Chapter 3

“Unh!” Buffy cried out her ecstasy just before collapsing on top of her boyfriend’s chest. She slowly reached one hand up to her face to tuck her hair behind her ear, the thick strands quickly becoming annoying to her. She smiled into his chest when she heard the whispered comment escape his lips.

“Thanks,” she replied, lifting her head and resting her chin so she could look at him. His mouth was slightly ajar. She could hear quick intakes of air passing over his lips as he calmed down. “You weren’t so bad yourself.”

Angel flicked his eyes down at her before returning them to the ceiling overhead. He laughed hoarsely before saying, “Babe, you’re going to kill a man one day with the stuff you do.”

Buffy propped herself up on her elbows and regarded the man underneath her. She was happy that he seemed genuinely pleased with her performance, but something was off. He didn’t seem like he was really there. During their little roll he acted half interested in pleasing her, more like he was looking for a “wham-bam thank you maam” moment rather than their usual slow, touchy-feely sessions.

“Angel,” she started to say but stopped when she felt him pushing her over and off his body.

“What time is it?” he asked glancing over at her nightstand.

“You’re leaving?”

Buffy watched, her mouth hung open in shock, as Angel pulled his jeans up one leg then the other. Suddenly feeling like a cheap whore she pulled a blanket up to cover her chest, trying to hide the filth she felt from being exposed.

“Yeah, my ma got on my hide last time I came in so late,” he explained twirling around in one spot as he searched for his shirt. “I really don’t want that woman on my back.”

“So, she doesn’t mind you sneaking out late, but the whole coming back late is okay?” Buffy asked, demanding to understand why he had a sudden change in attitude.

“Buffy don’t start.”

Buffy sat up straight in bed, the sheet falling down to her waist when she did so.

“I’m not starting anything. I just want to know why you have to leave so early, its only…” she paused to glance at the clock. “Three o’clock.”

Angel, who was fully dressed now, walked over to sit on the edge of the bed. He angled his body so he was looking at her and placed a hand over hers, which lay flat against the mattress beside her thigh.

“It’s not only my ma, Buffy. You’re old man is so anal about your safety lately that I’m afraid he’s going to come barging through that door any moment. And, I really don’t want to worry about him blowing my balls off if you catch my drift.”

Buffy jerked her hand out from under his and scoffed at his remark. “God, you’re such a pig Angel,” she told him, crossing her arms over her chest to cover her nudity once again.

Angel leaned over and began to place soft kisses on her shoulder. “Thank you for tonight.”

That did it. Buffy saw red after that statement fell from his lips. Now not only did she feel like a two-bit whore, but him saying that gave the impression that she really was.

“Why don’t you just pay me and leave?” she barked, moving away from him and getting out of the bed. She found her robe lying on the floor and pulled it on.

“You know,” she said, clumsily tying her sash together. “You’ve been acting strange these last couple of weeks. I haven’t said anything because I know how you hate me to pry into your ‘personal’ affairs. But, now that you’ve ruined our last night together I just don’t care anymore.”

“Come one babe.”

“Get out Angel,” she told him before turning away. “Leave now or I will scream for my father and we’ll really see if he tries to blow your nuts off.”

She heard him sigh deep in his throat then heard his feet moving across the floor as he made his way to her balcony door. Her heart broke into a million pieces when she felt the air from outside blow by her, telling her that he was gone.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Day:


“Rough night?” Xander asked Spike as they loaded their suitcases onto the private jet that would transport them to LA.

“Spent all night trying to talk to Dru. Didn’t get a wink o’ sleep.”

Xander arched a brow in curiosity. “You two have a fight or something?”

“Seems she found out about this little trip before I had the chance to tell her myself.” Spike explained, tossing a bag carelessly into the cargo space of the jets belly. “Then after not letting me explain things to her, I find out she planned to spend the night with her parents.”

“Gee, man. Tough luck.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Tis all right. Maybe this little break will do us some good.” he tried to rationalize. “But, if this chit rubs me the wrong way … let’s just say I don’t feel like being hospitable today.”

“I hear that, I hear that.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Honey are you okay?” Joyce Summers asked her daughter as they waited for the guards to okay the aircraft she would be flying in. “Are you still mad that you have to leave?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “No, mom. What’s taking so long? Why can’t I get on the plane yet?” She inquired, looking out the large floor to ceiling windows towards the runway where she could see her father yelling at a man.

“They’re just checking things Elizabeth. Have patience.” She advised tenderly, placing her arm around Buffy’s shoulders.

Buffy shoved her mother’s arm off of her and moved away. “Call me when they finally get this crap in motion. I’ll be in the restroom fixing my hair.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy managed to shove her way through the busy summer vacation crowd into the bathroom. Once inside she found an empty stale and walked into it. She closed and locked the door behind her before leaning against one of the walls. Silently she started to cry to herself. Tears rolled down her cheeks and under her chin.

Last night after Angel had left she had called Willow up crying. She told her friend everything that had happened and asked her opinion of the situation. Willow had told her that she didn’t know what to think, only that maybe a break would be good for them both right now. Her comment only made Buffy cry more. As a result Buffy had cried herself to sleep last night, broken-hearted over the thought of never speaking to Angel again.

Today she felt better, that is until her mother stuck her nose where it didn’t belong. She had been all gung-ho about leaving and getting away from Sunnyhell until her mother asked if something was wrong. That only brought on memories of last night and what had occurred with Angel.

Buffy pulled some tissue off the toilet roll and used it to dab her eyes. She felt like such a baby, crying over something so insane. It was obvious Angel had lost interest in her. Which was not understandable since they had only been dating a little over a year. She really thought he was the one. Once they had passed the six month mark, which is when most relationships die, she knew theirs was special.

What a fool she had been.

“Elizabeth the plane is ready.” She heard her mother voice echo through the restroom. “Come out so your father and I can say good-bye.”

Buffy laughed to herself as she left the stall, all the while thinking, “I’m about to enter hell.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Remember your manners. And, be polite to the servants on the plane. And, don’t forget to take your ..”

“Joyce will you stop nagging. Our daughter is going to be fine.” Hank said, pulling his wife’s hands from around Buffy.

“This is so embarrassing,” Buffy mumbled under her breath as her father pulled her mother free of hugging her.

“Elizabeth,” Hank said, stepping up to his daughter. “I want you to promise me something. If those men guarding you take advantage of you in any way you call me.” He said, his mind drifting to the other day and memory of the two men who would be guarding her.

“Daddy!” Buffy said, shocked. “They're old men.”

“Just promise me. I don’t care what those bastards say about contacting me. You call me if they lay one hand on you.”

“Hank you’re scaring her,” Joyce spoke up, noticing the appalled look on Buffy’s face.

“Joyce,” Hank reprimanded. “Elizabeth.”

“I promise.”

“All right,” Hank breathed in relief. “Now go on. They’re waiting for you.”

Buffy smiled at her parents. ‘At least I’m getting away from these two,’ she thought to herself as she backed away from them toward the plane.

“Love you, mom.”

“I love you, Elizabeth. Be careful.”

Buffy waved one final time to her parents then boarded the plane.