Chapter 13


Weeks went by in a blur of sexual satisfaction and experimentation. Buffy, Spike and William were on top of, inside and fucking each other every chance they got.

All of them were throwing themselves into the sex with extra exuberance lately. They didn't talk about it, but the fact that the two months were almost over was constantly in the back of their minds. None of them wanted it to end, but there was nothing they could do about it.

The twins were afraid that Buffy would leave and they would never see her again. That was a painful scenario. Neither of them wanted her to leave. They both wanted to keep her with them, loving her forever.

Buffy was afraid of being without her lovers for even a day. And it was going to be so much more difficult and dangerous for them to see each other. Odds would go up exponentially that she could get caught with them. Then what? She could be charged as a sex offender and thrown in jail, ostracized by the community. But she felt so strongly for them. Buffy was in love with them, more in love than she had ever been. Until now, she hadn't thought it possible to love two people at once. She did though. After she moved out, she would have to do some serious thinking about what she wanted. Continuing a relationship with the brothers wasn't smart. But she seriously doubted that she'd be able to stay away from them either.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy was laying back against Spike's chest. His arms were under hers, his hands cupping her breasts as he kissed the side of her neck and face. William was down at her groin. His hot tongue licked at her pussy slowly. One of his hands massaged her hip while the other caressed her thigh.

Buffy sighed in pleasure. These two men could wring such exquisite sensations from her body. She could live like this forever, both of them loving her and touching her until the end of time.

She gasped softly, arching her back and cumming quietly in William's mouth. It wasn't a huge explosion, but these orgasms were so good too. The quiet, small ones like these ran through her body like waves, spreading warmth and goodness all over. The twins were so in tune with each other and her, they knew exactly how to draw out her orgasm. William sucked lightly on her clit, Spike sucked on her earlobe and massaged her tits.

Buffy shuddered for a few minutes until the orgasm ran it's course. "Mmmm, ohh William," she moaned, smiling a big smile.

"Didn't I help?" Spike asked, biting on her earlobe mischievously.

"Yes, you certainly did," she laughed, sliding a hand up around to the back of his neck. "Both of you did real good." Her other hand played in William's silky hair.

William kissed the inside of her wrist, then starting kissing back up her body, ending at her lips. He sucked on her tongue, and spiraled around it with his own. Buffy moaned into the kiss, William had become an expert kisser with all of the practice they'd had.

Then he said it.

William pulled back slightly to look into her eyes. "I love you, Buffy," he said softly.

Buffy inhaled and blinked at him. She'd been waiting for someone to say the 'L-word'.

Spike stopped what he was doing, his hands paused in mid- fondle on her breasts. He was waiting to see how she would react.

"William...when you say that you love me..."

"I mean it, Buffy. I love you," he said with utmost sincerely. Buffy had never seen him look this intense and sure. "I've loved you for a long time--it seems like a long time." Seeing her dumbstruck expression, his confidence wavered. William looked away, swallowing hard. "I know you probably don't want to hear that. But it's how I feel."

"Love..." Buffy said slowly. "Love is a big thing. It's beyond having fun with someone and...having sex."

"I know what it is," William said, a bit offended. He moved away from her, sitting on the end of the bed.

Spike sighed, deciding that he should plunge off of the cliff with his brother. If everything was ruined now, it would be ruined for both of them. Their two months were almost up, better to let Buffy how they felt before it was over.

Spike slid his hands onto her shoulders. "I love you too, Buffy."

Buffy looked over her shoulder at him. Spike smiled a little sadly, placing a soft kiss on the rounded part of her shoulder.

Spike continued, "Sorry if we're wigging you out by saying that...but Will's right. It's how we feel. We've both wanted to say it for a while, but didn't because..."

William finished, "Because you don't love us back and it would be awkward...like it is now." He was looking down at his hands, cursing himself for thinking it would be okay to tell her.

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out. "I kinda thought you felt that way about me, but...Both of you? Really?"

William nodded, still looking forlornly down at his hands.

Spike ran his hands up and down her arms slowly. "Yeah, pet. We're both in love with you. Even if it isn't the answer that we want...tell us how you feel about us."

Buffy took another shaky breath. "Wow. Okay. Um, I...sorta, kinda l-love you both, too."

"Sorta? Kinda?" Spike asked.

"Okay, I am in love with you. Both of you. So much, in fact, that it scares me. I know I shouldn't--that it's wrong and--" Before she could finish, a now grinning William leapt on top of her, smothering her with kisses and running his hands over her body. Spike sighed happily and was kissing her too, squeezing her arms lightly. "Mmmph! Easy, guys!"

William pulled back, still smiling. "Sorry, Buffy. When you said--Did you really mean it? You love us?"

Buffy smiled. "Yeah, I do. I can't help myself. You're both so cute and sweet."

Spike harrumphed, "'M not cute and sweet! Dead sexy, dangerous and hot, but not cute and bloody sweet!"

"You're all of those things to me," Buffy said.

"I'll take cute and sweet as a description, nothing wrong with that." William smiled.

Buffy smirked and stroked William's face. She let our a breath. "Okay. We've established that we love each other. It's good that we're being honest and open. But...there are so many problems..."

"We can work through them, Buffy," Spike said. "Nothing is insurmountable."

"Well, there's all the issues with keeping us a secret from everyone. And another thing I'm really worried about is...what if I come between you?" She looked at William, then back at Spike.

Spike chuckled, "You've come between us many, many times, pet."

Buffy rolled her eyes, smiling. "Very funny, Spike. I'm serious. What if one of you decides that he wants me to himself? There won't be any jealous displays or fistfights?"

Spike and William looked at each other, smiling softly.

William kissed Buffy's hand gently. "We won't fight over you, Buffy. It's hard to explain, but for us, it's like this is the way that it's supposed to be. The three of us loving each other. We belong to each other. If Spike weren't in the picture, I would still love you with all of my heart, but it wouldn't seem the same. I love and want both of you together."

"You feel the same way, Spike?" she asked.

Spike nodded. "Yes. That's exactly how I feel too. Let me ask you a question. Do you foresee a time when you'll prefer one of us over the other?"

Buffy thought about it. No, she didn't see herself choosing one of the twins. It was like William said, they formed a 3-person relationship. It wasn't normal, but it just felt so 'right'.

"No, I could never and would never choose one of you to be with. I like it being the three of us, too. It's going to be hard after your parents come home..."

"Let's not think about that right now," William kissed her breasts, getting off of the upsetting subject. "Let's make love instead."

"Excellent decision, little brother." Spike kissed the side of her neck.

Buffy sighed and grinned. "Mmmmm--Okay, you talked me into it."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The remaining time flew by. Until, finally, the day they would have to go back to normal was upon them.

The day before Rupert and Anya came home was spent in bed, expressing their love to each other, verbally and physically. Buffy had made sure to do a thorough house cleaning the previous day so that she, Spike and William had the whole day to do nothing but make love. She was just as scared and heartsick as they were that things would never be the same.


Late, that night...

Buffy laid in between William and Spike on her back in bed, being held and surrounded from both sides.

"It's hard to believe that this is the last night that we can sleep together." Buffy stroked their backs.

"I don't want it to end," William said, with tears in his eyes.

"There's nothing that we can do about it...It's over," Spike said, clearing his throat. Then nuzzling Buffy's neck, he tried to imprint everything about her in his mind. Her scent, the smoothness and heat of her skin, how good it made him feel to hold her like this. Part of him was terrified that they'd never see her again, or something would happen to keep them apart.

"No, don't let it be over, Buffy." William buried his face against her neck, wrapping his arms around her. "I wish they would never come home. I just want it to be us forever."

"I wish we could still be together too. But I have to move out tomorrow when they come home."

William sat up, looking excited. "Hey, maybe we can ask if Buffy can move in? You can--clean or something."

"William, I'm not a cleaning lady. That's not what I want to do as my career."

"Spike and I have lots of money in our private accounts, we can give you money if it doesn't pay well enough. Please, Buffy? I know we can convince Dad to hire you full-time."

Buffy shook her head. "Then what? We sneak around the house hoping that they don't catch us in a lip-lock, or worse? And if they did catch us, I'd be up shit creek."

Spike remained quiet. He just listened to both of them, resting his hand on Buffy's stomach. He knew that the dream was over. Reality would be coming back with a vengeance when Rupert and Anya's plane touched down in L.A. Spike felt just as frantic as William to try and hold onto it, but figured that it would be hard enough without him displaying his emotions too.

"Aren't we important to you? Don't you want to be with us anymore? I thought you loved us?" William asked, looking more panicked.

"Of course you're both very important to me. And I do love you. This isn't easy for me either, you know?"

"Well, you seem to be just giving up, Buffy! You don't even want to try to think of a way that the three of us can stay together." William's chin quivered.

"Will," Spike said, "stop it. Buffy's right. It's silly to expect her to work as a domestic when that's not what she wants to do. And you know very well how much trouble she could get in if it's discovered what we've been up to."

"We have to do something! I love you, Buffy. I can't imagine my life without you," William said, frustrated.

"We have to cool it for a little while, William. We've been...living in a fantasy world for almost two months. When your parents come back...it won't be the same."

"So, you don't want to see us again after that?" he asked, tears building in his blue eyes.

"I'm not saying that. You guys know how much I love you, don't you?" Buffy looked from William to Spike. "Don't you?"

Spike responded, "Yeah. We know, love. We're just...gettin' nervous."

Buffy sighed, nodding and relaxing in their arms. "I know the feeling. We'll keep in contact, but have to be careful about it. Spike, I have your cell phone number, we'll use that to communicate." She coaxed William to lay back down with his head resting on her chest.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Dad never sees that bill. I take care of it myself," Spike said.

Buffy slid her hands up to the backs of their heads, fingering their curls. "And I'll give you my number."

"You're still staying with your friend Faith?" William blushed, remembering the time Faith had tried molesting him in the kitchen.

"For now. Yeah. I'll forgive that shameless slut this time. But if she tries that again..." Buffy growled.

"No matter what feminine wiles she tries on us, we're not interested, Buffy. You're the only woman we love and want to be with," Spike said, stroking her stomach gently.

Buffy grinned, kissed Spike on the lips, and then William. "Good to know. But Faith's a randy bitch...Oh yeah, that reminds me. I've been meaning to ask, why don't you go by your real name? Why 'Spike' instead of Randy?"

"Are you kidding me? You even have to ask after describing Faith that way?" Spike asked with a smirk. "Randy Giles? I'll take the name 'Spike' any bloody day!"

They giggled and snuggled in each other's arms. They sighed as the lightness wore off. The fact that this was their last night together, perhaps forever, was back weighing heavily on their minds.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The next day had an air of mourning. The three of them tried to keep a smile in place for the others' benefits.

Buffy made a circuit of the house, making sure it was clean and tidy (and that there would be NO evidence of the sinful things that had occurred in the parents' absence). The twins helped straighten up. Their hearts felt so heavy, their chests felt tight, it was uncomfortable in the extreme. Their minds nagged at them and worried about what the future held. Everything was so uncertain and remained unforeseen.

Buffy, Spike and William were eating a lunch of soup and sandwiches in the kitchen. None of them had much of an appetite, but again, they were trying to put on a brave face.

They froze, staring at each other, when they heard the front door open.

"Boys! Buffy! We're home!" A happy sounding Giles called.

They wiped their mouths, swallowed their food and then took a deep breath.

"Where is everyone?" Giles laughed from the foyer.

William and Spike went out to greet their father, walking slow, building up speed as they went. Buffy stayed behind a moment longer. God, she was so depressed! But she knew that she mustn't show even a hint of it. She shook herself, put on her fake smile, then went to join the others in the hall.

Giles was giving both of his sons tight hugs. "Oh, I've missed you boys so much! We both did."

Anya took a turn hugging her step-sons. "It was wonderful to get away from it all, but it's good to be home."

"We missed you, as well," William said.

"Yeah, welcome home," Spike said.

They were happy to see their parents back safe. But the pain of losing Buffy was excruciating.

Giles smiled at Buffy as she walked into the foyer. "Buffy, good to see that these rapscallions don't have you tied up somewhere."

Buffy's brow creased. "Uh...Hunh?" She recalled how the three of them had played some little bondage games with scarves.

"I mean, that the boys didn't get you out of the way to throw raucous parties or some such," Giles explained, chuckling.

"Oh, ha-ha, yeah," Buffy laughed. "No, I'm still roaming free. Free-range Buffy."

Anya smiled slyly at the twins as she addressed Buffy, "Did they act like gentlemen or did they cause you trouble?"

"They were great!" Buffy said quickly. "They--really tried to get along and help me when I needed it."

Giles surprised his sons by getting them in another tight hug. He really must have missed them, he wasn't normally a big hugger. "I'm so proud of you boys! I was beside myself with worry that you'd have fistfights and make Buffy miserable. I'm sorry to have doubted both of you."

They patted their dad on the back, saying, "That's alright, Dad," in stereo.

Anya visually scanned her surroundings, making sure there wasn't anything physically wrong with the boys first, then she scanned the floor, walls and ceiling, to see if anything looked dirty or unkempt. She smiled in satisfaction at the front room. "Buffy, the house looks great! Everything's sparkling!"

"I wanted it to look just as you left it," Buffy said, admiring the good job she'd done. "Of course, it's easier when you have two great helpers like William and Spike."

Anya looked at her in disbelief. "You got them--Him?" she pointed to Spike. "To clean?!"

"Uh, yeah. They wanted everything to be nice for when you got home too."

"Aww! You boys are the sweetest!" Anya pressed hard kisses to the side of both the boys' faces. "Rupert, you have to give Buffy a bonus for getting them to clean! Not to mention the fact that she kept our special little guys happy and in line!"

"You're absolutely right, dear," Rupert said happily.

"You...don't have to do that, really. You're paying me plenty already, Giles."

"Nonsense." Giles waved it off. "You'll have a sizable bonus along with the $1500 we owe you."

Buffy nodded. She didn't feel right taking extra money from him after what she'd done with his sons the past several weeks. She felt so very guilty. But it would look weird if she insisted on not taking it.

"Boys, help us get our luggage upstairs," Anya said, picking up one suitcase from the mound of suitcases.

The Giles family tromped up the stairs with armfuls of luggage. William and Spike lagged behind, looking forlornly at Buffy as they ascended to the second floor. Buffy sighed, looking at them sadly.


An hour later, Buffy's car was packed up, the check for $2500 dollars (with a bonus of $1000) was tucked into her wallet and she had nothing left to do but go home.

She stood back in the foyer with the family.

Giles shook her hand firmly with a broad smile on his face. "I can't tell you how much we appreciate how well you did, Buffy. The house looks wonderful and the boys are happy and whole. Thank you."

Anya shook her hand too when Giles released it. "Yes, you were a very wise choice as house-sitter. Thank you for taking good care of our home and our sons."

"It was my pleasure," Buffy responded. "I'm glad that you two enjoyed your time on vacation."

"If you need any references in the future, I'll be happy to recommend you," Giles said.

"Thanks, that's very kind of you."

The silence hung in the air, it was time for her to leave.

"Well, I've got to get going. Thanks for everything." Buffy smiled and nodded at them.

Anya and Rupert thanked her again and said goodbye.

"I'd like to see Miss Buffy off, Dad," William said.

"Me too," Spike said.

"Very well. Don't keep her too long, boys. I'm sure that Buffy would like to get back to her own home," Giles laughed.

They said goodbye once more as Buffy and the twins went out the front door together. The three of them walked to where her VW was parked.

Giles looked out the window at them. Chuckling, he said, "I believe the boys are a bit smitten with Buffy."

"She is a pretty young woman. It would be natural for them to be sexually attracted to her. They probably have masturba--"

"Anya! Please--Please! Do not talk about the boys mast--...doing that!"

Anya rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Rupert, you're 40 years old! You should be able to talk about anything. Masturbation is a natural and perfectly healthy practice. I'm sure that Will--"

"I don't care how bloody natural it is!...Dear. I don't want to think, or talk about it, alright?" he asked, a little flushed. "And I'm still 39 for 4 more months, thank you very much!"

Anya smiled seductively. "I love how you get all flustered when I bring up naughty subjects. Suddenly, I feel like taking a shower."

Their shower was a preferred place for making wet, soapy love for the married couple.

A grin formed on Giles' face. "You are such a...dirty girl."

"The dirtiest," Anya breathed, then licked her top lip.

"Race you!" Giles said, his eyes bright.

Anya giggled girlishly as she ran up the stairs with Rupert in hot pursuit, he playfully pinched at her bottom.


"I guess this is it," Buffy said sadly.

William and Spike had their hands tucked into the front pockets of their trousers, hanging their heads.

"Yeah," they said.

"Hey, don't be so sad! This ain't a funeral!" Buffy tried being upbeat.

Two pairs of deep blue eyes flicked up to her face.

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" Buffy smiled.

They nodded in sync.

"I'd kiss you, but..." Buffy's eyes strayed to the front door.

They nodded, understanding that it wasn't possible to part with a kiss. But maybe a hug?

William stepped forward and put his arms around Buffy, wanting to hold her forever, but he was knew that his parents might be watching, making the hug friendly instead of one a lover would give.

"I love you," he whispered, kissing her ear.

"Love you too, William," Buffy whispered back, giving his earlobe a small kiss in return. "I'll call you tomorrow." She felt William nod, then he backed up.

Spike hugged her then. "I'll miss you like crazy, pet." Again, he inhaled the fragrance rising from her hair and body, thinking, 'If there really is a God, we will be together again.'

"I'll miss you too, Spike. Take care of William...don't let him get too sad."

"I'll take care of him. Just don't take forever to call 'n say 'Hi'."

"Tomorrow afternoon, I promise." Buffy kissed his cheek.

She felt Spike nod, then move away.

"Bye, guys," Buffy's voice was thick with emotion. Her eyes were almost brimming over with hot tears--she had to leave.

As one, they said, "Goodbye, Buffy."

Buffy got in the car, buckled her seatbelt, then started the motor. She looked at her sad-faced lovers and shifted into gear. They waved to her as she drove down the driveway.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buffy did call Spike's cell phone the next day.

They told each other how much they missed each other already. She told the brothers that she would call again in 4 days. It seemed like a long time, but her nerves were frazzled. Getting caught with them was a frightening thought, contacting them too often might leave them open to being overheard by Rupert and Anya.

When the conversation was over, Buffy pressed the 'End' button on the phone. She placed the receiver back in the phone base and sighed sadly.

Faith was just coming in Buffy's bedroom, she had a stack of mail in her hand. "Talk to your fellas?" she asked with an understanding smile.

Buffy nodded, looking down.

"What did the stud muffins have to say?" Faith sat down on the end of the bed.

"That they miss me. They want to see me again."

"Did you make plans?"

"No. I want to play it cool for right now. If Giles or Anya even suspect that I...I'm scared. I was scared before, but it's worse now," Buffy admitted. "My insides are all knotted up. I miss them so bad already, but at the same time, I'm terrified that someone will find out and a whole mess of badness will come crashing down on my head."

"Hmm, yeah, that's a scary thought, alright," Faith agreed, nodding. "Are you thinking of not seeing them anymore?"

"Yes--No--I don't know...I'm confused. I hate feeling like this." Buffy looked up at Faith. "I love them both like I've never been in love before. They make me happy. Being with them is the most wonderful feeling in the world. Why can't it be simple? Two years, just two years would make the difference."

"Time has a way of passin', B," Faith joked with a kind smile. "The twins will hit that magical age of 18. The question is, are you going to wait--can you wait--until they turn 18?"

"I don't think I can wait. It's only been one day and I'm going nuts without them. I wish I could be strong."

"Okay, then the thing to do is come up with flawless plans for getting together with them. Think it out, make sure there are no possible slip-ups. I would be more than happy to offer the services of my devious mind. I could probably help."

"I need to get my head together," Buffy said, rubbing her hands over her face. "I'm wigging out."

"Oh!" Faith said, looking at the mail in her hands then flipping through it. "Check it out, your mom sent you a letter." She handed the envelope to Buffy.

Buffy frowned. "That's weird. Why didn't she just call? This can't be anything good, can it?"

"One way to find out."

Buffy hesitantly tore open the envelope and read the letter.

After a few seconds, Faith said, "Well? What did she say?"

"Wow, my mom says that--She and my dad were just talking about me and that they miss how close we used to be." Buffy read through the letter quickly. "They're going down to Mexico for two weeks on vacation. They want me to go too, kind of like the family trips we used to go on when I was little."

"Huh, wonder why they had this sudden need to get more friendly with you again?"

"She says that they were just reminiscing. Guess they got nostalgic. I didn't expect anything like this...They don't even know that I quit stripping, and they still want to be nice to me." Buffy laughed lightly, "Imagine how happy they'll be when I tell them that I'm goin' legit."

Buffy had the disturbing thought that her parents would most likely disown her for good and spit on her if they found out about her 'boyfriends'. She refocused on the warm fuzzy feeling about her parents reaching out to her. Best not to ponder their reaction to her new lovers, or anyone's (but Faith's) reaction to them, for that matter.

"Your dad feels the same way? I know he had this whole denial thing workin' for him."

"Mom says that he does want me to come." Buffy read further. "Hmm, she says that they're leaving in two days, so I have to decide quick."

"Shit, that's not much notice," Faith commented.

"Yeah, totally spur of the moment." Buffy nodded, rereading some touching parts of the letter again silently.

"You gonna go?"

"Well, seeing as how I don't have a job at the moment, and that my relationship with my parents has been tense...Yeah, I think I will. We hardly ever have fun together anymore."

"It might be good for your other problem too," Faith said. "You need to get your shit straight, like you said. Time away from SunnyD might be helpful."

"Yeah, it might." Buffy was so tired of having these damn conflicting emotions. Now she was happy to be spending quality time with her parents, but her heart was also clenched at more time away from her lovers. "I'm going to call my mom and tell her that I'm up for it."

"Why didn't she just call you?"

"She said that she felt better writing down her feelings about everything. That she could express it better on paper without getting blubbery or anything."

"Yeah, that makes sense. Um, when are you going to break the news to the boy-toys about your trip?"

Buffy sighed, considering it. "After I get off the phone with mom, I guess. I'll call Spike again. And they aren't boy-toys. Calling them that makes it sound--"

"It's just an expression, B. I know that you dig them muchly." Faith patted Buffy on the thigh, then stood up. "I got kickboxing in 30. See you later."

"'kay. Have a good class."

After Faith left, Buffy called her mother and they talked about the trip. It was very upbeat. Both of them were excited and hopeful about the trip bringing them closer as a family again. Buffy talked to her dad for a few minutes too. He was more low-key, but it was obvious that he was looking forward to it too. She decided to wait until they got to Mexico to tell them that she was no longer a stripper, wanting to save (what they would consider, fantastic news) for later.

With the trip planning with her parents out of the way, Buffy now only had to call Spike and William to let them know she'd be going away.

Odds were that the twins wouldn't be too happy about her leaving town.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You're leaving town for two weeks?!" Spike asked again, dragging a hand through his hair.

"Yes, that's what I said," Buffy said patiently, having gone through her reasons once already.

"Come on, Buffy! Why do you have to go?"

"Because I want to, that's why."

Spike was quiet for a few moments. Then in a softer tone, he said, "You don't want to see us again, do you? It really is over."

"I'm not saying that, Spike. I love you and William. I've told you that me and my parents haven't been cool for a long time. I need to spend some time with them. That's all. Can't you understand that?"

"It's hard not to be selfish, Buffy," he said in frustration. "We love you, too, and it's killin' us not being with you. Even one day has been too bloody long. Now you're going out of the country. When are we going to see you again?"

Spike hated sounding so needy. It wasn't good to let the woman know how much power she had over you, but he was finding it hard to control his emotions right now.

"I'm...not sure. We'll talk about it when I get back."

"Are you, perchance, going to do some thinking about the 'choices' you've made?" Spike was nervous that now that Buffy would have some distance, she would see how stupid and risky it was to have a relationship with them.

"It's...always good to examine choices we've made," she said cryptically.

"So, what happens if you come back and decide that being with us isn't worth it?"

"Don't be so paranoid, Spike!" Spike cracked his neck to the side, Buffy heard the loud *crack* over the phone. "Either you just snapped a pencil in half, or broke your neck." At his non-response, she sighed. "Please, try to understand. I'm not going to shrug you guys off like an old coat. You mean so much to me. I just need to spend time with my mom and dad right now."

Spike nodded, then spoke when he realized that she couldn't see that over the bloody phone. "Yeah...I do understand. I'm sorry I'm being such a nit. I try to keep that cool exterior, ya know? But when my emotions kick in, it's hard to think straight."

"You hot-headed, sexy thing, you," Buffy laughed softly. "I promise to call you when I get back. And try not to let those emotions steamroll over you."

"I'll...try."

"William's going to be really upset, isn't he?" Buffy asked sadly.

William had gone out with Rupert and Anya shopping and wasn't home when she called the second time.

"Yeah, chances are he is going to be upset. You know him. But I'll do my best to--relay your feelings to him."

"Thanks. I don't want to hurt either of you."

It pained Buffy that he had been at least partially right. One purpose of this vacation was to re-examine her life and decide what she should do. Maybe she would choose not to pick back up with the Giles boys. It would break her heart to do so, but that was a possibility. Though right now, the thought of that seemed unthinkable. Buffy missed them like crazy and longed to be sandwiched between their warm, muscular bodies again.

"I know," Spike said quietly, wanting--needing--to believe that she meant it. "Have...a safe trip, love."

"I will. I'll talk to you soon. Bye, Spike. I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye, Buffy."

Spike hung up, hoping those weren't the last words he'd ever say to her.


As anticipated, William didn't take the news well when he got home 2 hours later.

Spike had to stop William from calling Buffy to beg her to see them. He put the cell phone away in a drawer of his computer desk, then stood in front of it to prevent William from getting to it.

"Give me the phone!" William angrily demanded.

"No. I'm not going to let you call her when you're this upset. You'll make a fool of yourself."

"I don't care!" William said, his eyes getting wetter. "I need to talk to her!" He made a move towards the drawer.

Spike firmly pushed William away from the desk, getting a bit of his old menacing attitude back towards his brother. "Stay the fuck out of my desk. You aren't calling her. Now sit down, and shut the bloody hell up!"

William was shaking slightly from frustration, anger and the pain he was feeling deep down in his soul. His face rippled with emotion as he glared at Spike. Then he made an aggravated growling sound, stomping over to his bed. He practically collapsed onto the mattress, breaking down in sorrow-filled sobs.

Spike closed his eyes at his twin's distress, feeling it keenly himself. He went to the bed, sat down on the edge and put his hand on William's back. "Will, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled, but--"

"Get away! Don't touch me!" William said, pressing his face into his pillow. He violently bucked Spike's hand off his back. "And before you even say it," he sniffled, "I don't care if you think I'm being a baby! Buffy's leaving us! She doesn't love us!"

Spike had been going through much the same thing as William, only not crying as hard or loudly. But he had to be strong for both of them now. Without moving from the bed, Spike said, "Yes, she does love us. Will, you remember her telling us a bit about her folks, right? Remember how sad Buffy was when she told us how they disapproved of her lifestyle? How she knew they were disappointed and looked down on her?"

William didn't answer, but nodded imperceptibly. He did remember wishing that he could fix it for her, make her parents be accept her and be nicer.

Spike tried to be gentle as possible. This was killing him too, but Buffy was William's first girlfriend ever and this was his first experience with heartache. It was bound to be even tougher on him to think that Buffy was brushing them off. Helping his twin cope and be strong was all-important.

"Well, Buffy's mum wants to patch it up. How can we expect her to pass that up? It's important to her, so it's important to us too. We have to try to trust Buffy that she'll come back and we can be together again. It's...only two weeks. We can get through that easy." Spike tried not to wince as he said it.

William turned his face from the pillow to look at Spike. Spike could see that he was listening and trying to take comfort from the words.

"Will, if you called her as upset as you are, you'd regret it later. You don't want her to think that we're too immature, do you? If we get freaked out, Buffy might reconsider our maturity level..."

William slowly sat up, wiping his eyes, his tears drying up. He smiled a bit. "Dear God, you're...actually making sense. I am being...too emotional. I know you're right..."

Spike smirked, and tilted his head. "We'll get through it alright, Will." William scooted up to Spike, resting his head on his brother's shoulder. Spike stroked his fingers through William's hair. "It'll be okay, I promise."

He sighed, rubbing his face against Spike's shoulder. William could almost believe it.


TBC...