*But if it's only tears and pain
Isn't it still worth the cost?
Like some sweet saving grace
Or a river we must cross
If we don't understand
What this life is made of
We learn the truth
When we find that kind of love...*


Buffy walked to the top of the hill, closing her eyes as the light breeze chilled her skin. She looked out over the town and sighed, sitting down on the cool grass. This was her place. It was peaceful, she could come here and just sit for hours, thinking and dreaming.

About him.

The tears still came, but they were usually followed by a smile, when she remembered something he did or something he said. The pain wasn't as harsh as it used to be. She had tried to come to terms with the fact that she had lost something precious, something that she loved. It was hard for her, knowing that it could have been different and she had come dangerously close to begging Willow send her back, to just let her have another chance. But she didn't, she was going to live now, in the world he had saved. He had fulfilled his destiny and it was up to her to fulfill hers. To live.

It had been nearly two months since Dawn had literally shown her the light. Everyday she thinks of him and every breath she takes, he's there with her. It's a struggle, but she's determined to keep her promise.

'Til the end of the world.


*Spend my nights alone,
Catching falling stars,
To give to you, love.
They're just for you...*


She loved to look at the stars. The way they twinkled, some bigger and brighter than the rest. She remembered how Spike had tried to point the constelations to her one night, but she couldn't see them then and she still couldn't see them now. She wasn't really looking at them that night anyway, she was watching him. The way his eyes sparkled as he spoke, more beautiful than the stars could ever wish to be.

She leaned back on her arms and sighed, smiling as a star shot across the dark sky. She closed her eyes and made a quick wish, smiling at the wonderful thoughts drifting through her mind. A second chance.

What would she do with a second chance?

"I would love you." She spoke aloud and fresh tears spilled from her eyes. "I would love you the way you deserve to be loved. I know I probably wouldn't be able to, but I would try. God, what I would do..." She brought her hand to her face and covered her mouth with her fist.

"I'd tell you how sorry I am. For hurting you, for everything... I'm sorry... so sorry..." Her voice trailed away and she buried her face in knees, rocking back and forth as she wept.

"I'd show you, show you how much I love you. Because I do, I love you so much, Spike. I love you..."

"I love you, too."


*Sometimes, we get second chances...*