*All the little children are laughing...
I'm trying to find a reason to keep from cryin'...*


Buffy walked into her room with the dusty satchel clutched to her chest. It had been three months since they arrived to the new headquarters in England and she still hadn't unpacked the small amount of belongings they had stashed in the bus. She sat down on the bed and unzipped the bag, a small smile forming at the sight of a furry pink pig. She brought it to her chest for a quick cuddle before putting him on the bed. She reached her hand back inside and slowly pulled the doll out.

Raggedy Ann.

God, how she loved this doll. She remembered the days of dragging it around, the dozens of times her mother had washed it. She figured it probably definitely needed a wash now. She brought it to her nose and took a deep breath, only to lose it.

It smelled like-- him.



*I'm just a little girl
I'm Raggedy Ann
Making believe I'm happy, hey...Raggedy Ann Falling apart at the seams...*


~Three Months Earlier~


"What the bloody hell am I sitting on?" Spike pulled the doll out from under him by it's red yarn hair. He brought it around to stare at it, before looking at her, scarred eyebrow raised.

Buffy looked over at him and frowned, a small pout forming.

"It's Raggedy Ann."

Spike pursed his lips together and nodded his head, amusement clearly written on his face.

"Shut up." Buffy narrowed her eyes and batted her hand half heartedly at him.

He dodged her with a small chuckle and brought the doll to his face, breathing deep.

"It smells like you." He took another deep breath before Buffy jerked it out of his hands, stuffing it into the napsack she was packing.

"Give it to me before it starts to smell like you."

He gave her a mock offended look and shot her a quick wink.



*So when did I get so broken?
I wouldn't notice...
Everything just breaks away from me.
Hey! When did I get so broken?
I wouldn't notice...
Everything important leaving me.
Falling apart at the seams.*



Buffy sucked in a breath when her lungs began to burn and buried her face in the dolls tattered body, soaking it with her tears, the memory of him racing through her head.


*Falling apart at the seams...*