TO FORGIVE OR FORGET part 2





Buffy found it hard not to embrace his pillow and breathe in his scent, as she pulled it close to her face. All she could do when she got home was crawl into their bed. The thought of packing and leaving was beyond her energy level at the moment because her world was crumbling around her.

*flashback*

"Hey Willow who's your pretty little friend?" Frank the bouncer at the Magic Box asked.



"This is my friend Buffy. Buffy this is Frank. He lets me in to see my Oz." Willow introduced them.



"Where have you been hiding her?" Frank asked.



"Nowhere. It's just has taken me like forever to get her to come down here," Willow explained.



"Well, sweetness you should make it a habit to visit us more often." He winked as he let the two women enter the club ahead of all the rest.



"He's hot for you," Willow teased.



"No he's not," Buffy denied.



"Okay, live in denial, but you don't wear it well you know," Willow giggled.



"So, your boyfriend's band must be really popular." Buffy changed the subject off Willow trying to fix her up with the bouncer.



"Yeah, they are, and it scares me that he will meet someone more pretty and outgoing than me," Willow sighed.



"I find that hard to believe; he adores you," Buffy reassured her.



"I know, but look at these girls here, they have sexy, gorgeous, perky body parts."



"Willow, you are just as, if not more, beautiful then all the girls here and he knows that." Buffy shook her finger at her friend with a stern look on her face.



"Okay, my turn to change the subject." Willow was quick to redirect the conversation away from herself, "Let me tell you about the members of the band. "Angel Giles is the head honcho, lead singer of the band. Spike Rayne is the lead guitarist and sings backup and is co-founder of the group. He and Angel are cousins, since their mothers were sisters. Xander Harris is their drummer and old high school chum, Cordelia Chase is the keyboardist and Angel's girlfriend, and Doyle Gallagher is the rhythm guitarist. Tara McClay sings back up and sometimes lead with Angel. Saving the best for last, my man Oz who plays bass of the best kind."



"Wow! Nice line up," Buffy nodded.



"Yes it is, everyone but Doyle went to the same high school. Doyle came into play since we all moved here to the City of Angels. He has this great Irish lilt that melts the girls hearts, almost as good as Spike's, who's not Irish but English." Willow continued as she directed Buffy over to the Band's table.



"Willow."



"Hey, Anya, this is Buffy, Buffy this is Anya, Xander's girlfriend and the band's assistant manager." Willow introduced them as she took a set and waved Buffy to sit down next to her. "Everyone here and on time?"



"Yes, Xander was almost late cause we were having alley sex, he always plays better after he gives me orgasms." Anya answered, with a happy smile on her face.



"TMI, Anya, TMI." Willow giggled.



"No, just not afraid to tell people me and Xander have sex and enjoy it." Anya shrugged.



"Can I get you guys something to drink?"



"Hi Amy, I'll take a coke please." Willow replied.



"Corona with lime for m, please," Buffy ordered



"JD and coke." Anya told the waitress.



"Be right back ladies." Amy said with a relaxed smile on her face.



Buffy watched as a tall man walked up on the stage carrying a microphone in his hand. He had a gentle look about him with his short brownish hair and heard Willow say, "That's Lorne he manages the club."



"Hello ladies and gents, Welcome to the Magic Box and as usual we have a full house tonight." Lorne greeted the crowd and waited for the hoots and shout outs to settle before he continued. "It is an honor for me to introduce the house favorite by far, who today found out they have a record contract with Magic Box Records, give it up for Angel's Redemption."



Buffy heard the crowd roar and could feel the loyalty they had for this band. She watched as the members come on stage and she was able to identify them by the instruments they played, courtesy of Willow's earlier descriptions.



"Oh God, don't tell me Spike took her skanky ass back." Anya moaned as she rolled her eyes as a brunette with a gothic like black dress with lace walk over toward them.



"Oh, shit, I hope not either." Willow sighed with a touch of annoyance added.



"Ladies, do you mind if I sit here and wait for my Spike?" The dark haired woman asked, giving Buffy a hard glare.



"I don't know, you see Spike's new girl is here tonight and I don't think he'd want you near her." Anya said.



"You are with Spike." She hissed as she leaned toward Buffy with a look of anger on her face.



"I would say it doesn't concern you who I'm here with, like none of your business." Buffy replied as she countered with a glare of her own.



"Well, it won't last long, he belongs to me, and in the end he always comes back to me." The stranger purred, "I'm the addiction he can't shake."



"Too bad he found just the rehab then for getting over women in black then." Buffy snorted as she turned her attention back to the stage only to end up meeting the lead guitarist's intense stare.



She felt like she had just found paradise. Nothing had prepared her for how handsome, beautiful, gorgeous, dreamy, and a few others words that came to mind to describe the hunk of man she was checking out on stage. He himself was looking at her as if he was devouring her, causing her heart to race.



"Dru please go and find another table please, I want to hear my Xander's percussion thank you very much. It's a lovely beat I love to picture us screwing too." Anya dismissed the woman with a wave of her hand. "And don't come back now ya hear."



"Bitches, the lot of you is bitches." Dru muttered as she turned and walked away.



"Care to tell me who Elvira was just now?" Buffy asked, "Especially since she thinks I'm Spike's new girl."



"That was queen loony tune Drusilla Barnes, Spike's crazy ex-girlfreak." Anya informed her with a look of disgust. "Sorry about the giving you to Spike for the night, but there was no way I was spending any time with that wacky chick if I could help it."



"I think Spike will get a laugh out of it." Willow added with a mischievous smile on her face.



"As long as she doesn't start stalking me and he knows I don't kiss on the first date." Buffy semi joked, thinking the ex girlfriend was a bit on the freaky side.



"Good evening everybody, welcome to the show." The tall brown haired man announced as the band began to play.



Buffy sat back and watched the show, enjoying the mix of music the band played. She recognized some of the covers songs they played, and enjoyed the ones that sounded to be their originals. The best part was watching Dru's ex boyfriend play some of the best guitar riffs she had seen on the club scene. Thinking to herself how it would feel to have is fingers play her body with the same passion he played his guitar.



Soon it was time for the bands first break of the night and they started to meander over to the table that was reserved for them. Buffy could see the interest they directed her way, some curious, others appraising her assets.



"Well, well Red, who do we have here?" Spike asked looking Buffy up and down with keen interest.



"Oh, she's your talisman girlfriend to ward off evil Dru according to Anya. But I know her as Buffy." Willow told him with a straight face.



"I thought I saw gothic girl earlier." Xander chuckled as he leaned in to kiss his girl.



"Hey, Buffy." Oz winked as he too kissed his girl's cheek.



"So, I have to say we should let Willow and Anya pick your dates more often." Angel said giving his cousin an unusually wide smile, "I think I would vote that we keep her."



"Funny, ha, bloody, ha." Spike rolled his eyes and left to go to the bar.



"Hi, I'm Cordy, this is Tara, Angel, Oz, Xander, Doyle, and the bad rude man is Spike." Cordelia introduced them all. "Don't mind Spike, he just went to get our drinks and he will be right back."



"Well that is if he can escape the claws of batty woman zooming in at 10 o'clock." Xander warned them.



"Buffy, I think you need to go save your man." Anya winked, "Xander is not lying about the claws so be careful."



Buffy noticed they all seemed to expect her to go and save Spike from his evil ex. She glanced over at the bar and noticed how the sexy meal on legs tensed when he noticed he was about to be pounced on.



"Well, here goes nothing, and Willow, honey, dear, sweetie, you owe me big time for this." Buffy smirked at her friend.



"My money is on the sexy little blonde, but why couldn't you have given her to me and not Rayne. I know more about how to treat a lady then that git does." Doyle spoke for the first time, and all Buffy could think of was that Willow was right his accent was sexy. Just not as sexy on the man she was about to save from the batty woman.



"But you are mine, mine." Dru was saying when Buffy approached the bar.



"Sorry, Miss Darkness no light, but the operative word is 'was yours'. The correct use of the sentence is he's mine now." Buffy sighed as she maneuvered herself between Spike and the crazy one.



"Leave us." Dru's voice was angry and sounded almost out of control.



"Not without my Spike." Buffy replied with a sweet smile on her face as she looked over at the bartender and read his nametag. "Excuse me, Bart, can you be a dear and have Amy bring our order over to the band table. I like to spend as much time with my man as I can. I mean you can never be too possessive, can you?"



"I love it when you get all cave woman over me, Goldilocks. It makes me feel so manly and wanted." Spike purred as he leaned in to kiss her neck.



"Well, just giving it back, baby." Buffy laughed, his lips tickled her skin.



"I got something I want to give you alright." Spike chuckled as he waggled his eyebrows.



"You sir are a scoundrel and a pervert." Buffy laughed, enjoying the flirting, even if it was just for show.



"This is your last chance Spike, I will leave and never come back, do you hear me?" Dru stomped trying to get his attention back on her.



"Did you hear something, baby?" Buffy asked as she took Spike's hand and led him back to their table.



Spike leaned in and whispered, "Can you really be my girlfriend for real?"



Buffy stopped suddenly and he moved up against her wrapping his arm around her waist. "Go out with me Sunday?"



"I not sure I want to get involved with you, something about you scares me." Buffy answered truthfully because her instincts were telling her, she could lose herself in this man.



"I promise not to bite and will keep my hands in full view at all times and I won't kiss you unless you let me." Spike promised.



"Where are we going?"



"Let's go to the zoo."



Buffy smiled as she agreed, "The zoo it is. What time?"



"What time is good for you?"



"Are you playing Saturday night?"



"Yeah."



"Then how about noon?"



"Sounds perfect, can you pack us a lunch, and I'll get the drinks."



"It's a date."



"I think I agree with Angel."



Buffy turned to look at him confused when he continued, "I think we will keep you."



Buffy laughed as he then turned the tables and led her back to the table. She noticed that Doyle had a scowl on his face, and realized he must have been interested in her as well.



"So nice bar show, more interesting than the floor show. I was waiting for the dramatic kiss and you taking her to the back to make her scream." Anya said being her normal blunt self.



"I had thought of it, but just not enough time left to give her the proper encouragement to scream my name." Spike chuckled as he sat down and pulled Buffy on his lap.



Buffy was uncomfortable at first until he kept his promise and acted like a real gentleman and kept his hands appropriately placed. Soon it was time for the band to return to the stage and she was shocked when he kissed her gently on the lips.



"For good luck." He whispered before he turned and walked away.



"Oh, I never even thought that you and Spike, man." Willow sounded amazed.



Anya looked over giving Buffy a wink, "Oh, I think they match perfectly. He needs someone like Buffy to keep his ass in line."



Buffy wondered about that comment later that night when she tried to go to sleep. She knew he was cocky, arrogant, but not in a bad way, but more in a confident kind of way. She couldn't wait for Sunday; it had been many years since she'd visited the zoo. It was the last thing she and her father ever done together when she was eight years old.

*end of flashback*

*******



Eric held open the door as Giles and Harris dragged their unconscious band mate into the room. Occasionally Rayne would moan and whisper Buffy's name, making Eric smile to himself.



Eric let the door close as he followed them in the room and said, "Don 't make him too comfortable and I will take it from here."



"Really, I can stay with him." Angel offered knowing Cordy would be pissed if he did, as he and Xander placed Spike on the bed.



"No, I will keep a check on him, don't worry." Eric refused, thinking it would be for the best if Spike woke up without friends for family, "I think he needs to worry a bit if he has crossed the line."



Angel walked over to the desk and picked up the hotel pen. He then wrote down his cell number on the Hotel stationary and handed it to the older man saying, "Call me when he wakes up and let me know how he's doing."



"I promise to do what I can for him." Eric promised as he whispered, "He seems to be such a tortured soul."



"Had more then his share of bad things happen to him." Was all Angel said, as he looked down at his cousin lying in the bed unaware they were discussing him. "His childhood before he came to live with us was not a good one."



"We all have our devils and demons to fight." Eric sighed, pulling out his cell and dialing a familiar number. "Lilah, I need a big favor."



"Yes, is any one free for a couple weeks until this tour is over?" He asked.



"Not for me, but for a friend actually. He needs immediate help until we can get him checked in for some intense counseling."



"Great, have them come to the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas on Monday."



"Yes, same code word as always."



"Thanks Lilah, I owe you for this." Eric said as he hung up his phone. "I will have someone on tour that possibly might be able to help our friend there with his problem. Then after the tour I will arrange for him to check himself in a clinic I know so he can clean up his act."



"I really don't know how to thank you." Angel replied as he reached his hand out to the older musician.



"It's really premature for thanks, he might refuse any help." Eric said as shook the grateful man's hand.



"I will kick his ass to Sunnyhell and back if he does." Xander replied firmly, feeling worried about this friend's condition.



"I need to go and figure out how I'm going to tell my parents, this is going to kill them." Angel sighed, knowing his parents loved Spike as if he was their own son.



"Don't tell them anything yet, let's see what he decides to do when he wakes up in the morning." Eric suggested as he walked over and gazed down at the very talented young man. "Both of you go on and get some rest, I think he won't wake up 'til morning, and I will have someone keep an eye on him."



Angel and Xander exchanged looks, feeling guilty of not staying with Spike. Eric realized they had never left him alone before and reassured them, "Waking up without friend or family, but alone, might work in our favor."



"Could be your right, Cordy always said I coddled him too much." Angel reluctantly agreed.



"Yeah, Anya said the same thing. She thinks we protect him too much." Xander sighed as he shook his head as he realized for the first time his girlfriend most likely had been right all along.



"Go home and get some rest, you won't find any answers tonight." Eric told them as he prayed the young man would realize someday how these people cared for him.



"Okay, call me if he needs me." Angel said as he hand Xander left the room leaving Spike alone to face the morning after alone, without them for the very first time.



*******

*Flashback*



Spike felt he was in the zone after doing the line of coke before coming out of the bathroom. It helped to get his creative artistic juices flowing that he needed to get when he played. It was something he felt he had control of, never believing he'd be like the other losers and let the drugs control him. It was something that Dru, his dark princess, had turned him on to during their time together.



He noticed Angel's concerned look before he hit the stage. Rayne knew his cousin would kill him if he knew he was back doing the powder again. Angel had become overprotective the moment he came to live with the Giles family ten years ago. Their mothers were sisters, one having married a wonderful man, where the other had married his bastard of a father.



He noticed Cordy roll her eyes while looking over at the table that was normally reserved for the band. He felt his zone leaving him when he noticed Dru approaching the table. He recognized Willow and Anya, but the other female didn't look familiar at all.



The moment he saw her face all thoughts of his dark princess flew out the window. The golden goddess that sat now facing off Dru was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. He watched every detail, as she seemed to be giving his ex the what for. Then she looked up at him and he was lost.



"She's the one." He whispered, before Tara came up and touched his arm with a worried look on her face.



"I'm okay, Glenda, just was worried what Dru was gonna do is all?" Spike lied as he played the opening riff to start the show after Peaches finished his little speech.



Spike continued to play, but his attention would occasionally drift over to the woman who caught his attention. He prayed she'd still be there when they finished this set. There was not way he could let her leave without getting her name and number. By the way she moved her head to the beat he could tell she like the music.



"Finally!" He thought when he finished the last song of the set.



"Wonder who the beauty is sitting with the girls?" Doyle asked as he walked behind Rayne off the stage.



"Don't know yet, but I will before I go to the bar." Spike told him with a cocky smile on his face.



"Maybe, but I bet she leaves with me." Doyle challenged.



"First off, mate, I'd never bet on a lady such as her." Spike winked as he hurried over to the table.



"Well, well Red, who do we have here?" Spike asked committing her features to memory.



"Oh, she's your talisman girlfriend to ward off evil Dru according to Anya. But I know her as Buffy." Willow told him with a straight face.



"I thought I saw gothic girl earlier." Xander chuckled as he leaned in to kiss his girl.



"Hey, Buffy." Oz winked as he too kissed his girl's cheek.



"So, I have to say we should let Willow and Anya pick your dates more often." Angel said giving his cousin an unusually wide smile, "I think I would vote that we keep her."



"Funny, ha, bloody, ha." Spike rolled his eyes deciding to keep his routine of going to the bar for everyone's drinks.



He should have known his caring loving friends would embarrass him in front of the one woman he'd want to impress. Then add Dru to the mix he would be amazed if Buffy would even walk on the same side of the street as him.



"Hey Spike, want the usual?" Bart asked as soon as Spike made it up to the bar.



"Thanks, mate, you're the best." Spike replied and was about to add a shot of JD for himself when he noticed a dark cloud approaching.



"There you are you bad rude boy." Dru purred, "You have been naughty and need to be punished."



"Dru, I told you before we're through, over. I think catching you and that slim Chaos Sanchez doing the rough and tumble in the bathroom was a sign from Hell we are over, done, finished. Dr. House MD couldn't revive our relationship." Spike's voice was hard and angry.



"He meant nothing, I just owed him money." Dru explained, "She will not understand you like I do. Your sunshine will run from your darkness, that's why you're mine."



"I don't need you and I don't belong to you." Spike snapped as he took the shot of JD and drank it down and chased it down with a swig of dark ale.



"But you are mine, mine." Dru hissed.



"Sorry, Miss Darkness no light, but the operative word is 'was yours'. The correct use of the sentence is he's mine now." Buffy sighed, startling Spike who almost choked on his ale.



"Leave us." Dru's voice was angry and sounded almost out of control.



"Not without my Spike." Buffy's voice was firm but polite with a sweet smile on her face.



Spike felt a thrill shoot through his body at her possessive voice and words, even if they weren't serious.



"Excuse me, Bart, can you be a dear and have Amy bring our order over to the band table. I like to spend as much time with my man as I can. I mean you can never be too possessive can you." His pretend girlfriend smiled sweetly at Bart when she explained what she wanted.



"I love it when you get all cave woman over me, Goldilocks. It makes me feel so manly and wanted." Spike purred as he leaned in to kiss her neck deciding it would be fun to play along.



"Well, just giving it back, baby." Buffy laughed, causing his heart to skip a beat.



"I got something I want to give you alright." Spike chuckled as he waggled his eyebrows loving how she blushed.



"You sir, are a scoundrel and a pervert." Buffy laughed, making him ask God or whoever was listening if this could be real.



"This is your last chance Spike, I will leave and never come back, do you hear me?" Dru stomped trying to get his attention back on her.



He decided he'd follow Buffy's lead, it's seemed she was much better at these things then him. Temper was a downfall for him, and had caused him more trouble in the past. The last thing he needed was doing or saying something that would cause this woman to turn away from him.



"Did you hear something, baby?" Buffy asked as she took Spike's hand and led him back to their table making him feel like pulling her back to kiss her.



Spike leaned over to whisper before he could stop himself, "Can you really be my girlfriend for real?"



He felt Buffy stop suddenly and he moved up against her, wrapping his left arm around her waist as he leaned down to ask. "Go out with me Sunday?"



"I not sure I want to get involved with you, something about you scares me." Buffy answered.



"I promise not to bite and will keep my hands in full view at all times and I won't kiss you unless you let me." Spike promised wanting to assure her the last thing he wanted was to hurt her.



"Where are we going?"



"Let's go to the zoo." He said the first place he thought would be a safe date place.



Buffy smiled as she agreed, "The zoo it is. What time?"



"What time is good for you?"



"Are you playing Saturday night?"



"Yeah."



"Then how about noon?"



"Sounds perfect, can you pack us a lunch, and I'll get the drinks."



"It's a date."



"I think I agree with Angel."



He noticed the confused look on her lovely face and clarified, "I think we will keep you."



Buffy's laugh made him smile as he then tuned the tables and led her back to the table. He noticed the scowl on Doyle's face, and realized he must have been interested in her as well.



"So nice bar show, more interesting than the floor show. I was waiting for the dramatic kiss and you to take her to the back and make her scream." Anya said being her normal blunt self.



"I had thought of it, but just not enough time left to give her the proper encouragement to scream my name." Spike chuckled as he sat down and pulled Buffy on his lap not ready to let her get too far away.



He could feel how tense she was and kept his promise and acted like a real gentleman. Kept his hands in view at all times and didn't rub her thigh like he itched to do. Soon it was time for the band to return to the stage and without thinking he leaned over and gently kissed her lips.



"For good luck." He whispered before he turned and walked away thinking that Sunday was not going to arrive soon enough for him.



Later that night as he stared at the ceiling he wondered what a women like Buffy could ever see in a loser such as him. His father had dropped him off at the airport after his mother's funeral and reminded him what a waste he was and because of him his mother was dead. That was ten years ago and he'd been the tender age of fourteen, and defined the word geek.

*end of flashback*

TBC

enjoy...there will be Spuffy goodness soon....but then.....

Kimber