After the show ended, Buffy ordered another drink from the bar, knowing that it was going to be a while before the band was ready to leave. As she sat down on a stool, a brunette man approached her and sat beside her.

“Can I buy you a drink?” he asked, smiling at her. She raised an eyebrow, looking at him.

“I don’t accept drinks from strangers,” she replied, looking away from him once again.

“I’m Larry,” he said, extending a hand towards her, which she hesitantly shook. “I’m not a stranger anymore, so can I get you a drink?” She sighed and nodded.

“Sure, why not?” she replied, ordering her usual Cosmopolitan.

“So, are you a fan of the band?” Larry asked casually, taking his beer from the bartender.

“I guess,” she answered, shrugging. “I’m on tour with them, writing an article for a magazine I work for.” He seemed surprised. “It’s a long story.”

“Yeah, I bet it is,” he replied, chuckling. “So, what’s your name, little lady?”

“Buffy,” she answered. “Buffy Summers.” He smiled and took a swig of his beer. “Are you a fan of the band?”

“Yeah,” he answered. “I am now. I never heard of them before tonight, but I thought I’d take a chance on them. Turns out, they’re pretty good. The lead singer has a really distinct voice, which I dig.”

“Yeah, everything about Spike is distinct,” she replied, seeing him walk onstage to grab his water bottle before retreating backstage once again.

“Are you two an item?” Larry asked, smirking. She looked at him with wide eyes. “Sorry, but the way you looked at him…it’s almost as if you’re in love or something.” She felt sick at the mere suggestion of loving Spike.

“No, there’s nothing going on between him and I,” she answered. “If anything, we’re enemies.” She quickly drank her Cosmopolitan before ordering another one.

‘Yuck- me loving Spike? Like that’d ever happen,’ she thought.

* * *

As Spike was about to leave the backstage area, he heard the crowd chanting, “Fight! Fight!”

‘Buffy,’ he thought as he quickly walked to the main part of the bar, seeing her standing beside a brunette man who was shouting at a tall black-haired man. ‘If she causes trouble everywhere we go…then she’s exactly like me.’ He chuckled to himself before once again becoming serious and walking over to her. As he grabbed her arm, she looked at him with a surprised expression, and he noticed that her eyes were glossy. ‘Shit, she’s drunk.’

“Come on, pet,” he said calmly, trying to pull her away from where the arguing men were.

“No,” she replied, trying to break away from him. “I’m on Larry’s side. I need to stay.”

“He can take care of himself, luv,” he said, managing to pull her into the backstage area.

“Why did you do that?” she asked, slightly slurring. “I’m supposed to help my friends out.”

“I highly doubt that guy was your friend,” Spike said, and Angel, Oz, and Xander watched the two blondes curiously. “In fact, I’d bet my guitar that you won’t even remember his name tomorrow.”

“Then I’ll just write it on my hand,” Buffy said, grabbing a pen and beginning to write on the back of her hand. “Wait, what was it again?” She looked at him pensively, and he started laughing at her.

“Yep, just as I suspected,” he replied. “Come on, guys, let’s head out. Queen Buffy needs to get some rest.”

“I’m a queen?” she asked excitedly. “Do I have a crown?” He looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

“Just how drunk are you?” he asked, and she giggled. “How many drinks did you have?”

“At least three,” she answered cheerfully. “They’re just so pretty! Do you like those pink drinks, too?”

“No,” he answered. The other guys walked outside to the bus first, and Spike led Buffy behind them. “You’re going to have one hell of a hangover in the morning.”

“Blasphemy!” she replied loudly, and he looked at her, amused.

‘I think drunk Buffy is a lot more agreeable than sober Buffy,’ he thought. ‘Too bad this isn’t healthy for her.’

“You’ll watch out for me, right?” she asked, looking at him with a hopeful expression, which surprised him. “I thought you told Dawnie you’d take care of me?”

“Yes, I told her I’d make sure you’re okay,” he said, nodding. “And the first step to you being okay is to make you drink a lot of water so you don’t dehydrate.” She frowned. “Sorry, pet, but you’re the one who chose to get plastered.”

“I want to go to sleep,” she replied before yawning. “Can I rest now, Spike?” He saw the drowsy look on her face and smiled softly.

“Sure, princess,” he said, helping her get on the bus. He managed to steer her towards her bunk bed, and she obediently lay down. “Aren’t you going to change into pajamas or something?”

“Unless you’re willing to help, I don’t think I can take off what I’m wearing by myself,” she said, and as much as the thought intrigued Spike, he couldn’t allow himself to take her up on the offer.

‘I’d feel like I’m taking advantage of the situation or something,’ he thought. ‘And that’s not exactly going to win her over, now is it?’

“Just sleep, pet,” he said, running his hand over her hair. “Good night.” She yawned and closed her eyes, almost instantly dozing off. He smiled and saw the other guys walking around the front part of the bus.

“So, anyone up for getting a drink?” Spike asked, looking at his friends.

“I’m going to check in with Willow,” Oz said. “But you guys go on ahead. I’ll make sure Buffy’s okay.” Spike looked at him graciously before walking off of the bus, Angel and Xander behind him.

* * *

When Buffy woke up the next morning, she fought back the nausea that coursed through her and the pounding headache that she was greeted with instantly.

‘Good going, Buffy- get drunk the first night of the trip,’ she thought, carefully standing up and going into the small bathroom. She looked in the mirror and frowned. ‘Not only do I look like death, but I’m still wearing what I was in last night. Great.’ She pulled her hair into a ponytail and went to go get clothes. She realized that the bus was moving and sighed. ‘Yep, the world doesn’t stop just because you’re battling the hangover from hell. What happened last night?’ She remembered several small details, like meeting some guy at the bar, ordering several drinks, potentially starting a bar fight, and Spike bringing her to the tour-bus. She raised an eyebrow at the thought. ‘Spike helped me last night. And as much as I don’t want to, I should probably thank him. Who knows what I could’ve done last night if he hadn’t stepped in. ’ She went to the bunks and saw that he wasn’t sleeping. She saw the other guys sitting in the front of the bus talking and frowned. ‘Where the hell is he?’

Almost as if on cue, a brunette woman walked out from the back bedroom, quietly closing the door behind her. Buffy stared at her and realized where Spike was.

‘He brought a one-night stand back with him last night, probably after I passed out,’ she thought. ‘And why is she still here if we’re moving on to the next venue?’

“Hi, I’m Bree,” the woman said, extending a hand to Buffy. She paused before shaking her hand.

“I’m Buffy,” she replied, surprised by how upset she was that this woman was on the bus.

“Can you point me towards the bathroom?” Bree asked, straightening out the clothes she had obviously just thrown on. Buffy pointed to the door and watched as the woman walked into the bathroom.

With an angry sigh, she walked to her bunk and sat down.

‘That bastard doesn’t deserve a thank-you,’ she thought, grabbing her laptop. ‘What he deserves is to be castrated.’

When Bree walked out of the bathroom, Buffy looked at her.

‘She’s not even that pretty,’ she thought. ‘Why did he pick her?’

“So, Spike told me you’re a reporter,” Bree said, sitting on the bunk across from her. “That’s cool.”

“Yeah, it’s a nice job,” Buffy replied, trying to keep the edge out of her voice. “So, are you staying on tour with us?”

“No,” the other woman answered, and for some reason, Buffy felt relieved. “I’m getting off in Phoenix. My dad lives there, and Spike offered me a ride on the bus, so I jumped on the opportunity.”

“Yeah, lucky break,” Buffy replied, looking at her laptop’s screen.

“If anyone’s lucky, it’s you,” Bree said, smiling. “You’re on a bus with four incredibly nice guys.” Buffy looked at her. “I’m sure there are tons of girls out there who’d die for a chance like this.”

“Yeah,” Buffy said quietly, looking at the screen again. “I’m one lucky girl.”

***************************************************************************



A/N There's going to be a mystery guest appearance in the next chapter, followed by a lot of angst. I'll probably post it tomorrow, but if I get enough reviews, I'll post it way earlier than that...possibly tonight even:)