*You're my strength, you're my weakness... You're my faith, you're my doubt...*


Buffy followed Dawn as she made her way through the shop, stopping if she saw something that caught her eye and making idle chit-chat. Dawn had drug her out of the house in an attempt to cheer her up and of course getting out of the house meant one thing for Dawn. Shopping.

She wasn't really looking at anything, she just followed Dawn and made the required comments if she found something she particularly liked. Dawn was trying on a ring when something sparkled in the corner of her eye. She walked over to the glass case and felt her breath hitch in her chest.

The silver cross dangled from it's long chain and the the bright blue stone nestled in the middle, shimmered as it caught the fluorecent lights.

She had only seen this color blue belong to one thing.

It was the color of his eyes.

The sales woman saw her staring and walked over to lean on the counter beside her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Buffy barely nodded her head, her eyes trained on the cross. "I've never seen this color of blue before. We just got it in this morning. The stone is Blue Tanzanite from Africa. It's a very rare gem, especially here in England."

The sales woman prattled on, but Buffy payed her no mind. She was caught in the stone, the way it twinkled, not the way his eyes did, but close.

"I'd like to buy this."

The woman paused mid sentence and regarded Buffy with a hopeful smile.

"It's three hundred dollars, ma'am."

Buffy jerkily nodded her head and answered in a hoarse voice as she reached for her purse.

"That's fine."

Dawn walked over and stared at Buffy, before looking at the delicate cross.

"It really is beautful. It looks just lik-"

"I know." She spoke quickly and clenched her fist, waiting for the woman to hand her the necklace. "I don't need a box, I'd like to wear it."

The woman looked up and handed Buffy her reciept before slipping the cross into her outstretched palm.

Buffy slipped the delicate chain over her neck and shivered as the cold silver landed on her heart.

"A perfect fit. Right above your heart."

Buffy nodded her head and pressed the cross furthur into her skin as she turned to leave. She turned back as the woman spoke to her and gave her gentle smile.

"Keep your faith, miss. It's the only thing that will see you through."

Buffy looked at the woman and saw the wisdom in her kind eyes. She looked down at the necklace and nodded as the blue stone twinkled.

"I will."

Buffy walked out of the store into the sun, her hand never straying from it's hold on the cross.


*You're my faith...*