Author's Chapter Notes:
Banner by xoChantelly
"Hello, can you connect me to...umm, I don't know his last name... Spike's room?" Buffy waited anxiously.

The hotel employee sighed tiredly. "You want to talk to Spike, eh?"

"Yes, please. It's okay, I'm not a fan or anything. I mean...I like what I heard last night but...I know Spike. We met the other day on a plane."

"What's your name?"

"Buffy. Buffy Summers. He'll know me."

'I hope,' she thought.

"Fine, Miss Summers. I'll be sure to tell him that you called," the man said sarcastically. It was obvious to Buffy that he had no intention of giving Spike any message from her.

"Wait... You don't believe me? I swear he knows me! Just ask him."

"You're not on the list of accepted callers. That means that you don't get through, nor will any message you give me be relayed."

"But I know him! We didn't get to...exchange numbers at the airport. Please just give him my message?"

"Listen girly, I don't have time to talk to you crazy kids all day. I have a job to do. And I'm certainly not going to bother a guest with hundreds of phone calls made by overzealous fans claiming to be old friends. Guests who stay with us expect a level of privacy and comfort. Don't call here again." He hung up.

"No! I'm not a... Shit!" Buffy slammed the phone back down. "Dammit...I did sound like a brainless waif of a girl. Now what?"

Buffy thought about it. She could still try showing up at the club tonight. If only she could have talked to him on the phone. That stupid guy wouldn't even ask Spike if he knew her. Why was that too much to ask?

Trying not to be too put-off or disappointed, Buffy got dressed and went out to do some shopping before she had to leave tomorrow morning. She'd have to get on another plane...a prospect that she dreaded more than anything. She needed to distract herself or she'd be curled up in a ball and shaking with fear until then. Shopping, then a trip to the club to see Spike and his band this evening. She hoped that she'd get a chance to speak to him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy wound up near the Hilton. Honestly, she hadn't thought about going there...much. But still, she was standing outside amidst the sea of people.

The crowd of people (mostly teenaged girls) was standing outside with signs and banners. Signs were held aloft, saying, 'I love you Spike!', 'Spike's #1'. There were also signs professing general love for the band and the other cute members.

Any hopes that she could maybe get inside to talk to Spike were dashed. There were police barricades and way too many people. And if she did by some miracle get inside… Would he see her as one of these fangirls? Would he think that she's only interested in him now that she knows he's a celebrity?

It was probably for the best that she couldn't see him, she'd look like a dweeb. But she so wanted to talk to him again, to let him know that she couldn't stop thinking about him. What had happened between them had been borne of desperation and fear, but it was beautiful in its raw passion and need. Buffy wanted to feel that passion again. She wanted him again.

A tall, good-looking guy walked up to her. She recognized him from the report on the news as the band's manager, Angel Something-or-other.

"You here to see Spike, honey?" he asked, looking directly at her.

"Y-Yes," she said.

"It's okay," Angel said to a guard. "Let her through."

He helped Buffy around the barrier and led her into the hotel.

'Wow!' Buffy thought, amazed. 'I'm in! I never thought I'd get inside! I didn't even have to ask!'

She stepped into the elevator with Angel. He pushed the button for the 10th floor and smiled at her.

"You're a little older than the rest."

"Excuse me?"

Angel clarified, "I mean, you're not a teenager like most of the other girls out there."

"No, I'm not." Buffy held her chin up. "I'm 23."

"That's refreshing. No need to check your I.D., sweetie," he laughed.

"For the record, I just...happened to be outside. I was shopping and --"

"You don't have to explain, babe. You a big fan?"

"Well...I only just heard them play on Conan last night, but I thought they were really good," she said. "Mr. O'Connor --"

"Please, call me Angel."

"Okay, Angel...why did you ask me to come up? What was it about me?"

"I thought you were pretty and that Spike might like you, too," he explained.

"You mean...you thought I was a groupie? You're taking me up there to have sex with the band or something?" Her face flushed red.

"Whoa relax, honey. I thought you just might like to meet Spike. We have another gig at the Electric Pussycat Club tonight and Spike could do with some companionship of the female kind. You don't have to put out or anything...if you don't want to."

Buffy couldn't say anything. She was so embarrassed. Imagine! Angel mistaking her for some little skank whose life ambition is to screw rock stars. She had come seeking Spike, but that's because of the time they'd shared together and her feelings for him. Not just ‘cause she thought he had a killer bod, a velvety, sexy voice and dreamy baby blues, though all of that was true, too...

"I'm not a slut," she said defiantly.

"Never said you were, baby."

"My name's Buffy. Not baby, honey, or sweetie."

Angel rolled his eyes. "Alright, got it, Betty."

"That's...Buffy," she growled, her eyes narrowed.

"I'm just fucking with ya. I heard you, Buffy. Loosen up a little. You're wound pretty tight."

She looked down. "Yeah...I am too tense."

"You're a teepee and a wigwam?" Angel asked with a chuckle.

Buffy blinked at him, showing that she wasn't impressed or amused.

"Wow... Okay. I'll remember not to joke around you." Angel was beginning to doubt that this girl would hit it off with Spike. She was uptight and a little strange. Usually Angel's instincts about people never failed him...

"I know Spike. I'm not a bimbo."

"Oh, you know him?" Angel asked, smiling slightly. 'Suuuuure you do,' he thought.

"Yes." Buffy squared her shoulders. "We spent a lot of time talking when --"

The elevator doors opened and Angel ushered her along to Spike's suite. Buffy's nervousness kicked up a notch. The moment of truth was coming. She would soon find out if Spike would be happy to see her or if he would be annoyed that she had found him.

"Here we are." Angel nodded to the large black man at the door. "Hey, Robin."

"Hey, Angel." Robin smiled kindly at Buffy and opened the door.

They went inside. There were four other girls sitting on a couch and they were obviously fans. All giggly and dressed in tight revealing clothes.

"Who are they?" Buffy asked Angel.

"They're other fans that want to meet Spike. He'll choose which one of you he'd like to invite to the club as his personal guest."

Buffy gripped Angel's arm and leaned in to speak quietly to him. "I-I'm in competition with them? I thought I'd get to talk to him alone... I'm not one of...them!"

"Well, seeing as how you know him 'n all, I'm sure he'll want to speak to you privately." Angel smiled. He didn't believe her.

He pried her hand off his arm and spoke to the girls, "I'll go get Spike, then I'll round up the rest of the guys. I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting them, too. Sit tight." He went into another room.

"Oh, wow!" one of the girls said excitedly. "I am soooo fucking geeked! I can't believe I'm going to meet Spike! THE Spike!"

"Me too!" a leggy brunette said. "I'm so gonna fuck him!"

They giggled.

"Doesn't he have the most awesome body?" a blonde asked dreamily.

"Oh yeah! I wonder how big he is? It looks really big in those jeans he wears."

More giggling.

"I'll be sure to let you girls know later," a very pretty blonde said. She smiled slyly and tossed her long hair over her shoulder.

As she listened to the girls discussing what they wanted to do to Spike, she began to feel more foolish for even coming here. Here she was, a 23-year-old woman, with a bunch of mindless groupies. She started to feel ill and panicky. She didn't belong here. Spike might just laugh at her for showing up. And why would he want a neurotic mess (who was falling in love with him) like her when he could pluck one of these other girls off the vine for some no-strings fun?

Buffy still wanted to see him again, but he would just think she was one of these bubble-headed girls. Worse than that, he'd think that she had no interest in getting with him again until she found out that he was a rock star. It wasn't true, but how could he not think that?

She had to get out of here, right now, before she embarrassed herself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Hey, Spike, there's some young lovelies out there who are just dying to meet you," Angel said, grinning.

"Angel," Spike groaned. He was lying in bed, trying to rest after a fitful night's sleep. "Why did you bring girls up here? I told you that I didn't want to be disturbed 'til we had to leave for the show."

"Aw, come on, Spike! They're really cute." Angel waggled his eyebrows. "Just come out and say hi. You need a date for the club tonight, maybe one of them will catch your fancy."

"I don't need a bloody date. I'm performin'." The only girl he wanted to see was Buffy.

Angel sighed and started pulling Spike by the arm. "I told them you were coming out, so you're coming out."

"Shit... Alright, fine. I'll go say hello," Spike grumbled.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The girls stood up, standing straight and tall with their boobs thrust out.

"Girls, this is Spike. Spike this is Tiffany, Amber, Tawny and Bria."

The girls smiled wide and said hello.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Spike said, smiling and trying to be friendly.

"Oh, you are so cool!"
"I think you're the best!"
"I can't believe I'm actually meeting you!"
"You're even hotter in person!"

The girls gushed.

Angel frowned and looked around. "Where did the other one go?"

"Oh," Tiffany, the brunette with legs up to her chin, rolled her eyes. "She left a minute ago. She's got mental problems or something."

Angel shrugged. "Hmm…guess Buffy didn't want to see you as much as she first --"

Spike's head whipped around to Angel. "Wait...did you say, 'Buffy'?

"Yeah," Angel laughed. "Cute name, eh?"

Spike's heart beat furiously. "Was she blonde, about 5'2" Amazing green eyes?"

Angel blinked. "Yeah, that's her. You really know her? I thought she was bullshitting me."

"Yes, I know her!" Spike couldn't believe it. She came! She was here! But...she took off. "I've got to talk to her!"

Spike sprinted to the door of the suite and out into the hallway. The only thing that mattered was seeing her again. He didn't think about the mob of fans outside. He didn't worry that Buffy only wanted him now that she knew he was on his way to being rich and famous. Seeing her smile, hearing her sweet voice -- and hopefully much, much more -- was all Spike could think about.

"Spike! Come back here! Shit!" Angel started after him.

Spike skidded to a halt in front of Robin, his personal bodyguard. "Robin, where did the blonde woman go?!" he asked in a rush.

The burly black man blinked.

"C'mon! Which way did she go?" Spike bounced, ready to tear off in whatever direction Robin indicated.

"Uh, she just went down in the elevator," he replied.

"Shit! Okay, thanks!"

Spike ran to the stairwell, going down and taking the steps three at a time.

Angel ran into the hallway.

"Where'd Spike go!?" Angel asked Robin.

"The stairs." He pointed to the door that was just closing.

"Damn!" Angel grunted. "He's after that kooky blonde chick! Come on, we have to get him back up here."

Robin and Angel headed for the stairs.


Spike flew out into the lobby, looking around frantically for Buffy.

But he didn't see her. She must have gone out the front already. Without a thought as to what was waiting for him out there, he ran to the front doors of the hotel.


Buffy walked up the sidewalk, her heart heavy.

She was mad at herself for everything. For being driven to see him again, for going up to his suite, for feeling ill from her stupid nerves and leaving said suite.

She just couldn't win. Either she didn't see the object of her affection again, or she saw him and looked like a stupid golddigger slut. If she weren't out in public, she'd cry out of frustration. She looked down the street hoping to find a cab and get back to her hotel quickly.

The crowd of women outside the hotel started shrieking and screaming louder.

Buffy turned around, frowning. 'Talk about noise pollution! What got them all riled up?'


Spike shot through the doors of the hotel. His eyes searched for Buffy.

He spotted her -- she was standing on the sidewalk with her back to him, but he could tell it was her.

The girls gathered out front gasped then started screaming like maniacs at his presence.

"BUFFY!" Spike shouted. But the screams of the girls drowned him out.

He ran down the steps, intending to go to her.

Fifteen to twenty of the young women broke from the rest of the pack and swarmed over Spike, surrounding him. The police were powerless against the onslaught.

Spike's progress was halted. He jumped up and down, calling Buffy's name.


Buffy was stunned when she saw Spike's unmistakable blonde head as he jumped in the air to see over the girls' heads. He was looking right at her and saying her name. She couldn't hear him, but she could tell that he was calling her name by the shapes his gorgeous lips made. A smile broke out on her face, her heart pounded. He had come down to catch her. He really wanted to see her too?!

Spike waved frantically at her. Buffy waved back. The girls surrounding him starting tearing at his t-shirt. His eyes bugged out as the shirt was suddenly ripped from his back.

"Bloody hell! Get off! Stop it!"

The tide of screaming females dragged him down.

Buffy's smile disappeared. Her elation was quickly replaced by fear. She started walking, then jogging, then running back to where she'd last seen him. Those girls were going to tear him apart!

Angel and a few security men were trying to get through and disperse the rowdy mob. The hormonally-charged group weren't budging. They screamed shrilly and tried to get a piece of Spike's clothes (and Spike) for themselves.

"STOP IT! OW! That bloody hurts!" Spike yelled.

The girls had his shirt off. Their hands groped and touched every part of him that they could reach. Some of them touched him below the waist, roughly grabbing his ass and package. A few of them started tearing at the waist of his jeans. Spike couldn't fight them off, they were too worked up and there were too many of them. To his horror, he fully expected to be naked within a matter of seconds. He got punched in the mouth (accidentally) by one of the overzealous fans, and his head rocked back and bounced on the pavement.

Luckily, Angel, the guards, and police were breaking through the throng, tossing girls away from the fallen singer. Buffy pushed through, roughly throwing girls to the side.

"Leave him alone you fucking weirdos!" Buffy shouted. "Are you all crazy!? STOP IT!"

One girl took objection to Buffy pulling her off of Spike. She spun around and punched Buffy in the face. Buffy stumbled but held her ground. She was so afraid for Spike and upset that she didn't really feel much. Buffy grit her teeth and gave the girl a roundhouse punch of her own, sending the girl spinning away. A few of the other girls caught their comrade.

Buffy, Angel, and the guards got through to Spike at the same time. He looked dazed. There were scratches on his bare chest, his jeans were askew, the top button was ripped off, he had a bloody lip.

Buffy's anger bloomed again and she whirled on the crowd of girls. "What's wrong with you people!? Stay the fuck away from him or I'll beat the shit out of each and every one of you!" She raised her fists.

The remaining girls blanched and backed away from the petite, but dangerous looking blonde. The security detail herded the girls back behind the barriers. The mob mentality dissipated, and the girls started to think again. Some of them were shocked and ashamed of their own behavior. They had just gotten too wrapped up in the frenzy and carried along. Some of them remained unfazed, they were just angry that they'd been stopped from stripping him naked.

Angel and Robin helped Spike into a standing position but had to hold him up. They started taking him back into the hotel.

"Spike! Are you okay?" Buffy asked, running over to him.

"Thanks anyways, vicar," Spike slurred. "But it's such a nice day...I'll walk." His eyes rolled up and he went limp.

"Shit!" Angel yelled. "Get him inside NOW!"

"Can I come with you? Please I want to make sure he's alright," Buffy pleaded with him.

A policeman took Buffy by the arms and tried moving her away.

"Let me go! I'm not one of them!" Buffy squirmed in the policeman's grip.

"It's okay!" Angel said to the cop. "She's alright. Come on, Buffy. Spike told me he knew you."

The cop released Buffy and concentrated on keeping the other girls away.

They re-entered the lobby, heading for the in-house doctor's office.

"He was going out to find you," Angel said accusingly. "Why the hell did you run off like that?!"

"I-I felt stupid standing there with those girls. I didn't think he'd want to see me, afterall. I should have stayed, I know."

They brought Spike into the doctor's office and laid him on the table. The doctor began checking Spike's vital signs.

"Damn right, you should have stayed!" Angel said to Buffy. "I'm going to call an ambulance."

"No ambulance, mate. I'm okay," Spike groaned, coming around. "Think I bumped my head on the sidewalk, is all."

"Spike, are you alright!?" Angel asked, his voice wrought with concern.

“Yeah... Yeah, I’m okay.”

“Take it easy, son,” the doctor said. “You lie there and try not to move until I’ve checked you over.”

Spike nodded and moaned holding the back of his head. He smiled when he saw Buffy.

“Hey.”

“Hey,” she said, smiling warmly.


After an exam, the doctor concluded, “Besides a bump on the head, you’re fine. No apparent concussion. You've got some scratches and will have some bruising, but it's nothing to be concerned about.” The doctor got a bottle of pills and handed them to Spike. “Take two of these every few hours, as needed for pain. But you should go to a hospital and let them have a look at you.”

Spike waved him off and sat up on the table. “Nah, I’m cool. Thanks, doc.” He hopped off the table. “See? Right as rain.”

Angel shook his head. “You know how stupid what you did was? What if we didn’t get to you when we did?”

“Relax, mate. I’m okay. And I won’t be doin’ anything like that again. Let’s go back upstairs, I want to get ready for the club tonight.”

“You still want to do the set?” Angel asked doubtfully.

“Yeah, told you I’m fine. Let’s go.” Spike grinned at Buffy and gently took her hand. “You want to come up, luv? We could talk...”

“Sure...yeah, I’d like that.” Buffy blushed and walked with him.

She curled her fingers around his hand. She’d wanted to feel that again so badly. It felt just as good -- if not better -- than she remembered. No palm sweat this time.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Wow, this is nice," Buffy said, walking around his bedroom. "My room looks like crap compared to this."

Spike laughed. "It's much better than I'm used to, too. We either stayed in shitty motels or drove back home from our shows."

"I saw you guys on Conan last night," she said, smiling impishly.

"Yeah? What's the verdict?"

"I thought you were great. That song was very...suggestive."

He smirked. "Glad you liked it. I thought about you...when I was singing it."

Buffy's cheeks turned red. "Really?"

"Umm-hmm." Spike nodded.

Spike went to sit on the bed, but changed his mind. It might look too forward (despite what they'd done on the plane). He opted for sitting on a cozy couch, patting the seat beside him. Buffy smiled and sat down with him. They both thought about what they wanted to say, and how to say it right.

"So...." Spike said slowly.

"So..." Buffy said.

They looked at each other and laughed.

"Well, ain't we articulate?" Spike chuckled.

"At least you have an excuse. You were set upon like a gazelle versus a pack of hyenas."

"Gazelle? Can I be a wildebeest in that analogy instead? Seems more manly."

Buffy giggled. "Okay, you can be a big hairy wildebeest." She put a hand on his arm and looked into his eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah." He touched her hand, caressing her with his fingertips. "I'm sure."

Goosebumps rose on Buffy's arms at his touch and the way he was smiling at her. She forgot how to breathe for a second. She didn't take her hand away but tried to joke a little.

With a smile, she said, "Most guys dream about a crowd of horny girls tearing their clothes off."

"Yeah, and I was one of them," he admitted with a laugh. "But it only sounded good in theory. In reality, it's fucking scary! I didn't know how far they'd go. If they'd get me naked then start pullin' off arms, legs, and...any other extraneous bits that remained."

"They were crazed or something," Buffy said, lightly touching a few scratches on his upper chest. "I've never seen anything like that. You poor baby."

"I was lucky to have you there, luv. Angel told me how you were fighting them off and doling out punishment."

Buffy blushed. "I was so angry and scared. I just wanted to get them away from you. I thought that...if they really hurt you, I'd never get the chance to..."

"To what?"

She took a deep breath. "To see you again... To talk to you... To tell you how much what happened between us meant to me."

"It meant...a lot to me as well," Spike said, holding her hand. "I thought...that you wanted to forget what we did."

"I was embarrassed. I mean...I didn't even really know you and we...I forced myself on you in an airplane restroom." She looked away.

Spike touched her face, bringing her back to look at him. "You were the one who initiated it, but I was more than willing." He stroked her cheek with his thumb, near the mark where one of the girls had hit her. "I'm sorry you got roughed up, luv," he said sadly.

"It's...okay. I'm tough." Buffy leaned into his hand. "Spike, I want you to know that I wanted to ask you for your number right after we...when it was over. But...I thought you meant what you said about it being over and us going our separate ways. I've been going crazy the last few days...wondering if I should even try to find you and say all the things that I wished I had."

"I only said that thing about going our separate ways because I thought that's the way you felt about it. Looks like we both made the mistake of not being honest."

Buffy nodded slowly. "If it wasn't for that stewardess, I would have asked you where you were staying, but she freaked me out when she said she could have me arrested."

Spike smiled. "Yeah, I saw that look of panic come across your face just before you jog-walked off the plane."

She laughed lightly. "Yeah. Then I waited by baggage claim, hoping that you'd show up, but you never did."

Spike sighed. "I got rushed out because of the photographers and fans."

"I noticed the mêlée going by, but I didn't know you were in the midst of it." Buffy started hesitantly, "Spike...I have to ask you something...and I don't want to offend you."

His brow creased. He could tell that whatever she had to ask was important and bothering her. "What is it, Buffy? It's hard to offend me." He smiled. "Ask away."

"Uh, we didn't...use...protection when we..."

Spike nodded slowly. "Yeah, I thought about that, too."

"Did... Do you...have lots of sexual partners? And do you use protection when you do--do it? Please, don't be offended. I'm sorry that --"

"Buffy, don't feel bad about asking, okay?" Spike squeezed her hand. "It's necessary, and the adult thing to do. To answer your questions, I've been with four women over the last year and a half. I used a condom with all of them. Before that, I was in a long-term relationship. And I just had a doctor's exam two months ago. I have a clean bill of health."

Buffy blew out a breath and smiled. "Good. And just to put your mind to rest, I hadn't been with anyone for a long time before you, so I couldn't have given you anything."

"What about..." Spike said nervously, "umm...b-birth control?"

Buffy squeezed his hand this time. "I'm current on my shots, so everything should be cool."

"Thank God," he breathed. "Not...that it would've been the end of the world or anything," he amended quickly. "It would just be a shame if our first, and only, time together... I sound like an utter creep, don't I?"

"No, you don't. No one would want a one-time encounter to result in a child, that includes me."

Their hearts and minds felt lighter having had their fears put to rest.

"Well, I'm glad we've got that all sorted. But...I don't want it to be a 'one-time' thing. I hope you feel the same way. Buffy...I'm crazy about you," Spike said. "I want to get to know you better."

"Me too! I... That's exactly what I thought. I wanted to get to know you better."

"Oh, Buffy," Spike said leaning into her. "I've thought about you so bloody much... Dreamed about you coming to me... I've dreamed about this..."

They kissed lightly, lips just brushing together. Spike put a hand on her knee, then slid it slowly upwards, grazing her thigh. The kiss became more impassioned, burning them up from within. Buffy slid over and turned sideways. They put their arms around each other.

Spike's lip hurt, but he was powering through the pain. Kissing Buffy like he'd wanted to was much more important than a little discomfort.

For both of them, this was something they'd dreamed of doing again. This time though, there wasn't any fear or dread -- just the goodness. Spike pulled her up onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her.

"W-Wait, Spike," Buffy said.

"What's wrong?" he asked, pulling back to look her in the face.

"You were just attacked and hit your head. You need to take it easy."

"Don't worry 'bout me." He smiled and kissed the corner of her mouth. Then he thought that maybe a shower for himself should be the first priority. He had gotten dirty and scratched up in the melee. “Pet, would you mind if I took a shower? I’ll only be a few minutes.”

“No, I don’t mind.” Buffy kissed him softly then stood up. “You want me to wait here?”

Spike hesitated. He really wanted to ask her to join him, but they should at least have sex in a proper bed before they indulged in shower acrobatics. “Yeah, I won’t be long.”

“Okay.” Buffy sat back down on the couch. She’d been hoping that he’d say, ‘There’s room enough for two in the shower.’ But they needed to go a little slower -- or a lot slower -- than they did the last time. Showering together sounded absolutely heavenly, but it could wait. “I’ll be waiting.” She licked her lips suggestively, a small smile curling up on her lips.

Spike stared at her mouth for a moment, wanting to pick her up and toss her onto the bed. He shook himself out of his Buffy-induced trance and smiled at her. He walked backwards to the bathroom door then went in before he changed his mind.


While he was in the shower, Buffy did everything she could think of to distract herself from thoughts of a naked wet Spike standing just feet away from her. She hummed a happy song as she walked around the room, checking out little things that Spike had brought with him.

There were pictures of Spike and his bandmates set up on the bureau. There were also pictures of him and another man with dark hair and glasses, and an older man with graying hair and glasses.

‘Maybe they're his family? Nice lookin’ group.’ There was little resemblance between Spike and the other men, but something about their eyes reminded her of him.

On the night stand, there was an ashtray full of guitar picks of assorted colors, and another framed picture. This picture was of Spike hugging a white bulldog. Spike was grinning at the camera, and so it seemed was the dog. Buffy giggled. Seeing a cute guy cuddling a dog was so adorable. It was good to know that Spike was an animal lover, too. Buffy had a pot-bellied pig, named Mr. Gordo, waiting back home for her. She wondered if Spike’s dog and her pig would get along.

Buffy could still hardly believe that she’d finally saw him again...and that she was in his bedroom waiting for him to come out of the shower. It felt like a 10 ton weight had been lifted from her. She knew now that Spike was just as happy as she was that they met again. That was a huge relief!

“Didn’t get too bored, I hope,” Spike said.

Buffy turned around. Spike had on a pair of gray sweat pants and was toweling his hair dry. Damn, he was fine! Her eyes couldn’t get enough of him. That hard chest, the defined abs, those delectable hip bones. She forced her eyes back up to his face.

“No, I was just checking out your stuff...your things...pictures.” She felt herself blushing again, so she turned and picked up the picture of Spike and the dog. “Is it your dog?”

Spike laughed and walked up behind her, looking over her shoulder. “Yeah, that's my girl. Ain’t she a cutie? Her name’s Cecily.”

“Cecily?” Buffy laughed.

“Named her after a girl I used to fancy. Believe me, the bulldog is much friendlier and more pleasant than the human. I made the right choice.”

“She’s cute,” Buffy smiled, putting the picture back.

Spike’s hands rested on her waist. Buffy stood up straight, then leaned back against him with a sigh. His hands slid around to her stomach. He bent his head to kiss the side of her neck.

“I’m all clean now,” he said, turning her around.

Buffy put her arms around his neck and kissed his mouth. “Doesn’t your lip hurt?”

“Just a bit. What’s the phrase? ‘Kiss it and make it better’?” He smirked.

They melted into another languid kiss. Spike slid a hand down to her ass.

“Um, I should wash up too,” Buffy said. She felt kind of stinky from running around all morning. She didn’t want to start out being sweaty -- she wanted to get that way during the course of it. “Can I use your shower real quick?”

“Sure, Buffy.” Spike kissed her again, then sat on the bed. “I’ll be right here.”

“Okay.” She smiled and touched his face. “I’ll be right back.”

“There’s a white bathrobe in there you can use.”

“Thanks,” Buffy said. She winked at him and went in the bathroom.

She showered as quickly as possible. Buffy couldn’t help playing with herself just a little though. When she washed her breasts, she closed her eyes and imagined that Spike was touching her there. When she washed between her legs, she rubbed her clit. She was wet and throbbing in anticipation of going back out there with him. It would be so wonderful to feel his nimble fingers stroking her pussy again.

'Why am I imagining him touching me? The sooner I get back out there, the sooner he'll be doing these things for real!'

By the time she finished washing and tied the robe around her waist, she was hotter and hornier than she’d ever been. She combed out her hair, took a deep breath, then went out into the bedroom.

“Sorry it took --” Buffy started to say.

Spike was lying on his side on the bed, asleep.

“Oh crap,” Buffy whispered, her shoulders slumping.

She went over to the bed and sat down gingerly. Well, he had been through an ordeal. She wanted him so bad, but he needed to rest. And they’d have many more chances for romance in the future -- she wasn’t going to let him leave New York without having his phone number and address.

Buffy leaned down and kissed him gently on the cheek. “Sweet dreams.”

She went and dressed back in her street clothes. She was a little bit hungry, so she went out into the main room to search for food. Angel was on the couch with a blonde on his lap. They were kissing passionately.

“Oh...um...sorry. I was just...” Buffy wasn’t sure what to do. She felt bad for interrupting Angel and his lady friend, but staying in the bedroom with a sweet-smelling, yummy, sleeping Spike was a temptation that she didn’t need.

Angel looked over at her, raising his eyebrows. “Wow, you guys done already? Spike really must’ve been fucked up.”

“Um...no...we didn’t...”

“Angel!” Darla laughed and punched his chest. “You’re so rude! Don’t pay attention to him, honey. You must be Buffy.”

Buffy nodded.

“I’m Darla, Angel’s better half. Angel told me about what happened outside the hotel today. Spike’s okay, isn’t he?”

“Yes, he’s sleeping. I didn’t want to disturb him...so I came out here in search of something to eat.”

“There’s plenty of stuff on the table over there. The hotel takes care of high profile guests.” Darla smiled.

“You coming to the club tonight with Spike?” Angel asked Buffy.

“Um...he didn’t ask.”

“I think it’s safe to say that he’d want you to come. He almost got ripped apart by wolverines running after you before.”

“I had no idea he’d do that,” Buffy said with a touch of embarrassment and defensiveness. “I wouldn’t have wanted him to endanger himself.”

Darla smacked Angel again.

“Ow, Dar! Will you stop that?!”

“Stop trying to make Buffy feel bad. Spike’s an impulsive guy, no one can predict what he’ll do. You know that better than anyone, Angel.”

Angel sighed, “I’m not trying to make her feel bad. Sorry if that’s what I was doing, Buffy.”

Buffy nodded.

“Angel,” Darla said, “get Buffy a V.I.P. badge for the club.”

“Yes, Master,” Angel growled and stood up. “You’re here less than a half hour and you’re ordering me around.”

“You know you love it, baby.”

Darla grabbed his ass, making him jump and squeak.

“Watch it, missy!” He smiled.

Darla made a throaty purring sound and swept her tongue over her top lip. “Get the pass.”

Angel grinned and went to his room.

Buffy found some cookies to snack on. “You seem to have a lot of pull with Angel.” She smiled.

Darla laughed, “We’ve been together for a long time. He knows who’s boss. If he misbehaves, all I have to do is withhold sex. He collapses like a house of cards.”

“Aren’t you worried about all the girls that hang around rock groups?” Buffy nibbled a cookie. The thought of Spike being tempted by loose women all the time wasn’t comforting.

“Of course I am. The guys are only human, they have weaknesses. But, you just have to trust them...and show up when they’re on the road to make sure they’re minding their P’s and Q’s. Are you and Spike together?”

“I think so... I mean we both said how much we like each other. I’d like for us to be. I think he does, too.”

“Cool. Spike needs a woman in his life...besides that dog of his.”

Angel emerged from the bedroom. He handed Buffy the V.I.P. pass.

“You can go backstage if you flash this, and you’ll get in free.”

“When’s the show?” Buffy asked.

“Tonight at 7:30. But we're going to be heading there in about an hour.”

Buffy looked at her watch. It was 4:30. “I need to go back to my hotel and find something to wear.”

Darla suggested, “Angel, why don’t you have the limo take her? She shouldn’t have to take a cab.”

Angel rolled his eyes. “Yeah, alright.” He picked up the phone and told their driver to expect Buffy in a few minutes. “I suppose you’re flying back to L.A. with us tomorrow morning?”

“I...don’t know. Spike didn’t say anything about that.” Buffy tensed at the mere mention of flying.

"I think he'll want you to come back with us. You will come, won't you? I don't think we'll get him on a plane again if you're not coming along."

"You...wouldn't mind me being there? I don't want to impose..."

"You wouldn't be imposing. You'd be helping really," Angel insisted. "Spike's scared shitless to fly again, so he'll need some encouragement."

"I'm...terrified to fly, too," Buffy admitted, feeling stupid like she always did when having to tell someone.

"Would you be willing to give it a try on a private jet? And with Spike there?"

"I...guess so," she said reluctantly. Maybe she could get on a plane as long as he was with her. "I'll...try."

"You'll be okay, Buffy," Darla said comfortingly. "We'll be having so much fun that you won't even remember to be scared."

"Yeah, okay," Buffy said, feeling nauseous. "I have to go. I'll see you guys at --"

"Six o'clock," Angel said. "Have your bags packed when we pick you up tonight. You can spend the night here and we can get an early start."

"Cool. See you then."

Buffy left for the limo downstairs.

"She seems sweet," Darla said. "I think she'll be good for Spike."

"Let's hope so. Now," Angel smiled and swaggered back over to the couch. "Where were we?"

Darla giggled as Angel dived on top of her and sucked on her neck.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Spike woke up shortly after Buffy left.

"Shit...musta fell asleep." He rubbed his eyes, then looked around. "Buffy?"

He looked in the bathroom, but she was gone.

"Shit... Where is she?"

Spike went out into the main room. Darla and Angel were lounging on the couch with a sheet covering them, smoking cigarettes. It was obvious what they'd been doing.

Darla grinned at Spike. "Hey, blondie. How you feeling?"

"Hi, Dar. Fine, I'm fine. Angel, where's Buffy? I must've fallen asleep, and she's gone." Spike tried not to sound as upset as he was.

"She went back to her hotel."

"What? Why?! I-I don't even know where she's staying. What if I --"

"Spike, chill! I had Malcolm take her back to her hotel. And I invited her to attend the show tonight. Which you have to get ready to leave for, by the way."

Spike breathed a little easier. "Yeah? She's coming?"

"And she agreed to come with us back to L.A. tomorrow morning," Darla added.

"She...said she'd fly back with us?"

"Yep," Angel said. "So if she's willing to fly, you should try, too."

Spike breathed deeply. "Yeah...I'll go if Buffy will be there."

"Go get ready, Spike. We've got to leave in a little while."

"Alright." He turned, then turned back again. "You're sure she'll be there tonight?"

"Yes, Spike. We're picking her up on the way."

Spike smiled. "Okay. Cool." He went back to his room.

Darla giggled, "Aww, he's so cute when he's nervous. He really must be crazy about her."

"Yeah, he is. I just hope Buffy's presence tomorrow will calm him down enough to fly. I don't want him going nuts and running around."

"Oh, I'm sure Buffy will find some way to occupy him."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The limo pulled up to Buffy's hotel at 6:20. They were running a little late.

Spike jumped out as soon as the car came to a stop. He and Buffy smiled at each other.

"Hey, why did you leave? I was freaked out when I couldn't find you," Spike said, walking up to her.

"I had to change for the club. I wanted to wear something cool."

Spike eyed her appreciatively. She was wearing a tight pair of blue jeans and a white tank top with a suede jacket over it.

"You look great, Buffy."

The driver put Buffy's luggage in the trunk.

Spike stepped up to her, their arms came up around each other.

"You look pretty great, too," she said, smiling. "Sorry I left like that, but I wanted you to get some rest."

"For future reference," Spike said, brushing his lips over her cheek, "I'd much rather wake up with you there. I can't believe I fell asleep... I'm sorry, luv."

"It's okay. You needed some sleep. We'll have lots of opportunities to...spend time together in the future, right?"

"Absolutely." Spike smirked and kissed her.

Angel stuck his head out the window. "Tick-Tock! Will you get in the damn car? We're running late as it is!"

Spike growled, breaking the kiss. "We're comin', Peaches."


At the club, Buffy got a good place right in front of the stage, wearing her V.I.P. pass around her neck with pride.

When The Big Bad were announced the crowd went wild. Spike and the guys bounded onto the stage and took up their instruments.

During the next 90 minutes, Spike's eyes would fix back on Buffy while he sang. For a few numbers, they added a horn section to the group.

"This is the last song we're going to be doing tonight. I hope you all enjoy it," Spike said.

The crowd clapped, ready to hear it.

Spike and the band started playing a raucous number. He sang with a deep, rumbling voice:

"Yeah!

Come on, come on, come on, come on
Now touch me, babe
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that you made?

Now, I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I"

Buffy watched and listened to him playing, her heart beating wildly. He'd wink and smirk at her occasionally. She wondered if what they had was (or could become) love. The way she felt about him and the way he looked at her, the things he'd said to her -- all signs pointed to 'Yes'. Buffy grinned broadly and danced in place in front of the stage.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on
Now touch me, babe
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that you made?

I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I"

Spike looked at Buffy and smiled as he sang in a soft voice. Buffy could do nothing but stand there, look up at him and try not to faint. He was the sexiest creature she had ever set eyes on. Forget about that initial 'not her type' stuff. He was gorgeous and perfect, and he was singing to her. His eyes shone, showing her that he wasn't just singing a song -- he meant the words he was singing.

"I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
(Spike sang in a louder, rougher tone) Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I!"

Devon was playing the sax, leaning playfully on Spike. The rest of the guys were playing their asses off, too. They were bouncing and bopping, giving it their all. The music built to a wild crescendo as they finished.

Everyone in the audience applauded. Buffy 'Yay'ed' and clapped the loudest. She felt like she was 16 and attending the concert of her rock star crush. Watching him onstage made her feel giddy and happy. She could get used to this.

The band thanked the audience and exited the stage.

Robin came out to escort Buffy backstage. She'd never gotten special privileges like this, it was cool. Other women glared at her. Buffy just smiled at them like the cat who ate the canary.

'Yep, that's right. I'm with the band!' Buffy giggled as they went behind the curtain.


Robin showed her to the dressing room that the band shared. There were some other girls back there already. Much to Buffy's relief, the girls were hanging on Devon, Percy and Xander. Spike and Oz were by themselves.

"Wow, you guys were terrific!" she said.

They all thanked her.

Buffy grinned at Spike. He downed a large gulp of bottled water, wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and smiled back at her. She walked over to him and started to put her arms around him. He blocked her.

"Pet, I'm all sweaty from the lights. You don't want to hug me right now. Wait 'til I've showered."

"Don't care," Buffy persisted with a grin, she put her arms around him anyway. "A little sweat never killed anyone. And..." she leaned in to whisper to him, "you turned me on so much. I think I'll burst if I don't kiss you right now."

"Yeah?"

"Mmmhmm."

"Guess I'd better kiss you then."

"Yes, you'd better."

They locked lips, Buffy not minding the sweat at all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later, back at the hotel...

They had showered and changed, now Buffy and Spike were in bed (still clothed). They were holding each other and kissing.

Spike was frustrated.

On the one hand, he was on cloud nine, kissing and touching the woman of his dreams. On the other hand, he felt exhausted. The pain pills the doctor had given him must have caused some drowsiness. Besides that, the performance tonight had really taken it out of him. He had already fallen asleep on her once, this time he might literally fall asleep on her. He couldn't disappoint her again, she might start thinking that he really didn't want her if he kept dozing off at inopportune times.

Buffy could go on like this forever; lying with him, their bodies against each other, their lips caressing the other’s.

Spike buried his face in her neck, kissing her throat -- and hiding a yawn.

"Mmmm, Spike," Buffy purred, moving her hands over his back. "Oh baby, I want you so bad!"

"Buffy, want you too --" He couldn't contain a large yawn.

"Hey." Buffy pushed him away a little to look at him. "Are you sleepy?"

"No... Not at all, luv. I'm...rarin' to go. How could I possibly be tired with the most beautiful, desirable, most --" He fought not to yawn again, his eyes watered.

Buffy stroked his face. "It's okay if you're too tired." Actually, she wanted to rip her hair out in sexual frustration, but she could be understanding. But, damn! Her need for Spike was getting critical! "You had a very rough day."

Spike dropped his head in defeat, resting their foreheads together. "I'm so sorry, Buffy. I don't want you to get the wrong idea...that I don't want you. I do want you, more than anything."

"I know you meant what you said earlier. Don't worry."

"Maybe I can drink some coffee and take another shower?" Spike asked.

"No." Buffy smiled and pulled him against her. "Just sleep. When it happens again, I want us both to be 'right there', you know?"

He groaned, cuddling her. "I'm such a git."

"No, you're not. Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up this time." She smiled.

"You better be," he jokingly mumbled.

Spike fell asleep after only a few minutes.

Buffy sighed, wishing that they could have made love. It occurred to her that sleeping in each others' arms was a very relationshippy-type thing. That was good. That meant it wasn't purely a sexual attraction. Maybe the two of them could really go the distance together? Buffy didn't know, but she certainly hoped so.


Buffy leaned against Spike and began to drift off to sleep too. She felt so happy and safe in his arms. She could lie in his embrace forever.