When Buffy woke up, the harsh rays of the afternoon sun were covering her, keeping her warm. She noticed the masculine arm draped over her side and smiled softly. She began to look around the rest of the room, seeing how many things were moved or scattered about. Their clothes from the night before littered the ground, and she saw several empty condom wrappers on the floor beside the bed.

‘God, if a maid were to walk in and see this, she’d probably cringe,’ Buffy thought. ‘And I would be way too embarrassed to make someone else clean this up.’ She began to lean over the edge of the bed to try to grab the reminders of her night with Spike, but his grip on her tightened, pulling her back to him.

“Already trying to run away from me, pet?” he asked quietly, finally opening his eyes to look at her. She turned on her side to face him and saw the dreamy look in his eyes. “Good morning, beautiful.”

“Hi,” she said quietly, smiling when he gently grazed her cheek.

“Has anyone ever told you that you look like an angel in the morning?” he asked, studying the way she glowed, especially with the sunlight covering her.

“I look like Angel?” she joked, giggling. He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“No, because if you did, I sure as hell wouldn’t have feelings like this for you,” he replied, slowly running his hand down her side, resting it on her hip. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah,” she answered, slightly stretching, showing off more of her skin to him. “Did you?”

“You have no idea how well,” he replied before becoming insecure. “Last night…do you regret it?”

“No,” she answered, frowning. “Why? Do you?” He shook his head, taking her hand in his and kissing it.

“I just didn’t want you to wake up this morning regretting what happened,” he said. “Was it a one-time deal?”

“Not unless you want it to be,” she answered, inwardly praying that it wouldn’t be the end for them.

“No, I don’t want this to stop,” he said, looking into her eyes. “You mean a lot to me, Buffy.” She smiled softly. “And I can’t thank you enough for giving me a chance last night. I know I’ve been a wanker to you since we met, but I think it was only because I wanted you so much and thought you were unattainable.”

“Was that your indirect way of apologizing?” she asked, giggling. He frowned before playfully tickling her. She shrieked and curled up against him, effectively stopping his assault on her.

“I’m sorry, pet,” he whispered, kissing her shoulder. She looked at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes. “Now, what do you say we go hop in the shower?” She laughed and sat up, pulling the sheets up to cover her chest.

“Weren’t you satisfied enough last night?” she asked jokingly. “Between the bed, the tub, the couch, the floor…I’m sad to report that I’m a little sore.” He frowned.

“I’m sorry, luv,” he said, running his hand down her back slowly, causing a chill to run up her spine. “I didn’t mean to wear you out or hurt you.” She rested her hand on his abs.

“I’m fine,” she smiled, and as the phone rang, she grabbed it and handed it to Spike. “I’ll be in the shower.” He frowned and nodded before talking on the phone. She walked into the bathroom and saw rose petals scattered around on the floor from the night before and grinned.

‘This trip just keeps getting better and better,’ she thought.

* * *

After spending their last day in Vegas together, it was time to pack up their things once again and get back on the bus to head to Reno. They hadn’t told anyone else that they had slept together, but it was somewhat obvious to the others, especially when they would sneak in kisses whenever they thought that no one else was looking.

After the bus got on the expressway to travel to the next stop, Buffy sat in the main part of the bus with her laptop, e-mailing Lilah, while Spike finished talking to Oz and went to sit with her.

“So, when do I get to interview you?” she asked, looking at him. “Your interview is the most important.”

“I told you once before that I didn’t want to be interviewed, didn’t I?” he asked, frowning.

“Yeah, but that was before,” she said. “Things have changed. I thought you’d be more agreeable now.”

“I still don’t want to be interviewed, luv,” he replied, crossing his arms.

“Then why did you agree to have me come on this trip in the first place if you didn’t want to be interviewed?” she asked, looking at him.

“I was outvoted- I didn’t want you here,” he said before realizing too late how bad of an answer that was. She stood up quickly and stormed to her bunk bed, laying down on it and closing her eyes, trying not to cry.

‘I know he was against me before we met,’ she thought. ‘But I can’t believe he said that to me, after everything that’s happened.’

Spike took a deep breath before walking to the sleeping area and sitting on the bunk across from hers.

“Buffy, I want you here,” he said sadly, looking at the hurt etched into her features, even though she wasn’t looking at him. “You know I’ve never really liked the idea of the band being written about in some magazine, but it’s your job, and I’m not going to stand in the way of that.”

“So you’ll let me interview you?” she asked quietly, looking at him. He sighed.

“No,” he answered, and she stared at him, more angry than upset.

“I thought you said you weren’t going to ‘stand in the way’ of my job?” she asked sternly.

“I’m not, but I don’t want to be interviewed,” he said firmly. “It’s not my style.” He smirked slightly. “You should know what my style is now, pet. You know a lot more about me, don’t you?”

“Because sleeping with someone gives you so much insight into their life,” she said sarcastically before turning on her side, facing away from him. He frowned and stood up.

“Buffy, I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I know you’re cross with me, but this is just the way I am.”

“Yeah, apparently,” she mumbled. He sighed. “Just go away, Spike, before I do something I’ll regret.” She paused. “No, wait, I’ve already done something I regret.” She turned to look at him.

“What are you saying, luv?” he asked, both confused and hurt. “You regret what we did?”’

“I was insane to think that things had changed between us,” she replied, angry.

“And I was insane to think-” he began before cutting himself off. “No, you’re right- you are insane.”

“Screw you,” she replied sharply before sarcastically laughing. “Oh wait! I’ve already done that!”

“And bitchy Buffy returns,” he said, furious, before throwing his arms up, exasperated. “Fine, pet, if this is how you want to play the game, then I quit.”

“The game is already over, Spike,” she said, closing her eyes to hold in the tears that had formed. “You lost.”

“But I got what I wanted from you, so I guess I didn’t lose, now did I?” he asked. She closed the curtain that separated her from him and began to quietly cry. He clenched his jaw and went to the mini-refrigerator on the bus.

‘Damn it,’ he thought, grabbing the bottle of Jack Daniels he had stored in there. ‘I really screwed up this time.’ He opened the bottle and took a large gulp from it. ‘But it’s nothing I can’t wash away with my pal Jack here.’
***************************************************************************



A/N I pushed myself to finish writing this so I could post it today, so I hope everyone likes it:) There is a lot more angst to come, I promise. Please leave me reviews and tell me what you think. Thanks!:)