Chapter 8 Elsewhere



"I'm telling you Willow, there's something there I can feel it." Tara McClay sat at her antique desk in the middle of her office flipping through files and talking to her girlfriend on the speakerphone.

"But...It's Spike, he's just a kid. She's a woman, a widower, how could there be anything there?" Willows disbelieving voice echoed in the large office.

"He's 19 Willow, not hardly a kid, and very handsome to boot." Tara replied rolling her eyes to herself, "And just because she had a husband who died before does not make her a candidate for the spinsters league. She's still young and she's certainly pretty. I think it would be a good match from what I've seen so far."

"But...." Willow whined, "He's just a baby."

Tara sighed setting aside the case study she was holding and leaning back in her chair, "You've been there since he was knee high, so of course you're going to have some familial feelings for him, but he's an adult now and after the fiasco with Druscilla, I would think you would want for him to be happy no matter what the age difference."

Hearing the quiet logic in Tara's voice Willow relented, "I do, I do. It's just...to
me he'll always be the little boy that I watched after for Giles and An. The little boy I helped wash his scrapes and help build forts in the backyard."

"And he always will be, for you, but it's time for him to find love and if it comes in the form of Buffy, I say for him to go for it." Tara sat back at the desk thinking about the sparks that flew between the two blonds the night before. "And I think we should help them out."

"Well, I do want him to be happy...." Willow's voice trailed off for a second before lowering to a tone of a teenager with a juicy secret, "So tell me witchy woman, what do you have in mind?"





Buffy's House


The phone rang at 2:35 pm waking Buffy from her restless slumber on the couch sofa.

"Hullo?" She spoke into the handheld sitting on the coffee table.

"Buffy? This is Willow. Listen I wanted to invite you tonight, Tara got a big promotion at work and we were going to this little club called the Bronze to celebrate and wanted to know if you would like to come along."

"Uh...I'm not sure. I kinda partied myself out last night." Buffy answered.

"Are you sure, cause Xander was gonna go with a date and Spike's coming..." Willow let her voice trail off thinking, *here's the hook.*

"Xander and Spike are going too? Well, I guess I could pull myself together long enough to celebrate. Besides I'd hate to disappoint Tara."

*Line, and sinker.* Willow high fived the air in front of herself now fully believing that there was definitely some embers worth stoking.

"Great...well, we'll meet you at the club. I'll call Spike on his cell and let him know to give you a ride, unless, you'd rather drive yourself?"

"No, no, that's ok, besides he's too young to drink anyways so he can be designated driver." *That's putting the age difference in the right place.* Buffy thought smugly.

"Yeah, no drinky for Spikey," Willow eyes twinkled as the thought of Spike being to young suddenly tickled her, "He's an upstanding guy, he'll take good care of you I'm sure. So see you at 9:00 pm or so ok?"

"Yep, I'll be there. Thanks for thinking of me. See ya tonight." Buffy said into the phone as she clicked off, her mind already scrambling for what she would wear that evening.

*Did Willow sound sarcastic when she said he would take good care of me?* Shrugging her shoulders Buffy pulled herself from the couch to go in search of her bathing suit.

*I'll just take a nice refreshing dip in my so far unused pool then I'll pamper myself and get ready for the night.* Her heart feeling decidedly lighter than it had been before she had lain down.








An Hour Later

Hearing a splash in the backyard of Buffy's house Spike detoured from his just parked car to her back gate.

"Hello?" He called as he pushed the door open and strode into the backyard.

"Oh hi," Buffy called from where she was standing wringing the water out of her long golden locks.

*Fuck...* Was all Spike's mind could come up with as he gazed on a vision of Aphrodite herself.

Standing at the end nearest the diving board, the sun shown down on Buffy's slender figure carving it out of pure molten gold. His eyes drifted appreciatively over every aspect of her damp skin, taking his time to memorize each and every nuance, each soft curve of her flesh.

Dressed in a deep red bikini that looked to be held on by strings, Spike practically drooled as he took in the rounded breasts restrained by little more than two 3" squares of fabric. His cock coming suddenly and painfully alive reminding him of the tight blue jeans he had on. *She trying to kill me?*

Dropping his gaze lower his eyes ran lovingly across the tight muscles of her stomach, defined an yet still soft, down to her finely shaped thighs and calves. *She is so fucking beautiful.* He thought to himself watching her as she dried herself, patting the dampness away with a beach towel.

Clearing his throat, Spike stuffed his hands into his pants to hide his burgeoning erection, and said, "So Wills tells me we're on for tonight? Thought I'd come by and make sure."

Finally glancing up from her ministrations Buffy smiled widely and nodded, "Yep...You, me and the car make three." She giggled realizing how silly she sounded.

"You'll come over at 9:00 tonight to get me?" She asked.

"Sure luv, just make sure you're dressed to kill, cause you know I'll need someone to keep all the birds off me." He smirked sexily leering at her a little.

"Oh, I'm sure you can handle yourself," She said silkily walking up to him impossibly close before laying her hand on his t-shirted chest and gazing at him from under her lashes, " and don't worry about me you won't even recognize me."

Spike practically purred at her touch, as his hands came out of their pockets to grasp her slender arms, his eyes stormy with want, and his thumbs running softly up and down, sending goose bumps across her naked flesh.

"S'at a promise pet?" He growled his voice dropping sexily as he stared at her full lips, watching as her pink tongue came out to swipe across them.

Buffy's heart started to pound, as Spike pulled her closer still to his muscular body, his blue eyes darkening with lust as Buffy's breathing hitched in her chest.

*Oh god, he's gonna kiss me...* Her mind racing with excitement as Spike dipped his head closer, their lips only centimeters apart.

Leaning down Spike stared into Buffy's lovely hazel eyes, "Till tonight then Pet." His voice smoothing over her like melted ice cream on a hot, hot day.

Brushing his lips chastely against her cheek, Spike dropped his hands from her arms, offered a silly little salute and walked out of the backyard Buffy's eyes following his form in disbelief the whole time.

* Well...DAMN!*