Buffy, Cordelia and Willow sat on the floor of Willow's bedroom talking and laughing.

They were having a sleepover at Willow's house. Her parents were away at some conference and they had the house to themselves. The girls were wearing their pajamas (Buffy in her 'Yummy Sushi' pajamas; Willow in a long, modest, flannel nightgown; and Cordy in an expensive-looking, short, red, silky nightgown) and drinking strawberry daiquiris. A selection of Playgirl magazines was spread out on the floor around them.

They giggled and pointed out a few of the more 'gifted' models.

"Oooh! Look at this guy!" Willow laughed. "Wow!"

Buffy and Cordy took a gander and nodded in appreciation.

"Aw, that's nothin'!" Buffy said proudly. "Spike's much bigger than him."

"Spill!" Cordy said excitedly, resting back on her heels.

"Huh?" Buffy said, taking another drink.

"You and Spike, we wanna hear the details!" Willow bounced.

"Guys!" Buffy blushed.

"Hey, you brought up the subject. Now, spill!" Cordy sucked on her straw.

"What...do you want to know?" Buffy giggled.

She'd had a few daiquiris already and was feeling loose. It was a difficult decision to spend the night with her girlfriends instead of Spike, but she really had been ignoring them lately. One night apart wouldn't kill them...she didn't think so anyway. Xander and Oz were staying over at Spike's place. Probably playing Playstation games all night, knowing them.

"How long did it take before you guys did it?" Willow asked, the alcohol making her bolder.

"Ummm..." Buffy put her hands over her face. "Okay...you guys can't tell anyone about this, alright?" She peeked between her fingers at them.

"Promise!"

"Absolutely!"

Her friends eagerly agreed.

"Okay... Spike is...the guy I met in New York."

Cordy and Willow's mouths hung open, their eyes widened. Then they squealed.

"Omigod! He's that 'Will' guy?! Omigod!" Willow said.

"I can't believe it!" Cordy grabbed Buffy's arm. "He's the guy you had sex with all night?! The guy who gave the amazing head?!"

"Cordy!" Buffy laughed and blushed. "Yes! It's him! I had no idea he was Giles' son...we didn't exchange last names."

'Or real ones....' Buffy thought. She'd still keep the gigolo thing to herself.

"And I lied about my age. I told him I was like 30 or something."

"You must have pissed yourself when you saw him in the library! I thought you looked funny! But I wrote it off as you being struck by his hotness," Cordy said.

"Spike must have been pretty surprised too!" Willow said. "What did you guys say to each other when you got him alone?"

"Our first talk didn't go that well. We had a fight," Buffy said sadly, remembering how she'd hurt his feelings. "But before that, we almost...had sex on my living room couch."

"Omigod!" Willow dropped on her side. "You are so bad!"

"How did you go from 'almost sex' to fighting?" Cordy asked.

"Umm, my mom came home unexpectedly...she almost caught us. Things got weird after that. But... ohh, it felt so good to kiss him again..." Buffy said dreamily.

"Okay, how long did it take for you guys to do it after that?" Cordy sipped her drink.

"The next night...we kind of..." Buffy put her face in her hands, giggling like mad.

"Come on! Tell us!" Willow demanded, poking at Buffy's leg.

"That was us...in The Bronze that night. We were the ones you heard having sex."

Willow screamed. "I don't believe it! That was you?!"

"We did it in the utility closet after I vanquished the evil Harmony. She was so totally pawing him and I went nuts -- I was an animal!" Buffy giggled and made her hands into claws.

"Wow, Buffy!" Cordy said. "Kinky!"

"Oh, you don't know the half of it!" Buffy smirked.

"Is he still just as good in bed as he was in New York? I bet he's really goooood..." Willow said, she'd never have the nerve to ask this kind of thing sober.

"He's...ahhh...there are no words. He's so marvelously, incredibly, mind-bogglingly fantastic! The sex is so good we fucking named it! We call it 'Fred'." Buffy giggled and gulped down the rest of her daiquiri.

The girls laughed and refilled their glasses.

"He looooves the oral sex," Buffy said, her mouth not knowing when to stop offering details (she'd be embarrassed in the morning that she'd revealed so much). "He goes down on me allll the time! He's so bloody good at it too!"

"You said 'bloody'!" Willow snorted.

Buffy continued singing the praises of Spike sex. "A few times, when I fell asleep/passed out in bed with him, I'd be having a great dream that he was...you know, down there. And I'd wake up and he'd have his face between my thighs with a naughty grin on his face. That beats an alarm clock any day, let me tell ya!"

"Omigod!" Cordy and Willow yelled.

"How big is he again?" Willow asked. "You said he was bigger than this guy." Willow pointed to the nude model in the magazine.

"Hmmm, about this big." Buffy held her hands apart. She knew that part of his anatomy quite well by this point.

"Wow! That's like --" Willow calculated the distance. "Nine -- Ten inches!"

"Yep," Buffy sighed, taking another drink. "And it's a little bent at the end. To get all those hard to reach areas!" She giggled.

"Isn't that too big?" Willow wondered. "I mean, doesn’t it...hurt?"

"Uh-uh. We fit together perfectly, like we were made for each other." Buffy smiled.

"What about girth?" Cordy asked. "That's the important thing."

Buffy put her hands together and formed a circle, approximating how big around Spike was.

"Nice..." Cordy said with wide eyes.

"Whoa! Hehehehe!" Willow laughed.

They giggled again.

"Where else have you guys done it? Besides The Bronze," Willow asked.

"Everywhere. We're like bunnies!"

"Details, Buffy, if you please." Cordy smiled.

"Ummm...in his car, in The Bronze, in his bed, on the floor, kitchen counters, the couch, the library at school, in the furniture store behind an armoire --"

"Holy shit!" Cordy exclaimed. "You guys are bunnies!"

"Oh, and in his pool too! We did it there lots of times. On the diving board was fun, it was nice and bouncy. And on the inflatable raft. We tried it on the slide but that didn't work out... I remember the first time we had sex in the pool, he gave me head while I had my legs hooked through the metal ladder, you know the one on the side of the pool you use to climb out? Anyway, that was in-fucking-credible! He did this new thing with his tongue, where he rolled it into a tube..." Buffy shivered from the memory.

Willow and Cordy were rapt, they're pulses picking up from the tawdry and extremely stimulating tales Buffy was spinning.

"Well, no wonder you didn't have time to hang out with us! You were gettin' your ticket punched left and right!" Willow giggled. "He cleans the pool on a regular basis I hope! I'd like to go swimming there sometime in the future."

"And you're here with us tonight, instead of in between the sheets with 'King Cunnilingus' -- why?" Cordy asked Buffy, her eyes getting glassy.

Buffy looked at the telephone.

‘He’d probably be pissed if I called to check on him. How can I miss him so much already? What am I going to do if one of us has to go on a trip or something? I’d wig out after only a few days...’


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


At Spike's house, the guys were having fun talking sports, women, video games, eating pizza and watching Die Hard 1 & 2.

Spike missed Buffy like crazy. But she was right. She still needed to spend time with her friends too. He wished he didn't crave her body all the time. But he did. Whether it was just holding her against him or shagging like crazed wildebeests, he wanted to be near her all the time.

But, he resigned himself to the fact that they needed to have other activities too. Her friends were pretty cool people. Oz was a fellow musician, so they had that in common to talk about. Willow was adorable, so shy and timid. Cordelia was brash and brutally honest at times, but she had a good heart. Xander was...a bit of a wanker sometimes. He and Spike had an argument earlier about the merits of American football vs. European football. But Xander wasn't too bad. He made Spike laugh a lot. And he was a video game fan too. Spike didn’t mind being his friend as well.

“I wonder what...the girls are doin’...” Spike wondered.

“Probably doing their nails or their hair...but personally, I’d prefer to think that they’re having a down and dirty pillow fight in their bras and panties,” Xander said before taking a drink of his soda.

Spike laughed. “That’s a nice image. Mind if I borrow it?”

Xander waved his hand. “Be my guest, my friend,” he said magnanimously.

“Maybe we should call -- just to check in with them...” Spike said.

“Spike, man, you are so whipped!” Xander rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“I am not!” Spike said, furrowing his brow.

“Are too! You can’t even have one night with the guys without moonin’ about her.”

“Bollocks! I was just...wonderin’ what she was doing, is all...”

Then Xander affected a bad, high-pitched British accent, “Ooooh! I can’t spend one bloomin’ minute without me Buffy! Cor blimey, I don’t know what to do if she‘s not here to tell me!”

Spike hurled a pillow at Xander, hitting him in the face.

“Ow! Hey!” Xander said. “The corners are pointy, you could’ve put out my eye, dickhead!”

“I DO NOT sound like that!” Spike said as an offended Englishman.

Spike couldn’t help laughing despite is irritation. The impression Xander did of him was hardly flattering but it was funny.

“And that had to be the worst British accent I’ve ever heard, mate. You sounded like a gay Cockney pirate.”

“Will you guys keep it down. I’m trying to watch the movie. This is the part where Bruce Willis walks on broken glass. Very cool,” Oz said, trying to stay out of their conversation.

“Whoa, yeah. This part rules,” Xander said, putting his attention back on the beautiful big-screen TV.

Spike looked at the telephone and sighed.

‘Xander’s right -- in a way. Buffy and I do need to learn how to spend time with other people too... I won’t call her. Even if I do just want to hear her voice...’


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Amazingly, Spike and Buffy made it through the whole night without calling or seeing each other. It wasn’t pleasant for either of them, but they proved that they could do it.

After taking a few aspirin for her hangover, Buffy swore Willow and Cordy to secrecy on all the salacious details of her and Spike’s sex life. She was horrified that the alcohol had loosened her tongue that much. They assured her that they wouldn’t say a word to anyone...as long as she kept them informed about any other sexual hijinks she and Spike got up to. Buffy’s stories about Spike’s various techniques had both girls green with envy, but also determined to experience it themselves, with their own boyfriends, of course. There were a few new things that Oz and Xander would be asked to do in the very near future.


Spike and Buffy were driving back to his place after dinner.

Buffy was happy that they actually went to a real restaurant this time, no drive-thrus. But something had been bothering her. The Prom was in less than a week, and Spike still hadn’t said anything about taking her. He knew it was coming up, he still went in to the library to help Giles a few days a week and the announcements for the Prom were all over the place in the halls.

‘Guys can be so clueless...’ she thought with an eyeroll.

She sighed loudly.

Spike looked at her out of the corner of his eye. He knew that that was a ‘something is bothering me, ask me what it is’ sigh.

“What’s on your mind, pet?”

“Oh...nothing...”

Spike sighed. “Come on, Buffy. Something is buggin’ you. What is it?”

“Well...the Prom is in a few days....” Buffy said, looking out the window.

“Yeah...I know. And?”

She turned towards him. “And? You haven’t asked me yet.”

“What? You actually want to go?” Spike asked, surprised.

“Well, DUH!”

“You didn’t say anything before.”

“I didn’t think I had to! You’re my boyfriend, you’re supposed to ask me. I’d look pretty desperate if I had to bring it up.”

“Isn’t that what you just did?”

“Yes, but only because you’re too dense to ask me and it’s getting down to the wire. I don’t have the luxury of time to wait for you to ask. I don’t even have a dress yet!” Buffy panicked.

“Why would you want to go to some silly dance? Those things are so bloody annoying. I’ll tell you what, I’ll take you out for a night on the town the night of the Prom. We’ll have a much better time, I’m sure.”

“No! I want to go to my Senior Prom, Spike! And it’s not silly! Just because you think it‘s dumb doesn‘t mean it is!”

“Buffy,” Spike said, trying to be patient, “I don’t want to go. Alright? Proms are banal and insipid. And I don’t like them.”

“You’re a jerk,” Buffy huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. “I bet you just don’t want to be seen with me.”

“What are you on about? I love you. You know that.”

“What about your fear of people thinking you’re a pervert for dating a high school student?”

Buffy saw by the look on his face that was at least part of the reason he was dissing the Prom.

“Buffy, I’m past all that high school stuff. I’m sorry. I’m just not into it.”

Buffy was getting really pissed. “Bullshit! Take me home!”

“What? You’re blowin’ me off because I don't want to go to some stupid bloody dance?! I thought you were going to spend the night with me?"

"First of all, it's NOT stupid. Second, I ain't blowin' nothin' of yours. Take me home!" Buffy sat back in her seat with a petulant look.

"Fine!" Spike clenched his jaw and drove towards Buffy's house.

A few minutes passed in silence.

Spike hated it when they fought. They got along so well most of the time that it was jarring when they had a disagreement. She was really determined to go to that dance. But he really didn't want to. Couldn't they find some kind of compromise?

"Buffy..." Spike said in a soft, soothing voice, "why wouldn't you be happy with just the two of us going out to dinner and dancing? I'll treat you to anything you like --"

"What part of 'I want to go to the Prom' didn't you understand?" Buffy grumbled.

"Doesn't it matter to you that I don't want to go to the bloody thing? You'd rather I was miserable?"

"I'm not talking to you anymore," Buffy said tightly, looking out the window.

"Oh, bloody hell! That's really mature, Buffy. We're supposed to talk about this, not give each other the silent treatment. I'm 24-years-old! I have NO interest in going to a sodding school dance!"

Buffy's eyes shot daggers at him. "Then maybe I should've found a guy my own age."

Spike looked at her a moment, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

"If that's the way you feel...then maybe you should get one," Spike said, pulling up in front of her house.

"Fine! Good! Maybe I will!"

Buffy threw the car door open and jumped out. She slammed it shut.

"Asshole!" she yelled then ran to her house with tears in her eyes.

"Bloody -- buggering -- fuck!" Spike pounded on the steering wheel. "What the hell is wrong with that bloody woman!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Two days later…

Spike was lying on his couch, feeling miserable.

He'd tried calling Buffy several times since their fight the other night. She'd hung up on him every time. She didn't want to hear anything except an invitation to the Prom. They hadn't been away from each other this long since they'd met again.

The doorbell rang.

'Buffy?!' Spike thought.

He jumped off the couch, ran to the door and threw it open, an expectant smile on his face. His smile disappeared when he saw it was Xander.

"Oh… It's only you," Spike said.

"Well, isn't that a fine 'How ya do'! Can I come in?" Xander asked.

"Yeah, if you want..."

Spike stood aside. Xander shook his head and walked in, going over to the couch and sitting down.

"Okay. What's your problem?" Xander asked.

"You know what my bleedin' problem is. Buffy is pissed and she isn't talking to me."

"Just take her to the damn Prom, man!" Xander said in exasperation.

Spike sat down on the other end of the couch.

"I'll feel like a git, Xander! I'm 24-years-old, I shouldn't be going to shit like that!"

"Well, guess what, pal? You're dating an 18-year-old girl, and 18-year-old girls like to go to their senior proms!"

Spike sighed and put his head in his hands.

"C'mon, man. This kind of stuff isn't important to you, or even me, but it is to her. Cordy's on cloud nine about going. Do you think I want to put on a monkey-suit and prance around the gym?"

"You have to prance?" Spike asked, the beginnings of a smile twitching at his lips.

"The prancing isn't mandatory. I just like it, is all," Xander said with a smile. Then he became more serious. "Spike...Buffy's really upset. Willow and Cordy have been trying to cheer her up, but it's no use. She's totally depressed. About fighting with you and the fact that she won't get to go to her Prom. She's looked forward to this for years. That's the way chicks are."

"I...didn't mean to upset her. I didn't think it was that big of a deal to her. She never even mentioned it before the other day," Spike mumbled.

"Well, she is upset. You want to make your woman happy? You want her to touch you ever again? Then suck it up and take her to the dance. I talked to her yesterday...she was crying," Xander said, he knew that would get to Spike.

And it did. Spike looked down, abashed.

"I hate it when she cries...the way her big green eyes fill up, the way her little chin quivers... Bloody hell..." Spike ran a hand through his hair. "I'll take her then. I never wanted to hurt her."

"There's a good lad!" Xander smacked him on the back. "I knew you'd come around. It just took good ol' Xander to give you a stern talking to. The Prom's tomorrow, man. You'd better get it in gear."

Spike smiled. "I've got an idea, tell me what you think…"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy was feeling lower than low.

Her senior prom was in 4 hours and she was sitting on her couch in her sweats. She hadn't talked to Spike in the last few days except to tell him that she didn't want to talk to him.

Buffy still loved him so much. She knew that she'd cave-in and take him back, but she'd resent that he wouldn't do this one thing for her. She missed him terribly.

“Why does he have to be such a giant poophead! He’s so --“

The phone rang.

Buffy grumbled and got off the couch. She went to the kitchen and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Buffy, it's Spike."

She hung up. The phone started ringing again immediately.

"What?" Buffy said in annoyance.

“Will you listen to me, pet?”

“Don‘t ‘pet’ me, Mister Smooth,” Buffy said.

“Just listen for a minute, okay.”

“One minute,” Buffy said tersely.

“Okay...I’m sorry. I was wrong, you were right. I was a prick. A selfish, inconsiderate, unfeeling... Are you still there?” Spike asked, worried that she might have hung up again.

“I’m here. I’ll stop you when you say something that's not true.”

Spike sighed. “I was wrong not to take into account how much the Prom meant to you. I hope you’ll forgive me.”

“I don’t know... You were mean to me.”

“I know and I’m sorry, luv... I’d like to take you to the dance...if you would go with me.”

“What?! You gigantic asshole!” she yelled.

“I thought that’s what you wanted? Why are you upset?” Spike sounded perplexed.

“Because it’s 4 fucking hours until it starts, that’s why! I don’t have a dress, I don’t have tickets, I don’t have anything! You did this on purpose! You called at the last second thinking you wouldn’t have to take me because it was too late! Of all the --“

The doorbell rang.

“Goddammit!” Buffy yelled. “Someone’s at the door.”

“I’ll hang on.”

“Damn right, you will,” Buffy talked into the cordless phone as she walked to the front door. “I ain’t done with you, buddy!”

She opened the door.

“Not by a long --“ she stopped.

Spike was standing outside with a cell phone.

“Hi.” He smiled.

Buffy was taken aback for a second. Then her eyes narrowed.

“Cute. Good. Now I get to yell at you in person.”

Spike bent down and picked up some bags and boxes he’d set down next to the door before she answered it. He held them out to her.

“These are for you.” Spike smiled.

“Hmph! You think you can make it all better by giving me presents? Think again.” Buffy crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

“It’s a dress, luv. And shoes and some other odds and ends the girls said you’d want for the dance.”

“Girls?” Buffy asked.

Spike moved to the side. She saw Cordy and Willow standing on the lawn. They were carrying large bags and waving to her. She waved back slowly. Her mind was having trouble absorbing the new information.

“They were good enough to help me pick out a dress and things for you. So, that solves your ’I have nothing to wear’ problem. And I bought the tickets already.” Spike grinned. “Will you go with me?”

“I... How do I know I’ll like the dress? What if I don’t like it?” Buffy asked.

“Come on, Buffy!” Cordelia whined. “We have to get ready too! Will you tell him you’ll go already?”

Buffy looked back at him. “Okay...I’ll go. But if I don’t like the dress...”

“You will. I guarantee that you will. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go get ready to take my beautiful girlfriend to the Prom.” He smirked.

Spike turned and walked down the porch steps, heading back to his car.

“Spike, wait!” Buffy cried, running towards him.

She desperately needed to feel his arms around her, his lips on hers.

Spike stopped and turned around as she jumped into his arms.

“Easy, luv! Don’t bruise me. I want to look good for you tonight.” Spike laughed.

“This means a lot to me, Spike.” She looked into his eyes. “Thanks for not being a prick anymore.”

“You're most certainly welcome, pet. I never want to be the reason that you cry, ever again." He ran his fingers through her hair. "I missed you so bloody much. I'd do anything for you... I was just...being a stubborn bastard about the whole thing,” he said hoarsely.

“I missed you too... I hated being mad at you. I love you.” Buffy held his face in her hands, caressing his cheekbones and looking into his bluer-than-blue eyes.

“Love you, too.”

Spike lowered his head and kissed her. They moaned and wrapped their arms tightly around each other. The kiss quickly started becoming more heated.

“Uh, there go the lust bunnies.” Cordy rolled her eyes. "They haven’t slept together for two days, we’d better nip this in the bud, Willow.”

Willow giggled. "Nip it in the bud...sounds kind of dirty!"

"Oh, get your mind out of the gutter. You've been all Beavis and Butthead ever since Buffy told us about the...sexcapades."

Cordy turned back to the blonde lovers. "We don't have time for this! Guys, hello!? We have to get ready! There'll be plenty of opportunities for smoochies later."

Spike and Buffy pulled apart reluctantly.

"Right," Spike said.

He pressed a short, but sweet kiss to her lips then backed away with a smile.

"I'll see you in 4 hours, Buffy."

"Okay...see you then." Buffy gave him a watery smile.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Oh my God! This dress is gorgeous!" Buffy exclaimed, holding up the dress Spike had bought for her to wear.

It was an ankle-length, jade green, off the shoulder, silk evening gown. It reminded Buffy of something out of "Romeo and Juliet". There was a beautiful, intricate beaded trim along the front of the high waist; the skirt was two-layered, splitting in the front.

In other boxes and bags were a matching shawl, high-heeled shoes and handbag, all of them jade green and made of fine silk.

Willow and Cordelia smiled proudly. They had known she would love the clothes when they helped Spike pick them out. The girls were busy getting out of their street clothes in Buffy's bedroom.

"This stuff must have cost him a fortune! How much did he spend on this?" Buffy said, captivated by the beautiful dress.

"You don't want to know." Cordy grinned, getting out her own red dress. "He dropped a ton of money on you, sweetheart. The boy has got it bad."

"Did you see the jewelry yet?" Willow asked excitedly. "It's really beautiful."

Buffy laid the dress carefully on her bed and searched for the bag from the jewelry store.

"Aha!" she said when she found it.

She quickly got the a large, necklace-sized box out and opened it.

"OH! They're so pretty!"

Buffy ran a fingertip over the necklace and earrings in the case. The necklace consisted of a single piece of green jade in a tear-drop shape, suspended from a shimmering gold chain. The matching earrings were also tear-drop shaped.

"How much did he spend on me?" Buffy asked.

"Lots," Willow said. "I don't know how much all together, but a couple thousand at least. And like Cordy said, he really is crazy in love with you. He was nervous that you still wouldn't want to go with him, it was so cute! You are so bloody lucky!"

"You've been hanging around Spike too much, too!" Buffy giggled.

"Well, the British have much more of a colorful way of cursing," Willow said, getting out her makeup bag. "I think it sounds a lot cooler."

"He must have sold a lot of stories and stuff to be able to blow that much on one night!" Willow said.

Buffy blushed and looked back at her jewelry. She wasn't about to tell them how Spike made the money to afford luxuries like this. Luckily, Cordy saved her from the awkward conversation.

"Come on, girls!" Cordy said. "Let's get the show on the road. We've got 4 hours to make ourselves fabulous for our men. We have to look so good that their little eyes pop-out and go 'WOW!'"

The girls kicked into gear and started getting ready for their dates in earnest.