Again, unbeta'd once more, so you've been warned!
Chapter 19

Buffy was openly checking him out and Spike couldn't help but leer as he hooked his thumbs through his front belt loops, causing Buffy to roll her eyes dramatically as she waited for the person she had called on the cell-phone to answer.

They were back on comfortable and familiar footing, and Spike didn't even want to examine the relief he felt. His need for her had grown beyond the physical; she has swiftly invaded every fiber of his being and to be denied even a portion of that would be a torment unlike any he had ever experienced.

Spike knew she was clueless regarding the power over him that she wielded and he was looking forward to enlightening her.

It promised to be a very...satisfying experience.

"Blair?" he heard Buffy say into the phone before quickly whipping it away from her ear. Even Spike had to cringe at the loud barrage of screaming that was being spewed over the line, his acute sense of hearing pained by the sheer volume.

When there was a lull in the noise, Buffy apprehensively put the phone back to her ear. "Blair?..... BLAIR......BLAIR!!!!!!!!!" After a moment, Buffy was able to continue. "Ever hear of a thing called volume control? Because hello, shout much?.... Inside voice, Blair, INSIDE VOICE. I can't understand a word you're saying."

Apparently Blair managed to switch to an indoor voice because Spike was able to see when Buffy's coloring suddenly paled and her wide, panicked eyes suddenly locked with his.

"Are you sure?" Another pause. "Well this is all kinds of not good..... Ok, I'm sorry I didn't call sooner!....... I was busy!...What?......Uh, nothing.... Nothing as in, none of you business, ok?"

Spike waited until she had hung up and sat there with a shell-shocked expression before he made his move. Closing the distance in two short steps, he scooped her up in his arms, and settled her non-protesting body in his lap. "What happened?"

"Buffy is in deep doo doo. Again."

A quirk of his eyebrow asked the silent question and Buffy sighed, wondering why her life always had to be so confusing.

"It's my mom," she finally said, suddenly feeling her tender years. Here she was wrapped in the yummy arms of a way old vampire and she was complaining about her mom. Teenager much? Shrugging it aside, she continued, "She doesn't know I'm the slayer, thinks I'm a troublemaker."

"Like your dad did."

It was a statement, not a question, but Buffy nodded anyway. "From what I could get out of Blair, it sounds like mom did recon in my room tonight and happened upon my slayer stash. Now she's totally convinced herself that I'm a Satan worshipper or something like that."

Buffy didn't expect the loud burst of laughter from Spike, watching aghast as he laughed himself into tears. "Oh god," he muttered, swiping at the moisture that had cropped up during his mirth, "that's bloody hysterical."

"Glad you think my life is so funny," Buffy remarked, her eyes narrowing at the continuing smirk he wore.

Fingering the ends of her hair, Spike grinned wolfishly. "Don't get your knickers in a twist, pet. You see it from my side,--being evil and all-- and YOU, the Holy Mother Virgin soddin' Slayer, gettin' accused of Satanic worship is just downright...poetic."

Allowing her ruffled feathers to be soothed, Buffy let him off the hook with an eye roll. "Alright fine, so maybe it IS a little ironic. Doesn't mean you have to laugh about it." She threw him one last warning look as he pretended to zip his lips, then continued.

"So anyway, my dad is making with the Calvary and is driving up to help me face my mom and...oh GOD, I so don't want to go home." She dramatically buried her face into his hard chest, not able to help but breathe in his unique scent. Strange how she had come to associate his smell with comfort in such a short time. "Blair said my mom has been calling my dad every fifteen minutes with a new theory after pretty much tearing my room apart."

"She's just worried about you, is all," Spike commented.

Buffy lifted her head and looked at him suspiciously. "Since when did you become Mr. Insight Guy?"

Spike snorted derisively. "Yeah right. That's me. It's just common sense. Your mum finds this stuff in your room. What...stakes? Crosses? Holy water?" When he received confirmation for each item, he continued, "What else then? You have a weapons stash somewhere?"

Buffy cringed. "Yeah, swords, axes. This really cool scythe thingie that Giles gave me. Plus Blair said she found a bunch of Giles's boring demon books he made me take one time that I was supposed to study."

Spike gestured with his hand. "See? Right there. If she was on snoop patrol, she was probably expecting the worst case scenario to be drugs or somethin' like that."

Buffy pouted and crossed her arms against her chest. "Still. How does having demon books make me a Satan worshipper? I so don't get it."

Spike set Buffy on her feet, ignoring the glare she sent his way. She was stalling and he knew the sooner he got her home, the better off she'd be. "Look, I know it and you know it, but to your mum? As you would say, it is wicked conspicuous." He mocked her valley girl accent which earned him an indignant glare.

"I so don't sound like that."

"Yeah you do." Spike walked around the suite collecting the room card and his car keys, shoving his wallet in his back pocket before grabbing his duster off the back of the chair and slipping it on. "Come on, let's go. You need to get there before your dad does."

Buffy followed him out, muttering about interfering evil-fluffed vampires which earned her a warning look.

"Don't call me that," he told her.

"Don't call you what?" Buffy brazened out, grabbing the hand that was extended her way as they walked down the hallway towards the elevator.

"You know what."

"Oh. You mean evil-fluffed?"

"Yeah."

Buffy bit back a giggle. "I don't know. I kind of like it. Kind of like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. Except, you know, more evil." Her laughter couldn't withstand the heat of his withering glare and it escaped in a burst of giggles.

Buffy suddenly found herself spun around and sandwiched between five foot ten inches of nostril-flaring vampire and the unrelenting wall next to the elevator, her wrists trapped in a vise-like grip above her head. She felt every inch of his solid body that was smashed against her.

"Think I'm all fluffy now?" he murmured dangerously into her ear, deliberately grinding his pelvis against her in a slow erotic circle.

"No!" Buffy squeaked, her hormones wrecking havoc on her self-control as she stared wide-eyed into the smoldering, dangerous blue of Spike's. Why he seemed so determined to teach her a lesson over calling him fluffed, Buffy hadn't a clue, figuring it had to be some dominating vampire thingy. Then came the illumination that there was a total lack of fear on her part and she smiled. Since he'd already fanged her boob and she'd lived to tell the tale, she decided to say to hell with restraint and give some of her own back.

Wrenching her wrists out of his tight hold, she didn't pause before throwing her arms around his neck and bringing him down to meet her lips in a searing kiss, tracing his fullness of his bottom lip with her tongue before sucking it into her mouth.

She was rewarded with a hungry growl and her mouth was suddenly invaded as he tasted and explored the moist cavern, his arms banding around her to press her even closer, lifting her up so that his aching shaft was nestled between that sweet spot between her thighs as the pelvic grinding commenced with gusto.

"Oh MY!"

Spike lifted his head from the homage he was paying to Buffy's lips to see a well-dressed elderly couple staring aghast. His inner gentleman flared when he realized he was practically making love to Buffy right there by the elevator and he bowed his head apologetically, allowing the mortified Slayer to slide down his body.

"Erm, sorry," he mumbled, finding himself unable to meet their accusing eyes as he took a step back from Buffy, allowing his hand to trail gently down her arm and she looked at him gratefully, her face flooded with color.

Doing the dirty dancing in front of mucho people? No big.

But getting busted by grandma?

Totally mortifying.

"Hmmpf!" Grandma gave the elevator down button a savage poke, and there was a mercifully short wait before the doors slid open and she stormed inside, her orthopedic shoes refusing to make much noise despite a considerable effort. Her husband shot Spike a quick apologetic look before hobbling in behind her.

"Oh my GOD, that was SO embarrassing," Buffy breathed, smacking his chest when Spike merely smirked.

"They can take the next one!" Spike heard announced in a disapproving, shrill voice from within the elevator's confines and something about the high and mighty tone managed to irk his inner gentleman. Buffy looked at him questioningly when she saw Spike take on his familiar cocky attitude, now knowing that was NOT the real Spike.

"Come on, pet. They can't keep the doors open forever."

Before Buffy could protest, Spike had grabbed her hand and was pulling her into the elevator, both noticing immediately that Grandma had been in the process of frantically attempting to push the 'door closed' button before they could step inside.

Buffy missed the smirk Spike sent the lady.

Even though it was already lit up, Spike made a production of pushing the button for the lobby several times in the most obnoxious manner possible before Buffy pulled him away from the control panel.

"Knock it off! God! And I'M supposed to be the immature one?" Buffy hissed.

He merely smiled infuriatingly at her, sinking his hands into the pockets of his duster and rocked his hips forward.

That was when Buffy noticed something else.

Spike was making NO effort to hide his continued erection. In fact, Buffy was convinced he was deliberately pulling the edges of his duster open where she could see it clearly outlined and straining against the tight denim. Mortified and aroused at the same time, Buffy looked quickly over her shoulder and noted with relief that Grandma and Grandpa seemed determined to ignore them, their eyes focused steadfastly on the doors in front of them.

Buffy visibly started when Spike's voice rumbled through the small space.

"So...pet," He made no effort to temper his volume, actually projecting louder than the small space necessitated. "We got any new developments happening on today's Crotch Watch?"

"WHAT?" Buffy hissed, her face burning both with the realization that he knew she was staring at his crotch and his loud announcement with the seniors to hear. "GOD! You are SO twisted!"

Snickering, he drew her into his arms again. "Yeah, but you love it." Spike gave her a smoldering look, running the tip of his tongue along his front teeth, enjoying Buffy's mortification. He found the horrified gasp from behind them satisfying as well, now that killing wasn't a sport he typically indulged in.

Spike tipped his head to the ceiling and noted the mirrors that reflected back at him. An evil smirk played on his lips. "Look pet. They've got mirrored ceilings."

As expected, the seniors looked up. Then looked at Spike before looking toward the ceiling again, their mouths forming an "O" with shock and confusion.

"What...."

The doors finally slip open and Buffy dragged a smirking Spike out, ignoring the couple who remained frozen in the elevator. She pulled him through the lobby, wanting nothing more than to smack that smile off of him.

Buffy waited until he had given the ticket to a different valet guy before shaking her head derisively at him.

"What? That was fun."

"What? You mean trying to give old people a heart attack? I'm surprised you didn't flash some fang at them."

"Yeah, I should've. Would have been funny to see," Spike agreed easily.

The Porsche came and this time Buffy knew better and allowed Spike to open her car door, even if she wasn't used to those type of manners. Before she slid in though, she reached up to whisper in his ear.

"You are SO Evil-fluffed."

This time Spike didn't bother denying it.

tbc.
a/n-Credit for crotch watching goes to AmyB and Tam, thanks girls! And thank you to copy,Q, amy and always who settled my comma question!