To Hell and Back by Palerider
Summary: Buffy and Spike are sent on a mission to hell. Set somewhere in season 4.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: No Word count: 37805 Read: 54574 Published: 06/30/2004 Updated: 07/15/2005

1. 1 by Palerider

2. 2 by Palerider

3. chapter 3 by Palerider

4. chapter 4 by Palerider

5. chapter 5 by Palerider

6. chapter 6 by Palerider

7. chapter 7 by Palerider

8. Chapter 8 by Palerider

9. Part 9 by Palerider

10. Part 10 by Palerider

11. Part 11 by Palerider

12. Chapter 12 by Palerider

13. Chapter 13 by Palerider

14. Chapter 14 by Palerider

15. Chapter 15 by Palerider

16. Chapter 16 by Palerider

17. Chapter 17 by Palerider

18. Chapter 18 by Palerider

19. Chapter 19 by Palerider

20. Chapter 20 by Palerider

21. Chapter 21 by Palerider

22. Chapter 22 by Palerider

23. Chapter 23 by Palerider

24. Chapter 24 by Palerider

25. Chapter 25 by Palerider

26. Chapter 26 by Palerider

27. Chapter 27 by Palerider

28. Chapter 28 by Palerider

29. Chapter 29 by Palerider

30. Chapter 30 by Palerider

31. Chapter 31 by Palerider

32. Chapter 32 by Palerider

33. Chapter 33 by Palerider

34. Chapter 34 by Palerider

1 by Palerider
Disclaimer: I own nothing.


To Hell and Back.


Chapter 1

“I don’t see why he has to come with me.” Buffy felt like stomping her foot in frustration.

“Okay, which one of your human friends would you like to take into Hell with you?” Giles retorted sarcastically.

“I’ll go with you.” Riley asserted to his girlfriend.

Spike rolled his eyes dramatically while Giles refrained from the urge to do the same.

“No. Giles is right; I don’t want to take anyone with me.” Buffy sighed; there was no way out of it. She and Spike were going on a road trip, to Hell. How fitting thought Buffy.

“Giles are you sure that we can even get the necklace thingy, because if your sending me to Hell with him for no reason I will hurt you.” Buffy whined again, she couldn’t believe she had to do this. Things were just starting to return to normal.

She had been dating Riley for a few weeks, he wasn’t as normal Joe as she thought he was but it was okay. It was nice. And now apocalypse pending, she was on another hunt the thingy to avert it. With Spike of all people.

“What can Spike do that I can’t?” Riley asked suddenly.

Spike let out a huge snort and drawled.

“You want the long or the short list?”

“Riley. Honey, of course you can do everything he can, but I need more of a vampire kind of backup with these demons. I don’t want you to have to go to hell.” Buffy tried to placate him, for some reason Riley got really insecure when it came to vampires.

Spike fixed him with a trademark smirk. He was going to protest that he hadn’t been asked if he would go, but tormenting farm boy was just so much more fun.

Giles took the moment to interrupt.

“Buffy we have been over this. According to my research, the last vampire to own the talisman was killed while he was wearing it. Therefore he should still have it. I have checked with a few sources and it is possible to retrieve the talisman from Hell. All you have to do is find him and take it.” Giles covered it all again.

“Now the spell is set up, we will open a portal for you to pass through as close to the demon as possible and as we agreed, we will give you six hours to retrieve it before opening the portal again and bringing you back.” Giles gestured for Spike and Buffy to take their places in the middle of the elaborate inscription that had been drawn on the floor.

Buffy walked to Riley and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. Spike made gagging noises from behind the couple and stalked over to the inscription, bumping them as he passed. The sight of the slayer merely touching farm boy almost sent him into a rage. Disgusted with himself Spike mentally slapped himself to shake himself out of it. Sure he wanted to shag the feisty little slayer but since when did he care who she kissed?

Buffy ignored the vampire and pulled away from the kiss.

“I’ll be back before you know it and we have our date to look forward to.” She smiled at her boyfriend and noticed the tightness of his smile. She sighed mentally; she hadn’t expected Riley to be quite so much emotional hard work.

“Look, this is my job, I thought you accepted that.” Buffy whispered sharply.

“No, it’s fine. I just wish I could go with you, I don’t trust him.” Riley nodded in the direction of Spike.

“Oh please, what’s he going to do? Apart from annoy me to death.” Buffy dismissed his worries.

She gave him another quick peck before bounding over to the inscription where Spike stood waiting.

“Trouble in paradise?” Spike questioned, smirk in place.

“Nope. Giles. Let’s get this show on the road.” Buffy rolled her eye’s. six hours with Spike? Well Giles hadn’t said that she had to bring him back had he? Buffy smiled cheerfully at the thought of leaving Spike in Hell.

Giles began to chant and the air began to distort.

“See you in six hours.” Buffy called before the distortion took over.
2 by Palerider
**

Chapter 2

Buffy hit the floor on her backside and Spike landed pretty much in her lap.

“Ooff, get off me you stupid vampire!” Buffy shoved at the offending vampire.

Spike cursed as he hit the floor again. Buffy smacked him on the arm.

“Language Spike, we have company.”

Spike followed the direction of Buffy’s eyes. In front of them stood a female demon, she had very pale green skin and a mass of frizzy red hair. She held a clipboard in one hand.

She held up a finger to silence the blond couple as she started to flick through the pages on her clip board.

“Now lets see, hmm, Buffy Anne Summers? Oh honey, you’re in the wrong place entirely. And William Gabriel Stanton, you’re not supposed to be here for another…”

“Arrgghhh. Laa laa laa!” Spike cut the demon of by covering his ears and singing loudly.

“I guess he doesn’t want to know.” Buffy chuckled, the chuckle developed into a laugh as she pulled Spikes hand away from his ears.

“Your middle name is Gabriel?” She asked in between laughs.

“What of it *Buffy*?” Spike prickled slightly.

“No-nothing,” Buffy choked. “I just thing that maybe you and Angel got your monikers mixed up.” She tried to smother the laugh but couldn’t help the snort.

“Ignore her, she’s insane.” Spike addressed the demon that was waiting for them to finish.

“We just here to pick something up. Not to check in.” Spike informed her.

“Oh well that’s a relief.” The demon exhaled. Then her eye’s narrowed suspiciously.
“your not here to rescue some are you, we had that a lot lately and let me tell you, it’s really frowned upon. People are here for a reason you know.” She explained.

“A big no to the rescuing, we just want to get a necklace of a demon.” Buffy, who had now managed to get control of herself explained.

“That’s okay then. I’m Lou.” The demon informed them.

“Lou? Is your real name hard to pronounce for humans?” Buffy asked curiously.

“My name is Louise, but I prefer Lou.” Lou explained dryly.

This time it was Spikes turn to laugh uproariously. Buffy blushed to her roots and hastily apologised.

**

Lou had directed them to a cell after they had given her the details of the demon they were searching for. They stood outside the cell and Lou spoke again.

“I have to wait to make sure your not going to spirit him away.” She explained.

Buffy peered through the small window that graced the door. Yep there was the talisman, still hanging around his neck.

Buffy and Spike let themselves into the cell and attacked the demon. About twenty minutes later they both staggered out of the cell. Buffy had the talisman clutched in one hand.

“Man that was tough. He just won’t die.” Buffy panted.

“Well no, this is Hell, what would be the point of eternal torment if you died as soon as someone attacked you?” Lou reasoned.

Lou led them to her office and offered them both tea, which surprised Buffy but they both accepted. Buffy looked at her watch. It had stopped, stupid thing, she thought tapping at the face of it.

She guessed that about a hour had passed and squashed the urge to slap her forehead at the thought of trying to kill the next five hours with Spike.

“Let me show you to a room where you can rest up.” Lou smiled as she took a key out of her desk.

“We only have one room available so you’ll have to share.” She explained as she made her way round her desk and held the door open.

“Thanks, but it won’t be necessary. We’ll be leaving soon enough.” Buffy declined the offer politely.

“Trust me Buffy, take the room.” Lou smiled enigmatically at the blond couple in front of her.

She led them down a hallway that was decorated in a bright yellow and Buffy shook her head at the strangeness of it.

Lou opened the door and held it open so that Buffy and Spike could enter. Buffy let out a surprised gasp. The room wasn’t really a room, it was more of a self contained studio, in one corner of the room there was a huge bed, in the opposite corned there was a small kitchenette and a door led off one of the walls into which Buffy assumed was the bathroom.

The room was completely white, the walls, the thick carpet and even the bed linen. Buffy thought a grand hotel couldn’t rival its opulence. She chanced a quick glance at Spike and noticed the frown that had settled over his face. Stupid vampire, she thought again. It was bad enough that he was here with her, but he wasn’t going to ruin her few hours of pampering herself before they returned home.

“Make yourselves at home. I’ll be in my office if you need anything.” Lou offered a small wave and closed the door behind her. She quickly teleported herself to the bar upstairs.

Picking up a glass, she banged it down on the bar to catch the patron’s attention.

“I’ve got a vampire and a slayer sharing a room downstairs. 5-1 odds they fuck within two weeks.” She declared loudly. There was much shifting from the patrons as they dug around in they’re pockets. A dark skinned demon was the first to answer.

“Lou darling, I’ll take those odds.” He handed her money and raised an eyebrow when he saw her blush slightly.

Lou shook of her embarrassment of being called darling by her crush and snickered at the situation downstairs.

One room? Please. This was hell.

**

Buffy had had a bath, a nap and and a snoop through everything in the room. Now she was stalking around the room. Spike had said nothing the entire time they were there.

“Spike say something damn it!” Buffy demanded.

“This waiting is driving me nuts, how long do you think has passed?” she demanded in the next breath.

“About 8 hours.” Spike answered, running a hand through his hair. He’d been having uneasy thoughts since they arrived and he’d just about figured out why.

“8 hours?” Buffy exclaimed. “Do you think Giles forgot about us?” she snapped angrily.

“Buffy I’m going to point something out now, but I want you to remember that old saying about not harming the messenger okay?” Spike spoke softly trying to ease the way for an unpleasant conversation.

Buffy just stared at him with an expectant expression.

“You remember when you sent Angelus to hell?” Spike asked and noticed Buffy wince as she remembered.

“So?” she spoke harshly as the guilt that always accompanied that memory surfaced.

“How long was he gone?” Spike nudged her brain gently.

“A couple of weeks, I don’t see…” Buffy answered but Spike cut her off.

“And how long was he actually in hell for?” Spike questioned again.

“He said it was a couple of hundred years….” The colour drained from Buffy’s face and she flew to the door.

Oh yeah, thought Spike, the penny has dropped

**

Lou’s office door banged open as the slayer skidded into the room. She rushed to Lou’s desk.

“You have to send me back!” Buffy pleaded.

“Sorry, you can only get out the way you come in, or we’d have people coming and going as they pleased.” The demon shrugged in answer.
chapter 3 by Palerider
**

Chapter 3

Buffy stalked back to their room, she flung the door open and flung herself down on the bed.

“We’re stuck here. We’re stuck in Hell. I am stuck in Hell with an annoying vampire.” Buffy was muttering to herself.

“What did Lou say?” Spike asked, he could hear Buffy clearly but he felt the need to talk.

“We’re stuck here. Until the time passes with Giles, apparently we can only get out the way we came in. stupid Hell… stupid Giles.” And she had gone back to muttering. Spike shook his head

“Right then.” Spike shook his duster off his shoulders and laid it across a chair that decorated one of the corners of the room.

“Right then?” Buffy screeched. “Right then? Is that all you’ve got to say. God you probably planned this didn’t you!” Buffy spat.

“Yep, because I’m God and I can control all things.” Spike snapped back sarcastically.

“Your just loving this, aren’t you?” Buffy hissed at the nonchalant vampire.

“Oh yeah. I’m loving it. I’m stuck in a hell dimension with the slayer, who also happens to be a whiney little brat. My life is fulfilled, I can die happy now.” Spike hissed back.

Buffy stalked towards him, her fists clenched at her side.

“What? You can’t win an argument the old fashioned way so you just smack your opponent? Tell me, how does that go down in college?” Spike questioned sarcastically.

Buffy let her fist fly and punched him in the nose, as Spike reeled back holding his nose she laced her voice with sugar.

“No, spike. I just save all the smacking for you.” She tossed her hair over her shoulder and flounced back to the bed.

Spike cradled his nose and was torn. Half of him wanted to snap the little cows neck and the other half, the have that just watched her flick her hair away from her delicious neck, wanted to strip her and fuck her against the nearest hard surface. Spike shook his head, disgusted with himself.

“And I’m stuck here with the stupid chit for who knows how long.” Now it was Spikes turn to mutter. Well he’d be damned if he was just going to sit here and wallow in it. Well damned more.

He stood up and unbuttoned his shirt and lifted it off over his head, sitting down on the chair, he toed his boots off.

“What do you think your doing?” Buffy demanded as she noticed the blond vampire who seemed to be getting undressed.

“I’m going to have a shower.” Spike stated before walking into the bathroom and slamming the door behind him.

He turned the water on and turned the water up as hot as it would go, he didn’t know if you could use up all the hot water in hell, but it was worth a try. Anything to annoy the slayer.

**

Buffy sat on the bed, god she was bored, and Spike had been in the shower for ages. She was staring at the bathroom door when she heard the handle turn. She quickly looked away as the door opened. She took a quick glance back; Spike was only wearing his jeans. His chest had little rivulets of water dripping down them. Buffy had a quick mental flash of chasing the little droplets with her tongue. Her previous experience at sex had awakened her body and sometimes she was at a loss to what her body wanted.

Mentally slapping herself, she pulled her eyes away from his chest. Only to find her gaze drawn to his hair, it was tussled; she caught herself before the urge to run her hand through it almost over powered her.

“Stupid vampire, stupid hell. That’s it; it must be the air or something.” Buffy rationalised.

Spike had dressed while she was berating herself and now he was slipping his duster on.

“Where are you going?” Buffy asked suddenly.

“I am going out to get pissed.” Spike answered amiably.

“To get what?” Buffy questioned.

“Pissed, drunk, three sheets to the wind. To get…” Spike gave a dramatic pause. “Absolutely rat arsed.”

“Where are you going to do that?” Buffy asked.

“Well there are a lot of demons who work here, chances are there’s a bar round here somewhere, I’m gonna drop in on Lou and ask.” Spike explained.

“Oh.” Buffy answered. She didn’t really want to stay here by herself.

“What about me?” Buffy asked quietly.

Spike shook his head in disgust.

“Get your coat, slayer. You’ve pulled.” Spike answered with a smirk.

“I’ve what?” Buffy asked curiously as she followed him out of the door.
chapter 4 by Palerider
A/N's: Sorry for the delay, I've had no internet access for a week.


Chapter 4

Buffy had trailed along behind Spike all the way to Lou’s office. Spike opened the office door with a flourish and motioned Buffy inside.

“Hey Lou, we’re on a mission. A mission from God, we want to get drunk. Where can we do that?” Spike beamed at the demon behind the desk.

“Well there’s the employee’s bar, but if anyone asks, just say you’ve just started work with me okay? Just take the elevator at the end of the hall, 6th floor.” Lou filled them in cheerfully.

Right then, off we go. Tell me Lou, can we expect the pleasure of your company this evening?” Spike asked charmingly.

Buffy suppressed a stab of jealousy, Spike never talked to her like that; well not unless it was laced with sarcasm.

Lou saw the flinch in Buffy’s eyes and cheered up immensely. Anything to help the bet along.

“Sure Spike. I’ll be up as soon as I’ve finished my paperwork.” Lou beamed at him.

Buffy rolled her eyes and cleared her throat.

“Are we going or what?” Buffy asked sullenly.

Spike blinked in surprise. Was Buffy actually asking to go to a bar with him? Wonders will never cease, he thought.

“Sure Slayer, come on then.” Spike answered and headed out the door.

The elevator ride went without incident or conversation. The elevator opened directly into the bar. They reached the bar and Buffy sat down on a stool.

“So, what’ll you have Slayer? Coke? Milk?” Spike asked smirking.

“I’ll have what you’re having.” Buffy snapped. A big part of her knew that this was a bad idea, but hey, thought the other part, what’s the worst that can happen? Cave Buffy 2, the sequel, there was no Parker to maim, no college boys to maul. And she really hated the way that Spike smirked at her.

Spike caught the Bartenders attention and asked for a bottle of Jack Daniels and two glasses. He lifted the bottle and poured out two shots, he left one glass in front of Buffy and gave her a salute with his own.

“Bottoms up.” Spike cheered and downed the contents of the glass.

“Excuse me?” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“It’s an English thing.” Spike elaborated.

Buffy stared at the shot glass for a moment, and then realised that Spike was staring at her.

“What?” she demanded.

“It’s customary to drink your drink when trying to get drunk, I knew it, hang on I’ll get you a soda.” Spike shook his head mockingly.

Buffy grabbed the shot glass and drained it in one. She spluttered as the fiery liquid slid down her throat and wheezed as it made her stomach burn.

Spike laughed and poured her another shot.

“That’s my girl, a few more of these and you’ll be feeling no pain.” Spike chuckled again as Buffy stuck her tongue out in a blech gesture.

“Good, if I’m stuck here with you I may well need that whole damn bottle. And before we go any further let me make it clear, after a few more of these you will not be feeling anything. Got it?” Buffy glared at the vampire.

“Don’t flatter yourself Slayer, I might get drunk, I won’t get desperate.” Spike lied, so he fancied Buffy, there was no need to let her know.

Buffy mentally winced, did he have to be so brutal, again the 'was she repulsive' thoughts drifted through her mind. No, she had Riley now, her normal Joe. Oops, she had forgotten about him.

Buffy grabbed another shot and downed it. There was less spluttering and wheezing this time.

Spike watched her as her thoughts roamed through her mind and expressions rolled over her face. He wished he hadn’t said the desperate comment now, but there wasn’t much he could do.

“Listen Slayer, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…” Buffy cut him off.

“Spike, I don’t want to bond, I don’t want to share. I want to get drunk, forget how sucky my life is and hopefully wake up in my own bed and this nightmare will be over.” Buffy glared at the vampire again.

“Right.” Spike glared right back, bitch, he thought. Drunk she wanted? Drunk she would get.

He poured to more shots and lifted his own glass in a silent salute before draining it.

Buffy took her glass and drained it; she was definitely getting the hang of this drinking thing now. It was actually quite nice, she had a rosy feeling in her stomach and the room was only spinning a little.

**

When Lou entered the bar about an hour later she glanced at the bar. Buffy had her head on her arms, lying across the bar and Spike had his elbow on the bar and his head propped up in his hand, they seemed to be deep in conversation. She walked over to them.

“I know! I was like, why can’t you just deal with it? It’s what I do.” Buffy was exclaiming passionately.

Spike was nodding his agreement when he noticed Lou. He gave her a lopsided smile. She noticed the two empty bottles of Jack Daniels on there bar and shook her head.

“How much did you two have to drink?” she laughed.

“Spike drank most of it.” Buffy hiccupped in the middle of her explanation and blushed slightly.

A dark skinned demon came over to them.

“Hey Lou, who’s your friends?” he asked cheerfully.

Lou blushed to her roots, but it was hard to notice as her skin just turned a shade greener.

Buffy stared at the new demon, he had human features from what she could see, but his skin was so dark it was almost black and he had jet black hair. He was kind of cute for a demon she decided.

“This is Spike and Buffy, there stuck here for a while so there staying down on my floor.” Lou answered while looking everywhere but the demon.

Buffy and Spike gave him a wave and he smiled back.

“Guy’s this is Dave, he works with my dad.” Lou introduced.

Buffy burst out laughing.

“Dave! Dave?” she spluttered.

“Excuse her, she can’t hold her liquor” Spike covered.

“It’s ok, I get it a lot. My mom was human.” The demon explained. Buffy giggled again and laid her head down on the counter.

“Well, I better get going, early start. Lou I’ll see you tomorrow night maybe?” Dave added the last softly and Lou nodded her response. He seemed happy and left the three to it.

“Spike, I think maybe you should take Buffy to lie down.” Lou was saying quietly when Buffy raised her head.

“Oh! Ohhhh! You like him!” she accused suddenly, pointing a finger at Lou.

“Shhh!” Lou scolded her, “let’s not let the whole bar know.” She hissed.

Spike just shook his head, before wobbling to his feet.

“Come on Slayer, time for bed.” He announced and pulled her off her stool.

“I have a name you know.” Buffy snapped as he guided her to the elevator.

Lou watched them stagger into the elevator and shook her head, maybe two weeks was to long, those two were going to be at it within days she thought. Immediately her thoughts drifted to Dave.

The elevator doors pinged open and Spike headed out but noticed that Buffy wasn’t behind him, he turned and saw her slumped on the floor. He sighed and walked back.

“Up you get, you can’t sleep here.” Spike tried to lift her but she swatted his hands away.

“I can do it.” After a few attempts, Buffy gave a little scream of frustration and shrugged before slumping against the wall once more.

Spike gave a shrug of his own before grabbing the inebriated Slayer by the ankle and dragged her out of the lift and down the hall towards their room.

As she bumped along the floor Buffy let out a giggle, then a snort.

“What do you mean I can’t hold my liquor? I know exactly how to hold my liquor, by the ears!” She let out another snort of laughter at her own joke.

Spike suppressed a groan as he felt himself harden, the slayer was cracking cheesy jokes and she still managed to get him hard.

They reached their room door and spike opened it, he hauled the Slayer up into his arms and carried her over the threshold. He carried her to the bed and dumped her on it.

When she didn’t make a sound he looked more closely at her.

She had passed out.

Shrugging to himself he stripped off his boots and clothes. He shoved Buffy over to one side of the bed. Then he was hit by a sliver of guilt. Shaking his head, he staggered his way round to her side and slipper her shoes off. He followed them by pulling her shirt off over her head and slid her trousers down her legs.

When she was lying in her underwear, he took a moment to admire her body. There was no getting away from it he thought, she was gorgeous. As much as he wanted her, he didn’t want her while she was unconscious, well not as much he amended. He lifted her up and slid her beneath the covers. He walked back to his side and slid in next to her, he draped and arm over her waist and drifted of to sleep himself.
chapter 5 by Palerider
Chapter 5

Buffy awoke in a very comfortable position, she was wrapped around a hard body and it was sending shots of desire straight to her core. She wriggled closer to the body and draped a leg across his waist. She felt something very hard and very big poking her in the leg. In fact it was huge.

Huge? That didn’t seem familiar.

“Riley?” she questioned softly in a sleepy voice.

She was answered as the body shoved her away and jumped out of the bed.

“Do I look like fucking Farm boy?” Spike demanded, he should have known that she was thinking of that prat when she wriggled her tight little body next to his.

Buffy stared at Spike, who was standing next to the bed in all his naked glory, he was proud and erect and he looked like he’d been sired by Thunder the Wonder Horse. Buffy couldn’t tear her eyes away from it.

Spike blinked in surprise as the pungent aroma of desire filled his nostrils. It made his cock twitch in anticipation.

This was what was needed to shake Buffy out of her gaze. Defence! Defence! Her mind screamed at her.

Tearing her eyes away from the naked vampire she looked down at the bed and finally noticed she was only wearing her underwear, refusing to be embarrassed about it, she threw the covers off and stalked around to Spikes side.

“I swear to God, if you have touched me anywhere I will stake you! This is so like you, God is that why you asked me to get drunk with you? So you could cop a feel?” Buffy screamed at him.

“Asked you? You invited your self along! And you obviously don’t remember, but there was no touching on my part. You were the one who was draped over me like bloody Clingfilm this morning!” Spike shouted back. His erection was getter harder, if that was possible. He was impressed that Buffy hadn’t grabbed the covers and hid. But on the other hand, the slayer in her underwear shouting blue murder at him had made more of an impression on his libido.

“I thought you were someone else!” Buffy shouted in defence, even though it wasn’t strictly true.

Spike just growled loudly at her before throwing his hands up in disgust and stalking into the bathroom and slamming the door shut.

Buffy stared at the closed door, pictures of his erection kept flashing through her mind as if etched there. She couldn’t believe that he had had a hard on throughout the entire row, or the way that he had admired her body as she had shouted at her.

Buffy slumped to sit on the bed cradling her head in her hands. She had only been here a day with him and her body seemed to have taken on a will of its own. She had never found Spike attractive before, well not much. But then you had only had sex once before so you could only pretend to imagine what he could do to you. Now, her mind explained, you know what he could do to you.

Not that having sex twice had taught her a whole new world but it had opened doors which were closed before.

It’s because of his cock, she reasoned. Now you’ve seen it, you want it. Buffy scrunched up her face. Actually she had serious doubts that he would even fit inside her.

Buffy slapped herself on the forehead, disgusted at the turn of her thoughts. She threw on Spikes discarded t-shirt without a second thought and pulled on her jeans. She left their room and headed down to Lou’s office, hoping she would be up. For some reason Buffy’s watch had stopped, the time difference she expected.

Buffy knocked lightly on the door before opening it. Lou was sat at her desk and she was shuffling through some papers.

“Hi Lou, tell me now, do I owe anyone an apology for last night? I don’t usually drink.” Buffy said sheepishly.

“No, Buffy. You were very happy in fact.” Lou smiled as she took in Spikes t-shirt and smiled an even bigger smile to herself. Not long now she thought.

“Lou? Can I borrow some clothes or something, I can’t wear the same things if were going to be here for long.” Buffy really hoped that they could sort something out, she had seen what some of the other demons in the bar were wearing and there was just no way in hell. The irony of that sentence dawned on Buffy and made her grimace.

“Did I not explain about your wardrobe?” Lou questioned.

“No, I didn’t even know we had a wardrobe.” Buffy supplied.

“Oh. In that case, come on I’ll show you.” Lou stood up and followed Buffy down the hall to her room.

As they entered the room Lou looked around.

“Where’s Spike?” Lou asked.

“Oh. In the bathroom. God knows why he spends so long in there, probably trying to annoy me; it’s what Spike lives for.” Buffy answered dryly.

Lou crossed the room and stood in front of a panel on the wall and touched a small square that stuck out slightly. Buffy hadn’t even noticed it before then. The panel swished open and revealed another small room inside. Buffy poked her head in; it was a walk in closet. Now if only it was filled Buffy sighed dreamily.

“Now this door here is how you get your clothes, just think of what you want, the size and colour an all and when you open it, it will be in there.” Lou explained showing Buffy a small door inside the closet.

“Are you serious?” Buffy demanded.

“Yeah.” Lou said slowly, confused at the slayers reaction.

Buffy let a very loud squeal of delight and hugged Lou tightly.

The bathroom door burst open and Spike rushed out.

“I heard a scream!” He explained quickly at the two puzzled looks. He noticed Buffy clad in his t-shirt and tried to stifle a moan, feeling himself grow hard again, he turned and stalked back to the bathroom.

Immediately Buffy was hit by images of him in his naked glory and stifled her own moan.

“I bet annoying you isn’t the only thing he’s doing in that bathroom.” Lou muttered.

**
A/N's: My favourite line from Janet Evanovich is in there, can you guess which one??
chapter 6 by Palerider
**

Chapter 6

Spike came out of the bathroom and discovered clothes and shoes draped everywhere. Buffy was still in the closet. He noticed a new pair of black jeans, a black t-shirt and a blue button down shirt draped over one of the chairs. Shrugging to himself, he pulled them on and headed out the door.

He knew Hell would be bad but he didn’t think it would be this bad. Trapped in a room, sharing a bed with the bloody slayer was driving him insane. Especially when all he could think about when he saw her was fucking her senseless. Tutting to himself he reached Lou’s office and knocked.

“Hello Darling, you look gorgeous.” Spike greeted the pale green skinned demon.

“What can I do for you Spike.” She knew she was leaving herself wide open for the flirty vampire but Spike never seemed to notice.

“The thing is, if we’re going to be here a while, I need something to do or I’m gonna go insane. Is there something I could help out with, surely you must have the odd job going.” Spike was almost pleading by the end of it.

“Well, I suppose you could help out a bit, although there’s no admin jobs going, you could fill in for a couple of demons on the tormenting front.” Lou supplied helpfully.

Spike grinned at her. No that sounded like just the job to take his frustrations out.

**

Buffy had spent hours in the closet, now her walk in wardrobe was so full it looked like it had a lifetimes worth of clothes in it. But now she was bored and wondering where Spike had got to.

As if by magic the door opened and the blond vampire of her thoughts walked.

She scrabbled out of the closet and beamed at him.

“Good day?” he asked, chuckling at the childish glee that lit her face.

“You could say that, but I’m bored now, and starving, you wanna go get something to eat? They must serve something edible for humans in the bar.” Buffy was quickly pulling on a new pair of boots to go with her new hip hugging, low riding trousers and baby t-shirt.

Spike groaned as he noticed that she wasn’t wearing a bra. Yep a drink would help, he decided. Not knowing how long this perky mood of Buffy’s was going to last.

Buffy eyed him critically.

“You better change your clothes, what on earth have you been up to?” she asked curiously. There were all kinds of fluids and something that resembled some kind of flesh that adorned his new clothes.

“I’ve been helping Lou out.” Spike said absently as he made his way over to the closet.

Buffy felt a mild stab of jealousy and gave herself a mental slap to try and shake it off.

Spike stood in wonder in the closet, one half of the walk in room was filled with clothes for him. Many shades and different colours jeans, pants and shirts with shoes and boots for every occasion.

He stuck his head out.

“You did this for me?” He asked softly, absurdly touched by the gesture.

Buffy reddened and looked away.

“I was bored, and I’ve wanted to undress you for ages.” At Spikes raised eyebrow, her blush deepened as she realised what she had said.

“Dress! I meant dress you for ages; you have appalling taste in clothes.” Buffy rushed in explanation.

Spike chuckled as he ducked back into the closet. Pulling his clothes off, he smiled smugly. The slayer fancied him as well, he had suspicions before, like the wafts of arousal he got from her, but he had always assumed she was mooning over farm boy.
Now he just had to think of a way to get her to let her guard down.

Dressed in a pair of chinos and a white shirt and loafers Spike walked out of the closet only to be greeted by an open mouthed Buffy.

“Come on then.” Spike’s smile was huge as he headed out the door, maybe Hell wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

Buffy gaped after him, boy it had been a bad idea to dress him so well, but who knew her body was going to react like that to clothes? God, she thought, this was going to be a nightmare.

**

Buffy settled herself in at a booth in the bar and Spike went to the bar and ordered for them, Buffy had asked him to in the elevator on the way up, she didn’t want to make a fool of herself if they didn’t serve normal food.

Spike carried over a beer in one hand and a coke in the other. He sat in the opposite seat and slid Buffy her drink. Buffy eyed it suspiciously.

“There’s no alcohol in that is there?” She questioned.

“No, I didn’t think you’d be up for another session so soon.” Spike gave a chuckle.

“Nope, definitely not.” Buffy smiled back. She didn’t know why they had settled into an easy friendship of sorts but she decided that she quite liked it. It must be that she knew that they were stuck here; they couldn’t be at each others throats all the time. Also Spike was actually kind of nice when he wasn’t being an asshole. Plus he was hot. Buffy wanted to bang her head against the table as the last thought slipped in.

Across the booth Spikes thoughts mirrored Buffy’s, he was amazed at the change in her, and she looked relaxed, cheerful, even. Spike decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

They chatted easily through dinner amazing each other as the conversation flowed. Buffy talked about college and what she wanted to do with her life, and she questioned Spike about his travels. They had a few awkward pauses as Dru was brought up but they overcame them.

With dinner finished, and a few drinks later, they headed back to there room and there was another awkward pause as they both considered the bed situation.

“We can share the bed.” Buffy announced, blushing slightly.

“Okay.” Spike kept his agreement short, not wanting to show eagerness in case she changed her mind.

“I mean, we’re both adults. We can share a bed without it being a problem, right?” Buffy reasoned, trying to justify her idea to her protesting mind. Her body was delighted at the prospect and beat her mind into a quiet submission. Besides it wasn’t as if she was going to do anything, but it was nice to lay next to him.

“Right.” Spike agreed readily, but was strangely nervous at the idea.

“Plus, you know I’ll dust you if you try anything.” Buffy joked trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“Yeah.” Spike chuckled back.

Buffy went to the closet and opened it, she pulled out a pair of pyjama’s and through a pair of men’s pyjama bottoms at spike. Christ, thought Spike, she had thought of everything.

“No sleeping naked if we’re bunking together.” Buffy chuckled at his expression.

“Right.” Spike answered, staring at the light cotton bottoms in his hand.

Buffy went into the bathroom and changed quickly, she stood staring at herself in the mirror. Maybe sharing the bed with Spike wasn’t such a good idea, well it’s not like she could kick him out now. She shrugged again, they were only sharing a bed, and she could be the adult that she talked about. Entering the bedroom again she glanced at Spike.

She let out a sigh of relief, she needn’t have worried. Spike was already asleep.

Spike kept his eyes clenched shut as he felt the mattress depress beside him. Keeping his back to her, his mind railed at him. This was fucking ridiculous, it scolded him. He was nearly a hundred and fifty years old and he was acting like a virgin on her wedding night.

Telling his mind to fuck off, he kept his eyes closed and tried to ignore the warmth that was touching him from Buffy’s body.
chapter 7 by Palerider
Chapter 7

Spike awoke again with a warm body draped over him, legs, entwined. Being careful not to move he took a moment to appreciate the situation. The heat from her body was delicious; he smelled her hair, skin and a faint whiff of arousal? As if to answer his question Buffy rubbed herself gently against his leg. Unable to suppress the groan this time he pushed his thigh further between her legs.

Buffy moaned softly and ground herself into his thigh. She slid a hand over his chest and opened her eyes, and then she seemed to wake up. As if struck by lightning she tore herself away from him, nearly falling out of the bed.

“Oh God! I am so sorry, I was dreaming…” Buffy couldn’t really explain that she was dreaming that after dinner last night, spike had taken her back to their room and the proceeded to take her in every conceivable position.

Spike suppressed the whimper at the loss of contact and let out an involuntary growl, she had probably been dreaming about farm boy.

Buffy blushed in shame, he probably thought she was some desperate nympho. She quickly scrabbled out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom. She took a very cold shower and berated herself for being such a ho. When she entered the room again, Spike had already gone.

Shaking her head again Buffy thought that he was probably embarrassed by her actions and didn’t want to have to talk to her. Buffy wanted to kick herself, last night she had enjoyed herself and the new start with Spike, and she had gone and ruined it by not being able to control herself.

Buffy dressed quickly and made her way to Lou’s office. There must be something she could do around here, if there wasn’t she was going to go mad.

Lou offered Buffy the same deal as Spike and flinched slightly as Buffy grinned maniacally at the idea, she showed Buffy to a corridor of cells and showed Buffy which ones contained vampires, she handed Buffy a bunch of keys and wished her happy tormenting.

**

The end of the day had come and Lou, as usual was sitting in here office. Her first visitor was Spike.

“Hey Lou, I really appreciate the job offer and I don’t want to seem ungrateful but I just can’t do it. Their bloody miserable and terrified to see me coming. I’m sorry sweetheart but my hearts just not in it.

“Okay Spike, no problem.” Lou smiled genuinely at the vampire, who would have imagined a vampire being sensitive? Spike just smiled before backing out the door and heading away.

A couple of hours later she received another visitor. It was Buffy who stuck her head around the door this time.

“Hi Lou, I’m gonna sound really ungrateful here, but I don’t think a career in tormenting is for me. I really thought it’d be fun you know? But their all terrified of me and I feel really mean, believe me, I never thought I’d hear myself say that. I’m sorry, but Thanks for the chance.” Buffy handed her set of keys back and closed the door behind here.

Lou sat at her desk with an awed smile on her face. How weird was that? When she had set the odds on those two getting together she figured it would be for sex, now she would lay odds on love. The thought lifted her, maybe there was a chance for her and Dave.

**

Buffy found Spike in their room, he was propped up on the headboard, reading.

“Where’d you find the book?” Buffy asked conversationally, determined not to bring up that morning.

The shelf over there does the same thing as the closet.” Spike answered without looking up.

Buffy wondered over to the shelf and closed her eyes, when she opened them a book was laying on the shelf. She picked it up and walked back over to the bed. She jumped on beside Spike and opened it.

Spike finally looked up.

“Who’s Laurell K Hamilton?” He read the authors name off the book.

“Oh, no one, I found one of her books in the library one day and their good.” Buffy looked back down to the book.

“A vampire executioner in love with a vampire? Hey aren’t they the erotic ones?” Spike suddenly accused, laughing.

“No!” Buffy denied firmly, and then added “I mean, they have got a bit of sex in them…”

Spike cut her off.

“So you’re reading…” Spike was laughing out loud by now.

“What? Their sexy! I don’t mock your reading material, do I?” Buffy snapped.

Spike held up his book. The title read Byron.

“Mock away.” He teased.

“So slayer, you think reading about a slayer and a vampire fucking is sexy?” Spike continued to taunt.

Buffy felt a sliver of desire hit at his crude language, and lashed out.

“Fuck off Spike.” Buffy snapped.

“Ohhhh, bad language now. It’s a bad influence, give me it.” He snatched the book off her and jumped up off the bed and danced away reading out the blurb on the back.

Buffy lost it; he could be such an asshole. She stomped over to him drew back her fist and punched him. Spike, who was still reading, didn’t see it coming. His head flew back and he dropped the book. Immediately he recovered, and punched her back, then remembering, waited for the pain. Nothing happened.

“Your chip?” Buffy questioned.

Spike just smirked.

**

Lou jumped as her office door banged open. Buffy flew into the room followed closely by Spike.

“Spike’s chip doesn’t work!” Buffy rushed the words out.

“Well, no. this is Hell. Why is it a problem…?” Lou explained.

Buffy was shaking her head vigorously.

“No you don’t understand, his chip doesn’t work! Is there somewhere we can fight? We don’t want to wreck our room.” Buffy grinned wildly at her.

Buffy and Spike stumbled back to their room. Buffy was sore all over and it felt wonderful. They had kicked each other all over the workout room that Lou had shown them to. After a couple of days of nothing, it felt fantastic to be doing something again. And she couldn’t have asked for better training than fighting with Spike. They were so well matched.
Chapter 8 by Palerider
Chapter 8

Thirteen days in Hell

Buffy lay in bed, her mind a flurry of thoughts. Spike as usual had got up and gone to shower. Things were going well; she and Spike were getting on okay. Everyday they trained together, every evening they ate together, and every night they slept together.

It was the last one that had Buffy very nearly climbing the walls. Her hormones seemed to have lost all control and demanded constantly that Buffy give them Spike, preferably naked. Buffy couldn’t believe the turn that things had taken. Now, it was her who was lusting after Spike and Spike, surprisingly, had been a complete gentleman. He had never once tried anything, even when most mornings, Buffy would be draped over him. He just softly moved her and went to shower. Not once had he mentioned it, in fact he didn’t even tease her about it. Not even when she started wearing one of his T-shirts to bed.

Buffy wanted to scream in frustration. Stupid vampire, she thought sullenly, shouldn’t he be at least making an effort to get in my pants. Buffy glanced at the bathroom door; Spike was always in the bathroom for at least half an hour. Buffy caught her bottom lip with her teeth and bit at it. The lack of privacy had started to bother her a little, because in a nut shell she never really had any ‘Buffy’ time. Or in a smaller nutshell Buffy wanted to have another go at masturbating. She had done it a few times at home, but now the frustration she was feeling was making her think about it constantly. She was worried about anyone hearing or walking in, but in her given state of nearly permanent arousal she was at the stage where she would take the risk.

Buffy glanced once more at the bathroom door; she could hear the shower running. Well it was now or never, she thought as she reached under the covers and slipped her underwear down her legs.

**

Spike stood under the spray of the shower trying to relax. Things were getting out of control. He spent nearly all of his time with Buffy and a extremely large portion of those times were spent thinking about fucking her. He had decided to let her come to him, he hadn’t made any moves, he knew that she wanted him; he could smell the desire every time she was near. But she hadn’t made any moves of her own; Spike was torn between wanting to fuck her or giving her a good smack to wake her up.

Spike gave a disgusted shake of his head. Well today was a new day, he wasn’t going to spend forever in the shower wanking off while thinking about the slayer. Today was the day he would up the stakes and get her to make a move. Turning off the shower he ran a hand through his wet hair and looked down at his cock.

“Sorry mate, but no more touching, unless it’s someone else doing it.” His cock twitched in answer and Spike chuckled, wrapping a towel around his waist he unlocked the bathroom door and swung it open.

**

Buffy was enjoying herself immensely; she was taking her time, starting first with her nipple, slowly tracing her finger around it before giving it a soft flick. She trailed her other hand down to her nest of curls and traced her outer lips with a finger. The sensations were driving her wild. She dipped a finger to her core and wasn’t surprised to find herself wet, driving her finger inside herself her hips bucked unconsciously, she withdrew her finger and trailed it back up to her clit and gave it a rub. Dragging her other hand away from her nipple she brought it down to her core and buried two fingers inside herself.

So involved in the enjoyment she didn’t hear the bathroom door open, the first she was aware that anything was amiss was a deep growl that emanated from the other side of the room. Her eyes flashed open and were greeted with the sight of Spike standing a few feet away from the bed, wearing only a towel and the vampire visage. His eyes blazed gold and if the tent his towel was sporting had anything to say he was about to pounce.

Spike stood rooted to the spot, he had casually walked out of the bathroom only to be stunned by the sight of Buffy with her fingers buried inside herself and her other hand rubbing her clit. Spike had gone gameface immediately as desire rushed through his body, all thoughts gone Spike took a step towards the bed.

Buffy was stunned. There was no other word for it. Her temporary paralysis broke as she saw Spike take a step towards the bed. A sliver of fear ran through her as she watched Spike eye her hungrily. Withdrawing her fingers she just had enough time to make a dash from the bed as Spike pounced.

One minute Buffy was crossing the room and the next thing she knew, she was pinned against the wall by a very naked and very aroused vampire. Spike held her arms over her head by the wrists; he stared into her eyes as he slipped his leg in between hers. Buffy responded unknowingly and rubbed herself against his thigh. The wetness Spike could feel on his thigh almost drove him out of his mind.

Concentration at its fullest Spike pushed his demon visage away and felt his face slip back to its human countenance. Still staring at the slayer her released one of her wrists and pulled it down towards his face. He took hold of her hand and slipped two of her fingers in to his mouth, the two fingers that she had been fucking herself with.

Buffy watched, unable to tear her eyes away, as Spike sucked on her fingers she nearly buckled, but Spike pinned her with his lower body. Buffy could feel his erection pressed into her stomach. A tiny tendril of fear entered her mind again, she shouldn’t be doing this. She pushed Spike away from her and made another dash.

Again she was tackled faster than she could move, although this time Spike had her pinned to the bed, his body cradled between her legs and the tip of his cock touched her entrance. Spike stared at her.

“It’s just sex, Buffy. It doesn’t have to be anything else.” He whispered.

“Just sex.” Buffy replied. She tried to raise her hips but Spike held her firmly.

“Do you agree to this?” Spike ground out.

“Huh?” Buffy was trying to get more contact, she shimmied and bucked but nothing worked.

“I want to hear you agree to this, there are no spells, no drunkenness. If we do this I want you to know what you’re doing, I won’t have you accusing me after that I tricked you or forced you. Do you understand” The restraint he was managing amazed Spike but he had to be clear about this.

“It’s just sex, right? Ok.” Buffy caught her lip between her teeth and nodded quickly at the vampire above her.

No more invitation need Spike entered her. Even as wet as she was Spike still had to work himself inside of her, pushing further with each thrust. He felt her stretching each time to accommodate him.

Buffy was babbling, she felt Spike filling her with each thrust and she had never felt anything like it before.

“Oh God, Oh God.” Buffy repeated it like a mantra.

When Spike was buried inside her he stilled and dropped his head to her shoulder.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck.” Spike had found his own mantra.

“Spike?” Buffy spoke softly, raising her hips further trying to ease the ache that was building inside of her.

“No, no. Don’t move.” Spike pleaded.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy questioned, anxiety building.

“You’re so fucking tight, if you move I’m going to lose it. Just give me a second.” Spike answered.

“Oh.” Buffy answered with a smile playing at her lips.

“How are you so tight Buffy, you’ve had regular sex….” Spike questioned not really expecting an answer.

“No, I’ve had sex twice.” Buffy answered anyway.

Spike groaned loudly as lust burned through him and all the control he was desperately seeking flew out of the proverbial window.

He withdrew from her core and slammed himself back in, growling loudly he raised his head and brought his lips down onto hers, he pushed his tongue into her mouth and kissed her fiercely.

Buffy didn’t know what had happened but she was delighted with the outcome, returning the passion in the kiss and she met every thrust of his, grinding her clit against him every time they met. Spike reached a hand down to the back of her knee and pulled her leg up to rest over his back. Buffy gasped at the sudden change, feeling the deeper penetration and brought her other leg up to wrap around his lower back.

Spike felt her muscles flutter around his cock as he slammed inside of her, angling his cock to hit her sweet spot each time he felt her drift over the edge.

Buffy legs tensed around his back pulling his closer as the orgasm hit, she bucked against him wildly, screaming his name as she came.

Hearing his name drove Spike over the edge and with a roar he came inside of her bucking frantically himself.

They came down together and slumped. Spike rolled off the slayer and lay on his back panting.

“Wow. It was never like that before.” Buffy panted.

“Me either.” The words were out before Spike could think.

“Really? Wow. What happened back there?” Buffy asked curiously.

Spike closed his eyes and answered.

“I’m sorry about that, the fact that your practically untouched made me lose a bit.”

Buffy rolled her head to the side and grinned at him. He felt her gaze and turned to look at her, see her smile he leaned over and kissed her gently, before slumping back to the bed.

Buffy’s smile grew bigger as thoughts wondered through her mind.

I just had Sex. I just had sex with Spike. I just had really fantastic sex with Spike. Her body flushed with remembered pleasure. And just because it couldn’t help itself Buffy’s mind spoke up.

You just had sex with Spike and you have a boyfriend. Riley, remember him.

A horrified look covered Buffy’s face as she thought of Riley. She had just cheated on him; Buffy had never cheated on anyone in her life. After her dad had cheated on her mom Buffy had vowed that she would never put someone through that kind of pain.

As it sunk in a tear fell from Buffy’s eye, disgusted with herself she mumbled an apology and pushed herself up off the bed and walked stiffly to the bathroom.

Spike closed his eyes in defeat. He had seen the look of disgust on Buffy’s face. He knew in his heart that it would happen. Quickly dressing he let himself out of the room.

**

Lou sat behind her desk grinning from ear to ear. They had finally got it on, and not a moment to soon, thirteen days! She had nearly lost the bet. Teleporting her way up to the bar she walked around still beaming, collecting her winnings. As she reached a big frynok demon he grumbled.

“A vampire and a Slayer, it’s unnatural.” But Lou just smiled harder and held her hand out, he grudgingly handed over the money, unfortunately he had placed a large amount of money on the duo not getting it together.

**

Buffy had composed herself; she entered the room again only to find it empty.

“Oh, he’s gone.” Buffy walked to the bed and looked at the crumpled mess of the bedspread. Slumping to sit on the edge.

“What are you complaining about Summers, it was just sex. You said it yourself.” She berated herself, but she couldn’t get rid of the feeling that she had bitten off more than she could chew.
Part 9 by Palerider
Chapter 9

One month in Hell

Buffy woke alone again, the same as every morning for the last two weeks. She heaved a sigh; the last two weeks had been Hell, well even more so. She was asleep by the time Spike came to their room, or at least she assumed he came back because some mornings he was gone when she woke.

She was deeply hurt by the vampire’s rejection; she just couldn’t understand what had happened. She had gone to the bathroom after the fantastic sex and when she come out Spike had gone, when she did see him he spoke in one word answers and curtly. When she entered the training room he grabbed his towel and left. It made her want to scream.

It was Angel all over again, well except that Spike hadn’t tried to kill her yet.
Stupid vampire, she thought for the millionth time. Well no more moping, she asserted to herself. Today she was going to ignore him and get on with things. She had been spending a lot of time with Lou and an idea had been building, today was the day when she would execute her ‘get Dave and Lou together’ plan.

Getting out of bed and throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt she left her room and went to see Lou.

“Hi Lou, you busy?” Buffy smiled as Lou gestured for her to come in.

“Not that busy now that you’ve been helping me out. You want to do the filing again?” Lou asked, standing up to grab a pile of folders.

“No, no, not today. Today we are going to sort out your love life, since my success with men bites the big one; I can live vicariously through you.” Buffy beamed maniacally at the demon.

Lou visibly swallowed.

“What do you mean?” she asked carefully.

“I mean that we are going out tonight and we are going to give Dave a wake up call.” Buffy explained patiently.

“Oh. Oh! No I can’t do that.” Lou was shaking her head vigorously.

“You like him don’t you? And he likes you. So you just need a little push and maybe some leather.” Buffy rested a finger on her chin as she thought.

“Leather? Wait! Dave likes me?” Lou sounded utterly confused.

Buffy let out a dramatic sigh.

“What is it with you people? You like him, he likes you, just get it together will you!” Buffy wanted to scream in frustration.

“Are you still talking about me and Dave?” Lou questioned softly.

“Of course I am. Now come on, finish what you’re doing so we can go and get started.” Buffy spoke impatiently.

Lou just shrugged and stacked her folders into a pile and gestured for Buffy to lead the way.

**

Lou sat in a chair in Buffy and Spikes room, only slightly afraid. They had spent a good few hours pampering themselves with bathes, face packs and mindless chatter. She had washed her hair and was waiting for Buffy to begin. Buffy had been going to the closet and back again with handfuls of clothes, hair and facial products. Every time Lou made a move Buffy barked at her to sit still.

So here she sat obediently, Buffy was kinda scary, she had decided.

Buffy took her position, standing behind Lou’s chair. She squirted liberal amounts of a hair product into her hands and ran them through Lou’s wet hair. She disappeared into the closet again and returned with what Lou could only describe as a torture implement.

“What the Hell is that?” Lou demanded.

“It’s a hairdryer.” Buffy stated.

“No, I’ve seen hairdryers, that isn’t a hairdryer.” Lou had stood up and was slowly backing away.

“Lou, it’s a diffuser, how can you be like this with makeovers? You’re a girl aren’t you?” Buffy questioned.

“Buffy I maybe a girl, but I’m a demon girl and I’ve lived in Hell my whole life. Makeover normally refers to getting the flesh out of your hair.” Lou said dryly.

“Lou, trust me. I’m not doing a ritual sacrifice; I’m just going to do your hair, ok?” Buffy asserted confidently.

“Okay.” Lou gave her own dramatic sigh and flopped back into the chair.

Buffy turned the hair dryer on and began to style Lou’s think red hair. When it was finished Buffy brought over a huge make up chest and had a look through it.

“We’re going for minimal here okay, because to be honest I’m not sure how to do make up on green skin, so just a touch of mascara and maybe a little lipstick.” Buffy commented while she went to work.

“So what’s going on with you and Spike?” Lou asked suddenly and then winced as the mascara brush was dragged across her face. Buffy quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped away the mess.

“I don’t know.” Buffy answered tightly. “One minute we were having….er, doing stuff and the next he was gone. Stupid vampire, I was stupid to get involved with him in the first place.” Buffy ground her teeth so tightly that it made Lou wince.

With a flourish Buffy waved the mascara brush.

“You’re make up’s done, no we just have to get your clothes on.” Buffy was smiling genuinely now. She walked to the closet again and came back with black leather pants and a black leather bodice. She held them out for Lou to put them on.

Lou looked at the clothing dubiously but took the proffered garments and slipped them on. Buffy had to help with the bodice, but when they were finished Buffy was grinning.

“You look fantastic!” Buffy exclaimed gleefully. She led Lou to the full length mirror in the closet. “Dave’s gonna totally lose it.” She smirked.

Lou stared at her reflection.

“Oh my God Buffy! Never mind Dave, my dad will lose it, I can’t go out in this!” Lou wailed.

Buffy blew a puff of air out and dismissed the comment with a wave.

“Lou, you’re a grown woman. And you can wear what you want. Now forget about your dad, tell me what do you think?” Buffy intoned.

Lou stared at herself in the mirror. Her hand came up to touch her hair. Normally it was a frizzy red mop but Buffy had tamed it into beautiful long ringlets, the eye make up made her eyes stand out and the clothing, well, Lou had never thought it possible that she could look like this. Her waist was accentuated and her breasts were lifted and held firm in place by the bodice, and she had a cleavage! A damn impressive one at that!

“I love it.” Lou gushed.

“That settles it then, give me a minute to get ready and then we’ll be going.” Buffy rushed away.

Lou continued to stare at this gorgeous demon in the mirror still not quite believing it was her, and then the penny dropped.

“Going? Going where?” She called but Buffy was a flurry of activity.

tbc...
Part 10 by Palerider
**

Chapter 10

Buffy wasted no time, she slipped into the bathroom and pinned her hair up, then suppressing the urge to laugh at Lou, who was still asking where they were going, she slipped into the closet.

When she re-emerged she was completely in contrast to Lou. She was head to foot in white leather. The outfit entailed a white leather bustier which rode high on her waist and a white mini which rode low on her hips. It was completed with a three quarter length white leather duster.

At Lou’s look Buffy just shrugged.

“I have parents too, I’m in Hell, if I want to dress like a skank I will.”

“I’m not sure what a skank is but you look fantastic.” Lou beamed.

“Let’s move.” Buffy commanded and exited the room leaving Lou to follow.

As they got into the elevator, Lou was fiddling with the bodice and her hair. Buffy swatted her hand away.

“You look gorgeous, Dave is going to fall at your feet, or he’d better if he’s got any sense.” Buffy muttered the last darkly.

Lou just swallowed again not sure of who she felt sorrier for, herself, Dave or Spike.

The elevator doors pinged open at the bar and Buffy grabbed Lou by the hand and dragged her in towards the bar.

Spike was cradling a drink with his head hanging down; much the same as he had been doing for the past two weeks, when he felt Dave, his new drinking partner, slap him in the chest.

“Is that Lou?” Dave demanded in a hushed voice.

Spike looked up and spotted Lou.

“Uh huh.” Spike affirmed but something else had caught his notice. His fiery little blond slayer in white leather, she looked like a naughty Angel he decided. He couldn’t take his eyes of her. He also couldn’t stand up because of the huge hard on he was now sporting.

Buffy knew that most eyes were on them, she ignored everyone, and this was for Lou. Speaking of which, she caught Lou trying to back away towards the elevator.

“If you take another step, I will kick your ass; this is for your own good.” Buffy hissed, turning she motioned the Barman and ordered two tequilas.

“Buffy, people are staring at me. I don’t think this is such a good idea.” Lou whispered furiously, and then she noticed the way that Spike was looking at Buffy and felt immediately better. She giggled.

“Spike looks like he’s going to eat you, Ohhhh he’s gone vampire….” Lou trailed off and Spike stood up.

“He is? He what?” Buffy questioned. Lou tried to gesture but it was too late.

Spike stood, hard on be damned, Buffy was ignoring him. She looked good enough to eat and the attitude was just topping the burning desire up. He could see the other demons staring at her, his control snapped. Stalking over to Buffy he never missed a step, just grabbed her by the arm and hauled along for the ride.

Buffy felt herself being dragged away from Lou, she saw the terrified at being abandoned look and just had a few seconds to shout.

“Dave! Buy Lou a drink; I’ll be back in a minute.” She heard Spike growl and rolled her eyes.

Spike dragged her into the elevator and pushed the button so hard Buffy was amazed it didn’t go through the metal panel. He still hadn’t looked at her.

“Spike, what the Hell do you think your doing?” Buffy demanded an explanation.

When the elevator began to move Spike reached out and grabbed the emergency lever and pulled it, the elevator stopped suddenly in between floors. Spike had to concentrate to force his human countenance forward.

“What….?” Buffy never finished her sentence as Spike spun and smashed his lips against hers, pinning her to the wall with his body. She struggled instinctively but when in only seemed to feed Spikes ardour she found herself giving in to the kiss.

Spike felt the slayer struggle and he pushed harder, grinding his hard on into her body, pushing his tongue further into her mouth, when he felt her relax, his desire nearly drove him insane.

Buffy nearly melted on the spot when she felt spikes hand trail up her skirt and cup her mound, she rubbed herself onto his hand and whimpered as she felt his fingers find his way into her underwear and slip a finger into her core.

It was taking Spike everything he had to control himself, he wanted to hitch up that tiny skirt, tear the underwear away and bury himself in her heat but he kept reminded himself that she wasn’t that experienced and he remember how much he had had to work himself inside of her even when she was soaking wet with desire. So he took his time and tried to ready her as quickly as possible.

Buffy was going to bite him, or hit him or something she decided. Spike seemed intent on assaulting all off her senses, one hand had found it’s way under her top to pinch and tug at her nipple, with the other hand he pumped his other finger in and out of her, used a thumb to rub her clit and his mouth had trailed down to kiss her neck.

Buffy bucked against his hand as she came, her fingers wrapped in his hair. She tried to kiss him but he evaded her mouth and dropped to his knees.

“What…?” Buffy soon got the idea.

Spike hitched up her skirt and tore at her underwear like he had wanted to but instead of fucking her he spread her thighs apart and buried his face between her legs. Buffy who was still trembling from the previous orgasm let out a scream as she felt Spikes tongue slide over her clit.

Spike attacked her clit with his tongue, flicking it and sucking it. He slid two fingers into her and felt her juices coating his hand; he added a third finger and thrust them into her as he licked.

Buffy felt herself stretching and she wanted to melt, but she needed more. Grabbing Spike by the hair she yanked him up to face her.

“Fuck me now” Buffy growled.

She grabbed at his jeans trying to free his erection. Spike answered with a growl of his own. He helped her to free his cock and was assaulted by a horny slayer.

Buffy grabbed his shoulders and hauled herself up, her legs wrapped around his waist. Spikes hands came up to support her as she reached between them and positioned his cock at her entrance. She sank on to his cock, sighing happily as he filled her. When he was buried to the hilt she raised herself up and impaled herself again, this time moaning.

Spike let her set the pace for the first few thrusts while she became accustomed to his size, then took over. He backed her fully against the wall of the elevator. He pulled out of her almost entirely then slammed himself back into her. Buffy hissed as she felt him push further each time.

“Oh Spike, oh God…” Buffy had her head thrown back and was babbling and Spike could feel her muscles tightening around him.

Spike buried his face in her neck. “Shit, Buffy I’m gonna come….” Spike joined the babble.

“That’s it, come with me, Spike!” Buffy yelled his name as she shattered, her body bucking wildly against his. Spike joined her in the frenzy, thrusting wildly as he came.

He slumped forward onto Buffy, his head still resting on her neck. Buffy nudged him to let her down. He released her and she slid to the floor, she adjusted her clothing, picking up her torn underwear, examining it. Spike followed her with adjusted his clothing when he finished he looked up at the slayer and grinned.

Buffy drew back her fist and punched him straight in the face.

“Oww! Fucking Hell Slayer, I’m sorry I ripped your bloody underwear.” Spike snapped as he rubbed his face.

“Underwear? You think you got that slap for the underwear, you asshole! You can’t just do this you know!” Buffy shouted.

“Do what?” Spike was at a loss.

“do what he says…You can’t have sex with me, ignore me for two weeks, then drag my into an elevator and fuck me up against the wall.” Buffy was furious now. Spike thought she had never looked more beautiful. She had the look of a ravished woman, beautifully ravished, the poetic side of him added.

Buffy caught the vampire staring at her and shouted.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“What? Course I am.” Spike nodded vigorously not fancying another slap.

“What is the point of talking to you? I should have expected this, after we had sex the last time and I was feeling bad because I cheated on Riley, I wanted to talk to you but I come out of the bathroom and you’re gone.” Buffy drew breath and carried on her rant.

“Is that going to happen now? Are you going to disappear for another two weeks only to pounce on me because my outfit makes you horny?” Buffy swung her glare to the vampire but his eyes were glazed over again.

Spike wanted to do a little dance, she felt bad about Riley, it explained the disgusted look. Now, should he explain? Better not, he decided. There was no way he was going to tell the slayer just how deeply his feelings ran, not until he had an idea how she felt about him.

“Buffy drew breath again, gearing up for another rant when Spike hugged her suddenly; it knocked out all the extra breath. She melted into his embrace.

“I’m really sorry Slayer; I got something really, really wrong. I won’t disappear again.” Spike whispered softly.

Buffy pulled back and searched his eyes and found sincerity there, she relaxed and pulled away, she straightened her skirt again.

“We’d better go back, poor Lou.” Buffy pushed the emergency lever back in and the elevator began to move.

She suddenly smacked Spike around the head again.

“What was that for?” Spike demanded.

“I have a name, use it. That and I’m not wearing any underwear, I won’t be able to sit down without flashing someone.” Buffy answered primly.

Spike chuckled. As the doors opened into the bar Buffy spotted Lou and Dave at a table. Lou was sitting on Dave’s lap, they were chatting happily, making moon eyes at each other.

“My work here is done.” Buffy quipped.

As they stepped out of the elevator the entire bar turned to look at them before erupting into a thunderous round of applause. Spike took a bow before Buffy dragged him back into the elevator, blushing to her roots.

“My work here is done.” Spike quipped back as the doors closed.
Part 11 by Palerider
**

Chapter 11

Buffy stalked back to their room annoyed at Spike; all the way down there he had kept cracking up with laughter.

“Spike! It’s not funny; they all know what we were doing.” Buffy snapped.

“Buffy, I think you screaming my name out at the top of your lungs might have enlightened them a little.” Spike smirked at her.

“Oh God” Buffy cringed. “I’m a Ho, its official.”

“You’re not a Ho.” Spike patted her on the shoulder.

“I just had sex in an elevator with an entire bar full of demons listening.” Buffy stated, her eyebrow rose, daring him to challenge her.

“Well when you put it like that….” Spike ducked out of the way as Buffy aimed a slap for his head.

They reached their room and Buffy flounced through it, shrugging the duster off and resting it over the back of a chair. She turned to say something to Spike but he was looking at her with a heated gaze.

Buffy decided to take advantage of the situation, because so far Spike had initiated the sex. Now she wanted to experiment, Spike made her feel so sexual. It was a new feeling for her and she wanted to play.

She turned back around and leant over to unzip her boots, well aware of the fact that she wasn’t wearing any underwear. She heard a sharp intake of breath and stifled a smile. She stood up again, still with her back turned, she unzipped the bustier at the back and let it fall from her body into her hands. Next was the skirt, the zip came down and she shimmied out of it.

She was completely naked now and a wave of doubt washed through her. She contemplated sauntering to the bathroom as confidently as she could manage, but then she felt hands on her shoulders.

Spike knew exactly what the little minx was doing and he was enjoying the show, he had crept up behind her, and when she stiffened slightly he guessed she was nervous. How someone that beautiful could be nervous eluded him but he decided to help.

He ran both hands over her shoulders and whispered.

“You are so beautiful.” His voice whispered across her skin and Buffy trembled slightly.

Her confidence back now, she realised that Spike was taking control and she wanted to direct things this time.

She turned to face him.

“Take your clothes off.” Her voice sounded strong and clear, it surprised her.

Spike didn’t say anything, just complied. He shrugged his own duster off and pulled his shirt over his head. Next were his boots and lastly his jeans. He stood in front of Buffy waiting for her.

Buffy took the moment to look at him properly, all traces of nerves gone, now she was just curious. She reached a hand out and slid it over his chest. Feeling the muscles ripple in the wake of her hand. Her hand trailed down his stomach to the thatch of curls, she traced the line of curls before dropping her eyes to her hand. She stared at his hard member before lightly brushing it with her fingers.

Spike was going to crack any minute, the slow curious touches were driving him mad, the fact that they were curious and inexperienced adding to the desire, but he forced himself to stay still, closing his eyes he concentrated. When he opened them again Buffy was gone, he looked down to find her kneeling in front of him. A long suppressed groan erupted as he took in the sight.

Buffy had knelt down so she could see him better. She still touched him lightly, stroking a hand up a down his shaft, her other hand rose to touch his balls, light feathery touches as she stroked him.

“Buffy, luv, I can’t take much more of this.” Spike moaned.

Buffy wrapped her hand around the base of his cock and gently licked the tip. Spike surged forward as if electrified. Buffy smiled at the effect she was having on him, she decided to put him out of his misery so to speak. She took him into her mouth.

“Fuck, fuck…oh fuck…” Spike could only babble as the heat of her mouth engulfed him.

Swirling her tongue around the head of his cock, Buffy tried everything that came into her head. She used the tip of her tongue to lick and trace the head of his cock; she bobbed her mouth up and down his shaft, using her lips to rub as she went. Spike followed all of her movements with tiny suppressed surges. He was panting above her.

“Buffy, I’m gonna come. Luv?” Spike tried to pull away but Buffy just tightened her grip on him, pumping him harder and using her mouth to bob faster. She felt his balls tighten just before he came.

Spike grabbed her hair and bucked into her mouth as he came. Buffy swallowed as the spurt hit the back of her throat, continuing to milk him. Only when he was trembling violently did she let him fall from her mouth.

Spikes knees buckled and he sank to the floor in front of Buffy.

He crushed his lips to hers and kissed her with as much energy he could muster; pulling away he cupped her face as he spoke.

“You are fucking amazing.” Spike spoke softly and it made Buffy smile.

“So my first blowjob was good?” she questioned softly.

“Good? Luv, if we had neighbours, they’d need a cigarette.” Spike answered and brushed his lips against hers.

“Now if you could just bring the bed over here, I’ll be fine.” Spike added.

Buffy chuckled, an enormous rush of power filling her. She had done this to him.

Spike looked at her seriously.

“I will make this up to you, but I think I need to sit down for a while.”

Buffy chuckled again and stood, she helped Spike to his feet.

“I’m kinda tired actually, would you mind if we just went to bed?” Buffy asked, the emotional turmoil of the previous two weeks catching up.

They got into bed and Spike wrapped his arms around her. This was nice, Buffy thought, just laying in each others arms, she felt so comfortable.

Spike was having similar thoughts as they drifted off to sleep.
Chapter 12 by Palerider
A/Ns: I decided to dedicate this Chapter to Kari Mouke, because, God Bless her, she reviews me everywhere I post.

**

Chapter 12

Two months in Hell

Buffy awoke, as usual wrapped around Spike, only now, they were naked and happy. They had settled into a routine of sorts, they spent most of the day training; they ate together and spent the evening hours making love. Occasionally they would go out with Dave and Lou for an evening in the bar but since Dave and Lou had decided to take things slowly, they liked to be on there own. Lou was so happy in fact that Buffy had wondered if Dave had been slipping her lithium.

Buffy didn’t mind, she had never felt as carefree as she did now. Occasionally an antsy-ness crept up on her but she normally dispelled it by attacking Spike, both physically and carnally.

Buffy lay in bed staring at the vampire next to her, his hair had grown slightly showing his roots and making the small start of curls appear.

A loud banging on the door had startled her and woke Spike.

“Buffy, Spike? You up?” Lou’s urgent voice echoed through the door.

Buffy slipped on a t-shirt as Spike slipped into his jeans. She rushed to the door and opened it, Lou spilled into the room panting.

Spike took in the bed hair and the slightly glazed look.

“Someone got shagged last night.” Spike said in a sing-song voice.

“Spike! Lou doesn’t want to hear about our sex life.” Buffy hissed at him.

“I was talking about Lou.” Spike answered shaking his head mockingly.

“Oh.” Buffy blushed. “Ohhhh, you had sex! Was it good?” Buffy squealed.

Lou blushed this time.

“I’ll talk to you later; we have an emergency that we need your help with. One of the demons has escaped and is currently roaming the fifth floor, we’ve sent a few of our own people up but we just can’t seem to contain him. I know you don’t really work here but I was wondering if….” Buffy cut her off.

“Are you kidding? Anyone up for mindless violence?” She fixed Spike with a smile.

“Give me thirty seconds.” Spike made a dash for the closet as Buffy made a dash for her clothes.

Lou stared in disbelief; the two looked like kids on Christmas day.

Thirty seconds later they both appeared in the doorway.

“Lead the way.” Buffy beamed.

As Lou led them to the elevator she briefed them quickly. They couldn’t kill the demon because of the laws of Hell, but they could knock him out or render helpless. The demon was a big brute, but the two of them should be able to take him. She had stopped for a few essentials on the way.

She handed them a length of rope and a taser. Buffy looked at the taser before tossing it to Spike, she kept hold of the rope, she felt a bit lost without a stake but she’d managed without before.

“Well, good luck, give me a shout when you’re done.” Lou waved them cheerfully into the elevator.

As the doors swished closed Buffy beamed at Spike excitedly, Spike grinned back. Finally they reached the fifth floor and before the doors opened they heard a howl.

“Sounds like a big bugger.” Spike commented happily.

“Bigger they are, the harder they fall.” Buffy wanted to rub her hands with glee but the thought of all the creepy bad guys in movies doing it stopped her.

The doors swished open and they took a tentative step into the corridor. Another howl echoed through the hall and they both took off in that direction.

As they rounded the corner they encountered the demon, it reminded Buffy of the Hulk, only purple. It heard them and turned to howl again, this time, at them. Spike wasted no time and threw himself at the huge demon, he landed a flying kick to the demons chest, but it had no effect, in face the only effect it had was to make Spike think he had just kicked a brick wall. Well not quite, because a brick wall would have given way.

Buffy snickered at the sight of Spike collapsing to the floor.

“Way to go Honey!” she called.

“Piss off.” Spike answered from his position on the floor.

He scrambled out of the way as the demon tried to stamp on him. He jogged back over to Buffy. The demon continued to wander down the corridor. Thank god it wasn’t that bright, thought Buffy.

“Any ideas?” Spike asked nonchalantly and Buffy giggled.

“But your plan was working so well.” She grinned at the glaring vampire.

So, pray tell, what’s your plan?” Spike sniped.

Buffy held up the length of rope.

“Wanna play cowboy?” Buffy grinned again.

**

They had herded the demon into an open space and let him take off at a shambling trot. Buffy looked at the shiny floors and sent a quick thanks to the poor cleaner who had polished them to within an inch of their lives.

When the demon was at a suitable distance Buffy tossed Spike one end of the rope. Holding it between them, they set off at a sprint. A couple of feet away from the demon they dropped to the floor just as the demon turned to swing his huge fists around. Buffy and Spike hit the floor and slid either side of the demon with the rope taut between them. As expected it caught at the demons feet and they began to circle around the back of him. When they met Buffy rolled over Spikes body and the continued to glide in a circle.

Quickly they both scrambled away from the demon before he could land a hand on either one of them. When they were at a safe distance, Spike looked at Buffy and nodded, they grabbed their ends of the rope and pulled. The demon toppled backwards. Buffy and Spike smiled at each other and began to haul him along by the rope trapped around his ankles.

“Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work we go.” Buffy sang loudly, Spike just chuckled.

**

Lou waited anxiously at the elevator; she had heard really loud bangs. Another loud bag crashed from the stairwell on the other side of the elevator. A voice echoed through also. Lou spun to the noise only to find Spike dragging the demon out of the stairwell, with Buffy astride the demons back waving an imaginary lasso singing Yee ha.

Lou took in the scene before slapping a palm to her forehead.

**

So we decided to take him down the stairs, we couldn’t exactly get in the elevator with a pissed of demon. Luckily all the steps knocked him out, poor bugger, hence Buffy’s impromptu version of Bonanza.”

Spike explained to Lou, they were now sitting in her office.

“You weren’t calling him a poor bugger when you were lying at his feet, and what is a bugger anyway.” Buffy asked

“Trust me luv, you don’t want to know.” Spike gave her his best smirk and Buffy decided to trust him on this one.

Lou’s phone rang and she waved a hand at them to be quiet. There was a lot of yes’s and okay’s before she put the phone down and looked at the blond duo in front of her.

“Err guys? My dad wants to see you.” Lou looked a bit pale and Buffy thought that this couldn’t be good.
Chapter 13 by Palerider
**

Chapter 13

Buffy and Spike were quiet as Lou led them up to the top floor where her dads office was located.

“Lou, is there anything you want to tell us?” Buffy didn’t want to sound like she didn’t trust her but she was a bit nervous.

“I don’t know why he wants to see you.” Lou answered quietly.

They reached the door and Lou knocked meekly.

“Enter.” A clear voice boomed from behind the door.

Lou opened the door and motioned them through. She quickly closed the door behind them. Buffy had visions of her listening at the keyhole.

Buffy took a moment to look around, the office was meticulous. Then she looked at Lou’s dad. He was on the phone, talking in a harsh demonic language Buffy guessed. He had the same pale green skin as Lou, his hair was a darker shade of green, and for a demon he was hot. Buffy marvelled. Wasn’t there a law or something that said you were lost when you started finding your friends dads attractive? It immediately made her think of her own dad, how confident he was in his office and what a shit he was.

Spike growled slightly and Buffy knew he had seen her ogling the demon. She rolled her eyes before plopping herself down in one of the chairs. Spike glanced at her, shocked. She shrugged in return. She had spent her childhood being nervous around her father, she’d be damned if she would cower before this jumped up businessman. Whatever he was going to do, he was going to do it reguardless of what they did.

Spike took the seat next to her and she threw him a smile.

Lou’s dad put the phone down and looked up.

“Are you, like, Satan?” Buffy asked conversationally.

Lou’s dad chuckled.

“No, more like middle management. Call me Shiv.” He smiled at them.

Buffy kept her mouth shut, she had learnt by now that demons and their names were a mystery.

“I guess you must be wondering why I called you here.” Shiv started. Buffy and Spike just waited for him to continue.

“To put it bluntly I owe you. You have done me two incredible favours. One was capturing the demon that got lose but the most important one is that you finally got Lou and Dave together, not that I’m condoning the use of leather Miss Summers, but you have done it in two months where as I have been trying for years.” He finished, beaming at them

"Leather always works." Buffy spoke without thinking and then let out a nervous laugh, no maiming or torture so far, that had to be a bonus right?

Spike let out a chuckle.

“That’s all you wanted to see us about? Coz Buffy got Lou and Dave together?” Spike asked incredulously.

“My little girl is very important to me Mr. Stanton; she has been in love for a great many years. You have made her happy; in fact I’d say we will have a Union very soon. This in turn makes me very happy.” Shiv explained seriously

Buffy felt a twinge of guilt for lumping him in the same category as her own father.

“So in return I want to do something for you.” He pulled a slip of paper of his notepad and scribbled something on it.

“Take this down to Bubba on the first floor and he will see to you.” Shiv handed the paper over to Spike. “And if there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.” It sounded like a dismissal so Buffy took it as that. She stood and said goodbye and exited with Spike.

Outside the door Buffy turned to Spike and spoke.

“So what do you think? Trap? Or can he really be that nice?” Buffy felt bad for suggesting it but she wanted to know what Spike thought.

“I have to say that Lou had me worried for a while, but he seems alright, as for going to see Bubba, I guess we’ll have to find out.” He unfolded the note and squinted at the words.

“It’s some demonic language.” He shrugged and stuffed it into his back pocket. They carried on walking.

“What is it with demons and names?” Buffy finally burst out causing Spike to laugh, God knows how long she had been suppressing it?

“Dave, Lou, Steve? And now Bubba? Whatever happened to fear causing names? You know like Vlad the Impaler? When did Steve the accountant on the third floor cause someone to quake with fear? Don’t get me wrong, first impressions, he’s scary and then he introduces himself as Steve the accountant.” Buffy finished with a shake of her head. Spike stopped her with a hand on her shoulder.

“You’re forgetting luv, this is where they work and it’s there home. No one here is trying to take over the world, well except maybe the inmates. They don’t need to inspire fear in there offices, you can guarantee that the torturers don’t introduce themselves as Peggy Sue.” Spike explained smiling at how much it bugged Buffy.

“But it’s not normal!” Buffy exclaimed.

Ah, thought Spike, he knew where this was going and he didn’t like it. Better to get it over and done with he thought.

“So demons can’t have normal names?” He asked mildly.

“No! They’re evil.” Buffy answered without thinking.

“Now we get to the crux of it don’t we Slayer.” He thought he saw her wince slightly at the use of her title but he had a point to make.

“All demons are evil. So that means that Lou and Dave are evil, and Steve the accountant are evil doesn’t it.” Spike pushed.

“No, that’s not what I meant, your twisting it.” Buffy hastily back pedalled; to be honest she hadn’t included her friends in her theory. Buffy’s brain went into overdrive, so did that mean that the demons that she knew weren’t evil, just the ones she hadn’t met? No, that wasn’t right, she didn’t know them, they could be like Lou.

Spike watched as the thoughts rippled over her face.

“What about me Slayer?” Spike let their differences hang between them.

“Spike, you’re a vampire, you’ve killed thousands of people and you’ve tried to kill me.” Buffy all of a sudden didn’t like where this was going but she couldn’t just come out and say he wasn’t evil, not after all the things he had done.

“That I am luv.” Spike answered simply. He wasn’t going to defend himself; he had to see if she could get past it herself.

Buffy looked away suddenly.

“We better go and see Bubba.” She said softly before walking ahead.
Chapter 14 by Palerider
A/N's: Sorry for the delay, I've been away.
**

Chapter 14

Spike had been quiet the entire way down to Bubba’s office and Buffy was really regretting the stupid conversation.

They reached the door and Buffy knocked.

“Hello?” She called as she knocked.

“Come on in.” A southern drawl called.

Buffy and Spike entered and found themselves in front of another desk, only behind this one was a huge demon, a very wide demon. He had on a cowboy shirt and a cigar hung from his mouth.

“Well Hello, you must be Spike and Buffy. I’m Bubba, it’s a pleasure to meet you, we are so happy that you gave Lou and Dave the kick up the ass they needed. You have no idea how much money people lost on those two.” Bubba smiled genuinely at them.

Buffy smiled half heartedly back, and Spike just handed the note from Shiv over.

“What have we here? Okey Dokey lets see what I can do.” He read the note and then continued to stare at them.

“It should be something fitting.” Bubba mumbled and Buffy’s visions of the maiming and torturing came back.

“What’s this about?” Spike inquired politely.

Bubba eyed the two, remembering the scene from the bar and the elevator.

“I’m thinking Fire and Ice.” He carried on staring at the two.

“Excuse me? Why are we here?” Buffy tried this time.

Bubba stood and walked around his desk, Buffy admired his huge gut, it took dedication to get a beer gut that size.

“Just think of me as your fairy demon mother.” He chuckled once and slapped a hand to each of the blonde’s foreheads.

Buffy and spike collapsed with the sudden pain that exploded in their heads, it only lasted a few seconds and then they were both kneeling on the floor and panted. Buffy took a moment to catch her breath before standing.

She looked at Bubba who beamed at her; she beamed back before launching him across the room with a solid kick to the chest.

Bubba hit the wall and slid down it, a second later he stood up and brushed himself off.

“Oh, I like her.” He chuckled to Spike who had now stood up.

“She has that effect on people.” Spike mumbled.

“Want to see how much you like my fist in your face? Now what did you just do to us?” Buffy ground out.

“Isn’t she a doll?” Bubba spoke to Spike again, ignoring Buffy once more. Spike had to chuckle at the outrage on her face. He quickly covered it when he saw Buffy glaring at him.

“Honey, I just gave you a new power, that’s what I do. Shiv wanted to give you something to say Thanks, I gave you something. Follow me, I’ll show you how to use them.” Bubba turned and shuffled out the door.

Buffy looked at Spike questioningly, Spike answered with a shrug and followed the large demon out of his office.

**

Bubba led them up to the training room.

“Ok now, Spike got Fire and you my darling, you got Ice. There are two rules, it can only be used in self defence, well and on each other to a mild degree, Lou asked me to throw that in, and once drawn you have to use it. Of course you get a one day free license to practise with but after today the rules apply, got it?” Bubba explained.

“Got what?” Buffy exclaimed as she had no idea what was going on.

“Spike lets see if we can get you going as the little miss seems to be a bit slow today.” Bubba approached Spike and ignored the growl that came from Buffy.

He whispered something in Spikes ear and nodded when Spike raised an eyebrow.

Spike shrugged and closed his eyes. He clenched his fist tightly at one side and frown lines appeared. He opened his eyes and raised his fist. When he opened his fingers a fireball appeared in his hand.

Spike just stared at it mouth agape.

“Well done.” Bubba praised him.

“Whoa.” Buffy summed it up.

Spike moved his hand around and watched the fireball dance over his fingers.

“Now it’s your turn Missy.” He walked to Buffy and whispered in her ear.

“Huh?” was all Buffy could say.

Bubba spoke again softly and Buffy continued to stare. After about ten minutes of different approaches Buffy shouted.

“I don’t get it.”

Bubba slapped his head with an open palm.

“Spike, you must speak Buffy, you try.” and stomped out of the room.

Spike chuckled and beckoned her over. He looked at the fireball still in his hand and turned quickly and loosed it towards the back wall of the training room. They both watched in fascination as it struck the wall and a small bang echoed through the room, when the smoke cleared a gaping hole was left.

“That’s so cool.” Spike laughed almost giddy.

“Come on Spike; teach me so I can do it.” Buffy pleaded.

“Okay, look inside yourself….” Spike began and Buffy snorted.

“Should I listen out for inspirational music?” Buffy snickered again.

“Do you want to do this or not?” Spike suppressed a smile.

“Yes I do. Okay I’m ready.” Buffy closed her eyes.

“Now, you know your own body; look for the thing that’s different now.” Spike whispered softly into her ear.

Buffy concentrated harder, using the meditation methods that Giles had taught her to get in tune with her body. All of a sudden she found it, a tiny spark that hadn’t been there before.

Spike watched her face and knew the second she got it.

“Now pull it up towards your hand.” Spike gave another soft whisper so as not to break her concentration.

Buffy followed his directions. When she raised her hand and opened her eyes a ball of ice shimmered and spun in her palm, just like it had with Spikes fireball. Buffy gaped at it for a second before launching it towards the back wall. Where the ice ball struck the wall, an ice patch formed about a six foot circle.

“That is so cool.” Buffy squealed before pulling another ice ball into her palm.

**

Buffy gave a knock at Bubba’s door.

“Come on in.” Bubba answered. He watched as Buffy made her way in, and by the looks of it choking on suppressed laughter.

“What can I do for you honey?” Bubba questioned.

“S-spike…has a-a problem.” She managed to splutter before collapsing into laughter.

Spike stalked into the room and saw Buffy collapsed on the floor with tears rolling down her face and wanted to kick her.

Bubba took a moment to look at Spike, he noticed the smouldering hair, the singed eyebrow and the slightly blistered skin and the laughed slayer.

“Okay, maybe giving fire to a vampire wasn’t such a good idea.” Bubba commented which just made Buffy laugh even harder.

“Piss off.” Spike mumbled.

Bubba approached the two before grabbing a handful of either. Spike was driven to the floor to join Buffy, a few seconds later they both panted.

“Not laughing so hard now are you?” Spike smirked to Buffy.

“Piss off.” Was all Buffy replied.
Chapter 15 by Palerider
**

Chapter 15

After another hard four hours of coming to grips with their now swapped powers, Buffy and Spike shuffled back to their room.

The new powers were much appreciated and they had fun along with training, Spike had frozen one of Buffy’s ass cheeks which he found hilarious. Buffy used her new heat to thaw out the cheek and proceeded to set Spikes pants on fire. Which only elicited lots of swearing and arm waving from Spike, but Buffy found that hilarious.

Of course they were being very careful with each other, keeping up the pretence at being annoyed with one another, but the previous can demons be good conversation, weighed heavily on Buffy’s mind.

They entered their room and Buffy made straight for the bathroom. She turned on the taps and poured some bubbles in, her shoulders and back ached. She stripped of and left her clothes where they fell. Climbing into the bath she sunk into the water, a sigh escaping her mouth.

Spike smiled softly at the bathroom door. He could show her.

Spike followed her into the bathroom and stripped off his own clothes, he startled Buffy when he laid a hand on her shoulder.

“Move up.” Spike commanded softly.

For a second Buffy thought about arguing but just closed her mouth and slid forward in the bath. She felt the water slosh around her as Spike sat down. When he was comfortable he tugged gently on her shoulders and following his direction she lay back against his chest. She sighed as she relaxed against him.

Spike relished moments like these, when there was nothing between them, they were just a man and a woman. He wanted to show her what kind of a man he could be, that this thing between them was more than just sex, that he loved her.

He had known for a while now, that he loved her, without any doubt.

He ran his hands up her arms and across her collar bones. He saw her nipples pebble and felt himself harden beneath her. Spike was determined to show her that he wasn’t just about sex but he couldn’t help his body’s reaction to her, it happened no matter what.

Grabbing the sponge and soap of the side of the bath he lathered up the sponge and began tracing Buffy’s neck and shoulders with the sponge, he avoided anything that could be associated with sex but by the end of it Buffy was still panting with desire, she squirmed against the hardness at her back. It took Spike enormous amounts of control not to just give in.

He pushed her forward gently and stood up to step out of the bath.

Buffy didn’t know what he was up to, he had done nothing overtly sexual and she was still like a bitch in heat. She was amazed at how her body responded to him, no matter the situation.

She stood up and stepped into the towel that Spike held out for her. She didn’t know what was going on but she was happy to let Spike take the lead. She could see by his face that this was important to him. She let herself be led to the bed. Spike took the towel from around her and pulled the covers back for her to get in. Once she was in bed Spike slid in next to her. He lay on his side mirroring her, and just looked into her eyes.

The intensity of it made Buffy want to move or do something but Spike stilled her with a gentle kiss. He brushed his lips across hers, his eye’s still gazing.

His hand traced her arm and slid across her breast, making Buffy gasp slightly as he barely touched a nipple. Continuing his trail his fingers brushed her other nipple and Buffy moaned and leaned into his touch. She made a move to kiss him but Spike just shook his head slightly.

His hand drifted down and he nudged he thighs apart with it, when Buffy complied by raising one leg to rest on his, he covered her sex with his palm and massaged gently. Buffy arched against it, trying to gain some friction. He used one finger to trace her outer lips, and then slid it inside her. Buffy bucked against it as he pumped it.

A second finger was added and soon a third as Buffy writhed against him seeking a release. Buffy’s eye’s closed as the pleasure began to build but Spike stopped what he was doing.

“Look at me.” Was all he said and when Buffy opened her eyes, he continued.

Spike felt her muscles flutter around his fingers and rubbed her clit slightly with his thumb, it sent Buffy over the edge and she bucked against him wildly as she came.
He withdrew his fingers and hitched her leg higher on to his hip and positioned himself at her entrance, he slid into her slowly.

Buffy arched her back to meet him and Spike hissed as he surged inside her. He slid in and out of her at a languid pace, wanting to make it last, all the time looking into her eyes, every time she closed her eyes he would stop until Buffy opened her eyes again.

Spike let all of the emotions he felt show in his eyes as they moved together and sometimes he thought he could see it mirrored in Buffy’s eyes. Desire burned through both of them and it was Buffy who moved first. She rolled Spike onto his back so she was on top. But she didn’t sit back as Spike expected, she just braced her weight on either arm and rode him while still looking into his eyes.

Buffy knew what he was doing and she knew that this was important to him so she did as he asked. Soon the movements became frenzied and they bucked and writhed against each other, Buffy ground herself against him as she came, calling Spikes name and Spike followed a second later.

Buffy collapsed onto his chest with her head to the side, hoping that Spike wouldn’t notice the tears that had started to fall. While Spike held her tightly in his arms and tried to blink away his own tears.
Chapter 16 by Palerider
**

Chapter 16

Buffy woke up alone and was saddened by it, last night had been the most beautiful, intense thing she had ever experienced and Spike was gone. She knew he felt it too, but obviously he didn’t see the experience the same way.

She pulled the covers back to get out of bed, when the door opened. She immediately felt bad about her thoughts, because there stood Spike with a tray covered in breakfast foods.

“Get back into bed.” He commanded and she did, he left the tray on her lap and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Fancy a night out tonight luv?” He asked, smiling while he watched her eat.

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked curiously.

“I mean that we need a bit of fun, we’ve been training so hard that we could do with a break. Lou and Dave are up for it if you fancy it.” Spike explained.

“Sure, it sounds like a plan.” Buffy beamed at him, half of her glad that he hadn’t mentioned the previous evening. She didn’t understand what she felt herself so she didn’t want to talk about it.

**

Buffy spent the day lounging in the bath and doing various beauty treatments while Spike just read for most of the day. Occasionally she would look at him and catch him staring. It made her smile. Spike just looked away when she caught him.

The knock they were waiting for came early in the evening; Spike opened the door to Lou and Dave.

“Buffy’s still getting ready; obviously the whole day wasn’t enough.” He commented as he let the couple in.

“Hey! I’m ready, I was just finishing.” Buffy defended herself; she looked at Lou and saw that she was still in a haze of delirium. She didn’t think that she had ever seen anyone so happy, half of her was delighted for her new friend but half of her was full of envy.

“So, we good to go?” Spike asked and everyone nodded. They made there way up to the bar and sat in a booth.

Lou seemed to be bouncing of the walls, she was in such a good mood.

“Okay Lou, spill. I thought Spike was the only demon I knew with ADHD but your running a close second.” Buffy smiled, getting caught up with it.

“I do not have that, I just get bored easily.” Spike retorted and Buffy just rolled her eyes and waved a hand in front of him as if to present him to Lou.

Lou and Dave chuckled. Then Dave took Lou’s hand and looked at the blond pair.

“We have something we wanted to ask you.” Dave spoke softly, his voice full of hope.

“We’re going to be joined.” Lou almost squealed and Buffy fought the urge to cover her ears.

“Well that’s brilliant; I’m really pleased for you both.” Spike beamed at them, but Buffy just looked confused.

“Joined? What’s that? Because the only thoughts I’m having are nothing you can do in public. And I love you guys but don’t ask for me to do anything with that.” Buffy half joked.

Spike chuckled and patted her on the hand.

“It’s a ceremony, kind of like marriage but more serious.” He explained.

“What could be more serious than marriage?” Buffy scoffed.

“A Union.” Spike answered and at Buffy’s look he elaborated.

“Demons don’t often get joined because it’s like an oath. To be with someone forever, your bound to one another. Nothing can break it, and you don’t find people who are so sure of their feelings that often.” He looked up at the pair across from him and congratulated them again.

Buffy just sat and thought about it. Tears welled in her eyes and Spike rolled his eyes.

“You guys! I’m so happy for you.” She got up and hugged them both.

“Tell her it’s like a marriage and she’s in tears.” Spike commented dryly.

Buffy slapped him around the head.

“What was it you wanted to ask us?” Spike continued the original conversation.

Lou and Dave looked at each other for a moment before Lou spoke.

“We want you two to stand for us, that is, if you agree.” Lou was hopeful, Spike was shocked and Buffy was just confused again.

“Are you sure? What about you’re other friends?” Spike asked.

“I think I’m missing something, what exactly are you guys asking?” Buffy asked still a picture of confusion.

“It’s like a best man and a maid of honour.” Spike explained quickly.

Buffy sat with her mouth open.

“It’s not going to be for a couple of weeks yet.” Lou added hastily, Buffy looked a bit freaked out.

“Oh My God!” Buffy cried, as tears began falling.

“Now you’ve gone and done it, if she mentions ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’, run.” Spike muttered and got another smack in the head for his troubles.

“I’d be honoured.” Buffy sniffed, wiping her tears away.

“Really?” Lou beamed wildly at the two.

“Well I think this calls for a drink.” Spike slammed his fist down on the table and Dave nodded vigorously.

“Barkeep! A bottle of your finest tequila.” Spike shouted. The bartender brought over two bottles and four shot glasses.

“On the house. Congrats you two, it’s about time.” And wandered back to the bar.

“Remind me to go drinking with you two again.” Spike grinned at the besotted demons.

Spike filled the shots and handed them out.

Buffy raised her glass and toasted.

“To Lou and Dave!” The entire bar erupted into cheers and shouts and Buffy nearly dropped her glass.

Lou and Dave raised their glasses to the rest of the bar looking a bit sheepish, then downed the shots.

Many shots later, Buffy was eyeing the bottom of her glass, swaying only a little bit.

“We could so take you.” She asserted and Lou snorted.

“Please. Hello, demons.” She and Dave waved their hands.

“Hey Spike has a demon and we’re not above exploiting it.” Buffy informed them cheekily.

“If you’re talking about working in a sweatshop for fifty pence an hour, you can forget it.” Spike answered, inside he was reeling. Buffy had said he had a demon, not that he was a demon.

“Spike this is serious! There questioning our abilities.” She tried to take a swat at him but obviously went for the wrong Spike, it didn’t help that there was at least three of him.

“”Right! Twenty quid says we can take you.” Spike slapped his palm down on to the table.

“I’ll take that bet.” Lou informed him.

The rest of the bar had gathered round and they watched in amazement as money started to pass hands.

“What do you expect? We don’t get out much, we’ll bet on anything.” Lou laughed.

“Come on then, let’s do this.” Spike stood up and pulled Buffy out of her seat. The four of them walked to the hall way where the competition would be held.

The patrons of the bar filed out first and lined the hallway of the corridor. The barkeep, who had been assigned ref for this shouted.

“On your marks, get ready. GO!”

Buffy leapt onto Spikes back as Lou mounted Dave, the men caught their legs and began trotting down the hallway. Spike ricocheted off many of the patrons but they just guided them on their way. Buffy was yelling Yee-haw’s again as she tried to encourage Spike by nudging him with her knee.

Spike was trying to dodge her nudges and not to laugh his arse of at her phrases like.

“Ride me cowboy.”

“I’ll ride you alright.” he answered and Buffy giggled.

Lou and Dave took advantage of their flirting and overtook them, Dave, now in the lead, seemed to get a second wind and charged down the hallway. They reached the end and he jumped up and down with Lou still on his back, they turned to see the losers but they were otherwise occupied.

Buffy had worked her way around to the front of Spikes body and now had her legs wrapped tightly around his waist, while Spike rooted for her tonsils, with his tongue.

The onlookers laughed at the duo. Money exchanged hands, some won for backing Lou and Dave but most won for betting the Slayer and the vampire wouldn’t make it to the end of the corridor.
Chapter 17 by Palerider
**

Chapter 17

Five months in Hell.

Buffy and Spike were curled around each other, they had woken up that way, as usual.

“You know what I really miss?” Buffy asked Spike.

“Patrolling? Your mum?” Spike guessed.

“Those too, but I really miss Willow. I wonder how she’s coping, you know since her break-up with Oz.” Buffy sighed.

“I’m sure she’s fine, and I think her new witch friend is helping her cope with the loss of men just fine.” Spike snickered.

“Tara? What do you… Are you saying Willows GAY?” Buffy screeched sitting up in the bed.

“I would say so luv, they reek of each other, no, not sex. Just intimacy, why is that a problem?” Spike asked, sitting up to face her.

“NO! I mean no, it’s not a problem, just a shock. I mean before Oz, she’s been in love with Xander her whole life.” Buffy explained.

“That explains it then.” Spike commented dryly.

Buffy swatted his chest playfully.

“Your obviously comfortable with same sex relationships.” Buffy said nonchalantly.

“You love who you love pet, man or woman.” Spike answered truthfully.

Buffy pondered it for a moment and then broke the dating guides fifth commandment, thou shall not ask about previous lovers.

“Have you ever…?” she let the question hang but Spike wouldn’t give in to easily.

“Ever what?” He pushed.

“Loved a man?” he spoke about love, so Buffy kept it that way.

“Only one.” Spike answered, and Buffy chewed her lip, how farther should she push.

“Who was he?” She asked.

“Same person you loved, pet.” Spike answered honestly, he was tired of keeping secrets.

“You loved Angel?” Buffy asked, shocked.

“No, luv, I loved Angelus. And before you try and rip me a new one, he was different then. When he reverted after you two, he was insane. I think after having his demon suppressed for so long, he just lost it. When it was us, he was like he is now only more of a vampire.” Spike explained.

“You and Angelus huh?” Buffy was shocked.

“Used to drive Dru and Darla nuts.” Spike chuckled, and it made Buffy smile.

“So what happened?” Buffy asked curiously.

“He was cursed, it wouldn’t have made a difference to me, but he didn’t tell me, he told Darla. She couldn’t cope with it, so he left, without a fucking word; I got on with it, with Dru.” Spike’s voice was tinged with bitterness.

“I’m sorry Spike.” Buffy didn’t know what else to say, to hear Spike talk of loving someone, really loving them; she could hear the emotion in his voice, it made her brain hurt. It meant that demons did have feelings, and if demons had feelings, were they all evil?

Spike laughed.

“There’s no need to comfort me over peaches, it was done a long time ago.” He leaned forward to embrace her and Buffy let him. The hug was fierce and Buffy just held him.

Spike seemed to shake himself out of it.

“So what are you wearing to the Union?” Buffy knew it was a diversion tactic but it worked anyway.

“I don’t know, what’s the dress code? It’s a demon thing, so does that mean black leather? Entrails? Help a girl out here, will you?” Buffy smiled at him.

“Whatever you wear, you’ll be beautiful.” Spike spoke with feeling, when he saw Buffy blush he wanted to kick himself, him and his big mouth.

“Thank you.” Buffy answered sincerely and kissed him on the forehead before skipping to the walk in wardrobe.

“She’s going to be in there for a bloody week.” Spike muttered to himself before slumping back down onto the bed.
Chapter 18 by Palerider
**

Chapter 18

Buffy had been in the closet for about half an hour and Spike was accepting the fact that she wasn’t coming out. He was in the process of putting his clothes on when her voice interrupted him.

“Going somewhere? But who will view my clothes.” Spike was about to tell her to find another mug, he wanted to avoid the ‘does this make me look fat’ session but something in her voice made him lift his head.

Spikes eyes nearly popped out of his head, for there was the Slayer leaning casually against the wall in a sheer black lace bra with matching panties and stockings, but what topped it off were the four inch stilettos that adorned her feet.

“I can always find some one else.” Buffy pouted, running her fingertips across the top of her breast.

The growl that Spike let out sent a rush of wetness between her legs. She shifted her stance so that she was standing up straight. She bent over and run her fingers up her legs, across her stockings.

“Do you think these will go well with a dress?” She noticed that she could have been reading a recipe for dumplings and Spike wouldn’t have noticed, his eyes were fixed on her movements

She sashayed over to him, her hips in full swing. When she reached him she ran a hand across his chest.

“Do you like them?” she asked huskily, spike could only nod vigorously and she loved it.

She pushed him back onto the bed, he fell back when the back of his knees came into contact with it. Buffy raised one leg and placed it beside him on the bed.

“I think I might need a little help getting out of these, do you want to help?” Spike just stared at her for a few seconds. He came to life in a instant, he caught her arm and pulled her down with him and claimed her mouth. The kiss was full of lust and it left Buffy panting when he pulled away.

Spike had managed to gain control of some of his functions again, he pulled away from Buffy and pushed her away a little.

“Let me see you.” He whispered.

Buffy knelt on the bed.

“What do you want to see? This?” she ran her hands across her breasts, cupping them through her bra and tracing her nipples with a finger. She moaned a little as the sensation sent a tingle straight to her groin.

“What about this?” she let her hand fall to her underwear. She fingered the top of her lacy underwear before sliding a finger inside it to rub her clit. Her eyes drifted closed as her head fell back.

Spike moaned loudly, the sight of Buffy had him so hard he didn’t know what he wanted to do, watch her more of fuck her now. He stood up and slipped his jeans down and discarded them.

When Buffy opened her eyes again she gasped at the sight, Spike sat back against the headboard, he was staring at her, with his hand wrapped around his cock, pumping it slowly. Buffy stared as she felt another bolt of lust. She quickly slipped her bra off and she took a seat in front of Spike as she spread her legs and began to unclip the stockings and roll them down, she noticed spike pumping faster as she started to slide her underwear down her legs.

She had barely got them off her ankles when Spike dived between her thighs. His mouth attacked her clit mercilessly and it had her screaming in seconds. Not wanting it to end she pulled Spikes head away by his hair. He looked at her confused.

“Lie down.” She commanded and he obeyed. She moved until she was straddling his face and she was facing his feet, Spike quickly caught on as she lowered her face to his cock.

He buried his face in her sex again as she took hold of his cock and her tongue swiped the tip. Her mouth engulfed him as she felt Spikes tongue probed inside her. She took as much of him in as she could, relaxing her throat as she swallowed him deeper.

Spike thrust his hips as Buffy ground herself against his face. The orgasm ripped through her as she felt Spike still for a second before thrusting deep into her mouth, he came and Buffy swallowed around him as she felt it hit the back of her throat.

She fell to the side of him and lay trembling on the bed but Spike didn’t give her any time to recover, he was between her legs and positioned at her entrance in a second. He kissed her as he entered her; she was so wet from there combined fluids that slid in to the hilt in one movement.

Buffy let out a little scream but it was lost in Spikes mouth. He placed his hands under her back and pulled her up, he sat back on his haunches and Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist. Buffy clung to him as he slid out of her and slammed back in.

Spike supported her as he repeatedly pounded into her, she shattered again, bucking wildly against him, her hands frantically pulling at his hair and clawing at his shoulders, Spike followed her.

“Buffy!” his head fell to her chest as his body trembled under her. He let himself fall backwards, taking her with him.

After a few minutes Buffy leaned up and kissed him.

“Now I really do need to find something to wear for the Union, I’ve only got two weeks to pick something.” She slid of him and the bed. As she sauntered to the bathroom she looked over her shoulder and with a sexy smile asked.

“Are you going to help me?”

Spike smacked his forehead with an open palm once she was in the bathroom.

He was so whipped it wasn’t even funny.
Chapter 19 by Palerider
**

Chapter 19

Buffy was in the bath, Spike had laughed uproariously when he saw her emerge from the bathroom that morning with heated curlers in her hair. Buffy had happily given him a two finger salute before stalking back into the bathroom.

He laughed at the thought, so many of his habits had rubbed of on her. His suit was hanging in the closet and he didn’t need to get dressed for a while yet. It was the day of the Union. Dave and Lou were going to be joined today and he felt his heart swell at the thought.

Buffy exited the bathroom clad only in white underwear, before Spike could even move she pointed a finger at him.

“Don’t even think about it mister. I have my hair and make up perfect, if you mess it up I will stake you.” She told him levelly. Spike gave a mock pout and she laughed.

“But if you’re a good boy, you can wreck it later.” She teased.

Spike brightened at the thought causing Buffy to laugh again.

“Come on Bleach boy, get dressed.” Buffy commanded as she walked to the closet.

“The ceremony’s not for a while yet love.” Spike pointed out but Buffy just rolled her eyes.

“I want to be early and I said I’d help Lou with setting up a few things.” Buffy explained, she walked into the closet and handed Spike his suit, shirt and shoes. Buffy, as usual, had picked it. It was a black suit with a black silk shirt. She had come round to seeing why Spike always wore black; he looked damn good in it.

Buffy closed the door to the closet and Spike busied himself with getting dressed. About fifteen minutes later the door opened and Buffy emerged. Spike’s mouth fell open at the sight.

Buffy smiled, happily. She was wearing a white thin strapped, floaty dress; it reached past her knees but had chiffon layers at different lengths so most of it was sheer. Her feet were encased in white high heeled shoes and her hair fell in golden ringlets around her face.

“You are beautiful.” Was all Spike could manage, he thought telling her that she looked like a goddess might have freaked her out a bit.

“Thank you. You look fantastic too.” Buffy smiled and returned the compliment, because he did look great. She complimented herself on her good taste.

**

Buffy sat next to Spike on a wooden bench in the front row of a big hall. It had primal drawings on the wall and was decorated with some of the most beautiful painting and sculptures she had ever seen, this was what she could only assume, was their church of sorts.

She sniffed into her handkerchief and Spike refrained from rolling his eyes, the ceremony hadn’t even started yet and Buffy was a wreck.

“Buffy, don’t cry pet.” Spike tried the soft approach.

“I’m sorry it’s just that this is so romantic.” She wiped her eyes and her nose once again and sat up straighter.

Lou made her entrance and walked down the aisle with her father. Buffy teared up a little, Lou looked beautiful, she had on a forest green shaded dress and it brought out her skin tone beautifully. Dave in contrast was in white, showing off his dark skin.

Her father handed her to Dave and gave her a kiss on the cheek, Buffy marvelled at how similar to a marriage ceremony it was. The demon performing the ceremony nodded and Lou rested a hand on Dave’s chest while Dave grabbed her ass.

“Well that’s rude.” Buffy sniffed and Spike chuckled.

“That’s where her heart is.” He whispered an explanation.

“Oh.” Buffy sniffed a tear back at the thought of them touching hearts.

Spike shook his head.

The demon doing the service began to speak and Lou and Dave repeated his words together.

“My blood, my love, my pain, my devotion I will offer you all of my days,
Until the powers chose fit to have us part ways.”

They joined their raised hands and the demon bound each wrist in a cord, he went to the alter and returned with two daggers, he thrust both daggers into each of there bound hands and the crackle of power went through the room. Dave and Lou never flinched.

“Who here supports this union?” the demon intoned and Spike and Buffy stood and answered as one.

“We do.”

“You give your love, support and the oath to stand by this Union.” He asked and they answered again as one.

“We do.”

He returned to the impaled couple and removed the daggers, he returned to Buffy and Spike. Oh yeah, Buffy had forgotten about the blood letting, silly of her really, it was always about love.

They held there upturned palms to the demon, a small male demon approached and held a bowl under Spikes hand as the demon used one of the daggers to open the skin. Spike bled into the bowl, and then the small demon brought the bowl to Buffy’s hand and repeated the action. She winced slightly as her skin opened but bled into the bowl. Again the crackle of power filled the room.

The demon returned to Dave and Lou and unbound their wrists.

“You are joined.” He announced and the hall erupted into cheers.

Buffy was openly crying now as she watched Dave grab Lou and kiss her soundly. She cradled her palm as the blood still pooled there. Her handkerchief was destroyed by tears already and she was trying not to get blood on her dress.

Spike circled his arms around her waist and kissed her softly. A thought popped into her head. She held her hand out towards Spike and watched him vamp immediately. After months of feeding of bagged food, he couldn’t control it.

He looked at Buffy questioningly.

“I don’t want to get blood on my dress.” She put as much feeling into the excuse as she could muster.

Spike lifted her palm and darted out his tongue to catch the drip of blood that had started to roll down her wrist. He licked his way up to her palm; Buffy trembled under the feel of his mouth and tongue. He guided her to the side of the hall and backed her up against the wall.

His mouth closed over her would and began to suck softly. Buffy panted slightly as her desire increased. She ran her other hand through his hair. Needing to do something she nuzzled his neck and nibbled.

**

Lou and Dave gazed happily at the two who were enclosed in the shadows.

“They could have waited.” Dave huffed jokingly.

“Are you kidding? Thanks to that I’ve just won our firstborn’s college fund” Lou laughed as Dave looked mildly shocked.

**

Buffy panted as she tugged at Spike’s hair.

“What? Did I hurt you?” his eyes were glassy and he seemed a bit out of it.

“We need to go somewhere, now. I can’t fuck you in a demon church no matter how turned on I am.” Buffy gasped.
Chapter 20 by Palerider
A/N's: Sorry for the delay, been busy with work and kids, oh and forgive me if this chapter comes across a bit weird, it was so much easier to explain in my head. :)

**

Chapter 20

Buffy left Spike in bed, it was a week since Lou and Dave’s union and she hadn’t seen either of them. Lou had finally dropped by this morning and asked Buffy to come down to her office to talk.

Buffy knocked on the door and opened it as she heard Lou’s call to come in.

“Well you must have had an exciting week, since you fell of the face of the planet.” Buffy teased and Lou blushed slightly.

“Don’t tease me, my dad told me about the conference room table.” Lou smirked and Buffy looked horrified.

“He told you about that?” Her mind flashed back to the night of the union, her and Spike had stumbled through the corridor until Spike pulled her into a conference room and they made very good use of the table in there.

At some point Shiv had walked in on them, he quickly turned to exit while shouting about how the youth of today had no morals. Buffy had found that hilarious considering he was a demon.

“He told me, and then gave me a lecture on the perils of sex in inappropriate places.” Lou chuckled as Buffy gave her an apologetic look. Buffy took a seat in front of Lou’s desk.

“So what did you want to talk about? No, don’t tell me, one week into marriage and your looking to spice things up and want tips.” Buffy teased her again.

Lou snorted.

“Trust me; we are fine on that level. Dave does this thing with his tongue….”

Buffy cut her off by sticking her fingers in her ears and singing loudly. Lou just laughed, finally being able to get one up on the fiery little blond.

Lou waved her assent at Buffy and she removed her fingers from her ears.

“I wanted to let you know that you’re going home tomorrow.” Lou grinned at Buffy.

Buffy could only stare, did she hear right? She felt her heart in her throat and all of a sudden she felt light headed.

Lou watched the colour drain out of Buffy’s face and she looked at her friend, baffled.

“Buffy, are you alright?” Lou questioned.

“I just…I just feel a bit funny.” Buffy answered.

“Do you want me to get Spike?” Lou stood up.

“No!” Buffy almost shrieked.

“Okay, what’s going on? I thought you’d be glad to go home.” Lou demanded an explanation.

“I will be, I mean I am.” Buffy answered weakly.

“So what’s the problem? You have everything you wanted. You don’t seem to be happy.” Lou was still confused.

“You don’t understand.” Buffy whispered miserably.

“I won’t have Spike.” She explained.

Lou snorted.

“Excuse me but you have definitely been having Spike for the last six months, we can all attest.” Lou pointed out.

“it wont be the same when we get home.” Buffy felt the tears well in her eyes and tried to blink them away.

“Your right I don’t understand, why should anything change? You two are obviously nuts about each other.” Lou was genuinely confused.

“For one, my friends and watcher will never accept it. It will be an intervention all over again.” Buffy explained one of the problems.

“So? Tell them to piss off.” Lou demanded heartily and her use of a spike-ism made Buffy smile slightly

Buffy sighed and brushed her hair behind her ears.

“I’m a vampire slayer, Spikes a vampire. When we get home there’s going to be no getting away from that. The things his done in his past are going to keep coming up. Here I don’t have to worry because there’s no one for him to eat and he doesn’t have a soul.” Buffy tried to put it in to words.

Lou stared at her friend for a moment and didn’t know whether to hug her or drop kick her.

She went for a different approach entirely. Reaching into the bottom drawer of her desk she pulled out a bottle of tequila and two glasses. She filled both glasses and pushed on over to Buffy.

“Buffy what is it that you think we do here? In Hell I mean.” Lou asked.

Buffy looked lost at Lou’s new direction.

“You punish people.” Buffy answered simply.

“Yes, but why?” Lou continued.

“They’ve done bad things.” Buffy answered.

“So you think that’s the only reason, they hurt someone so we can hurt them? And for how long?”

“Not when you put it like that. They come here to be punished for what they’ve done, and I thought Hell was for all eternity.” Buffy huffed slightly; she didn’t understand what Lou was trying to say.

“Buffy, people go to Hell to atone for their sins, yes they are punished in a variety of ways but it’s done for a reason.” Lou tried to explain.

“Why?” Buffy asked shortly.

“People go to Hell to be punished for their sins for as long as it takes them to be redeemed and move on to paradise.” Lou answered her demand.

Buffy just gaped at her.

“Nobody is beyond redemption, granted it takes some longer than others. When they are truly sorry for what they’ve done and are fit for paradise, they move on.” Lou added kindly, she could see the incredulity in Buffy’s eyes.

“Redemption” Buffy asked softly.

“Nobody is beyond it.” Lou added again hoping to get the words to sink in.
Chapter 21 by Palerider
**

Chapter 21

Buffy made her way back to their room and smiled as she opened the door, Spike was still in bed. He lay on his front and the sheet rode dangerously low. She stood and looked at him for a moment. He really was beautiful. He looked like an innocent young man, maybe she had been right when she had joked that him and Angel had been given the wrong monikers.

“Are you checking out my arse?” A sleepy voice echoed from the bed. Buffy laughed, he hadn’t even opened his eyes.

“Do you have a problem with that?” Buffy asked cheekily.

“Not at all, but do I get to return it?” He opened his eyes and grinned at her.

Buffy closed the door behind her and turned around. She cheekily slapped her backside and giggled.

“I already know my ass is fine.” She jumped and giggled as Spike made a lunge from the bed in her direction.

As usual he caught her in about two seconds flat. He kissed her hard and backed her against the wall. Pulling away he spoke.

“So what did Lou want?”

Buffy immediately sobered. She pulled away from Spike and walked to the closet.

“Oh she and Dave want to have dinner with us tonight.” She forced the smile back onto her face and sniggered.

“Oh and Dave needs some stud muffin tips from you.” At the surprised look on Spikes face she laughed out loud.

“I’m joking! Apparently he does this thing with his tongue….” She laughed even harder as Spike stuck his fingers in his ears and began to sing loudly.

Buffy walked over to him and pulled his fingers out of his ears.

“How about I show you this thing I can do with my tongue?” she whispered softly.

Spike hissed as her hand came up between them to cup his erection. The joys of sleeping naked, no pesky clothing Buffy thought as she stroked his length.

“Luv, why don’t we go back to bed and we can show each other…” Spike didn’t want to tell her that watching her give him a blow job almost always brought him to his knees so he tried a different tactic but Buffy cut him off.

“Don’t you want me on my knees?” she pouted slightly as she practically slid down his body to her knees in front of him. She knew exactly what it did to him and she loved it.

Spike groaned aloud at the sight of a submissive pouty Buffy, he was lost.

Buffy smiled a small smile and leaned forward to swipe her tongue across the tip of his cock. Spike hissed and thrust his hips forward, seeking more contact.

Buffy slide her tongue along the length of his shaft and back up again.

“Take me in your mouth luv.” Spike asked, panting slightly.

Buffy let her lips slide down over the tip of his cock and used her tongue to swirl around the swollen head. She engulfed him as she plunged her mouth down to take in as much of him as she could, before pulling back letting her lips slid up his length.

Spikes hands fisted in her hair, unconsciously pulling her closer. She peeked up at him and saw his eyes were closed and his head was lolling back.

She took her mouth from him.

“Look at me Spike.” She insisted.

Spike groaned loudly, she knew what this would do to him. He pulled his head forward and opened his eyes to look down at the girl on her knees.

She engulfed him again, keeping her eyes on him, when he reached the back of her throat she swallowed around him causing her throat to tighten as she took him in further.

Spike thrusted his hips slightly as the sight of her lips covering his cock almost had him lose control. Buffy moaned around him causing vibrations and he lost it, fisted her hair tighter her bucked against her mouth and came with her name on his lips.

Buffy swallowed as the burst of liquid hit the back of her throat; she milked him fully and finally let him go from her mouth.

Spike sank to the floor beside her, and then fell to his back panting heavily.

Buffy curled up against him and savoured the feeling as he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.

“We don’t have to go to dinner tonight, you know, we could just stay here until I regain use of my legs and happily make yours useless.” Spike suggested saucily.

“No! We have to go; I mean that, we haven’t seen them since the union. And it would be rude not to go.” Spike pressed a kiss to her forehead and chuckled.

“Okay pet, you know I wouldn’t really make your legs useless, they’re so handy for wrapping around my waist and…”

Buffy interrupted him with a pinch to his nipple.

“Handy for kicking your ass.” Buffy added with a sugary voice.

“We’re back to my arse are we?” Spike chuckled and swatted her hand away as she tried to pinch him again.
Chapter 22 by Palerider
**

Chapter 22

Buffy and Spike stumbled back from the bar in the early hours and managed to make it into bed. Spike had practically passed out as his head hit the pillow. Buffy gave a small giggle as she pulled his boots off.

She tugged her own clothes off and pulled one of Spikes t-shirts on before crawling into bed next to him. Wrapping herself around him, she allowed a little of reality to settle in.
This was their last night here. She had pulled Lou aside at the beginning of the evening and told her not to mention it, she didn’t know why but she wanted Spike to just be himself and not have to think about it.

It had been a great evening, dinner was great and the company had been better, but now lying here next to Spike she felt the tears well in her eyes. She knew things wouldn’t be the same. When they got back she just didn’t know what would happen but she knew that something bad was going to happen.

Closing her eyes she finally felt the pull of sleep and drifted off.

Buffy was jolted awake by a disorientating feeling, well that and Spike swearing his head off.

“Oh fuck, I think I’m gonna Ralph.” Spike ground out as the feeling stopped.

Buffy looked around her and fell back on her ass. There stood Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow and Riley. They were back home.

“Spike?” Buffy tried to tug on his arms but Spike was to concerned with trying to crawl into her lap.

“Spike.” This time it was more urgent.

“What? I swear I going to kill Dave.” Spike looked up at Buffys face and saw something akin to terror there and then his gaze shifted to the room.

“Oh fuck.” Spike mumbled before slumping backwards onto the carpet.

Giles stared at his slayer, something was very wrong here. Spike was wearing only jeans and Buffy appeared to be wearing a Sex Pistols t-shirt. What on earth had happened?

Spike grabbed Buffy’s shoulder to pull himself up, he couldn’t really leave this all to her could he?

Seeing Spike grab Buffy the distinct nose of a gun being un-holstered sounded through the room.

Immediately Spike and Buffy rolled into defensive crouches. They were back to back; one hand pulled back, a mirror image, and in their palms floated balls of fire and ice.

“Riley! Do you mind?” Giles shouted indignantly, he felt a twinge of pity for the little soldier boy. A lot had apparently occurred and Giles had the feeling that he wouldn’t be seeing much of Riley in the future.

“He grabbed her!” riley tried to explain.

“In his heinous attempt to get up. Yes I can see your worry.” Giles snapped, his attention was riveted to the blond pair, whatever had happened they seemed to have acquired powers.

“Buffy you have powers!” Willow squealed and jumped up.

“Yeah Buff, what’s with the fireball?” Xander joined in.

Buffy ignored everyone, she could feel Spikes desire to release the ice-ball that he held and she knew exactly who he wanted to unleash it on.

“Self-defence only, remember?” She whispered softly to Spike.

Spike harrumphed before lowering his hand.

“Why don’t we give Buffy and Spike a chance to orientate themselves?” Giles suggested mildly, he was dying to get his note pad.

Everyone sat back down, but continued to stare at the two. Buffy shrugged, she stood up and looked questioningly at Spike.

They had balls of fire and ice, and nothing to do with them, they had learnt how to use them up when it happened, but it wasn’t something she particularly wanted to do in front of others. No choice though really.

Spike stood and followed her lead; he was actually surprised that she was going to do this.

Spike mirrored Buffy’s movements as she crossed her palm with the other, the power balls split in two, leaving two smaller ones, one in each palm.

They raised their hands to shoulder level then began to bring their palms together. About an inch apart, steam began to hiss and fire and ice met. Slowly leaning further into each other the fire and ice slowly began to extinguish each other, steam hissed around the pair as water dripped down their arms.

Giles ripped his glasses of his face and began to polish them vigorously. Xander watched, open mouthed while willow blushed scarlet and looked away.

What they were doing might have been innocent but it screamed of intimacy.

When Buffy and Spikes finally closed around each others they slumped against one another panting.

“Wow that really makes me think of sex, Xander could I see you in the bathroom for a moment.” Anya stood up and Xander hung his head in his hands.

“What? I was trying the tact thing, I didn’t ask you to come and have sex with me.” Anya sounded exasperated.

Willow snickered and Xander pulled Anya out of the room.

“What was that?” Riley demanded as he stalked closer to the pair.

Spike immediately tried to shift into defensive again but Buffy stopped him by closing his fists in her own.

She sighed heavily before casting an annoyed glance at Riley.

“Why are you even still here?” Buffy asked.

“What do you mean? You asked me to wait for you.” Riley looked at her in disbelief.

Spike leaned forward and whispered something in her ear, understanding finally dawned on her.

Giles, could we maybe get a cup of coffee and some clothes? Then we’ll go through it.” Buffy looked weary, Giles nodded and set of upstairs to get some clothes while Willow set off to make the coffee.

“Buffy, what’s happened?” Riley looked imploringly at his girlfriend.

“Riley I have got the mother of all hangovers; I want clothes, coffee then to tell my story, in that order ok?” Buffy turned back to Spike cutting Riley off from any further conversation.

She looked at Spike trying to let him know that she would tell the story. A part of Spike fell; she didn’t want him blabbing about them, he gave her a curt nod and went to sit in one of the armchairs.

Buffy watched him walk away and felt a piece of her heart break, she didn’t want to rush things, why couldn’t he see that.
Chapter 23 by Palerider
**

Chapter 23

Buffy pulled on the sweat pants as Spike pulled on a shirt. Spike sat on the couch and Buffy sat on the arm of the couch next to him, Spike looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Buffy just rolled her eyes at him. They both accepted the coffee from Willow and the gang found seats around the room.

Riley sat on the chair and looked expectantly at Buffy. She looked at him for a few seconds before looking away. Giles opened the conversation.

“Did you get the amulet?” he questioned.

Buffy’s hand flew to her neck fumbling for the missing amulet.

“Oh fuck.” She exclaimed. She was met by a group of raised eyebrows and shocked expressions for the use of harsh language.

“Buffy, how could you be so irresponsible?” Giles demanded.

“Giles I wore that thing for like two months before I took it off.” Buffy snapped back.

“Two months? What do you mean?” Giles frowned at her response.

“You explain, I’m likely to hit someone.” Buffy ground out while waving her cup at Spike.

“Rupert, you remember when Angel went to Hell? How long was he gone, a few weeks right? Now tell me, how long was he actually in Hell for?” Spike explained it the way he had to Buffy, figuring it would be easier for Giles to come to it on his own.

Giles stared at the two sat in front of him with a horrified look on his face.

“How long were you gone?” He asked in a hushed tone.

“About six months.” Buffy answered simply.

Giles continued to stare at them. Xander spoke up.

“I don’t get, what’s going on?” He looked at his girlfriend before turning to Willow.

“The time line is different in Hell.” Willow explained as understanding dawned on her.
“Buffy and Spike have been in Hell for about six months.” She clarified for anyone who didn’t understand.

“Did you do this?” Riley demanded, jumping to his feet.

Spike rolled his eyes so far back he was amazed he didn’t fall over backwards.

“Yeah, it’s a big secret, vampires are time lords. Quick, write that down Rupert.” Spike gestured at Giles notebook.

Rupert suppressed a smile before looking at Riley.

“There is no way that he could of done it, I’m afraid it is my fault, obviously I didn’t research enough.” Giles looked apologetically at Buffy and Spike.

“Well there’s a first.” Buffy quipped to Giles.

Suddenly a hazy portal opened in the middle of the front room and Lou appeared. She opened her mouth to speak, but a bang echoed through the room. Lou looked shocked and looked down at her chest; a hole that was oozing blood had appeared.

Buffy looked around the room and saw Riley holding a gun. She only had a fraction of a second before Spike launched himself at the soldier. She threw herself at Spike and caught him around the middle. They landed on the floor in a heap. Spike struggled against her but Buffy wouldn’t let go.

“Spike! Lou needs us.” She yelled at him and he finally stopped struggling. She let him go and they crawled to where Lou had now collapsed.

“Lou, darling? Tell me the same rules apply.” Spike rasped out, his hands hovering above the wound.

“It’s ok Spike, it won’t kill me but it hurts like a bitch though.” Lou ground out.

“Do you want Spike to numb it while it heals?” Buffy asked Lou. Spike threw her a grateful look for giving him something that he could help with.

“That’d be nice.” Lou smiled weakly.

The gang sat in a shocked silence as Spike knelt beside the demons body and held his hands over the wound, his hands started to glow a pale blue colour. An icy steam came out of his hands as he sent a sliver of ice onto Lou’s wound.

Buffy waited until Spike was doing his stuff before standing up. She turned and stared at Riley. She stalked towards him in four long strides. As if sensing her mood he took a step backwards before holding up his hands.

“It’s a demon.” He said as if that explained everything.

Buffy gave him a disgusted look before pulling her fist back and swinging it towards him. at the last instance she reigned in her strength. The blow caught Riley in the jaw, it lifted him of his feet and he crashed into the wall behind. Buffy didn’t even watch him slide down it. She turned at looked once again at Lou.

“I take it you know this woman.” Giles chose his words carefully.

“Everyone this is Lou. Satan’s daughter.” Buffy introduced her cheerfully.

“Buffy, that’s not funny. I am not Satan’s daughter.” Lou chuckled in spite of herself.

“Well nearly.” Buffy answered with a smirk.
Chapter 24 by Palerider
**

Chapter 24

“Forgive me if I seem a little confused but who are you exactly?” Giles suppressed the whirlwind of questions for Buffy and this new woman. He was dying to know what had happened.

“Hi, I’m Lou; I met Buffy and Spike when they first arrived in Hell. They helped me out while they were there.” Lou kept it simple.

“Er, nice to meet you.” Giles went for formal.

Buffy started to giggle and at the questioning looks she shrugged.

“I was just thinking that Giles would introduce himself to anything. He’s British.” Buffy added for Lou’s benefit.

“Oi, leave off the British.” Spike muttered and Giles inclined his head in the vampire’s direction.

“Lou sat up with the aid of Spike; he helped her to sit in one of the chairs and hovered around her.

“Spike, I’m fine now, Thank you for what you did.” Lou added genuinely.

“S’alright, Dave would kill me if I let anything happen to you, not to mention your dad.” Spike chuckled.

“Not that I’m not happy to see you Lou, but why are you here?” Buffy asked.

“You forgot this. I figured you’d need it.” Lou pulled the amulet out of her pocket and held it out to Buffy. Buffy blushed and darted a quick look at her watcher.

Buffy snatched the amulet out of Lou’s hands and tossed it to Giles. He opened his mouth to say something but Buffy cut him off.

“Don’t say a word.” She uttered, pointing a finger at him. Spike chuckled and Buffy glared at him.

“Well I need to get back; I’ve already been gone to long. So, it was nice to meet you all and get shot and everything.” Lou smirked at Spike when he rolled his eyes. Lou hugged Buffy and Spike tightly, and then pulled out a necklace of her own, she pressed something and the portal shimmered into being. With a little wave she stepped through it and it closed behind her.

As everyone took their seats again Riley was coming round. He sat up and shook his head as if trying to clear it. He looked around the room and suddenly everything dawned on him.

“Buffy you hit me!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah well, you shot my friend.” Buffy retaliated.

“I shot a demon, it just popped out of nothing, and it could have killed you!” Riley defended his actions.

“’It’ is a she, and she has a name. Lou, and since when have I ever needed you to save me from anything?” Buffy ground out from between clenched teeth.

Riley looked incredibly hurt at her words and she noticed Xander wince out of the corner of her eye. Riley pulled himself to his feet.

“I’m going to call you tomorrow so we can talk about this in a civil manner.” He commented stiffly before walking out of Giles’ front door.

“Was he always like that? Did I really never notice it before?” Buffy muttered to herself. The room was silent, but Buffy could see the glimmer of a smirk that Spike was desperately trying to suppress.

“Piss off.” Buffy muttered to the vampire as she turned back to Giles. Her watcher stared at her in shock.

“What?” Buffy demanded.

“Buffy could I talk to you for a moment?” Giles asked mildly as he whipped his glasses off and scrubbed at them with handkerchief.

Buffy just shrugged her shoulders.

“Spike, I think it would be best if you went on home, we’ll talk tomorrow.” Giles suggested in the mildest voice he could manage. Spike’s eyes narrowed as he looked at the watcher.

“Right. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He looked to Buffy for some kind of sign, she just nodded slightly at him and he headed for the door without a backward glance.

“That was rude.” Buffy accused Giles as soon as Spike was out the door.

“Buffy obviously something happened while you were in err… Hell, but you can’t seriously entertain the idea of continuing any sort of relationship with Spike.” Giles spoke sternly as he looked intensely at his slayer.

“Something happened in Hell?” Xander piped up from the couch. The penny dropped and Xander rounded on his best friend.

“Oh god Buffy, you didn’t! Are you insane? He’s a vampire! What is it with you and dead guys? The last one didn’t teach you anything? You want to get all your friends killed?” Xander shouted mercilessly at her.

Giles watched Buffy as her hands clenched at her side and he could see her teeth clenched. Trying to avoid any kind of situation, Giles stepped in front of Xander and looked at him.

“Xander I think it would be best for you all to leave now, Buffy and I have much to discuss.” The tone of Giles voice left no room for argument.
Chapter 25 by Palerider
A/N's: Sorry for the delay, have been moving and just taken over a new pub, things are nuts.

**

Chapter 25

Buffy slumped onto the couch as everyone left. She watched as Giles moved around his front room pulling books from various places, even some from the locked cabinet which he always kept locked.

He dumped the books on the table in front of her and began leafing through them.

“William the Bloody.” He placed the open book on Buffy’s lap.

“That is an account of how he and Drusilla slaughter the entire occupants of a hotel.

He leafed through another book and placed it on her lap.

“He wiped out a family on a farm.” Giles tapped the book so she would look down. She winced as she saw that there were old pictures in the book. A room littered with corpses.

Giles was relentless. He placed another open book on her lap.

“Angelus and Spike decimated a convent. Do I really need to go on Buffy? Because I can get all of the books with his exploits in them if that is what it will take.” Giles snapped at her.

Buffy looked at her watcher with tears in her eyes. She angrily swiped them away and pushed the books of her lap and onto the floor. She walked stiffly towards the door and left.

Giles sighed as he picked the books up, he could only hope that he had got through to her.

**

Buffy walked quickly to the dorms and made her way to her room. She entered it and found Willow lying on her bed. Buffy walked to her own bed and slumped down to lie on it.

“You and Spike huh?” willow questioned softly.

“Willow please don’t start.” Buffy pleaded with her best friend.

“All I’m saying is he is a vampire Buffy, and he doesn’t have a soul.” Willow rushed the words out.

Buffy sat up and faced the redhead.

“Would you give Tara up because we might not approve?” Buffy asked Willow.

Willow flew into an upright position and stared at her in shock.

“How… how do.. I don’t understand.” Willow stammered out.

“Spike told me.” Buffy explained.

Willow blushed scarlet and cast her eyes down; when she peeked through her hair she spoke tentatively.

“Are you okay with that?” willow held hope in her eyes and Buffy smiled.

“I love you wills, though not in a gay way.” Buffy joked and giggled at the look on Willows face.

“All I’m saying is you’re my best friend and you can’t help who you fall in love with.” It was Buffy who held hope in her eyes this time.

“It’s a bit different Buffy, Tara’s gay, Spikes a vampire. Wait! Are you telling me you love him?” willow gasped.

“I really think so.” Buffy conceded.

“Willow I wish you could have come to Hell with us, not in a bad way. But just to meet the people there and I wish you could have spent some time with Lou. Do you know why you go to Hell? To atone for your sins, you are only in Hell as long as it takes to earn redemption. Nobody is damned, everyone can atone.” Buffy could see the incredulous look on Willow’s face so she just nodded to her best friend.

“They don’t tell you that in the slayer handbook.” Buffy added sombrely.

Willow continued to stare at Buffy; Buffy slumped back down to her bed, her thoughts whirling with images of Spike.

**

Spike stalked in his crypt. They were going to turn her against him, he knew it. The last six months wouldn’t matter. He knew how much her friends meant to her. And ultimately he knew that she would listen to them.

Spike fell backwards into his armchair. He clutched his face in his hands. It wouldn’t hurt so much if he hadn’t of had the last six months with her. He wouldn’t put her through any more torment; he could imagine what her watcher was doing to her. He would leave, take the decision away from her, it would crush him if she chose them over him.

The only thing to do would be to leave, make his own decision. He would tell her tomorrow, say goodbye properly so that he could have good memories. Spike closed his eyes and ignored the tears that had started to fall. Tomorrow he would say goodbye to his slayer and the love of his life.

**

Buffy awoke to Giles speaking on her answering machine. She glanced around the room to see Willow already gone.

“Buffy you need to do that thing tonight with the amulet.” He tried to sound cryptic and Buffy smiled, her mood soured instantly as she remembered the previous evening.

Buffy got up and got dressed; she would go to classes and do the normal thing today. She was nearly aching for Spike, sleeping in a bed without him had left her with a dull ache in her chest. Knowing he would come to Giles later to help with the impending apocalypse, she held onto that thought as she headed to her first class.

Wandering down the corridor to class Buffy came face to chest with Riley.

“Are you feeling better this morning?” Riley asked stiffly. Buffy gave a huge sigh and craned her neck back to look at him.

“I was feeling fine yesterday, Riley, you shot my friend.” Buffy sighed wearily.

“Buffy I don’t understand what’s happened. You seem so different that yesterday when you left.” Riley pleaded for an explanation.

“Riley I was in Hell for six months, half a year. A lot can change in that time.” She tried to explain.

“This has something to do with Spike hasn’t it, he’s turned you against me.” Riley spat.

“Riley, your talking like we were married with kids, we only had a few dates, it wasn’t even that serious.” Buffy exclaimed.

“How can you say that? I know you felt the same as I did. As I do!” He spoke furiously.

“Riley I don’t know how else to put this, I spent six months without you, I got over you. I’m sorry that you only had six hours but I can’t change that.” Buffy tried to let him down gently. Deciding that she’d had enough of the conversation Buffy turned and walked in the other direction.
Chapter 26 by Palerider
**

Chapter 26

Buffy skipped her classes and went home; she wanted to talk to her mom. She spent the day with accusations and confusion in her mind. When it was time to go back to Giles she had made up her mind about one thing.

Buffy walked into the room and found the gang there, her eyes lightened as they rested on Spike. Spike quickly glanced the other way and Buffy frowned.

She stalked to the table and snatched up the amulet. She turned on her heel and stalked back to the door.

“Move people.” Buffy barked as she made her way out the door.

**

They arrived at the remains of the high school; this was where it was supposed to happen, at the hell mouth. The gang filed into the rubble after her. The demon was already there, he was crouched over the hole to the hell mouth and he was chanting. He was huge and red, with two great horns protruding from his forehead. Buffy thought he looked like the devil from the film Legend.

The gang filed out around Buffy into defensive positions, Spike stood at her back.

Waiting for Buffy to act, everyone was surprised when she spoke.

“Hey there, can I talk to you for a sec?” Buffy called to the demon.

“Buffy! What are you doing?” Xander hissed from somewhere behind her.

The demon swung his head around and glared at the slayer. He stood and started to advance on her, he raised his fist readied to strike.

Buffy pulled a small fireball to her palm and let it zoom past the demons head, singing his ear.

“If your going to be rude then I’m going to hurt you, now do you feel like talking?” Buffy asked simply.

The demon stopped in his tracks and narrowed his eyes at her.

“You really want to talk to me, this isn’t a trick?” he questioned, his voice had a guttural edge to it but Buffy could understand him perfectly.

“I really want to talk to you, why are you doing this? See what you’re doing is going to end this world and I kinda live here.” Buffy asked and explained in one.

The demon seemed to let out an enormous sigh.

“I have to get home; I haven’t seen my girls for months. We’re at war with a rival clan, I came here to get weapons from the humans and now I can’t get back I have to see my girls.” The demon said in all on an exhale.

“Your daughters?” Buffy questioned his reference to his girls.

“No, my wives.” The demon explained and Buffy just made a silent ‘O’ with her mouth. Behind her Spike chuckled.

“Okay, if I can help you get home will you give up on trying to destroy my world?” Buffy made him the offer and the demon looked at her suspiciously again.

“Why would you help me?” the demon asked curiously.

“Because all you’re trying to do is get home, and if it can stop you trying to end my world and I can do this without killing something I think that it’s something for everyone.” Buffy answered honestly.

“I am D’Shil.” The demon held out his hand politely. Buffy took a step forward and shook his hand.

“I’m Buffy. Now why don’t you tell me about your home and we can start researching.” Buffy crouched down to sit on the floor and the demon followed suit.

Giles stared at Buffy in horror as she looked at him expectantly.

“Are you getting this down Giles? You’re going to have to research.” Buffy spoke and then turned back to listen to D’Shil.

**

Giles and Willow made it back from his apartment in record time, Giles didn’t like leaving Buffy with this demon but Xander and Spike had stayed with her. It turned out that a simple relocation spell could send D’Shil home so he and Willow had prepared everything they needed.

When they returned to the hell mouth Giles stood in shock at what he witnessed.
Buffy was sat cradling D’Shil’s head against her chest, her head tilted to the side to avoid his horns. She was patting him on the back as D’Shil sobbed his heart out.

Xander looked on disgusted while Spike glared at Giles.

“What’s the matter watcher? Never seen a demon cry before?” Spike ground out.

To make matters worse Riley strode into the collapsed building and took one look at Buffy and went straight for his gun.

“What is it with you and that fucking gun? Feel the need to compensate for something?” Spike demanded to the soldier.

“Riley what are you doing here?” Giles questioned wearily as Riley just gaped at him.

“I came to help. Can anyone else see Buffy with that demon? Quick, stand back Buffy.” Riley called to Buffy and she rolled her eyes again.

“Can someone kill him?” she called hopefully, D’Shil looked up and sniffed.

“I could if you’d like.” He offered and Buffy smiled gratefully at him.

“That’s very kind but I was sort of joking.” Buffy smiled happily at the big red demon.

“Riley I think you should just leave. Now Riley.” Giles cut him off as Riley opened his mouth to protest.

Buffy threw a grateful look to Giles and she tapped D’Shil on the shoulder.

“You ready to go home big guy?” she smiled and the demon sniffed again and wiped his nose with back of his hand.

“I really don’t know how to thank you for this. If you ever come to X’usl, you look me up.” He stood back from Buffy as Giles and Willow set up the diagrams and spell around him.

Giles and Willow chanted together, the air seemed to haze and then D’Shil was gone.

“So who’s hungry?” Buffy asked before turning to walk out of the ruins of her old high school.
Chapter 27 by Palerider
An's: Not a long chapter I know, but where would a PR fic be without it's token song? The song is long but it's a great song. Heartbrakingly honest, for those who haven't heard it, go download it. It called Dry your eyes by The Streets.

**

Chapter 27

Buffy sat in the Bronze with her friends. Giles had decided to opt out on the prospect of the crowded Bronze; he told Buffy in no uncertain terms that he wished to speak to her tomorrow, in detail.

Buffy was delighted to see Tara turn up, she spent a good amount of time asking questions and trying to get to know the girl that had captured Willows heart, Buffy smiled each time that Willow threw grateful looks in her direction.

However Spike was another matter, he avoided her look no matter what. She ignored Xander and every time he cast a barbed remark in her direction. It helped greatly that Anya poked him, hard every time he did.

The tunes of a soft slow song drifted through the Bronze and she was surprised when Spike turned to her, staring at her intensely.

“Dance with me.” He held out his hand and Buffy took it and followed him onto the dance floor.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck as Spike held her tightly around the waist.

“I’m leaving. Tomorrow.” Spike spoke into her hair. He knew if he looked at her, he’d cave and ultimately he would stay so she could tell him that she didn’t want him.

“Oh.” Was all Buffy could manage, she buried her face deeper into his neck and clung to him.

The song changed and an even softer song began.


In one single moment, your whole life can turn around
Stand there for a minute, starin' straight into the ground
Looking to the left slightly, then looking back down
The world feels like it's caved in, proper sorry frown

Please let me show you how we could only just be for us
I can change, and I can grow, or we could adjust
The wicked thing about us is we always have trust
We can even have an open relationship if you must

I look at her, she stars almost straight back at me
But her eyes glaze over like she's looking straight through me
Then her eyes must of closed for what seems an eternity
When they open up she's lookin' down at her feet



Buffy heard as the apparent English voice sang the words that seemed to pierce her soul. She felt Spikes hands tighten around her waist.


Dry your eyes mate
I know it's hard to take, but her mind has been made up
There's plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you've got to walk away now
It's over



Willow stared out at her best friend dancing with a vampire and tried to blink away the tears that were threatening to spill. Pain radiated from the two of them as the clung together in desperation. She felt Tara clasp her hand and smiled sadly at her.


So then I move my hand up from down by my side
Shaking, my life is crashing, before my eyes
I turn the palmt of my hand up to face the skies
Touch the bottom of her chin and let out a sigh

Cause I can't imagine my life without you and me
There's things I can't imagine doing
Things I can't imagine seeing
It weren't suppose to be
Easy, surely, please, please
I beg you, please

She brings her hand up towards where my hands rested
She wraps her fingers round mine with the softness she's blessed with
She peels away my fingers looks at me and then gestures
Of pushing my hand away to my chest, from hers.



Spike kissed Buffy softly on the head and let the feeling of holding her imprint on his mind. He was so proud of the way that she had dealt with D’Shil. Savouring the feel of her he continued to sway with her.


Dry your eyes mate
I know it's hard to take, but her mind has been made up
There's plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you've got to walk away now
It's over

And I'm just standing there
I can't say a word
Cause everything's just gone
I've got nothing
Absolutely nothing

Tryin' to pull her close out of bare desperation
Put my arms around her, tryin' and change what she's sayin'
Pull my head level with hers, so she might engage you
Look into her eyes to make her listen again
I'm not gonna fucking just fucking leave it all now
Cause you said it will have been forever and that was your vow
And you're gonna let our things simply crash and fall down?
You're well out of order now, this is well outta town
She pulls away my arms to tightly clap around her waist
Genently pushes me back as she looks at me straight
Turns around so shes now got her back to my face
Takes one step forward, looks back
And then walks away

Dry your eyes mate
I know it's hard to take, but her mind has been made up
There's plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you've got to walk away now
It's over


I know in the past I've found it hard to say
Telling you things but not telling straight
But the more I put on your hand and say
The more you...pull away



As the song ended Buffy tried to swipe the tears from her eyes without Spike seeing. Spike pulled back from her and looked into her eyes.

“You’ll come and see me off tomorrow night?” Spike let the hope sound in his voice and Buffy nodded.

“You bet.” Buffy almost choked on the words. He was leaving.

“Until tomorrow then.” Spike leaned in and brushed his lips against hers and then he was gone. Buffy waited for a few beats before heading out of the Bronze. She couldn’t just let him go like this. Buffy headed back to her mom’s house. She had a plan and by god was it going to work.
Chapter 28 by Palerider
**

Chapter 28

Buffy was lying in her old bed staring at her old ceiling. It was strange to be back in her mom’s house, it was even stranger lying in bed without Spike. The evening before had been different, she had been exhausted from the interrogation and intervention. She would have slept standing up.

But now lying here alone with nothing but her thoughts she felt hollow. Sighing she turned over and closed her eyes, she could pretend to sleep if nothing else.

About a half hour later Buffy heard rustling at her window, she made a mad dash for it, her heart full of hope. Yanking the window up, she met a surprised Spike. She grabbed him by his duster and pulled him through the window.

When he landed on top of her Buffy let out a huge sigh.

“Thank God.” Buffy whispered before showering his face in kisses.

Spike was confused by her reaction but let her carry on, after all, he reasoned, her friends weren’t here to see. He hadn’t been able to help himself; he had come to watch her sleep for the last time. Unable to stop his own body reacting her fell into step with the kissing.

Buffy moaned when she felt Spike kiss her back, the feel of his silken tongue inside her mouth almost driving her insane with desire. Even though it had only been two days, she kissed him like it had been two years.

Tugging at his duster Buffy managed to push Spike up enough to pull it off him. Next she tugged at his shirt. Spike remained passive throughout this and Buffy wanted to scream in frustration.

Running her hands up and across his chest Buffy felt him shudder, at last she thought, a reaction. Pulling her nightdress over her head, she tossed it aside and lay back on the floor. The rest would be up to Spike, she could sense his reluctance and she knew the reason for it, she wouldn’t push him into this he had to do it by himself.

“Touch me Spike, please.” Buffy whispered and almost cried out at the anguish that rolled across the vampires face.

Spike, never able to control himself around Buffy, crashed into contact with her body, his mouth captured hers in a bruising kiss. Buffy wrapped her legs around him and clung to him for dear life.

Spike ground his erection into her pelvis and moaned as she returned the friction. When he had dreamed of making love to her one more time over the last two days it had always been slow and beautiful but now, faced with the reality, he couldn’t stop himself, the need to be inside her was almost overwhelming.

Tearing his hands from her body he almost tore his jeans open, he shoved them down to his hips and found her entrance with the tip of his cock. He thrust himself inside her in one movement and then stilled to let her get used to him, and to stop himself from coming with the first wave.

Buffy wiggled her hips impatiently and Spike pulled out a bit before filling her again.

“Yes! Spike! It feels so good, I’ve missed you!” Buffy was babbling as he filled her with each thrust.

Spike couldn’t take the heat of her body, feeling the end coming closer her sped up and deepened his thrusts so he could catch Buffy’s clit with each thrust. With every movement Buffy ground against him, and tightened her legs, trying to hold him inside a little longer.

He could feel her muscles tightening around him and picked up the pace further, it sent Buffy over the edge, he caught her mouth with his own to swallow the scream that was just about to erupt from her mouth and it smothered the noise that came from his as he followed her over the edge.

They lay slumped together on the floor panting. Buffy gave him a little push and he rolled off her. Finding her feet she staggered into a standing position. She looked down at Spike and giggled.

“Come on, get into bed.” She pulled at his arm and when he raised an eyebrow in a surprised look she explained.

“I want to talk to you, the carpet is annoying my carpet burns.” She giggled again at the look on Spikes face.

When they were both in Buffy’s bed she cuddled up to him.

“Will you promise me something?” She asked softly and Spike manage to not utter the word ‘anything’ immediately.

“What’s that luv?” he answered instead.

“Tomorrow before you…go, will you come to Giles’, it’s really important.” Buffy asked hopefully.

Spike could see the routine that Giles had probably done on Buffy, his mind briefly wandered to a public staking.

Buffy could sense his hesitation and quickly spoke.

“Spike I have never asked anything of you, I’m asking you to do this for me tomorrow. Please.” Buffy tried not to sound to pleading.

Spike stared at her for a moment, he would do anything for her, all she had to do was ask. He nodded at her before turning away.

Why oh why was he doing this to himself, prolonging the agony?
Chapter 29 by Palerider
**

Chapter 29

When Buffy woke up Spike was gone, sadness tugged at her heart but she was determined. She hated to leave him hanging like this but it had to be all in one go, and then she could get back to normal.

She got out of bed and made her way downstairs. Her mom waited in the kitchen for her.

“Hey sweetie.” Her mom reached out a hand to tuck her daughter’s hair behind her ear.

“Morning mom.” Buffy answered with a smile.

“Are you sure this is what you want Buffy?” her mom asked her, with only a little sadness in her voice.

“More than anything in my entire life.” Buffy answered simply and Joyce nodded in assent.

“Well I’d better make you a good breakfast then.” Joyce spoke up and busied herself with cooking.

**

Spike spent the day sleeping and the early evening packing. He sorted through his stuff and just took the stuff he needed. Well that and a picture of Buffy. When he was done he hoisted his bag onto his bag and headed out of the crypt. He thought for a moment about ducking out on Rupert’s but he had as good as promised, plus it wouldn’t hurt to see her one last time.

**

Buffy paced Giles floor as she waited for him to come, her heart pounding in her throat at the thought he might not come, it was silly really, they hadn’t fixed a time so he wasn’t late but she couldn’t help but be restless.

She had told the entire gang to be their, now they all sat patiently and every time someone opened their mouths Buffy snapped.

“Not until Spike gets here.”

When Spike finally arrived a relieved sigh echoed through the entire Scooby gang.

Buffy pushed Spike into an available seat and turned to address the gang.

“I asked everyone here tonight because I have something very important to tell you all.” Turning to face Giles in particular she spoke again.

“Spike is leaving tonight.” She let him in on Spikes decision. The hope that filled her watchers face made her cringe.

“I’m sure it’s for the best Buffy.” Giles answered levelly, trying to remain impartial.

“No Giles, you don’t understand. I’m going with him.” Buffy clarified and turned to look at Spike.

“That’s if he’ll have me.” Buffy asked in a shy voice as she looked at Spike.

Spike stared at her in shock for a few seconds. In another second flat he was out of the chair and he gathered Buffy in his arms. He let out a whoop of joy as he spun her around. He settled her on the floor and captured her mouth in a kiss, ignoring every one in the room.

Giles sat with his mouth open, Willow and Tara had a sad smile on their faces, Anya looked delighted but it was Xander who spoke first.

“You are insane, aren’t you?” he demanded harshly.

“He’s a vampire Buffy! He will drain you dry or turn you!” Xander near screamed.

Buffy pulled away from Spike and advanced on her best friend, using her fingers to push him back into his seat she glared at him.

“Now it’s my time to over share since you’re so fond of doing it.” Buffy ground out.

She took a deep breath to steady her self and spoke to Xander again.

“This vampire who will drain me is the same vampire who I have been fucking for six months. The same vampire who has had me in some pretty interesting situations and has not once bitten me, not once has he asked to bite me or for me to open a vein for him.” she should have been embarrassed for sharing so much but she was to angry to care.

“For god’s sake Xander, this evil vampire who only wants me for my blood, spent three days out of every month utterly drunk of his ass when I had my period so he could control himself.” Buffy turned to look at Spike. He ducked his head.

Spike would have blushed if he could, he didn’t think she had noticed, since he tried to ration out the drunken assed nights equally.

Buffy glanced at her watcher who was now polishing his glasses so vigorously that Buffy was waiting for the lens to pop out of the frames.

“I’m sorry if that embarrasses you but I’m trying to make a point.” Buffy pointed out.

“I am trying to make you see the man that I spent the last six months with, the man who helped a demon pick out his wedding suit. The man who had the chance to torture people to his hearts content in hell, as a job, but didn’t have the heart for it.” Buffy smiled at Spike as he stood in awe at her words.

“Giles, you have been my watcher for four years now, I hate to say it but you have no idea. Being in Hell for these past six months has taught me more that the council will ever teach me.” Giles tried to speak but Buffy held a hand up to still him.

“Giles, have you ever thought about it from a demons point of view? How many demons like D’Shil have I killed without finding out why they were doing what they were doing? How many of them were just trying to get home? How many of them left there families without a father?” Buffy demanded mercilessly.

“I’m not saying all demons are good, if they threaten our race then they have to be killed, but what if they just need help Giles?” Buffy let the question hang in the air.

Giles and Xander just stared at her.

Anya stood up from the couch and applauded with loud claps; she ran to Buffy and hugged her.

“I’ve spent s long trying to explain that.” Anya wiped a tear away from her eye and gave Spike a hug for good measure.

“Giles, everyone, if you could just spend some time in Hell with all the people there, you’d understand.” Buffy glanced at everyone in turn.

“Willow, you would love Bubba, you could study with him, you’re so powerful and I’ve seen some of the victims who have let dark magic overwhelm them, I don’t want that happening to you. You could learn so much from him.” Buffy exclaimed passionately and then turned to Giles.

“You could learn so much too, it’s like a whole other world.” Buffy let the adrenaline run out of her. She sagged slightly and Spike was behind her, he wrapped his arms around her waist to give her support.

“That’s all I’m going to say. If Spike agrees, that’s where we’re going, back to Hell. Lou has offered us both jobs.” She looked at Spike hopefully and he nodded before breaking into a huge grin.

Giles stared in disbelief.

“Buffy you can’t just leave, what about your duties as the slayer?” Giles demanded.

“Times passes differently as you know, I won’t age the same, I can come back once a year, which is once a day here so you don’t have any real ground to stand on there.” Buffy answered tightly.

“Buffy I really don’t understand why you’re doing this.” Giles exclaimed.

“Let me clarify. I love Spike; I want to be with him, more than anything I have ever wanted. I’m happy Giles, for the first time in a while I am happy. And you all can’t accept that, so I’m going somewhere I can be happy, is that so difficult to understand?” Buffy felt Spikes arms tighten around her. She turned in his embrace to face him.

“I wanted to say that to you when we were alone but I have to make him understand.” She looked at the amazed look on his face.

“I love you.” She whispered again, only for the vampires benefit.

“And I love you.” Spike answered before kissing her softly.
Chapter 30 by Palerider
A/N's: I know you all think I've fallen of the face of the planet and I offer most humbling amounts of grovelling, I'm sorry there's been no updates for ages I have been away for a couple of weeks, and I have a new pub and a six month old who's teeting, basically I haven't had time to scratch my arse.
But hopefully things should be getting back on track now.
Little chapter I know, but more is coming.


**

Chapter 30

“Buffy I really must….” Giles interrupted the scene between his slayer and the vampire. But Buffy cut him off.

“You really must what Giles? Tell me not to go? Try to tell me all the bad things that Spike has done? I know all this and I still love him.” Buffy heaved a big sigh before addressing the group again.

“I love you guys so much and I’m really going to miss you all but this is what I want. I’m not shirking any responsibilities so there’s really nothing you can say.” Buffy reasoned.

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” Willow exclaimed before running to the slayer and flinging her arms around her. She hugged her tight and over her shoulder the red head spoke to Spike.

“If you hurt her I will beat you to death with a shovel.” Willow warned him, Spike looked at the witch and laughed.

“Please, she slaps me about daily.” Spike joked back.

Xander sat in shock, how could this be happening.

“How can you leave your friends and family, for him?” he asked tonelessly.

“Xander you have been my best friend since I came here but I am so sick of this shit. When we first met, you asked me out, I said no. you got pissed. Then you got possessed and attacked me. You started going out with Cordelia but it wasn’t enough, when Willow started dating Oz you decided that you did have feelings for her. You wrecked your relationship with Cordy and nearly wrecked Willows. You gave me such a hard time with Angel.” Buffy’s rant paused for a second before she continued.

“All the time you pretended like you were worried but that wasn’t it was it? You just weren’t happy unless it was about you, well let me tell you something Xander, we all forgave you for the shitty things you’ve done but this time I don’t care. I love you, but I don’t need your approval or support and if you don’t figure things out soon, you’re going to end up a lonely, bitter old man.” Buffy’s rant finished with a note of sympathy.

Xander stared at his best friend for a moment before getting up and walking out. Anya gave Buffy a helpless look before following him.

Buffy sighed heavily and looked at Willow.

“He has to sort this out by himself, there’s nothing I can do for him.” She tried to explain.

“I know, he’ll come round.” Willow hoped it was true.

“Well Spike and I need to get a few things together before we go, so we’ll see you in a couple of hours.” Buffy turned and looked at Spike, he nodded before following her out the door.

“I can’t believe she’d just leave like this.” Giles spoke quietly.

“Giles, she loves him, and I mean really loves him. She’s all glowy and stuff. And did you see Spike?” Willow exclaimed.

“I can see that her feelings do run deep but…” Willow interrupted the watcher.

“Giles, how did you react when she told you? Honestly?” Willow questioned and watched as Giles’ shoulders slumped.

“Not very well I’ll admit but I just want something better for her.” Giles answered truthfully.

“How do you know that there is something better for her than what she has with Spike? Giles he’d do anything for her. He will keep her safe and by the looks of it, make her happy. Isn’t that what you would want for her?” Willow tried to soften the question.

“He’s a vampire.” Giles stated simply.

“Who hasn’t feed on anything human for about eight months now and still seems fairly happy.” Willow finished Giles’ statement.

Giles just slumped even more and Willow stood up.

“I’m gonna head back to the dorm.” She watched Giles nod absently and let herself out.
Chapter 31 by Palerider
**

Chapter 31

Buffy stood in Giles front room surrounded by her friends and she had never felt more alone. She avoided looking at anyone. A few seconds later she was saved from the awkward moment as Spike came barrelling through the front door with a smoking blanket over his head.

He walked straight to her and kissed her forehead.

“You ready luv?” he asked.

Buffy took a deep breath and nodded. She watched as Spike pulled out a charm and began to chant. Quickly Buffy dived at Willow and gave her a tight hug.

“I’ll see you soon.” She whispered and before anyone could answer a portal had opened and she grabbed Spikes hand and dragged him through.

Heading straight to their room, the minute they were through the door Buffy lunged at Spike. She attacked his mouth, only pulling back to draw breath.

“Tell me it’s worth it. Tell me I’m doing the right thing.” She almost begged.

“Buffy, I can’t do that. All I can say is I love you and if you want to go back then I’ll still love you and we’ll deal with it.” Spike answered kindly as he brushed a hair out of her face.

Buffy leaned in and captured his lips once more. Deepening the kiss she closed the distance between them and moaned happily as she felt the evidence of his arousal pushing against her abdomen.

Reaching a hand between them she cupped him and massaged her hand against his hard on. Spike let out a guttural moan and she smiled. The smile soon vanished as Spike slid a hand up to caress her breast, she gasped as he tugged on her nipple through the material of her top.

A knock came at the door and Spike growled. She let out a little squeak as Spike lifted her into his arms. He turned his head towards the door and shouted.

“Fuck off, we’re busy!”

Buffy giggled.

“It could be important.” Buffy suggested.

“Yeah well I’ve got something more important.” Spike ground out as he lowered her onto the bed and fell on top of her, grinding his pelvis against hers.

“Good point.” Buffy panted as bolts of lust shot through her body.

Tugging at each others clothes, they were soon naked. Buffy watched Spike look over her for a second and smiled in her head, he always got that same look every time she was naked. Like she was the Venus De Milo or some other great work of beauty. It made her flush and want to thank him for letting her feel like that.

Spike trailed a hand down to stroke her nest of curls, but Buffy caught his hand.

“No foreplay, I need you now.” Buffy hissed in the anticipation of being filled by him.

Spike complied and positioned him at her entrance. Buffy shimmied trying to gain more contact and Spike smiled slightly, pressing a kiss to her lips, Spike entered her in one thrust. Buffy moaned throatily as Spike groaned. Buffy writhed under him trying to seek more friction and in the end gave up and flipped them, now on top Buffy rode spike fast, enjoying the sensations of her clit hitting the base of his cock every time she slid down his shaft.

Spike let her set the pace and lost himself in the feeling. Buffy was close, she was riding him with frantic movements and he could feel her muscles fluttering around him. Sliding a hand in between the he stroked her clit a few times before pinching it. Buffy shrieked as the orgasm ripped through her body. As her muscles contracted like a vice around him, Spike followed her over the edge; he bucked his hips as he emptied himself into her.

Buffy slumped onto his chest and Spike brushed her hair out of her face.

“It seems worth it to me, luv.” Spike said softly.

“Huh? Worth what?” Buffy mumbled.
Chapter 32 by Palerider
**

Chapter 32

Giles got up the next morning and was greeted with a white envelope sitting on his table. He frowned as he picked it up, turning it over he opened it.

“Oh Dear Lord.” He sighed as he read.



You are invited to attend the Union of

William Gabriel Stanton
&
Buffy Ann Summers


He never had a second to think on it as Joyce came bustling through his front door with Willow and Tara in tow. He noticed that Joyce was pulling a small case on wheels. The invitations must have been delivered at night, he reasoned, that and everyone had got one.

“It will be fine when we get there girls, don’t worry.” Joyce was saying. She turned around and beamed at Giles.

“You have an invitation then.” Giles stated rather than asked.

“Yes, and we’re ready to go.” Joyce beamed again.

“Giles, are you alright?” Willow asked from behind Joyce.

“Doesn’t this seem a bit sudden Joyce?” Giles tried not to grimace at the thought.

“Of course not.” Joyce bustled, before continuing.

“They have been down there a year or more, Buffy said she’s ready and I support her decision.” Joyce explained in a calm voice.

Giles hadn’t thought of the time difference, a whole year had passed for Buffy.

“Wait, you’ve spoken to Buffy?” Giles asked surprised.

“She’s been back four times since yesterday.” Joyce let out an exasperated laugh.

Giles stared at her for a moment, why hadn’t he seen Buffy?

“She wanted advice on the Union; could you have helped with that?” Joyce asked with a pointed look and a raised eyebrow.

“Probably not.” Giles answered with a disbelieving shake of the head.

“Well, the portal should open up in a minute and we’d better be ready.” Joyce bustled; she cast a glance around the room.

“I guess it’s just us then.” She spoke with a sad glance.

As if by magic, the front door burst open and Anya rushed in dragging an obviously reluctant Xander behind her.

“But Ahn……..” Xander was saying.

Anya stopped abruptly and turned to face him and yelled at him.

“I don’t care if you want to go or not, I want to go and that should be enough, now I swear Xander Harris if you don’t do this I will never give you oral sex or have intercourse with you or anything that includes your pleasure ever again. Do I make myself clear?” Anya stamped her for with an air of finality, without waiting for an answer she swung around and finished dragging him the rest of the way in.

Joyce hid a smile as they all turned to wait.

**

Buffy waited patiently as she saw the portal shimmer into view, she giggled as she heard Giles swear and Willow mutter something as the stumbled out of the portal.

“Mom!” she exclaimed and rushed forward to cuddle her.

“Technically I saw you yesterday.” Joyce joked, but Buffy wiped a tear away.

“Not for me. It was two months for me.” Buffy whispered.

“Buffy! Hi!” Willow nearly shouted.

“Hey Will, you look great! And you Tara!” Buffy was almost giddy.

“Hello Buffy.” Giles spoke in a more refrained tone. He saw Buffy move to hug him but the restrained herself.

“Hello Giles, Xander. Anya you look great.” Buffy spoke with reserve at her two friends who hadn’t shown her any support.

Anya, who was caught up in the giddiness, threw herself at Buffy and the two girls hugged.

“Buffy, what’s with the suit?” Anya broke the happy reunion.

Buffy looked down at her attire and smiled. She was in a white two piece suit.

“I was working until you guys got here, I’m just waiting for Lou to come and take over.” Buffy answered.

“You work?” Giles asked curiously.

Buffy nodded as she spoke.

“I took over Lou’s old job pretty much as soon as we came back. I greet the newly arrived and direct them to where they are supposed to be.” Buffy answered

Before any more questions could be asked Lou popped into existence.

“Hey Buffy, you can go, your friends are probably keen to get to there rooms. There are only three rooms so someone will have to bunk together.” Lou flashed a secret smile to Buffy.

“Lou.” Buffy growled in warning.

“Oh okay, there are four rooms, spoil my fun.” Lou pouted at Buffy and she giggled.

“Joyce, you look fabulous as always.” Lou approached the older woman and they hugged.

“You too, how are everyone?” Joyce asked happily.

“We’re all fine. You mustn’t leave it so long before visiting again.” Lou replied earnestly.

“You’ve visited?” Giles spluttered.

“Twice.” Joyce answered with a serene smile.
Chapter 33 by Palerider
Author's Notes:
Ok, so I am a really sucky author. I know it has been forever since I updated this but I plan on finishing it and my other stuff now.
Thank you to everyone who left reviews and who emailed me.
Chapter 33

Buffy lead them down the yellow painted corridor in silence, she was excited and nervous at the same time.

“So does Spike have a job too?” Willow broke the silence and Buffy grinned at her.

“He has two jobs actually. Three nights a week he plays bartender in the bar upstairs and the rest of his time……..” Buffy trailed off as she reached her room and opened the door and gestured her friends and mom inside with a sweep of her hand.

Buffy nearly burst out laughing when she saw everyone but Joyce stop in their tracks.

For there was Spike the master Vampire with a white towel draped over one shoulder, and on that shoulder, a green skinned baby with fuzzy red hair, fast asleep.

“Wake her up and I’ll eat the fucking lot of you. Not you though Joyce, obviously.” Spike whispered the threat and then looked a bit sheepish at the look that Joyce threw him.

Giles started spluttering as Willow and Tara rushed towards him cooing at the baby.

Joyce parked her suit case upright and walked to Spike.

“Pass Annie over and you can help Buffy get everyone settled.” Joyce gently took the sleeping baby from spike and cradled her in her arms.

Buffy felt another warm feeling in her stomach hearing the baby’s name. Lou and Dave had wanted to name her after Buffy, but Spike had put his foot down at the idea of naming her Buffy. So they had called her Annie.

“You baby-sit?” Xander demanded incredulously.

“Yeah, what of it?” Spike answered gruffly. He had been delighted when Lou had asked him to look after Annie. Buffy wasn’t really child friendly so Spike had jumped at the idea.

“You’re a vampire.” Xander pointed out stupidly.

Spike was going to answer but Joyce beat him to it.

“Everyone down here are demons, you better get used to it or you might find yourself sharing a cell with someone. By accident of course.” The evil smile that played on Joyce’s lips was hilarious thought Spike.

Xander swallowed loudly and took a step back.

“Spike, why don’t you take the girls to their room and I’ll show Giles and Xander and Anya to theirs.” Buffy interrupted with a giggle.

“She’s been fed and changed; she’s teething so I don’t recommend you put your fingers in her mouth.” Spike began to fuss around the baby and Joyce gave him a pointed look.

“Fine, find out the hard way but she has got a beautiful set of fangs on her.” Spike smirked but Joyce just gave an ahhh and lifted the baby’s lip to have a look.

Spike shook his head and walked over to Willow and Tara.

“Come on witches; let’s go see your room. Willow, Bubba wants to see you today, we won’t have much time tomorrow after the Union.”

Buffy smiled as she watched them all walk out.

Buffy watched as Anya ran around her room, pointing out all of the excellent features. She laughed when Xander took an interest in the huge tub that took up most of the bathroom. She left them to it and directed Giles further down the hall to his room.

She opened the door for Giles and started pointing out the great features that he had but she noticed that Giles was just staring at her.

“I don’t want to hear it Giles. This is meant to be a really happy time for me, so if you’re going to go all judgementally then I don’t want to hear it.” Buffy sighed unhappily.

“Are you really happy Buffy?” Giles asked as he sank into a sitting position on his bed.

“Extremely, in fact I’ve never been happier; I didn’t think it was possible to be this happy.” Buffy answered goofily and then sighed again.

“I know you don’t get it Giles, but I love him and he loves me.” Buffy spoke softly and genuinely.

“I’m really sorry that you have felt that you couldn’t talk to me about this. Your right, maybe I don’t get it, I think maybe I’ll never get it but if this is what you want then I support your decision.” Giles spoke just as genuinely and Buffy felt her heart swell.

Of all the people who she wanted on her side, her substitute dad would be up there on the top of the list.

She launched herself at her watcher and threw her arms around him. Giles caught her and held her to him. After a few minutes he patted her shoulder, a little bit awkwardly.

“Thank you Giles, I’ve hated this last year, not being able to talk to you.” Buffy wiped at the few tears that had fallen down her face.

“This last year?.. Oh Buffy, it’s only been a day for me. I’m so sorry I really didn’t think how this might affect you.” Giles felt some of the tension ease away now that they had talked.

“So Spikes a Nanny.” Giles chuckled and dodged quickly as Buffy tried to cuff him around the side of the head.
Chapter 34 by Palerider
Chapter 34

The morning of the Union found the Scooby gang running backwards and forwards. Spike watched in amusement, and crept away silently after Joyce burst into tears for the fifth time.

He made his way up to the bar in the elevator, as the doors swished open he stifled a curse when he saw Xander sitting at a bar stool. As he made his way over, a couple of demons stopped to pat him on the back or give him a manly hug.

Xander watched Spikes approach and he wanted to scream, all these people, no demons, were treating him like the prodigal son or something. Xander didn’t get it, this wasn’t the way it was supposed to be.

“Well, if it isn’t dead boy junior, the hero by the look of things.” Xander announced sarcastically when Spike reached him.

Spike saw a couple of demons looking there way and bit back a curse.

“Look Whelp, no matter what you say it’s not going to touch me today, one because Buffy would kill me if I ate you, two, your in the middle of Hell, who the fuck do you think all these demon’s are going to side with?” Spike eased down onto the stool and signalled the barkeep.

When two glasses were placed in front of them Spike ushered one over to Xander. He picked up his own shot and downed it in one.

“You know, it don’t matter what you think of me. If you keep giving Buffy grief over this, you’ll lose her. She’ll pick me.” Spike spoke conversationally.

“See, that’s what I don’t get! When did picking demons become the right thing to do?” Xander blurted out.

Spike caught the barkeepers scowl and shook his head.

“I ain’t gonna give you the speech that includes you dating a vengeance demon…” Spike began but Xander cut him of.

“She’s an ex-vengeance demon!” Xander gritted.

“Don’t matter mate, she still off-ed thousands. And she still would be if she hadn’t lost her powers. The point is, and what Buffy and Willow accept is that she’s not killing people now and you love her.” Spike spoke gently.

“Now, we’re not doing this again. You either accept it or you don’t. I don’t give a shit either way but what your doing hurts Buffy.”

Spike stood and pushed his stool back against the bar. He looked at Xander.

“Oh man, this doesn’t mean that I like you.” Xander grumbled and stood up.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Spike laughed and smacked him on the back.

“Just think how happy Anya will be when she sees how nice your being.” Spike pointed out.

“She would be very happy, wouldn’t she?” Xander mused with an excited face.

They headed back to the elevator. Xander with a hopeful glint and Spike with a soft look on his face.

**

Giles sat next to Joyce in the ceremony hall and fingered the collar of his starched shirt.

“Stop fidgeting.” Joyce scalded under her breath.

“I can’t help it, all these demons. I’m torn between declaring war and finding my notepad.” Giles whispered back and Joyce sniggered.

Unfortunately the sniggering turned into sniffling. Giles sighed and dug the second handkerchief out his pocket and passed it over.

“She looked really beautiful Rupert.” Joyce took the hanky and dabbed at her eyes.

“I know Joyce, really beautiful.” Giles patted the mother of the bride’s hand.

“And, Spike, he looks so handsome.” Joyce continued.

“Hmm.” Giles answered non committed way. Giles was still in shock at the sight of seeing William the Bloody head to foot in a white suit. Giles still couldn’t decide if it covered blaspheme.

At the other end of the hall Spike paced while Dave tried to calm him down.

“Spike, calm down will you, it’s not like she’s not going to turn up.” Dave joked.

“Why would you say that?” Spike demanded and Dave gave a large gulp.

“Spike, it will be fine.” Dave covered awkwardly and gave him an awkward pat on the shoulder.

Music flowed through the hall and Spike froze. He turned to see the entrance of the hall.

Willow and Lou walked slowly down the aisle; both looking beautiful in forest green floaty dresses but Spikes eyes strained to see passed them. When he caught sight of Buffy he felt his unneeded breath catch in his throat.

Buffy walked behind them, the white dress that she wore floated around her and she smiled so brightly that Spike swore that it was pure sunshine he was seeing.

He waited patiently for her to reach him and then had to control the urge to grab her and kiss her. Buffy smiled knowingly and whispered.

“Not long now.”

Spike grinned back at her. He took her hand and together they walked to the centre of the steps in front of the demon performing the ceremony.

The demon nodded and they knew it was time to begin.

Buffy raised her hand and placed it over Spikes heart, and she watched as Spike placed his hand over hers.

Buffy and Spike listened while the demon spoke the words of the Union and then repeated them together.

“My blood, my love, my pain, my devotion I will offer you all of my days,
Until the powers chose fit to have us part ways.”

They joined hands and raised them to shoulder level. Spike slid his fingers in between Buffy’s and they clasped their hands tightly together.

They joined their raised hands and the demon bound each wrist in a cord, he went to the alter and returned with two daggers, he thrust both daggers into each of there bound hands and the crackle of power went through the room. Not to mention a few gasps from the odd human.

“Who here supports this union?” the demon intoned and Lou and Dave stood and answered as one.

“We do.”

“You give your love, support and the oath to stand by this Union.” He asked and they answered again as one.

“We do.”

He returned to the impaled couple and removed the daggers, Buffy turned and watched as he brought the daggers over to Lou and Dave. She felt her eye’s well up as she noticed that Lou was crying.

They held there upturned palms to the demon, a small male demon approached and held a bowl under Dave’s hand as the demon used one of the daggers to open the skin. Dave bled into the bowl, and then the small demon brought the bowl to Lou’s hand and repeated the action. She winced slightly as her skin opened but bled into the bowl. Again the crackle of power filled the room.

The demon returned to Buffy and Spike and unbound their wrists.

“You are joined.” He announced and the hall erupted into cheers.

Spike grabbed Buffy and kissed her soundly.

Once the crowd had settled down the demon who had performed the ceremony made an announcement.

“Buffy and Spike have their own ceremony that they’d like to share with you.” He announced in a loud voice.

The hush that settled over the hall was almost comical Spike thought. Oh well it was no or never.

They still stood on in front of the alter, Spike searched Buffy’s eyes for a look of doubt but she just nodded happily.

Spike watched as she pulled her hair to one side and offered her neck to him.

Without looking anywhere but her neck he felt his face shift and he lowered his mouth to her pulse. His fangs sliced through the skin there and he felt her blood fill his mouth, he swallowed twice before whispering.

“Mine.”

Buffy sighed and answered.

“Yours.”

When spike lifted his mouth away from her neck he kissed her gently. Buffy fastened her mouth to the vampire’s neck and used her blunt teeth to bite down hard enough to break the skin; she pulled a mouthful of blood into her mouth and swallowed before whispering.

“Mine.”

Spike shivered as he felt the power rush through his body and he nodded.

“Yours.”

More power crackled around the pair. Then they kissed again.

Giles sat staring at his slayer and the vampire. Shocked didn’t even really cover it.

Joyce beamed happily, and he shook hi head.

A number of demons approached Joyce and handed over wads of cash.

“I told you that they’d claim each other.” Joyce announced smugly and Giles fell back on the age old tradition of whipping off his glasses to clean them.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=3048