Un-beta'd, once more. Guess I need to clear a few things up! SongGirl, this veers off canon from What's my Line, by that time I'm pretty sure Buffy knew more about Spike. I mentioned that in the course of the story (talking about the last time Buffy had seen him) Sorry if it was confusing. Mariiana, yes, Buffy is still a virgin. Again, sorry, thought I had clarified that in earlier chapters. (or hinted at it anyway) Thanks for reading!

Chapter 5

Buffy found herself blinking slowly in response to the casual acknowledgement. "Oh."

"Oh? That all you have to say about it?" A slight hint of derision colored his voice.

"I'm sure I'll come up with something more profound later, but honestly right now? I just want to know whose ass needs to be kicked so I can get my dad, his girlfriend and my new potential friend out of here in one piece." This was of the familiar, this life save-age stuff and adrenaline rushes that had nothing to do with sexy vampires who looked too damn good in leather pants.

"You gonna fight with me?" Spike looked surprised.

"Let me ask just one question. Does plan A or B involve the premature deaths of anyone in this club by your fangs?" Her look was intent as she waited for his answer; a response she realized she didn't even need to hear. Somehow she kinda already knew he didn't eat his customers, and didn't even want to contemplate the wigginess factor of that one. This Spike was different. She didn't know how or why, but she knew it with dead certainty.

This was a Spike she could fight next to and more importantly, could trust to watch her back.

The slightly indignant look he threw her gave her the only answer she needed. "Please. They're my bread and butter. Not about to go offin' them. Bad for business, you know?"

She nodded and smiled softly to show that she really did know and more importantly, that she believed him. "I'm going to need weapons."

The No Neck Bouncer's eyes bulged at that request before snapping to attention. This guy was big with the redneck, Buffy realized, something that had not been lost during his turning. Big and stupid, that was the only way Buffy could think to describe him.

" Boss... as your top security advisor," No Neck puffed up with self importance, " I just want to say that putting weapons in the Slayer's hands is kinda stupid."

Before Spike could respond, Buffy had whipped out the chopstick holding her hair in place and had kicked the beefy legs out from under the unsuspecting vampire; causing him to fall to the ground with a solid thud. The flurry of activity around them came to an immediate standstill at the loud interruption, and a few of Spike's men moved to intercede, but a fierce look from their boss stopped them deader in their tracks.

Buffy straddled the over-built chest, her knees smashing down to effectively pin his arms by his side. Within a blink of an eye, she had the pointy end of the chopstick positioned strategically over his heart.

"Want to say my hands are stupid now?" Buffy said in a chilly voice, deliberately doing the misquoting thing.

Spike's cock stirred at her little show of violence, relishing the pure menace in her voice. God, he loved her like this, all fire and venom. She was bloody gorgeous, and he was thankful he could finally just admit that to himself without all the self-recriminations.

"Nice move, pet. But, next time you might want to rethink the plastic chopsticks."

Buffy held up the eating utensil and squinted her eyes at it. "oh crap, I totally thought this was wood."

Another vampire of the No Neck variety rushed up. God, where did Spike get these guys? "Our window of opportunity has just been shortened. They're already on the move," he barked out, doing a double take at the spectacle on the floor.

Spike let out a roar of irritation. "What happened to the twenty minute ETA?"

No Neck #2 shrugged. "Don't know, boss. But the information is solid."

"Bloody hell." Spike's brain rapidly worked up a plan. "Ok, first order of business is to get the humans away from all the doors, then we'll work on getting them downstairs or something."

"What's downstairs?" Buffy found herself asking, pushing herself up off the vampire she had threatened with the plastic chopstick. After offering a helping hand up, Buffy just shrugged when her gesture was not well received. There was not one part of her brain that questioned Spike's duplicity in all of this, and she shrugged off the wiggy factor once more.

"The basement. Got it set up kind of like a bomb shelter, of sorts. Leads to the sewers," Spike replied distractedly, as more vampire Bouncers filled the backstage area. They all wore the same uniform of black pants and a tight black tshirt, each sporting radios on their belts and Buffy didn't even want to think what else they were sporting.

Glaring at Buffy behind Spike's back, the original No Neck bouncer gestured to the stage. "You need to do something about that, Boss."

Buffy finally tuned into the background noise and realized with a start that the crowd was chanting "Billy, Billy, Billy, " continuously. They sounded nothing but anxious to have their "Billy" returned to them, and Buffy couldn't help but roll her eyes.

Spike sighed, and he seemed so human at that moment that Buffy forgot to blink.

"Yeah, guess we did get them all worked up then just walked off," Spike said.

No Neck Bouncer belted out an ugly laugh and adjusted his crotch, giving Spike a knowing look. "Yeah, kinda of like pushing the pause button in the middle of a porno. I know it gave me a juicy boner."

Buffy didn't even see where it came from, but Spike suddenly had a stake in his hand and his employee was floating to the floor in a small pile of dust.

She knew her mouth was agape, but didn't seem able to do anything about it as she looked from the pile on the floor, to Spike's grimly set features and back to the pile of dust.

"He overstepped his bounds," was the only mumbled explanation Spike would give. He stopped one of his men and told him to fetch the Slayer's party of three and bring them backstage.

Confusion flooded her when she heard his order, and for the first time, a hint of doubt began creeping its way through her common sense. Was she just being REALLY gullible? She was taking so much on faith here, which was ridiculous because hello... vampire, all with the killing and everything. With her dad with her, she left herself even more vulnerable. Buffy looked at Spike, hoping she could read some of his honest intent in his face.

Spike saw the flash of paranoia creep into her eye and found himself desperate to quell her fear. Even with time being of the essence, he allowed himself to haul her sensually to him, and tipped his head to lightly nuzzle her neck, his tongue darting out to trace a path along the warm, pulsing trail he found waiting for him. Buffy instinctively stiffened in response to the heightened alarm of her slayer sense but then his words began to wash over her, filling her, warming her back up again as they were whispered softly; his cool breath being blown in her ear causing her to shiver with wicked delight.

"I'm not bringing them back here to eat them, if that's what you're thinking. Or you. Just figured you'd want them someplace safer, is all."

Buffy nodded, her eyes showing the gratitude she felt, before it was replaced with confusion. "What happened to you, Spike? Is there a reason for this not quite so evil you?"

A small smile played along his full lips leaving Buffy entranced by his sheer beauty. Ever so slowly, his head dipped down and he brushed the briefest of kisses across her lips. "We'll talk this out later."

He released her and took a step back, and Buffy found herself dumbstruck at the intensity of emotion shadowing his face. But then, with a mere cocky toss of his head, he changed before her very eyes.

With a sexy sneer of his upper lip, he became Billy once more and disappeared with a sexy, long-strided swagger though the side curtain to be instantly greeted with a burst of thunderous applause and loud enthusiasm.

"Buffy?" she heard her dad ask in confusion from behind her. "What's going on?"



tbc

I seriously want to thank you for your reviews!!! See? It worked! New update within 12 hours! It's the only thing that feeds me to write, so please, don't be shy!! Review and let me know what you think. Oh god, I'm begging, aren't I? *headdesk*