking around the living room. This room was the worst, but the partying teens had been all over the house. It would take a lot of work to set things to rights again. Just to have something to do and focus on something other than her rage, Buffy started picking up bottles and cans.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The twins stood in front of their wide bathroom mirror, washing blood off their faces. They’d taken off their shirts to see what kind of bruises were forming on their torsos.

“Don’t bloody say it,” Spike said.

“Say what?” William asked.

“You know what. You were 1000% right. We shouldn’t have had the party.”

William winced in pain as he dabbed around his puffy left eye. “Why bother stating the obvious?”

“’Cause you like to rub it in when you’re right. You always do.” Spike spit out some watery blood into the basin.

“If it weren’t for you, I’d be in several pieces right now, Spike.”

“If it weren’t for me,” Spike said, “it wouldn’t have happened in the first place, because those pillocks wouldn‘t have been here to party. I’m sorry.”

William smiled a little. Before they'd gotten 'close', Spike almost never apologized to him sincerely. This time Spike really meant it. “It wasn’t your fault.”

“What were you thinkin’ anyway, Will? Trying to get with Finn’s girlfriend? Are you crazy?”

“I told you, I didn’t know!”

“How could you not know? They’re like the bleedin’ Barbie and Ken super-couple of Sunnydale High.”

“I don’t pay attention to those sorts of things.”

“Well, try to in the future.”

They went back to washing up.

“That Dawn’s a pretty thing, ain’t she?” Spike smirked, looking at William in the mirror.

“Yeah, she is. Nothing like that ever happened to me before. She and the other dark-haired girl just started kissing me and feeling me up.”

Spike chuckled, “Too bad Finn had to interfere. You coulda had a real good night, by the sounds of it.”

William shrugged. “I really didn’t want it to be that way. I want my first time to be with a someone I care about.”

“What about what we’ve done? That counts, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah...but I love you, so it’s okay....I think. I meant, my first time with a girl. I’m still not sure how--how good it is that we...we do that stuff.”

Spike tilted his head, regarding his twin. “You want to stop doin’ it?” Spike felt the need to keep asking that question periodically. Just to make sure William still wanted it as much as he did.

“No, I like it,” William said without pause.

Spike smiled, touching William‘s bare back. “I do, too.”

“People, if they found out, they’d think we were sick.”

“Stop caring what people think. No one will find out, Will. We only do it in the privacy of our bedroom or bathroom.”

“We haven’t done anything in the bathroom...Oh, you mean, you want to do something now?”

Spike laughed. “I don’t know how much either of us are in the mood for right now. How about we share a shower? We don’t have to do anything other than wash.”

“I guess so. But what if Buffy comes in? I don‘t want her to know, or even suspect.”

“We’ll lock the door,” Spike said. His brother still seemed too scared with Buffy knowing about them for Spike to reveal the truth.

William nodded.

Spike went to the door, making sure it was locked. He wouldn’t mind Buffy walking in on them, it might lead to them ‘patching things up’ with her. But William would mind and be embarrassed. Spike didn't want to be responsible for hurting his brother anymore, so he locked the door. He smiled at William, walking up to him and leaning in to kiss him softly.

Their hands touched each other’s torsos gently, not wishing to cause pain from the injuries they’d sustained. William wondered again how something that felt this good could be wrong. Kissing Spike and touching Spike made him feel so good. They undid each other’s pants, pushing them down to the floor.

Spike took him by the hand and pulled William into the shower with him. He turned on the water, nice and hot. William leaned against him, chest to chest. The hot water sprayed down on their naked bodies. Spike put his arms around William. They rested their heads on each other’s shoulders for a few moments, just holding each other. It was good to be able to rely on each other for comfort, support and love. Especially after having a terrible night like tonight.

Through their gentle, wet embrace they gave each other everything they needed without words. Spike let William know how much he loved him and how sorry he was for being an idiot and throwing the party. William let Spike know that he forgave him and loved him, too.