Again unbeta'd. Songgirl, yes Spike knows she is a slayer. This is somewhat canon through season 2, so School Hard and What's My Line have occured, except Spike and Dru take off after that. I'm sure there are timeline errors, but I stand firm that I meant to do that.
Chapter 4

He was a dead man, in more than just the literal sense. This moment was a turning point for Spike. Just a simple smile, freely offered to him by her... the slayer. He'd known damn well that he'd had feelings building inside him that he'd done his best to ignore and deny; but when he was suddenly gifted with that shy, genuine smile, it just about knocked him and his denial right on his ass.

When her arms reached up to curl around his neck, her fingers teasing the gelled spikes-a-la Billy at the back of his head, he was completely lost to her. She could have shoved a stake right through his heart just then and he wouldn't have made a move to stop her; so enraptured in the not-so-innocent way she continued to move against him.

Spike was well aware the girl's father was sitting there in the audience; and while permission had been freely given, Spike wasn't about to do the type of dancing that his demon was screaming for. A long buried and presumed dead sense of Victorian values suddenly overwhelmed him in acute protest at the thought of degrading the girl under her father's watchful eye; so he settled for gripping her waist possessively instead of grabbing her ass and smashing her mound against his aching erection like he yearned to.

Now holding her a willing captive under his intense stare, Spike curled his tongue behind his teeth as they slowly swayed in perfect rhythm to the music the band continued to improvise, working the same rifts over and over.
****
It was different being face to face where she could look right into his eyes, Buffy realized. She couldn't lie to herself now, couldn't just pretend that it wasn't Spike who had managed to make her feel like it might even be okay to let herself be bad for once. To actually earn the title that had been so easily assigned her by her parents and school officials.

Buffy had thought that she had yearned for validation of her innocence, of her fight for good. That all the things she did that made her "seem" bad were in fact because of a Chosen duty.

But she was wrong.

She realized that she really just yearned to be bad; just a little rebellion that would go a long way. A crushing need that had been studiously ignored deep inside of her as she fought night after night for the side of good. A need that had suddenly found itself filled... by a pair of piercing blue eyes that should be glazed over with evil-yet weren't-and a solid body that felt incredible pressed against her.

Buffy searched deeper into his eyes, trying to figure out just what the hell was happening here. He hated her, or so she thought. The multiple attempts on her life WERE a bit telling; but there was no trace of evil intent lurking behind the stormy blue now. Instead they just seemed to mirror back this weird sense of connection.

A connection that had always been there.

That she had ignored.

But should she give into it now?

Cat calls and shrill whistles pierced the air, effectively breaking the seductive spell that had spun around the two on stage as they basked in each other's arms.

Just like that, Buffy was slammed back into the land where good slayers didn't behave like this in public with notorious vampires. That aching part that had just been filled to the brim with realization? It was now crushed and beaten back down by Buffy's keen-and annoying-sense of responsibility.

'Oh my god, I practically had sex with him on the stage!' Buffy frantically thought, her face rapidly filling with color. Taking a barely discernable step back, it was just enough to separate her heated flesh from his, and she felt-rather than heard-the growl that reverberated from his chest at her very deliberate action

Buffy cast a quick glance over at her dad, wincing as she saw the openly fascinated faces watching her. What the hell had she been thinking? She briefly wondered how much alcohol her dad had consumed because he just gave her a lopsided smile and toasted her with his very empty glass. Her jaw practically dropped when she saw the look of pride her wore on his face.

Wow. That was something. She had earned respect from her dad by practically having sex on a stage with a vampire. She'd have to remember that one.

There was a flurry of activity off stage that drew Spike's attention away from her deliberate defection, effectively answering Buffy's paranoid question of 'what now?', A burly man stood just offstage, his size and lack of neck screaming "Bouncer", began giving a series of curt hand signals to Spike, while barking orders into a handheld.

"Bloody hell," Spike bit out, his eyes suddenly all business.

"What?" she whispered, suddenly finding herself of the majorally confused. She wanted her Spike back, she realized with growing desperation, suddenly craving that closeness she had shared with him for such a short while. Until she blew it and had acted like Freak Thing.

Not giving her the courtesy of an answer, Spike smashed her back against him roughly and quickly belted out the last stanza of the seeming non-ending song, none of the earlier seductiveness present now. He managed to offer a bit of innuendo with the words "Ride your pony" but it was all just for show. Buffy could see and feel the difference now, and this was Spike, the Entertainer at work here.

The instant the last note faded away, Spike released her and swaggered up to the mic stand. He shoved the microphone into its appropriate slot and addressed the enraptured crowd leaving Buffy standing there with glaring uncertainty.

"We're going to take a quick break, folks," he announced with a sexy smirk before whipping around to grab her hand, pulling her off the stage with him.

Okay...

The only Spike she had ever really dealt with before was the cocky "I'm going to kill you on Saturday" Spike; but now he just kept continuing to metamorphosis before her very eyes. Now, she'd seen Billy!Spike, Spike the Seducer of young innocents (well, she was!) and now she was dealing with Spike On a Mission. And Caveman Spike was making his presence known with the dragging by the hand thing; which probably left everyone in the club with the impression that he was dragging her backstage to have sex.

And why did that NOT bother her as much as it should?

"What have we got?" Spike asked grimly, his hand like a vise around Buffy's smaller one.

"It's Bud's gang. They gearing up for an all front assault," the bouncer-guy stated.

"Who's BUD?" Buffy asked in baffled confusion, noting the flurry of activity going on.

Activity that was very familiar to her.

The preparation for battle, something she was more than intimately acquainted with. She realized with a start that half of the bodies moving about were of the undead sort, and she instinctively whipped herself into Slayer mode; searching for possible exits, possible weapons of a wooden persuasion... all while staring hard at Spike while trying to figure out what the HELL was going on.
"Are we going with plan A or B, boss?" the burly bouncer asked.

"Boss?" Buffy echoed, feeling suddenly like she had stumbled into an alternate reality of some sort. No wonder he'd laughed at her when she said she was going to get him fired.

Spike pinched the bridge of his nose between his index finger and thumb, the very image of concentration.

"Boss...uh, you do know you got the Slayer there?" Bouncer announced curtly, his beefy hand still wrapped around his hand held radio.

Spike offered his undead employee a chilling look.

"Spike...what....?" Buffy asked once more in confusion, her sense of unease growing.

"Got us a gang of vamps gunning to attack the club tonight."

Buffy looked around. "And that is different from this gang of vamps because...?"

Spike tipped his head in their direction. "Cos this lot works for me, that's why."

"Ah of course. That's explains everything," Buffy muttered, wondering why it really did. Since WHEN did she trust Spike? "And why are they attacking the club?"

The smirk he gave her was pure evil seduction. "Because they have a few issues with me, I suppose. Not too happy I'm running them out of what used to be their town."

Alarm shot through her and not the musical sort she had listened to earlier. "You're the Master here?"

That earned a nonchalant shrug. "Guess it depends on how you bloody well look at it."

"And if you were looking at it from my side...? she prompted.

"Then yeah, guess I am."

tbc....

thank you sooo much for all the reviews! Please keep them coming because they REALLY encourage me to write more quickly.