Cold Comfort by Smudgiboo
Summary: Set earlly season 3. After having to kill the man she loves, Buffy flees to L.A. heartbroken and ready to give up. Until one night she is rescued by an unlikely savior. This was written for the LJ Valentines Day Fictathon at Holiday_BTVS.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 7933 Read: 12318 Published: 03/02/2007 Updated: 03/25/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Smudgiboo

2. Chapter 2 by Smudgiboo

3. Chapter 3 by Smudgiboo

4. Chapter 4 by Smudgiboo

5. Chapter 5 by Smudgiboo

6. Chapter 6 by Smudgiboo

Chapter 1 by Smudgiboo
Throwing the remaining dishes in the dirty bus pan, Buffy winced. This is what her life had become, serving greasy food to unappreciative lowlifes in a roach infested diner.

“Are we still on for tomorrow?” Sylvia asked breaking Buffy from her thoughts.

“I don’t know Sylvia; I don’t exactly have any party clothes, especially for a masquerade ball.” Buffy sighed.

“I told you my sister has the key to U.C.L.A.’s Drama Department, where they keep all the costumes. She is an assistant to the stage crew manager. Just come by my place tomorrow and we can head over and pick something out.”

Buffy bit her lip trying desperately to think of an excuse not to go to the party. Sylvia sensing her friends doubts pleaded. “Come on…it’s Valentine’s Day! I can’t go alone!”

“Fine I will go, but only if you promise if we get there and I hate it we can leave!” Buffy huffed.

Sylvia jumped up and down squealing “I promise…thank you sooo much.”




********************



After cleaning the last of her tables Buffy started the short walk home. In the months since she had left Sunnydale, she had encountered her share of vampires, but unless attacked she simply let them be. Buffy knew this was wrong, it went against everything she had once held dear, but she wasn’t that girl anymore. After killing the man she loved to save the world she was merely a shell of her former self. Gone was the bright eyed optimistic girl who had defeated The Master, in her place was a woman that was barely recognizable. She had become hardened, with an impenetrable wall vigilantly guarding her shattered heart.

As she walked down the abandoned alley contemplating her life and the path it had taken, her slayer sense alerted her to trouble. Unfortunately she was so lost in her thoughts, she felt the vamps only seconds before a large boot slammed against the back of her head. Buffy flew face first hard into the pavement. Slightly dazed she quickly jumped to her feet whirling around to face her attackers.

There were three vampires circling her. Two of them were smaller fledglings too eager and stupid to be any real threat, but the third one was bigger and obviously older than the others. No problem Buffy smiled to herself reaching for the stake she always kept in her waistband, only to come up empty.

“Looking for something… Slayer?” The beefy vampire spat, picking up her fallen stake from the ground.

Oh Shit Buffy cursed as one of the smaller vamps charged her from behind. Easily evading his attack, the blonde grabbed the impatient vamp by the head and smashed his face into her knee. Buffy managed to summersault over the fallen vamp, just as the second struck, sending him flailing into his fallen comrade. Buffy scanned the alley for anything she could use as a weapon, noticing a crow bar near a dumpster. She took off running nearly reaching the dumpster, when big, meaty arms enveloped her, tackling her to the ground.

Before she could counter the attack, a series of powerful blows repeatedly covered her head and face. After a moment, Buffy stopped struggling allowing the assault to continue. She realized then and there that she could no longer fight; she had no more left in her. As she began to lose consciousness, she embraced the freedom to finally let go of all her pain. When the vampire finally stopped hitting her, Buffy lay battered and bloody on the hard pavement of the dirty alley, waiting for the bite. It never came. Instead, she felt herself being gently lifted off the ground as her world turned black.


*********************


As Buffy slowly awoke, she felt weak, dazed and naked? Yanking the sheet up to cover her body, she quickly scanned the room. She was alone. Trying to piece together the events of the previous evening her hand went immediately to her neck. There was no bite mark. Her wounds from the fight had been treated and bandaged. How? she wondered. Buffy was so sure last night was the end, but instead she woke up alone and naked in a strange hotel room.

After pondering her situation for a moment Buffy finally shrugged. Finding her discarded clothes, she quickly dressed and slipped out of the hotel room. The bright sun made the pounding in her head almost unbearably; she contemplated retreating back into the cool darkness of the dank room, but decided it would be safer to make her way home.

As she limped into her small apartment she realized it was already early afternoon. Buffy had just crawled into her bed when she heard a knock at her door. Sylvia.

“Anne I know you are in there and I am not going away until you open up” Sylvia hollered.

Knowing the girl would make good on her threats she opened the door. Sylvia smiled her big brown eyes shining. She wasn’t an overly attractive girl, but her enthusiasm was contagious.

“All right Anne, why didn’t you show up at my house?” Sylvia questioned.

Buffy still couldn’t get used to people calling her that. Even months later every time she heard someone call her Anne, she turned around to see who they were talking to. But now it was undeniable Buffy Summers the Chosen One was dead. All that remained was Anne Slinger of Slop.

“I’m sorry I guess I overslept” Buffy lied knowing the girl would never believe the night she had.

“Well hop in the shower and let’s get going! The party starts at nine!” Sylvia commanded.

The trip to the college had been an emotional one for Buffy. The costumes were beautiful. Sylvia had suggested she try on an elegant emerald Victorian style gown. The dress was a perfect fit, but when Buffy looked in the mirror she was instantly flooded with memories of Halloween, when she had tried to impress Angel with a similar gown. She could not get the gown off fast enough. After what felt like hours she finally settled for a red sequined flapper type mini dress.

Sylvia’s sister Renee’ had insisted on doing their hair and make up, so by the time they left the college it was already ten o’clock. As the cab pulled up to the large mansion Buffy gasped. “Oh my God! Are you sure we are invited?”

Sylvia suddenly didn’t look so confident. “Yeah, Renee got us the tickets. There supposed to be celebrities here and everything!”

The pair was met with frowns and whispers as they stepped from the dingy cab. Making there way up the large stone steps, they were greeted by a big beefy man in a tux. Buffy let out a sigh of relief when he accepted their invitation and opened the large doors allowing them to step inside.

Once inside the girls were awe-struck, as they were lead through the foyer into the ballroom. The size of the room reminded Buffy of her high school gymnasium, without the smell of sweaty socks. The room was lined a huge wall of windows covered with elegant draperies. Large columns decorated with fresh flowers and walls draped with ivy gave the room a Garden of Eden type theme. On the far wall there was a large stage with a band playing. Servants with shiny silver trays full of Champaign and hors d’oeuvres scampered around the hall.

“Let’s split up and mingle.” Sylvia whispered.

Buffy’s eyes widened “Split up? Why?”

Sylvia smiled “The hotties will more likely approach a woman if she is alone. We can meet by the bar in thirty minutes.”

As her friend walked away, Buffy huffed “How can you even tell who is a hottie? Everyone has a mask on.”

Deciding a drink would calm her nerves Buffy made her way to the bar. She had just ordered a rum and diet coke when she felt familiar tingles on the back of her neck. Vampire she thought as turned to scan the room. There was no way to tell who was a vampire in this crowd and by the strength of the tingles there was more than one.

Gulping down her first drink, Buffy ordered another and turned back to the bar. She closed her eyes silently reminded herself it’s no longer my problem.
Finished with her second drink, Buffy waited hoping the effects of the alcohol would dull her shame. Unfortunately it didn’t seem to be working.

She was about to order another rum and diet coke when she felt a cool hand on her arm. Buffy felt a hard body pressed firmly against her. As soft lips brushed against her ear the stranger spoke “Hello, luv.”
Chapter 2 by Smudgiboo
Author's Notes:
I wrote this for the LJ community Holiday_BTVS's Valentine's Day fictathon. The requirements were
1. Angst
2. A Celebrity
3. A Fight

//Thanks to Vampgirly for the beta!
“Hello, luv”

Buffy froze Spike! Master Vampire! Danger! Her mind screamed. Her body however, had a mind of it’s own. She felt his hard body pressed against her and his cool lips on her ear. Her senses were humming. It had been too many months since she had been touched by someone in such an intimate way. Spike’s not a someone; he is a vampire her mind screamed, and yet she found herself wondering. Has he always smelled so good? Were his lips this soft? Buffy closed her eyes, getting lost in the sensations.

Spike had expected many things as he approached the slayer, anger, pain, maybe even dust…but arousal?

Lifting his head in the air, his nostrils flared at her sweet scent. It wasn’t the first time he had smelled the musky essence. She had often become aroused when they fought, but he had always figured it was the fight itself that was making her hot. His cock jumped, forcing Spike to take a step backward. The last thing he needed was the slayer knowing she had affected him. Besides it wasn’t like he was really attracted to her, he reminded himself.

“Whas’ a matter slayer, something bothering you?” Spike teased.

Hearing him call her slayer broke her from her thoughts. Whirling around to face him, she paused. He looked so…different. His hair was slightly longer, with a riot of curls replacing the usual slicked back look. He looked younger, softer…Buffy shook her head what is wrong with me?

“What the hell are you doing here Spike?” She feigned disgust.

“It’s a party slayer, you know where people come to drink and be social” Spike smirked.

“You’re not people bleach boy! You’re a demon!” Buffy spat, feeling the need to not only remind him, but her as well.

“Yeah, well you would be surprised how many demons there actually are at this here party slayer. Hollywood is full of ‘em.”

“Oh yeah right! I’m sure a demon could be famous.” Buffy snorted.

“See that chit over there with all the gits hangin all over her?” Spike directed her attention to the center of the room.

“Oh my God that is Paris Hilton! I suppose you are going to tell me someone with her is a demon?” Buffy eyed him skeptically.

“Actually, luv she is. A vampire to be exact.” Spike stated,

“Oh right Spike, she’s a vamp?” Buffy giggled.

“It’s true! Think about it slayer, does anyone see her during the day? Ever heard of her before a couple years ago? Damn slayer, you really are off your game if you can‘t even spot a vamp anymore.”

Buffy focused closely opening up her senses, after a moment her eyes popped open. “Oh my God, she is a vampire!”

Spike chuckled “Relax slayer, no need to go staking ‘er. When you’re that rich you don’t need to kill to feed. You have them bloody well standing in line.”

“Stop calling me that” Buffy whispered.

“Calling you what? Slayer? What you undercover or something?” Spike taunted.

“No, I’m just not…that anymore,” she breathed.

Spike cocked his head to the side appraising her. “What do you mean you’re not the slayer anymore?”

“I quit” Buffy stated looking away.

“Oh you quit” Spike chuckled “Funny I didn’t realize it was that easy. I thought it was some kind of bloody sacred calling.”

“Fuck you Spike! I don’t need you telling me about what a slayer is. Why don’t you just get out of here before I remind you what a slayer is.” Buffy grinned.

Spike took a menacing step closer “Oh yeah, just like you showed those vamps last night in the alley?”

Her eyes widened how does he know? “I don’t know what you’re talking about!” she muttered turning to walk away.

Spike grabbed her arm yanking her flush against him “I’m talking about three vamps, one big and mean and two little fledglings. Three vamps that got the better of you. Three vamps that are only dust because of me!”

Buffy gasped it was him. He had saved her.

“Why?” she whispered not sure if she had actually said it out loud.

Why? This was a question he had been asking himself all day. Why save her? Why take her to safety? Why clean her wounds? Spike suddenly released her, shoving her back away from him. He gave her the only answer he had come up with.

“I figured wasn’t right for you to go out like that. Not even fighting.” He looked at her intently “Why weren’t you fighting?”

“What? I don’t know what you thought you saw Spike, but…”

He grabbed her arms cutting her off mid-sentence “Cut the bullshit slayer. I’ve fought you! You are one of the best I’ve ever seen. They didn’t beat you! You let them win! Don’t get me wrong I don’t give a rot if you live or die, but the question is, why don’t you care?”

Buffy broke free of his grasp, ran out the door and down the steps. She ran aimlessly into the night. Tears blinded her as they streamed from her eyes. She knew the answer to his question, but the answer was just too painful to bear. Running for miles, she ignored the sounds signaling the approach of her attacker. Suddenly she was tackled, flying face first into the ground.

Buffy grunted as Spike turned her around so she was flat on her back. He pinned her with his strong legs, expecting her to struggle. She didn’t, instead she lifted her head baring her neck.

“Please…just do it” she cried. “I can’t do this anymore. Please, just kill me!”

Buffy closed her eyes. Somehow it was fitting that Spike end her life. He was a warrior, like she had been. A master vampire who had killed two slayers before her. Yes, this would be a fitting death, she decided. She felt his breath on her, but was surprised when instead of biting her; he smashed his mouth against hers.


Please leave a review and tell me what you think
Chapter 3 by Smudgiboo
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone who reviewed. A big thank you to Vampgirly for the beta!
Buffy gasped when she felt his cool lips mash against hers. Taking this as an invitation, Spike nudged his tongue inside, and began gently exploring her mouth.
This is wrong Buffy chided herself as she moaned against his soft lips.

Breaking the kiss, Spike licked and nipped his way across her jaw down her neck.

“What…are you doing?” Buffy managed to ask in a low, husky voice.

Spike didn’t have an answer, none of this made sense to him. Last night he had saved the slayers life, now here he was snogging her in the middle of the woods, when she had practically begged him to kill her.

“If you havta ask I must be doing it wrong.” Spike rasped grinding his erection against her thigh.

Her stomach clenched when his hand came up to cup her breast. Buffy closed her eyes, her skin was on fire feeling his soft lips on her neck, his nimble fingers pinching her nipples, and the evidence of his arousal pressed firmly against her thigh. He was suppose to kill her, instead he was making her feel more alive than she’d felt in months.

Feeling the slayer’s hot little body writhing beneath him was driving Spike crazy. He licked a trail from her neck to the swell of her sequined covered breasts.
Buffy squealed when he bit down her nipple through her dress.

Spike continued his descent nipping his way down her stomach settling himself between her muscular thighs. Buffy felt his rough palms sliding up her outer thighs bringing her dress up until it was bunched at her hips.She felt his cool breath hovering just above her dampened thong.

His nostrils flared as the heady scent of her arousal surrounded him. Flicking his tongue out, he began to lap at the scrap of lace already soaked with her juices. Buffy arched her hips off the ground as low pleading whimpers fell from her parted lips.

Spike smiled, he had never heard a more glorious sound. He ghosted his long fingers over her thighs, gently pushing her panties aside. Dipping his head down he slid his tongue lazily up the length of her dripping slit.

Buffy cried out when she felt his cool tongue exploring her saturated folds. Strong hands snaked around grasping her rounded ass as the vampire continued devouring her throbbing pussy.

“Oh God! Please…” she begged in a low shuddering voice.

Spike paused lifting his head to look at her. please what? he pondered please stop? please continue? Please still kill me?

“Please what luv?”

Buffy whimpered when he lifted his head. “No! Don’t stop!” she screamed in protest.

Spike chuckled diving back between her glistening thighs latching on to her swollen clit. He sucked hard, gently scraping his blunt teeth over her needy bud as she bucked, wailing out her climax.

Buffy’s body shook and seized as wave after wave of pleasure tore through her. She felt Spike crawl up on top of her. Her eyes were still screwed shut, as she tried to regain any semblance of rational thought.
His cool lips once again captured her mouth. His kisses were urgent and hungry causing her still trembling body to once again burn with desire.

Spike broke the kiss “I knew you wanted to dance in to darkness.” he mouthed against her neck.

Buffy’s eyes flew open. In a moment of clarity, she rebelled against her bodies needs and shoved Spike off of her. Standing on shaky legs, she stared down at the stunned blond vamp for a moment before turning and running off into the night.


Spike roared in frustration as he watched the blonde’s retreating form disappear into the night. He could run after her, but that is what had gotten him in trouble to begin with. What had possessed him to kiss her? There she was, baring her neck, begging him to kill her. Why didn’t I just kill her? he chided himself. His aching erection reminded him of the reason that he didn’t.


He couldn’t deny his attraction to the slayer. He still surely would kill her, but not until he shagged her into the ground. Spike groaned remembering how responsive she had been. Oh yeah she won’t be able to resist the Big Bad. Then after he was done with her, he would bag his third slayer. Satisfied with his new plan, he set out to find dinner, before the sun came up.



********************



Wiping the same spot on the counter, for the hundredth time, Buffy sighed. She knew facing Sylvia today would be difficult, but hearing her go on and on about the ‘hot blond’ Buffy was talking to, was the last thing she needed.


No one had to remind her of Spike’s attributes. She remembered all too well how his hard body felt against hers. How could she forget how amazing his cool mouth felt…Buffy quickly admonished herself. He is an evil vampire she reminded herself for the thousandth time today.


She was tired and her feet were sore. So when she felt the tingles on the back of her neck, Buffy sighed. Six fledglings stepped out of the shadows.


“You killed my sire.” on of them hissed.


Buffy rolled her eyes “I have killed so many, you will have to be more specific.” she taunted.


A smaller one growled. “Two nights ago in this alley.”


Buffy smiled no actually Spike did she thought, but was not in any mood for niceties. “Oh let me guess he was big ugly, with bad teeth?”


The fledglings circled her. Tonight Buffy had come prepared. Fearing a run in with Spike, she had taped an extra stake to her upper thigh under her dingy pink uniform. Shrugging off her tattered jacket, she pulled Mr. Pointy from the pocket.


A voice from behind them startled the group. “Havin’ some trouble slayer?” Spike asked strolling towards them.


Buffy’s gasped. He was clad in his signature black jeans, tight black shirt and leather duster. There was a knowing glint in his eye as he watched the slayer gawk at him.


“No Spike! Go away! I don’t need your help!” Buffy snapped, irritated at the master vampires effect on her.


“Not here to help.” Spike informed her, hopping up to sit on a large crate, lighting a cigarette.


“Just here to enjoy the show,” he smirked.


The fledglings were so wrapped up in the arrival of the powerful vampire, they didn’t notice Buffy’s attack. Flipping herself outside the circle, she staked one, while kicking another across the alley. Growling in realization the others rushed forward.


They were all fledglings, so this wasn’t a very difficult fight. Buffy however, was all too aware of Spike’s eyes on her. She couldn’t help put on a show. Her kicks were higher and her moves more choreographed them functional. She moved like a panther dusting them one after another. She was so caught up in her performance, she didn’t notice the one remaining vamp, until she was tackled from behind. Reaching down for the stake taped to her thigh, Buffy heard a sudden roar. The weight of the vampire suddenly disappeared.


She rolled over to see the yellow eyes of Spike. He was vamped out, his chest was heaving. Buffy’s eyes widened, he had no weapon, it was obvious he had torn the vampires head completely off.


Slowly standing she noticed his face had shifted back to his human guise. Narrowing her eyes she punched him hard in the nose.


Rearing his head back, his hand went immediately to his broken nose.


“Oi! What the bloody hell did you do that for?”


“I told you to stay out of the fight.” Buffy spat.


Spike took a menacing step toward her. “Whas’ the matter slayer, still have a death wish.”


Buffy punched him in the nose again. “Did I fight like I had a death wish Bleach boy?


Spike smirked holding his nose “No, up until the end there, it was bloody brilliant.”


“I had it under control.” Buffy huffed.


“Oh yeah? How were you gonna stake him?” Spike asked pointing to her discarded stake on the far side of the alley.


“With this.” Buffy answered pushing her skirt up to reveal the stake taped high up on her thigh.


Spike’s cock hardened further. As if watching her fight wasn’t arousing enough, seeing her tanned muscular thigh was enough to drive him crazy.


Buffy’s breathing increased as she watched the vampire’s eyes rake over her naked thigh. Feeling flush and suddenly self-conscious, Buffy quickly lowered her skirt and scrambled away to find her coat.


“Oh no you don’t” Spike yelled grabbing her arm. “You don’t get to run away from me again.”


“I’m not running away” Buffy snorted freeing her arm “See…walking” She informed him picking up her coat and stake.


“Now…leaving” she said turning to walk away.


Buffy saw a flash a black leather, the next thing she knew her back was pressed against the wall with a very angry, very aroused Spike pressed against her.


“No I don’t think you’re leaving…just yet.” He smiled as his eyes flashed yellow.


Please Leave a Review
Chapter 4 by Smudgiboo
Author's Notes:
Thank you everyone who has reviewed! Sorry I haven't updated this week I have been sick. Thanks for readng!
“No I don’t think you’re leaving…just yet,.” he smiled as his eyes flashed yellow.

Buffy heartbeat thundered in her ears. She knew that the vampire pressed against her had the advantage. His hold on her was that of a predator trapping it’s prey. She had to put some distance between their bodies, both forher own safety and reasons she was not yet prepared to admit.

Buffy relaxed her stance allowing her body to go lax. Hoping to distract him, she wiggled her hips pressing against his erection. Spike growled gripping her tighter. Well that backfired she thought panting. Spike buried his face in the crook of her neck. When she felt his fangs gently scrape along her jugular, a jolt of electricity that shot through her body, leaving a familiar burn in her stomach.

Buffy could feel her resolve weakening. Luckily Spike was also feeling her body begin to submit to his charms. His hold weakened momentarily giving the slayer just enough time to shove his body away and bring her foot up to kick him in the chest.

The vampire flew across the alley slamming hard into a row of dumpsters. Spike quickly recovered and was on his feet.

“There’s my feisty girl,” the vampire taunted bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“I’m not your girl!,” Buffy spat closing the distance between them.

She kicked him forcefully in the head, knocking him back into a pile of trash. Before falling, Spike grabbed her leg and launched the slayer into the wall.

Struggling to stand, Buffy immediately notices Spike is still on the ground. Her eyes widen when she sees the large broken mirror, the vampire had landed on.

“Oh my God!” She yelled limping toward the vamp.

Approaching him, she notices large shards of glass protruding from his torso. He was losing blood rapidly, Buffy knew she had to tend to his wounds.

“Come on,” she said offering her hand.

Spike looked at her questioningly for a moment, then took her hand. Buffy grabbed his arm and wrapped it around her shoulder walking towards the end of the alley.

Spike stopped suddenly ,“where are we going?”

“My apartment is a couple blocks away.” Buffy answers quickly, not able to meet his gaze.

Nodding Spike allowed the slayer to lead him the short distance to her apartment. Neither one spoke a word as she fumbled with her key and opened the door. Releasing her grasp she turned to him.

“Look, the only way for me to patch you up, is to invite you in. I have stakes all around my apartment and if you even think about coming near me, you’re dust! Do we understand each other?”

Spike smirked nodding.

Buffy sighed, “okay come in Spike.”

The invisible barrier disappeared and the two walked into the tiny apartment. Spike was shocked at how the slayer was living. It was a too small to even really call it a studio apartment. It was more like one small room. The only furnishings were a double bed, a small, dingy recliner and a television set. It was dank and dark, not at all like the pink, frilly room he imagined her having. The walls were covered in torn wallpaper, yellowed by smoke and time. The once plush carpet, was worn and stained.

He was about to make a snide comment about the shabby accommodations when he saw the uncertainty in her eyes. She is embarrassed he realized. He knew the demon in him should have relished in her shame, but the man in him wanted nothing more than to put her mind at ease.

“Thanks, this is much better than where I’m staying,” Spike lied

Buffy gave him a small smile and lead him to the small bathroom. She carefully removed his duster and hung it on the back of the door. When she lifted his shirt over his head she saw his body flinch with pain.

“Do you want something…to numb the pain?” Buffy offered.

Spike raised an eyebrow, “that depends what are you offering.”

Buffy’s eyes widened ,“you’re a pig Spike, I was offering some liquor, nothing else!”

“And you’re going to need blood,” Buffy commented surveying his wounds. “I’m not sure where the closest butcher is…”

Buffy was abruptly cut off. “I’m not drinking that bloody pig swill! I’m not some neutered vamp like your precious Angel…”

Spike’s words were halted by a fist slamming in his face. Falling back into the shower stall, he was immediately grabbed around the throat by a very pissed off slayer.

“Unless you want to be a big pile of dust, don’t ever let me hear you say that name again.”

And there it was. It all made sense now He knew Angelus was sucked into Hell, the pixies had told Dru and he had felt it through their familial connection. This must be the reason the slayer had been living like this. The reason she had run and allowed those vamps to get the better of her. Buffy must somehow think this is her penance.

Nodding, Spike struggled to his feet, then sat quietly on the corner of the sink, while she tended to his wounds. He couldn’t ignore how good it felt to have her hot little hands skim across his naked skin. It had been too long since he had been touched.

Spike knew what it was like to feel alone. After pairing up with the slayer, to stop Angelus, Dru had refused to forgive him. She even tried to dust him in his sleep, wailing that her daddy was gone. She had even gone as far as to say that the slayer had covered him in sunshine. He had been wandering around for months before coming to L.A.

“Why are you doing this?” Spike asked suddenly.

“You saved me… now we are even.” Buffy shrugged standing back to survey her handy work.

“Okay you are all patched up,” she smiled exiting the bathroom.

Putting some distance between her and the vamp, she let out a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding.

“Where are you staying?” She asked tentatively.

“I was staying at a warehouse across town, but it is too close to sunrise to make it there now.”

Buffy’s eyes widened “You can’t stay here!”

“So what you just patched me up to send me out into the sunlight?”

Buffy furrowed her brow. This was not part of the plan. Quickly scanning the room, she knew this was a bad idea. It wouldn’t be safe for her to sleep with a master vampire in her apartment.

“Okay, but you have to sleep on the floor,” she crossed her arms defiantly.

Spike crossed the small room and plopped down on the bed.

“Oh come on slayer, you can’t really expect me to sleep on the floor after how badly you injured me.” He said with a mock pout.

“Besides there is plenty of room for both of us.” He smirked as he patted the empty half of the bed.



Please leave a review
Chapter 5 by Smudgiboo
I wrote this for the Holiday_Btvs ficathon. Written for Buffymonmon. The requirements were A celebrity, Angst and A fight! A big thanks to Vampgirly who not only is my beta is has pushed me every chapter to keep writing! Thank you to everyone who is reading this! I am so glsd this site is up again! Now we all can ger our Spuffy fix!





Buffy’s eyes widened at the half naked vampire lying on her bed.

“I…a…need to take a shower.” She said quickly exiting the room.

Spike chuckled at her response. He knew he wasn’t injured that badly. Most of the wounds were superficial and had already started to heal. He also knew that if he hurried he still had plenty of time to make it back to the hotel where he was staying. But what could he say, he was evil. The idea of sharing a bed with the slayers nice warm body was just too tempting.

Just the thought of her in the next room naked and wet made his jeans tighten painfully. Spike pulled off his boots, tossing them across the room, then lifted his hips to remove his jeans. He quickly crawled under the covers when he heard the water stop.

Buffy slowly dried off her tired body. She needed that shower to both clean the diner smell off of her and to put some distance between herself and the annoying vampire who was currently occupying her bed. Slipping on her tank top and sleep shorts, Buffy took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom.

As she walked toward the bed she breathed a sigh of relief that Spike appeared to be asleep. He looked so young and peaceful. The blanket fell just above his hips leaving his naked torso open for her inspection. No matter what else she had to say about the demon in her bed, she couldn’t deny his chest was truly a work of art. As her eyes raked over his chiseled chest and down his muscular abs, her fingers itched to touch his pale, flawless skin.

Walking around the side of the bed, Buffy gasped when she noticed his jeans crumpled on the floor. Oh my God he took off his pants! Her eyes immediately darted to the blanket covering his hips.

Unable to stop herself, Buffy’s trembling hand reached toward the sleeping vamp. His skin was cool and smooth to the touch. Her small fingers began tracing the muscled lines that ran down his stomach and disappeared under the covers. Closely watching his face for any sign of him waking, she gently grasped the edge of the blanket.

Buffy carefully tugged the blanket down past his hips revealing the naked vampire. She had barely had time to take in the sight when a strong hand grasped her wrist.

“Looking for something’ special, pet?” Spike smirked.

“I was…a…just…checking your wounds.” she stammered.

Buffy tried to pull away, but lost her balance sprawling on top of the naked vampire.

“Funny I don’t remember gettin’ hurt down there, but you’re welcome to check it out.” he said thrusting his hips against her.

Buffy struggled to get off the bed, but he was too quick. He rolled them over pinning her hands above her head.

“Get off of me Spike.” Buffy screamed.

“You’re the one who started it slayer. Trying to sneak a peak at my manly bits. I‘m not letting you run away this time.”

His breath was on her face, she could feel the evidence of his arousal pressed against her stomach. A small moan fell from her lips as he licked and nipped at her jaw line.

“Just let it go, luv. For one night just let it go.”

His mouth covered hers in a searing kiss. Slipping his cool tongue past her teeth, Spike moaned into her mouth when he felt her legs wrap around his hips. Freeing her hands he yanked her tank top over her head.

Spike hesitated looking down at her. Buffy was about to cover herself when she heard him whisper.

“Beautiful”

Dipping his head down, Spike bit down on her nipple with his blunt teeth causing Buffy to cry out tightening her legs around his middle. Smirking he continued laving one rosy nipple with his rough tongue while gently pinching the other.

He could feel her wet heat burning him through her thin shorts. Growling he tore the offending material from her body and tossed them aside.

Buffy gasped when she realized she was completely naked. She felt Spikes hard cock nudging at her dripping entrance. His eyes never left hers as he pushed himself inside of her.

“Fuck” He groaned stilling himself.

Spike had never felt anything like this. He was sure he would dust from the searing heat that surrounded him. As her walls stretched to accommodate him, he could feel her muscles gripping his throbbing cock like a glove.

He began slowly moving inside of her. Her pants and moans were driving him wild. She was so responsive, raising her hips to meet each of his thrusts. As his paced picked up, the sensations were almost overwhelming.

He tried desperately to restrain himself not ready for this to be over. Not now, not ever. He was sure this was as close to heaven as his damned soul would ever get. He wanted to saver every stroke, every moan.

As usual his plan was tossed out the window when he felt her walls contract around him. Buffy threw her head back in ecstasy, baring her neck as she let out a long keening yell.

The combination of her pussy clamping down around his cock and the allure neck was too much. His demon burst forward as he sank his fangs deep in the slayers jugular.

When she felt Spike’s fangs pierce her neck, a second more powerful orgasm to ripped through her body, as she felt her vampire lover erupt inside of her. Buffy was still trembling with aftershocks when she lost consciousness.


Sorry for the short chapter! Please leave me a review! Let me know what you think of this chapter
Chapter 6 by Smudgiboo
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed this story. It is my first ever chapter fic and the response had been very kind. Thanks to my beta and friend Vampgirly for everything and to Gillypod for your encouragement!
As Spike took long pulls of the slayers sweet, potent blood, he suddenly felt her go slack in his arms. His cock was still buried deep inside of her. The room was thick with the mingled scent of sex and blood.

Something clicked in the vampire’s head. This was it, his chance to kill his third slayer. He heard her heartbeat begin to slightly slow down.

Spike jerked his fangs from the slayers throat. He looked down at the unconscious slayer beneath him.

No no no no no his mind screamed. His thoughts raced as he swiped his rough tongue over her neck, gently closing the puncture wound.

“Slayer…Buffy…wake up, luv” Spike said the panic evident in his voice.

When there was no response, Spike gently caressed her cheek, peppering kisses along her jawline.

“Come on baby, I know you are stronger than that. Wakey wakey” Spike cooed, his face buried in her hair.

When he heard her small moan, he let out an unneeded breath. She was going to be okay. He wasn’t alone.

As Buffy regained consciousness, she heard Spike’s soft words prodding her awake. She snuggled into his embrace nuzzling against his hard, cool chest.

Spike let out a nervous chuckle, relieved not only that the slayer was okay, but that she wasn’t reaching for the nearest stake for him biting her.

“You okay?” he asked rolling over onto his side.

Buffy whimpered as he slipped from inside of her.

Her eyes widened as she realized what he was referring to. Her hand went immediately to her neck. As her fingers grazed over the two small wounds, she felt a tremor go through her body.

“You bit me.” Buffy stated staring into his stormy blue eyes.

“Yeah…I…uh…” his words were cut off when Buffy placed a finger over his lips.

“You could have killed me. Why didn’t you?” She looked at him with wonder.

“You still have a death wish slayer?” Spike asked annoyed.

“No, it‘s just you could have and you didn’t.” Buffy answered honestly.

“I didn’t want to kill you.” Spike shrugged.

Buffy nodded in response.

Spike lips quirked up in a small, shy smile “We okay then?”

He looked so timid and unsure, not at all like a dangerous Master Vampire. Buffy couldn’t help but want to sooth his doubts. Grabbing the back of his head, she brought him in for a long, hard kiss.


********************


They spent the rest of the night exploring each others bodies until sometime in the afternoon they finally drifted to sleep exhausted, wrapped tightly in each others arms.

Buffy jerked awake when she heard the door open. Spike was standing at the open door. She could tell by the look on his face he had not intended to wake her. He‘s leaving.

“Where are you going?” Buffy croaked with her heart in her throat.

Spike seeing the tears forming in her eyes, rushed back over to the side of the bed. Kneeling down he pulled her to him and softly stroked her hair.

“Kitten, I’m not leaving. I just need to step out for a bit.” Spike explained hoping to sooth her.

It didn’t sooth her. She knew exactly where he was going. She roughly shoved him away from her.

“You’re going hunting?” She asked angrily.

Spike sighed standing up “Buffy, you know what I am. I have to eat.”

Buffy’s could no longer hold back the tears. Rushing forward she grabbed him and pulled his mouth against her throat.

“Here…drink from me.” She sobbed.

Spike growled pushing her away.

“No! You’re not…food!” Spike roared.

Buffy looked at him confused.

“But…you drank from me last night.” She whispered softly.

“That was…different.” He breathed closing the distance between them. “I needed to…taste you…to mark you.”

“Spike if you go out tonight. If you…kill, then…don’t come back.” She knew her voice sounded confident, but she was trembling inside.

Spike turned and walked toward the door.

“I’m not him.” He told her as he stalked out slamming the door.



********************



The next couple of days were a blur. Buffy didn’t even leave her apartment. She felt even more hopeless than she had before Spike had come back into her life. Somewhere in their time together a spark had ignited in her heart. She felt as if she had found someone who understood her pain. Spike was just as alone as she was; she could see it in his eyes…or at least she thought she had.

Buffy fell asleep as she had the past two nights, crying, curled up on the lumpy, tattered chair. She couldn’t bring herself to sleep in the bed. Yet part of her couldn’t bear to leave the apartment…just in case.

When sleep finally claimed her, Buffy could escape into her dreams. In her dream a pair of strong arms gently lifted her from the chair. She was held against a hard chest as soft lips grazed her head. When she felt herself gently placed down on the soft bed, Buffy’s eyes fluttered open.

She was startled to meet Spike’s troubled gaze.

“Wha..” Buffy was stopped when Spike put his hand up.

He started pacing across the room, clearly agitated. Running his hand through his loose curls, Spike let out a nervous chuckle.

“I’m not some poofter who is gonna go and deny what I am. I’m a demon Buffy! I need blood and I won’t drink that pig swill!” He ranted.

Buffy just sat there, half dazed from sleep and shock. She watched him as he paced back and forth like a caged panther. Waiting to see where this was all going.

Spike suddenly stopped and reached in his duster pulling out two bags of blood and tossing it on the bed.

“I’m a vampire! I need blood, human blood. If you have any problem with me nickin it from the hospital…”

Buffy scrambled out of the bed facing him. “You mean…you didn’t…” She was almost scared to finish her question.

Spike rolled his eyes “No I didn’t kill anyone…I couldn’t.”

Buffy looked up at him with hopeful, teary eyes. “Why?”

Spike snorted cupping her face “Cause I’m drowning in you Buffy.”

Smiling, Buffy leaned in brushing her lips against his. Moaning Spike pulled her closer deepening the kiss. Soon they were pulling at each others clothes, as their tongues battled for dominance. There was a gentle desperation in his touch as his calloused hands skimmed across her soft, heated body.

When the last of their clothes were finally removed. Spike gently pushed her back onto the bed, breaking their kiss, as Buffy gasped for air.

“This isn’t just some casual thing for me slayer. If you want me…it has to be for keeps.” He said his eyes boring straight through to her soul.

Buffy felt the tears trailing down her face as she nodded in agreement. She trembled as he crawled up the bed hovering over her body. Spike dipped down nipping at the healing puncture marks on her neck.

“I won’t leave. You’re mine now an’ I’m yours.” He murmured against her neck.

Buffy felt his knee nudge her thighs apart, moaning as she felt his cool length rub against her sweltering heat. They both cried out in pleasure when he pushed inside of her. His strokes were slow and torturously deliberate.

Buffy whimpered lifting her hips trying to increase their rhythm. Sensing her need Spike pulled almost all the way out and slammed back into her, burying himself to the hilt.

“Oh God” Buffy cried out as her first orgasm sent electric shocks all through her body.

Spike growled as he felt her internal muscles clamp down around his throbbing cock. He buried his face in her neck and began thrusting rapidly into her quivering pussy.

Buffys body exploded with pleasure when she felt his face shift and his fangs sink deep inside of her.

“Mine,” he growled against her throat.

“Yours” Buffy panted instinctively grabbing him and sinking her blunt teeth into the side of his neck.

Buffy expected to be repulsed when his warm blood flowed into her mouth, but instead all she felt was a completeness like she had never known.

“Mine” she grunted possessively lapping at his neck.

Feeling her blunt teeth break through his skin Spike roared his climax emptying his cool seed deep in her womb.

“Yours,” he croaked overcome with a sense of belonging he had not felt in over one hundred years.

The lovers lay there entwined and panting for what seemed like hours, before finally drifting off into a peaceful sleep. An unspoken need drew them together. They were kindred spirits, both having loved and lost. The bond they now shared went beyond the marks they wore on their necks. It was that of two tattered hearts coming together to form one. No matter where they went or what they did from here on, they were home.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=25057