Chapter 7


Buffy fidgeted nervously in the poolside chair waiting for Spike to join her, *maybe I should just go? No, then he'd want to know why and what can I say? Cause I watched you in the shower and now I want to go home and have an intimate one on one afternoon with my 9 inch dildo while I fantasize about your tight, hot body?* Buffy snorted, *I don't think I'd get too far. And THAT would be of the wrong.* Buffy sighed sadly her stomach turning around slowly as she imagined never being with the object of her lustiness. *He's too young for you Buffy, you know this, so why can't you turn off your mind?* She thought to herself sinking even further into the comfortable chair miserably. If she were truly honest with herself she would wonder why she couldn't turn off her heart as well.

As Spike walked out onto the porch a gorgeous grin spread across his face making his cerulean blue eyes sparkle like sunlight on the water. Taking in the sumptuous spread as well as his scrumptious guest his smile got even bigger.

"Looks good pet, why didn't you tuck in? You didn't have to wait for me."

Buffy looked up momentarily startled from her thoughts while sitting up ramrod straight,

"Oh...um...hi...I didn't start because it's rude, and I don't wanna be rude besides I heard a loud bang and I was worried something happened but obviously it didn't cause here you came..er..come..I mean here you are...and I got some fruit out of your fridge I hope you don't...but the strawberries looked really...I also put some sugar and cream...." Her hands fluttering too and fro over the table nervously, finally taking deep breath Buffy grimaced and clamped her mouth firmly shut.

"You ok luv?" Spike looked at her worriedly wondering why she was talking a mile a minute and blushing like a Sunday school virgin.

"Too much coffee." She squeaked before slumping back down trying to make herself into as tiny a ball as humanly possible.

"Um...luv?" Spike looked at her again scarred eyebrow arched, "You haven't drank any."

"Oh," the word came out in an explosive breath, "Well, maybe that's why I feel so weird, ya know, caffeine fixes everything." She smiled a plastered on toothy smile at him, blushing again.

Deciding to let the odd behavior rest for the time being, Spike sat down opposite her and reached for a bagel at the same time she did. Both jumped like they had been electrocuted when their hands touched for a brief instant, before dropping the nefarious bagel back onto the pile.

"G'head."

"No, it's ok. You go ahead."

"Lady's first."

"I think I'll just have some coffee." Buffy said pouring herself the hot black liquid from the decanter next to her. Downing the burning stuff in one gulp, her eyes teared up suddenly and she began to choke.

"Water," she croaked waving her hands in front of her face as if this would help to cool the burning in her tender mouth.

Handing a glass of water to her Spike watched as her face went from flaming red-hot to a more normal golden color. *Christ she even makes choking cute.* He thought to himself as he shifted his weight to a more comfortable position on the chair.

"You ok luv?"

Buffy nodded as she continued to gulp down the cold water not wanting to answer quite yet. *God Buffy,* she silently chastised herself, *could you be more spazgirl? He probably wants to put me in a straight jacket and call the little men in the white coats now.*

"Better?" Spike asked after a moment.

"Better," she replied with a wan smile in his direction, grateful for the dark sunglasses she had put on earlier that hid her brimming eyes as the stress from being so close to him and not being able to touch him came to a head.

"I think I'm just gonna go back home and rest, I'm still feeling a bit punchy, so..." Buffy scooted her chair out and stood looking as if she were about to bolt. "Um...yeah." With that final declaration Buffy Summers practically ran out the side gate to the sanctuary of her own home before the tears started to spill, leaving a thoroughly perplexed Spike behind wondering what in the hell just happened.