Buffy stood out on their room’s balcony, looking out over the main strip of Las Vegas, taking in all of the lights and buildings around her. After a day of dealing with Spike, interviewing both Oz and Xander, and writing a long e-mail to Lilah, Buffy was grateful to be off of the bus and in a suite that was larger than her apartment.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Spike asked, appearing beside her, holding two champagne flutes. She raised an eyebrow before taking the one he was handing to her.

“What’s this for?” she asked, looking at him. He smirked.

“Have to start things off right, don’t we?” he asked. “Besides, I wanted to make a toast, luv, if that’s alright.”

“Whatever you want to do,” she said, looking at him, surprised. “What’re we toasting to?”

“To new friendships,” he said, looking intensely into her eyes. She smiled before gently clinking her champagne flute against his. They both took sips of the bubbly liquid before looking at the city again.

“I can’t wait to get down there,” she said, excited at the thought of walking up and down the streets of Las Vegas.

“We could hit one of those drive-through wedding chapels,” he offered, looking at her. She giggled and shook her head. “Oh come on- it’d be fun. We can get divorced in the morning, even.”

“That’s just because you want to have a honeymoon,” she replied, walking back into their suite.

“With you? Yes, I do,” he answered, and she could’ve sworn that he was being serious. “Well, luv, what do you say? Shall we go out on the town?”

“Yes, please,” she replied, putting down her empty champagne flute. “Should we go get the guys?”

“They’re already in a casino,” he said, chuckling. “It’s just us tonight, if that’s okay.” She smiled.

“As long as we don’t miss the water show tonight,” she said. “That’s supposed to be breath-taking.”

“Luv, we’re here for the next two nights,” he replied. “We can miss it tonight.”

“Yeah, but you’re playing tomorrow night, and if I miss it because of you, I’m going to be very angry,” she said, grabbing her purse. “Understand?”

“We’ll see what happens,” he replied, smiling when she shot him a glare. “Let’s go- the city awaits.”

* * *

“You must be a bloody good luck charm,” Spike said as they walked into their suite. “Doesn’t making over three grand in one night make up for missing the stupid water show?”

“No,” she pouted, sitting down on one of the beds. He smiled. “Am I getting any of the money you won?”

“Maybe if you’re a good girl, you will,” he said, winking at her. She stifled a giggle before walking to the balcony and going out onto it. He followed her and watched the moonlight cascade over her.

‘She’s so beautiful,’ he thought as he stood beside her. ‘I just wish she was mine.’

“So, are you excited to play tomorrow night?” she asked conversationally, still looking at the city surrounding them.

“Yeah,” he answered. “New venues are always fun to try.” She sighed, smiling contently. “You seem happy here.”

“I am,” she replied, looking at him. “I’ve wanted to come here for so long that it seems surreal right now. Thank you guys for choosing to play here.”

“You’re welcome,” he said. She looked around again, and as his hand made contact with hers, they both were surprised when she didn’t pull it away. Instead, she laced her fingers with his and smiled softly, deciding not to look at him for fear that he’d have a smug expression on his face. But on the contrary, he was somewhat stunned that they were holding hands in peaceful silence, and the look on his face wasn’t smug- it was tender.
He decided to be bold and tilted her chin so that he could look at her, and as he leaned down to kiss her, she brushed her lips against his for a moment before backing away.

“Good night, Spike,” she said quietly, walking into their suite and going into the bathroom to change into pajamas. He smiled and lit a cigarette, deciding that maybe hooking up with Buffy wouldn’t be impossible.

Meanwhile, she was in the bathroom, getting ready for bed, angry with herself for kissing him.

‘What was I thinking?’ she berated herself. ‘He’s not the guy for you, so stop thinking about any possibility of dating him. It’ll never happen.’ She sighed and walked into one of the bedrooms, pulling the covers back so she could lay down. She slowly closed her eyes, ignoring her thoughts so she could fall asleep.

Minutes later, Spike stood in her doorway, watching her as she slept.

‘She looks so bloody peaceful,’ he thought. ‘And so young, so innocent. Who would think that the girl laying there is such a spitfire during the day?’ He smirked and quietly walked towards her bed, lightly kissing her forehead. She stirred slightly before turning on her side, facing away from him.

“Good night, kitten,” he whispered, walking towards the door.

“Night, Spike,” she replied, and when he looked back at her, she was still asleep, or so he thought. As he left the room, she opened her eyes and smiled.

* * *

While the band and Angel were preparing for the show the next afternoon, Buffy went out shopping and saw as many of the sights as she could. The money Spike had given her from the winnings he had earned the night before paid off everything she purchased, and when she realized that it was almost five o’clock, she left the mall in Caesar’s Palace and made her way back to the Bellagio to get ready.

Spike was still gone with the band, so she got dressed in a new outfit she had bought and waited around for them to come back. When the phone rang around 6:30, she was surprised to hear Spike’s voice.

“I’m sorry, luv, but I don’t think we’re going to be able to make it back to get you,” he apologized. “But I arranged a ride for you. It’ll be waiting downstairs for you at 7, okay?”

“Sure,” she answered, slightly sad that he wasn’t coming for her. “I’ll see you in an hour.”

“Bye, pet,” he said, hanging up. She sighed and worked on curling her hair to pass the time.

When seven rolled around, she took an elevator downstairs and walked outside, only to be greeted by the sight of a black limousine out front, the driver waiting beside it.

“You must be Buffy,” the man said, extending a hand. “I’m Riley Finn, your driver this evening.” She grinned.

‘No way,’ she thought. ‘Spike did this for me?’

“Hi, Mr. Finn,” she replied, smiling. “You’re taking me to see Dingoes Ate My Baby?”

“Yes, ma’am,” he answered, opening the door for her and letting her get in. As he closed the door, she looked around the limo, still in shock. He got behind the wheel and turned to look at her. “Your husband must really love you.”

“We’re not married,” she replied, still smiling. “And I don’t think he loves me, either.” He began to drive towards their destination, and as Buffy looked through the tinted windows, she couldn’t help but grin.

‘He did this for me,’ she thought. ‘Maybe he’s not such a bad guy after all.’
***************************************************************************




A/N Thanks for all of the reviews I've been getting- I appreciate that people take a minute or so out of their day and comment on how authors write...and I know it means a lot to every author! I promise Spuffyness very soon...as in the next chapter LOL And of course there will be angst sometime after that because I like to work that way:)